**Speed test: sabretooth vs thor

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@zeroplus said:

@dextersinister: If he can travel that fast, then logically he should have very fast reactions as well...

No because there has always been a clear distinction been travel getting to A and B and reaction outmaneuvering your opponent

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#52 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@zeroplus said:

@dextersinister: If he can travel that fast, then logically he should have very fast reactions as well...

Not really, since Mjolnir is semi-sentient and can pilot for him. And beyond that, it's not like jet pilots can catch bullets.

@zeroplus: my personal opinion yes he does, he has shown to at the very least react in microseconds, however a lot of people here try to use only his low showings

Why does that high end feat carry more weight than "low showings" which are more consistent?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Cream_God

@buckshot: depends on what you nit pick, I can show high showing of him smacking around SS, Gladiator, Hyperion, etc and showing around Nanosecond combat speed and i can also show low feats like getting hit multiple time by Spidey, Mongoose, Wolverine, etc showing street level combat speed so logically the middle ground is his combat speed being around the Microseconds which I use as his norm.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@cgoodness: Him fighting characters that have super speed when they aren't using it isn't an example of his own speed. What you have are a handful of high end feats in decades-long history of street level speed (at best). You finding the median of those feats instead of the average is not a representative of his typical performance. Your "norm" is inconsistent with the true norm presented in Thor appearances. Additionally, Thor's street level speed is supported by more than just countless depictions, but also by numerous explicit statements from characters including Thor himself. But I don't really expect your opinion to change.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@buckshot: It's true that Thor's speed is really incoincistent, but he has some good speed feats, if he was that slow he wouldn't be able to keep up with SS, Gladiator etc.,if he was that slow he would get thousands of punches from them before he could react, but he's been able to trade punches and go toe to toe with them, don't get me wrong I'm not trying to convince you but I feel like his speed is underrated.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Cream_God

@buckshot: actually the bases of his microsecond reaction speed comes from this scan

No Caption Provided

And no the lowballing nit picking of his low showings is not consistent seeing as Thor has hit speedsters using their speed and the flat out scan above saying he has microsecond reaction speed, im not saying he has nanosecond, im saying at the least its microsecond

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@cgoodness:

Yeah, I knew exactly where you were getting the feat from. It changes absolutely nothing in what I said. The other examples you posted are frankly embarrassing. The scan with Hyperion shows how Thor gets hit by someone using speed. Thor only gets a hit in AFTER Hyperion has already hit him. If he had the speed to compete Hyperion's attack would never have landed. Same goes for Thor getting hit by Surfer's board. And the fight that follows has no clear evidence of Surfer fighting at anywhere close to his best speeds. The scan of Thor using an area attack against Quicksilver is overused and I don't know why because all it shows is that Thor couldn't actually land a direct attack on a fast character so he had to use a wide attack to knock Quicksilver off his feet. Thor beating up on Gladiator when he's not using his speed is yet another example of...nothing. As is Thor fighting Nova. Embarrassing.

@zeroplus said:

@buckshot: It's true that Thor's speed is really incoincistent, but he has some good speed feats, if he was that slow he wouldn't be able to keep up with SS, Gladiator etc.,if he was that slow he would get thousands of punches from them before he could react, but he's been able to trade punches and go toe to toe with them, don't get me wrong I'm not trying to convince you but I feel like his speed is underrated.

No, Thor's speed isn't that inconsistent. It's consistently at street level with very few clear examples of speed beyond that. And you're another person that doesn't seem to understand that these characters he fights that have speed don't always use it. In fact, they rarely do. Would you say Spider-Man and Wolverine have high level speed just because they've traded attacks with Surfer and Gladiator? No, because it's clear that those characters aren't using their speed every time they fight.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: if Hyperion was completely faster than Thor then Thor wouldn't have ever landed a hit in the first place (i do believe someone with Microsecond combat speed can tag someone with Nanosecond) , and Surfers board hit him from behind clearly, plus SS flat out says hes no longer holding back, the QS scan shows that Thor was able to strike the ground in front of QS before QS can react, never does it show QS was to fast for Thor to ever hit, and if you read the comic yes Gladiator was using his speed the entire fight, and if you could please not refer to my effort of trying to find a middle ground between Thors high feats with his low embarrassing, i would appreciate it.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: Surfer and Gladiator have gone all out against Thor many times, I see no reason why they wouldn't use their speed against someone who can give them hell. Spider-Man's and Wolverine's attacks should have no effect on them, why use your speed when they can't hurt you ?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus: Probably but that's travel speed. Green Lanterns can travel at multiple times the speed of light but they would fall in the same ballpark as Thor when it comes to reacting

That's wrong on the Green Lantern part

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus: You're referring to them as if they're actual people/alive. The writers make that call, not the characters being written, and illustrating an interesting fight is arguably the main priority, which is why so many of them here are drastically different than the ones in comics. It's not nearly as entertaining when one combatant has a marked advantage over the other as opposed to them being on a more even keel.

Like Superman usually trading punches with Darkseid as opposed to just volleying off several and dodging any Darkseid might throw, since Darkseid hasn't shown combat-speed anywhere near Superman's. People want to see a hotly contested match between good and evil, not Darkseid's face getting pulped before he can blink.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Kingant27

Thor, I agree he does get lowballed, and while he has some pretty bad showings, he has clocked in at a microsecond character.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@wolverine08:

That's it, we're settling this.

In all honesty, I highly doubt I'm going to change my mind when it comes to Thor's speed. Hes heavily inconsistent between team books and solo titles. I'm kinda done with the whole Thor speed threads, because everyone has an opinion on it and isn't gonna change their mind on it. The only character of the Thor family that has consistency is Beta Ray Bill.

Oh my f*cking God,did he just throw a f*cking tree at her?!?!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By Wolverine008

@beaconofstrength said:

@wolverine08:

In all honesty, I highly doubt I'm going to change my mind when it comes to Thor's speed. Hes heavily inconsistent between team books and solo titles. I'm kinda done with the whole Thor speed threads, because everyone has an opinion on it and isn't gonna change their mind on it. The only character of the Thor family that has consistency is Beta Ray Bill.

Oh my f*cking God,did he just throw a f*cking tree at her?!?!

That's what I was asking!

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By XiiX
Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@twix_right_side: B!tch had it coming.

She was just playing! Jesus!! I don't think that she deserved to have a f*cking tree thrown at her head!!! XD

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@zeroplus: You're referring to them as if they're actual people/alive. The writers make that call, not the characters being written, and illustrating an interesting fight is arguably the main priority, which is why so many of them here are drastically different than the ones in comics. It's not nearly as entertaining when one combatant has a marked advantage over the other as opposed to them being on a more even keel.

Like Superman usually trading punches with Darkseid as opposed to just volleying off several and dodging any Darkseid might throw, since Darkseid hasn't shown combat-speed anywhere near Superman's. People want to see a hotly contested match between good and evil, not Darkseid's face getting pulped before he can blink.

True, Darkseid is slow, but he has the Omega Beams that are superfast and uses them to weaken Superman and lower his strength & speed.

I'm not saying that Thor is on Surfer's speed level, but I think he is at last above street level.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#68 frozen  Moderator

@zeroplus: Darkseid can operate in Nanoseconds.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn. A mod went in on this. I'm impressed. Dropping Knowlede

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By KingAres109

@wolverine08: could I look on YouTube for that???I think its funny as hell.Lol

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Cream_God

@wolverine08: could I look on YouTube for that???I think its funny as hell.Lol

Loading Video...

no need, found it

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Also do you have scans for that, cause I only believe what I see with my own eyes.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By frozen  Moderator
ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 frozen  Moderator

@zeroplus: No problem. It's from Genesis #4 btw.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Good to know, thanks again.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DemonKnights

Wait. So then who's a match for thor speed combat wise? Tombstone maybe??

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen Your scan is out of context.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Damn that's it??What happened after??That's what I wanna know...Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is way faster than street levelers. Cap said Eric Masterson was slow not Thor. Thor doesn't use his speed often and wasn't using it during the spiderman instance. Those two examples are dumb to claim Thor is slow.

Thor is as fast as lightning.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jayc1324: Steve also said Eric's predecessor (which is Thor) had the same problem as him. So what's your point?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Thor is way faster than street levelers. Cap said Eric Masterson was slow not Thor. Thor doesn't use his speed often and wasn't using it during the spiderman instance. Those two examples are dumb to claim Thor is slow.

Thor is as fast as lightning.

Cap said that Eric Masterson's ancestor(Thor) struggled with speed as well. And if Thor is faster than street levelers, why do they all run around him? Several street levelers have either dodged or been compared to lightning.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: who would be a match for thors combat speed? Someone like tombstone maybe?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingares109: idk, its stagedd though...

Vine

scroll down till you see "Don't ask about my previous relationship.. w/ @Hannah Stocking"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Eric couldn't even touch Thor later on though. And most if not all street levelers are no threat to Thor and he doesn't use speed often anyway.

@ghostravage: Later on Eric was not fast enough to tag Thor. So clearly Thor is way faster than eric

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By DemonKnights

What about kraven the Hunter or scorpion or lizard?? Maybe thors around their speed? Anybody knowledgeable with those characters?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@wolverine08: Eric couldn't even touch Thor later on though. And most if not all street levelers are no threat to Thor and he doesn't use speed often anyway.

@ghostravage: Later on Eric was not fast enough to tag Thor. So clearly Thor is way faster than eric

I'm not even going to bother.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By XiiX
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jayc1324: Doesn't matter, that doesn't disprove the notion of Thor being slow, if anything you're just saying Eric is slower than a slow person, making both of them fall in the category of slow.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still waiting for proof of Thor not using his speed against street levelers because they aren't threats to him when he was using his finest strikes and admitted he wasn't going to hit Wolverine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: it does disprove it. Thor isn't slow like Masterson. He's as fast as lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: thor doesnt use his speed against anyone, not just street levelers. And I thought you weren't going to bother

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@wolverine08: thor doesnt use his speed against anyone, not just street levelers. And I thought you weren't going to bother

Thor said he was using his finest strikes, and still couldn't touch Wolverine. That pretty much blows your theory apart to the root.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By DemonKnights

@jayc1324: thor doesn't use his speed against anybody??? Lol I think wolverine08 would agree

TheTrollDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheTrollDance

Edit: wrong topic, sorry.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:
@xiix said:

True, Darkseid is slow, but he has the Omega Beams that are superfast and uses them to weaken Superman and lower his strength & speed.

I'm not saying that Thor is on Surfer's speed level, but I think he is at last above street level.

Superman himself was impressed with Darkseid speed. I have to go look for the scan though.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Finest =/= fastest. I think its kinda silly to compare a god to a street leveler. Hela said thor is faster than comprehension and Thor did dig a ditch around a group of heroes including quicksilver before they could react