#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ohhh.... good battle...

overall i've got to say The Specter...

he's The Right Hand of God, so The Saint of Killers should have to obey him as he speaks for God

M

#2 Posted by Golem (760 posts) - - Show Bio

Two godly beings. Who wins?

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

nice job on using a character i haven't seen in a battle yet though :D

M

#4 Posted by Golem (760 posts) - - Show Bio

Any other opinions?

#5 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"ohhh.... good battle... overall i've got to say The Specter... he's The Right Hand of God, so The Saint of Killers should have to obey him as he speaks for God M"

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

but Saint of Killers killed God, so couldn't he do the same to Spectre?

#6 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Methos says:
"ohhh.... good battle... overall i've got to say The Specter... he's The Right Hand of God, so The Saint of Killers should have to obey him as he speaks for God M"

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

but Saint of Killers killed God, so couldn't he do the same to Spectre?"

in theory yes e could.

#7 Posted by DaMainMan (801 posts) - - Show Bio

They are basically counterparts to each other in their respective roles for God and neither likes it. A draw or they kill each other eternally.

#8 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

SoK

#9 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio
This could be a Stalemate
#10 Posted by DaMainMan (801 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah stalemate/ and or they kill each other.

#11 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@DaMainMan said:
"

They are basically counterparts to each other in their respective roles for God and neither likes it. A draw or they kill each other eternally.

"
No. One executes God's will, the other just kills people for the hell of it.
#12 Posted by !!Abyss!! (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Saint, he just seems more powerfull to me...dont rlly know why.. :)

#13 Posted by DaMainMan (801 posts) - - Show Bio

If you were familiar with the Saint you would know that he was manipulated, created by and served God too. He only went about doing his own thing when God went missing. Spectre had a nervous breakdown when that happend to him.

#14 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

SOK beat jobbers, not God or the Devil as we know them in the classic biblical sense

Divinity in Ennis books amount to a bunch of chumps who spend their days half blind, half deaf, half drunk and half dumb

#15 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
"SOK beat jobbers, not God or the Devil as we know them in the classic biblical senseDivinity in Ennis books amount to a bunch of chumps who spend their days half blind, half deaf, half drunk and half dumb"

everyone to you is a jobber, SOK would win here, spectre has been beaten by other people
#16 Posted by negamegas (311 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, there could be a possibility that SOK version of God differs from DC's version.  Sort of how like Spawn's version of God is different.

#17 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@negamegas said:
"Well, there could be a possibility that SOK version of God differs from DC's version.  Sort of how like Spawn's version of God is different. "

god in SOKs world said he made all creation and said he would give SOK anything he wanted......seems like god to me

#18 Posted by negamegas (311 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000:
Same said for Spawn's God but turned out not too be true.
#19 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@negamegas said:
"@DC_Marvel_1000: Same said for Spawn's God but turned out not too be true. "

but spawns god was proven different, SOK has not
#20 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's recap SOKs limits, SOK has trouble with undead Vampires yes a damn VAMPIRE

Let's recap what godhood means, are they even in Sentry's league or Dr M's league
They are chumps

Preacher God feats = Sitting on a throne, allowing psycho Granny to be immunized to the word (only temporarily)....big deal
 giving Preacher an eye patch, dying....THATS IT = chump

Preacher Satan feats = Collecting dead folk, getting stomped by SOK,
 having his home froze over = total chump

Classic Biblical God = Creates the Universe, the World, Mankind in 7 days... actually 6 because on 7 he had a snooze
Classic parts the Seas allowing his people to run to safety
Creates Tempests, Storms, Floods that almost wipe the Earth clean
Turned people into a pillar of salts for looking back at the atomic Flash over Soddom or however its spelt

As a kid Garth Ennis probably went to some kind of Catholic Bible lesson while he was schoolkid in North Ireland
1 He either found religious class so boring he was asleep throughout the entire lesson,
or
2part of the reason he wrote Preacher was to take the p*ss out of religion and deities

I'm going with option 2 since a lot of his stuff seems to have religious satire

Ennis version of God = jobber

#21 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
"Let's recap SOKs limits, SOK has trouble with undead Vampires yes a damn VAMPIRELet's recap what godhood means, are they even in Sentry's league or Dr M's leagueThey are chumpsPreacher God feats = Sitting on a throne, allowing psycho Granny to be immunized to the word (only temporarily)....big deal giving Preacher an eye patch, dying....THATS IT = chumpPreacher Satan feats = Collecting dead folk, getting stomped by SOK, having his home froze over = total chumpClassic Biblical God = Creates the Universe, the World, Mankind in 7 days... actually 6 because on 7 he had a snoozeClassic parts the Seas allowing his people to run to safetyCreates Tempests, Storms, Floods that almost wipe the Earth cleanTurned people into a pillar of salts for looking back at the atomic Flash over Soddom or however its speltAs a kid Garth Ennis probably went to some kind of Catholic Bible lesson while he was schoolkid in North Ireland1 He either found religious class so boring he was asleep throughout the entire lesson, or 2part of the reason he wrote Preacher was to take the p*ss out of religion and deitiesI'm going with option 2 since a lot of his stuff seems to have religious satireEnnis version of God = jobber"
that god did make all creation...............................................................and again PLOT saved cassy READ A FU&*ING COMIC
#22 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine this , both are avatars of God's wrath in their respective universe and so on... but powers aside

One guy is a man with a green robe and the other is a man with two loaded guns

you do the logic

#23 Posted by negamegas (311 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000:
Okay, I'll give that too you.

But with that said.... Spectre should fall then.
#24 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Stalemate. I doubt the Spectre could permanently put SOK down, or even banish him somewhere else. But I also don't believe the Spectre would fall to SOK. His essential to the Universe, and for as long as the Wrath of God is required, and backed up by the Presence, he would always reform himself after being shot. Besides, we've seen many beings of importance resurrected by the Source, as well. Anyway, it's a tie for me.
#25 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Would they get along though?
#26 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx said:
" @Morpheus_: Would they get along though? "
What do you mean by "getting along"? The issue here, is if the one could kill/ beat the other.
#27 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
"Let's recap SOKs limits, SOK has trouble with undead Vampires yes a damn VAMPIRELet's recap what godhood means, are they even in Sentry's league or Dr M's leagueThey are chumpsPreacher God feats = Sitting on a throne, allowing psycho Granny to be immunized to the word (only temporarily)....big deal giving Preacher an eye patch, dying....THATS IT = chumpPreacher Satan feats = Collecting dead folk, getting stomped by SOK, having his home froze over = total chumpClassic Biblical God = Creates the Universe, the World, Mankind in 7 days... actually 6 because on 7 he had a snoozeClassic parts the Seas allowing his people to run to safetyCreates Tempests, Storms, Floods that almost wipe the Earth cleanTurned people into a pillar of salts for looking back at the atomic Flash over Soddom or however its speltAs a kid Garth Ennis probably went to some kind of Catholic Bible lesson while he was schoolkid in North Ireland1 He either found religious class so boring he was asleep throughout the entire lesson, or 2part of the reason he wrote Preacher was to take the p*ss out of religion and deitiesI'm going with option 2 since a lot of his stuff seems to have religious satireEnnis version of God = jobber"

Preacher God created his universe as well so presumably he has all the powers of Biblical God.

Also, Saint's weapons failing to kill Cassidy was PIS. Even Garth Ennis admitted it was PIS and that Saint should've easily destroyed Cassidy.
#28 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio
@MTS said:
" That's so stupid..... "
It's Ennis calling religion retarded,
he's often taking the p*ss out of the Church, God, Devil, the Bible in his comics

Anything Divine is basically a jobber in Preacher

Since SOK has trouble with Vampires I'm not even sure he'd get past a group of zombies

#29 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge: True , but they can't hurt him either
#30 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio
hmmm... it could be a stalemate...
#31 Posted by DaMainMan (801 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
"@MTS said:
" That's so stupid..... "
It's Ennis calling religion retarded, he's often taking the p*ss out of the Church, God, Devil, the Bible in his comicsAnything Divine is basically a jobber in PreacherSince SOK has trouble with Vampires I'm not even sure he'd get past a group of zombies"

The Cassidy incident was a mistake which Ennis admited to. He said he was still working on the characters in those early issues.  At best they tie or the Saint kills the Sprectre, again.
#32 Posted by Superparody (2011 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate of Sok wins... 
just because the god in saint is jobber he still created everything... so he is still a god
#33 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

SOK wins.