Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OmegaDynasty

vs 

Spectre 
vs 
Parallax 

Rules: 
Winner by death, KO, surrender, capture. 
Random encounter. 
No backing for the Spectre.  

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Isn't spectre afraid of Parallax?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Paralax .....

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Emperorb777

The Spectre > Parallax and Ion

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanroygrant

@joeagentofhand1 said:

Isn't spectre afraid of Parallax?

When since?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant:

apparently during Blackest Night

Blackest Night

He was released by Hal Jordan to help him battle a black ring possessed Spectre during Blackest Night, because Hal said that the Spectre was afraid of Parallax. Hal Jordan willingly offered himself to be Parallax's host again. Now fused with Parallax, Hal was able to free the Spectre from his imprisonment in the Black Power Ring. The Spectre admits that he is afraid of Parallax and his kind. With the help of the Spectre and Carol Ferris, Hal was released from the Parasite's hold. Just before Parallax was able to fuse with Sinestro, he was warped to a distant location by unknown means.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@joeagentofhand1 said:

@jeanroygrant:

Blackest Night

He was released by Hal Jordan to help him battle a black ring possessed Spectre during Blackest Night, because Hal said that the Spectre was afraid of Parallax. Hal Jordan willingly offered himself to be Parallax's host again. Now fused with Parallax, Hal was able to free the Spectre from his imprisonment in the Black Power Ring. The Spectre admits that he is afraid of Parallax and his kind. With the help of the Spectre and Carol Ferris, Hal was released from the Parasite's hold. Just before Parallax was able to fuse with Sinestro, he was warped to a distant location by unknown means.

Right, although Hal Jordan is the host. So would Hal Jordan Spectre be afraid of Hal Jordan as Parallax?
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jeanroygrant

@OmegaDynasty said:

@joeagentofhand1 said:

@jeanroygrant:

Blackest Night

Right, although Hal Jordan is the host. So would Hal Jordan Spectre be afraid of Hal Jordan as Parallax?

That's weird, because i've seen Spectre fight stronger people, and not be afraid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OmegaDynasty: I just currently read the sinestro corps war and it seemed like Hal was able to fight back, but Parallax is very good at mind games. So I will have to go with Parallax for now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant: It was a way for Black Lantern Spectre to be beaten

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanroygrant

@joeagentofhand1 said:

@jeanroygrant: It was a way for Black Lantern Spectre to be beaten

Ah, plot device i, see.

gonjasufi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gonjasufi

@jeanroygrant said:

@OmegaDynasty said:

@joeagentofhand1 said:

@jeanroygrant:

Blackest Night

That's weird, because i've seen Spectre fight stronger people, and not be afraid.

yeah....seems like PIS to me.

eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eisjfiejss

@Immortal777 said:

Original Ion and Parallax > Spectre

eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eisjfiejss

Hal Jordan as Spectre would defeat any version of Parallax besides that of Zero Hour.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Emperorb777

@eisjfiejss said:

@Immortal777 said:

No

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

@eisjfiejss said:

Hal Jordan as Spectre would defeat any version of Parallax besides that of Zero Hour.

eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eisjfiejss

@Immortal777 said:

@eisjfiejss said:

@Immortal777 said:

No

Original Parallax already defeated Spectre. Original Ion is above the Spectre by virtue of being able to warp the events of Zero Hour such that they never existed, something the Spectre is far from capable of doing.

Will you kindly explain why you believe in the opposite?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Emperorb777

@eisjfiejss said:

@Immortal777 said:

@eisjfiejss said:

@Immortal777 said:

No

Original Parallax already defeated Spectre. Original Ion is above the Spectre by virtue of being able to warp the events of Zero Hour such that they never existed, something the Spectre is far from capable of doing.

Will you kindly explain why you believe in the opposite?

Beside the BFR that drained all of Parallax power where do you see him beating Spectre who came right back with no injuries at all. How would Parallax be more powerful than The Spectre yet fighting The Spectre drained him while Spectre was just fine.

Where does it say Spectre couldn't change the timeline or that ION more powerful.

eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By eisjfiejss

@Immortal777:

In the scan you posted regarding parallax, Spectre states "This ends now!" and Parallax states "Yes, but not the way you want." Right afterwards Parallax knocks Spectre unconscious. This effectively means that the battle between Parallax and Spectre is over at this point, and Parallax has come out the victor. It is implied that Spectre became unconscious, and regained consciousness by the end of the fight. The following thread may shed some light:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/when-did-parallax-defeat-the-spectre/535878/

Regarding Ion you would agree with me that the scans above prove that Ion can indeed change the timeline, and nullify everything that occurred up to and during zero hour, right? I was not stating that Spectre couldn't change the timeline based on the scan you posted I was meaning if Spectre really could change the timeline, he would NOT have had to go fight Parallax during zero hour and needed all the heroes' help to defeat him. If Spectre could warp reality like Ion could, he could have just made everything the way it is such that Zero Hour never occurred, and disregarded Parallax for that matter. The fact that Spectre had to exert all that energy to confront Parallax during Zero Hour proves that he can't do what Ion is stating he can do here.

So what I'm saying is this: Spectre barely stopped Zero Hour; Ion can stop Zero Hour on a whim; Therefore Ion is likely to have higher powers than Spectre. The Spectre during Zero Hour was Corrigan, and since Corrigan has better feats than Hal Jordan then by extention Ion > Corrigan Spectre > Jordan Spectre.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Saren

Parallax never defeated the Spectre in Zero Hour. He even lost all his power (every last drop of it) and was defeated because he needed it to hurt the Spectre just once.

And Jordan's Spectre already fought Parallax during his tie-in to Last Laugh and won, so.......

No Caption Provided
eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By eisjfiejss

@CitizenBane:

Just curious if you believe Parallax did not defeat Spectre what do you think about the opinions of the posters in this thread?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/when-did-parallax-defeat-the-spectre/535878/

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By TDK_1997

Spectre wins.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Saren

@eisjfiejss said:

@CitizenBane:

Just curious if you believe Parallax did not defeat Spectre what do you think about the opinions of the posters in this thread?

If I believe Parallax did not defeat Spectre then obviously I disagree with the opinions of posters in that thread.

All that happened was Parallax hitting Spectre with an energy blast that made him go "Aargh!". Plenty of characters express pain when hit by an attack, it's not an indication of defeat. Spectre went out of view and popped up again three pages later, to see Parallax beaten once and for all and then he channeled enough energy through Waverider to recreate the universe. It was even stated that Hal was defeated because fighting the Spectre had drained all of his power. Kyle said that the Spectre's "sacrifice" had weakened Parallax, and I do not believe that it is sufficient to claim that Parallax defeated the Spectre, especially when the Spectre was fine at the end of the fight and Parallax was defeated precisely because he fought the Spectre. He lost all his power hurting the Spectre just once, and then he was done.

eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By eisjfiejss

I see...I would more likely believe that Spectre was knocked out from the blast and therefore incapable from fighting any further (and regained consciousness by the end of the fight), but I think we've been through this before so lets just leave it as it is. We can remain with our opinions for now.