**Speed test: sabretooth vs thor

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By XiiX

@jayc1324: Flash is still faster than Hermes or Quicksilver, and Deathstroke tagged him several times, and Wonder Woman who is empowered by Hermes who is the god of speed. Both are above street-level. Your point?

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chill tf out. Everyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Batman has tagged wonder woman too... And DC Hermes isn't marvel Hermes. My point is that Thor is above street levelers, because street levelers can't tag Hermes and Thor dug a trench around quicksilver and a bunch of other street levelers before they could react

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonknights: Thor is faster than street levelers, seeing as how street levelers can't keep up with hermes and thor dug a trench around quicksilver and other street levelers before they could react. Not hard to understand

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Deathstroke impaled Flash when he was already running. Flash's speed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hermes or Quicksilver.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Cream_God
No Caption Provided

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By DemonKnights

@jayc1324: OR we can just do it like this: thor is slower than street levelers since they consistently make him look slow and stupid. Direct argument. Not this run around" if he beat him and he beat that guy carry the 2 and divide by 5, thor is fast" crap argument.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: the ultimate PIS. Deathstroke is nowhere near flash's speed, and flash goes slow when dealing with humans @demonknights: Because Thor never uses his speed. Name me one instance Thor used his sped in a fight. You can't. Not to mention batman has tagged both wonder woman and superman. Clearly street levelers get special treatment with superhumans. Silly moments like that clearly are just low showings

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: with all due respect, you don't need to see why. You can PM me if u want to know why IIII see why it matters though. Feel free.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: once again, Darkseid has never moved at nano second speed on panel....there's never going to be a solid piece of evidence to prove that besides him being faster than Dessad.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: the ultimate PIS. thor is nowhere near quicksilver's reactionary-speed, and quicksilver goes slow when dealing with thor

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: except that it consistently happens. But I understand if u want to keep ignoring that.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#165  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@ancient_0f_days: Yet again, Darkseid is not and never has been a speedster. Do you expect to see feats of Darkseid keeping up with Flash in a race? It's not happening. Inferring Darkseid to be of Nanosecond reaction was not a ''tactic'' --- it was an inference, and a logical one if we contrast him to Desaad, that is literally the best you can find for Darkseid in that category. Darkseid is never going to have feats which showcase him performing great speed feats, if any. That is why I pulled out that feat for Darkseid, because it's a rarity and that it's ironically more impressive than Thor's reaction.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonknights: it doesn't... @xiix: he doesn't though. Quicksilver has dodged Thor before. And the point wasn't to show Thor's reaction speed... But he did move faster than quicksilver reacted.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: yes it does. And its been mentioned and talked about repeatedly through out this thread. Even the moderator Buckshot came in and explained it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonknights: Like I said, batman tagged superman and wonder woman. Street leveler encounters are silly to bring up when dealing with characters that are clearly faster. There are also times when Thor moves faster than street levelers too, so its not consistent

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: again, it IS consistent as people have mentioned. Again, even a mod came in and said it. They are consistently faster than him.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor loses here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonknights: 1. Mods can be wrong like everyone else

2. THOR NEVER USES SPEED

3. They aren't consistently faster, I gave the the example of thor digging the trench. Just one example of it not being consistent.

4. Until a street leveler is fast enough to fight hermes, Thor is faster

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@xiix: he doesn't though. Quicksilver has dodged Thor before. And the point wasn't to show Thor's reaction speed... But he did move faster than quicksilver reacted.

he doesn't though. flash blitzed Deahtstroke before. And the point wasn't to show Deathstroke's reaction speed...But he did get the sword up before flash reacted.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I get you guys like Thor and all, but the argument of "Thor doesn't use his speed so he can give Street-Levelers a chance", is just poor.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@laflux said:

Honestly, I get you guys like Thor and all, but the argument of "Thor doesn't use his speed so he can give Street-Levelers a chance", is just poor.

Word.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By pikachumonster

@laflux: seems like someone is hating on DC speedster P iS moments... Agree with you yeeyeyye

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 frozen  Moderator

@jayc1324: Literally, a Thor writer has stated that Thor doesn't have traditional super-speed. I can find you the quote if you want. It directly confirms he is indeed around or below street-level.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@frozen: Actually, Darkseid does have a few good speed feats, some such as stopping speedblitz's from Superman on a few occasions and disappearing from his sight before he even noticed. Not to mention the microsecond reaction feat which is actually on panel as well as his open combat with Orion where both were utilizing super speed.

So your use of Dessad as a benchmark is irrelevant, Darkseid has no nanosecond reaction feats.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By green_skaar

@laflux said:

That's the author's decision, not Thor's, there is a difference. Thor has never had an issue with heavy-weights/heralds/and beyond with speed with the notable exception of Sentry. Now look at all the 'street level' folks he struggles with, see a pattern? It happens to a lot of heavy-weights in Marvel, when they fight equals or superiors, rarely is speed ever even a factor, but when they fight street leveler's it magically becomes one. And yes I think it's so the popular street levelers don't get turned into red paste.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By DemonKnights

@jayc1324: wrong. Its consistent. Plenty of times have been mentioned. Why do u ignore that, dude?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: and there are other writers who say that he does. Thor was created to be stronger than hulk, yet many writers write him as weaker. Mjolnir has had tons of powers over the years that some don't agree it should have. One writer doesn't decide everything about a character. Maybe that writers Thor was slow but that doesn't take away all of those speed feats. Characters change with the writer.

@xiix: ??? Can you even formulate your own arguements? Until a street leveler fights hermes and can keep up with him, thor is faster. Deathstroke is irrelevant here anyway

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#181  Edited By Wolverine008

@laflux said:

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonknights: there are plenty of times he's faster than them too. Like digging the trench. And Thor doesn't use speed anyway. Until a street leveler can keep up with hermes, thor is faster

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: I'm sure the writers had to reach a consensus.. It would be strange for one to deviate entirely

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@ancient_0f_days: Yes, I mentioned a feat of him stopping Superman's speed-blitz. However his speed feats are not much, and he does not really operate with the traditional super-speed. It's generally because Darkseid's speed is largely uncharacterised, that's not a bad thing; he genuinely does not require it to beat powerhouses. Batman has disappeared from Superman, I would not use that specific encounter to justify it. The 'Nanosecond' ''feat'' was a nice find, because there were claims of him being Microsecond.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: why would i do that, when yours are just oh so good? Until Thor fights someone as fast as The Flash and keep up with him, deathstroke is faster(combat-wise). the example with deathstroke is relevant here totally.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: I'm sure the writers had to reach a consensus.. It would be strange for one to deviate entirely

Writers deviate all the time.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: u only have those 2 instances? And the one with Hermes wasn't combat speed. Let me hit all caps so u don't ignore or overlook this: IT WASNT COMBAT SPEED. MJOLNIR DRAGGED THOR BEHIND HIM AND THATS HOW HE GRABBED HERMES LEG. And to make matters worse, mjolnir is not allowed in this battle.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#188  Edited By Wolverine008

@green_skaar said:

@laflux said:

That's the author's decision, not Thor's, there is a difference. Thor has never had an issue with heavy-weights/heralds/and beyond with speed with the notable exception of Sentry. Now look at all the 'street level' folks he struggles with, see a pattern? It happens to a lot of heavy-weights in Marvel, when they fight equals or superiors, rarely is speed ever even a factor, but when they fight street leveler's it magically becomes one. And yes I think it's so the popular street levelers don't get turned into red paste.

Thing is, most of the Marvel powerhouses Thor runs into are running with craptastic speed feats themselves, and the ones that do have formidable speed themselves like Gladiator or Silver Surfer don't even use their speed to the fullest of their capabilities and blitz/overwhelm him. Thor's been outspeed by speedsters whom aren't popular anyways. Superman has incredible combat speed and he's not bothered by popular street levelers unless there is context behind them. It really has nothing to do with popularity frankly, Marvel simply doesn't tend to portray their powerhouses like Thor and the majority of his ilk as having exceptional operational speed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: No its not. They aren't in the same universe even. And are you really arguing that Slade is as fast as flash?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By XiiX

@jayc1324: At least half of the fights posted are between characters from different publications. are you really arguing that Thor is as fast(combat-speed wise) as quicksilver?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonknights: a street leveler can keep up with hermes, so Thor is faster. Yes this isn't a combat speed feat but Thor is still faster than street levelers. Which was my point.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: "deviate entirely" I believe i said. There's always a source material, but in group interactions that include Thor, people borrow from past writing as a base.....

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do all this craziness, why do, if this guy can catch that it, blah blah blah, stop being scared. Just do it straight up. Man up. Man to man wolverine was faster. Cap said thor is slow, mongoose was faster than thor, wolverine said thor was slow, Spiderman is faster than thor, thor said wolverine is faster, then later it was proven when wolverine was faster. Just stop it dude. You're looking stubborn and are just irritating everyone cause u refuse to open your eyes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: well considering that he built a trench around him before he could react and Thor is as fast as lightning then yes. Quicksilver couldn't dodge Thor's lightning and thor is as fast as lightning so yes Thor is faster.

And OK I see that you can't make your own arguments.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: nobody cares about travel speed, nor has that ever been what was talked about. We've been talking about combat speed this entire time.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: well considering deathstroke impaled, shot, and tripped flash before he could react and deathstroke is stated being as fast as lightning then yes. flash couldn't dodge deathstroke's sword, energy-staff blast, or staff tripping him up so yes deathstroke is faster.

i'm sorry. your arguments are just too good, and take about a fraction of the time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: WHO CARES ABOUT DEATHSTROKE

I proved Thor is faster than quicksilver.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: lol he doesn't see what you've done.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By XiiX

@jayc1324: HIS CHILDREN DO

I can switch to Hulk or Iron-Fist if you'd prefer.