Spectre vs Marquis of Death and Doctor Doom

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Silver2467
Spectre vs Marquis of Death and Doctor Doom. Spectre decides that he will punish Marquis of Death and Doc Doom for their crimes against humanity. Spectre fights Marquis and Doom in another galaxy on an indestructible, featureless planet (although they can carry their fight to anywhere else if they wish). Doom and Marquis have 1 year of prep for both fights. Rules: 1) No BFR (Battle Field Removal). One side or the other must be KO'd or killed to be defeated. 2) All of the combatants involved are in character. They will do in this battle as they would in their respective comics. (If anyone believes these fights are one-sided I apologize.)

Fight 1: Spectre at restricted power. 
Fight 2: Spectre unbound. 

Who wins?
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Night Thrasher

Spectre wins. Both scenarios, Marquis took out multiple Galacti(?) but Galactus ain't on Spectre's level.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Silver2467
@Night Thrasher: He is a universal scale reality warper though. You don't think he has a chance at all even with Doom and prep?
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Silver2467: Nope, Spectre is supposed to be on par with the Living Tribunal. Unbound Marquis isn't even a blip on Spectre's radar. Bound then Marquis more of a chance, but given that Spectre is the spirit of vengeance then I see this more like a sick sado-masochist torture fest, that ends very badly for the Marquis.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Silver2467
@Night Thrasher said:
" @Silver2467: Nope, Spectre is supposed to be on par with the Living Tribunal. Unbound Marquis isn't even a blip on Spectre's radar. Bound then Marquis more of a chance, but given that Spectre is the spirit of vengeance then I see this more like a sick sado-masochist torture fest, that ends very badly for the Marquis. "
Some people don't agree with the comparison between Spectre and LT though. But, fair assessment. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Spectre should be as powerful as LT. At his strongest, he is. But on average, he isn't that strong. 

But I'm going with Spectre.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Night Thrasher
@JediXMan: Spectre is hard to gauge in terms of power level. On one level he's taking to Parallax/ Anti-Monitor level characters. On the other he's getting chumped by Captain Marvel. I think he's on par with LT, but writers want to use him more, so they "dumb him down" to make him usable.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Night Thrasher said:
" @JediXMan: Spectre is hard to gauge in terms of power level. On one level he's taking to Parallax/ Anti-Monitor level characters. On the other he's getting chumped by Captain Marvel. I think he's on par with LT, but writers want to use him more, so they "dumb him down" to make him usable. "
Wasn't Captain Marvel at Shazam levels at the time? And I think Spectre returned and made Marvel turn back into a kid.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Night Thrasher
@JediXMan: I belive so. But still!? Though it was a great story, a raging mad Spectre shouldn't be getting his arse handed to him by Shazam. If he truly is supposed to be on Living Tribunal's level, then he would look around, see things aren't right, and wave his hands and everything would be back how it's supposed to be. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Night Thrasher said:
" @JediXMan: I belive so. But still!? Though it was a great story, a raging mad Spectre shouldn't be getting his arse handed to him by Shazam. If he truly is supposed to be on Living Tribunal's level, then he would look around, see things aren't right, and wave his hands and everything would be back how it's supposed to be.  "
Agreed. I like Spectre being depicted at near-omnipotent levels.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Night Thrasher
@JediXMan: Doesn't matter to me how he's depicted, I just which it was consistent. He's a cool character period.
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By llagrok

At his strongest the Spectre directly carries out Yahweh's will. This puts him a bit below GEB, Michael and Lucifer, but still far above the LT.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Night Thrasher
@llagrok: Living Tribunal answers only to TOAA. He is the authority of balance in the universe. Spectre at his best is equal to Living Tribunal.  

Living Tribunal along with TOAA were the only being capable of erasing Thanos' possession of the Infinity Gauntlet. Spectre is equal to Living Tribunal if anything. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silver2467
@llagrok: So you would say Spectre wins both then also?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
Spectre would probably win both scenarios... unless he Jobs... which isnt out of possibility 
OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

#1: Marquis Of Death Solos.
#2: Spectre.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silver2467

I guess the consensus is unanimous (aside from one troll). I'm a pretty big Spectre fan, and I know what he's capable of and who he's defeated (Nabu, Shazam, etc.). But I guess I overestimated Marquis of Death. My bad. 

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By czarny_samael666

2.scenario - Spectre for sure.
1.? I don't how powerfull is this version, but it must be close to LT also, because MoD is high above guys like Galactus or Eternity.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silver2467
@czarny_samael said:
1.? I don't how powerfull is this version, but it must be close to LT also, because MoD is high above guys like Galactus or Eternity. 
Spectre is usually restricted in his power. He is still vastly powerful even when restricted by the Presence, but he's not allowed all of his power. He's usually only unbound against particularly powerful threats. 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By sexy_merc

Fight 1: Spectre should win but he has been taken out by people significantly weaker than him in the past like Black Adam. With preparation, they might get a win. If he's not jobbing, he should win.
Fight 2: Spectre unbound should be way above what these guys can handle even with preparation. I don't recall unbound Spectre jobbing either.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silver2467
@Sexy Merc said: 

" Fight 1: Spectre should win but he has been taken out by people significantly weaker than him in the past like Black Adam. With preparation, they might get a win. If he's not jobbing, he should win. Fight 2: Spectre unbound should be way above what these guys can handle even with preparation. I don't recall unbound Spectre jobbing either. "

I agree that he has jobbed before, but to be fair, Adam only broke a shell of Spectre. It is impressive on Adam's part, but I don't think it really counts.     
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sexy_merc
@Silver2467: I shouldn't have said taken out but what I was trying to point out is that people below his level were capable of harming him before.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silver2467
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Silver2467: I shouldn't have said taken out but what I was trying to point out is that people below his level were capable of harming him before. "
Which is a good point, and I agree. 
lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is a restricted power Spectre?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lol: I'm not sure. I think he meant "bound to a host", but from what I've seen, Spectre is actually less powerful when unbound/not attached to a host.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@xiix: actually, the spectre unbound has better feats than most bound, like in DoV. the only reason it seems like that is because spectre would be too powerful bound, therefore they always bound him to a host to justify the PIS feats.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@lol: I'm not sure. I think he meant "bound to a host", but from what I've seen, Spectre is actually less powerful when unbound/not attached to a host.

Yeah unless you wish call Crispo Allen as the host

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa: That's not what I gathered from the feats. Spectre had to exert himself unusually to strike the killing blow against Nabu. Who, while admittedly the most powerful Lord of Order, himself has not feats to suggest he'd pose much of a problem to The Spectre. Same with Shazam earlier in the series.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@xiix: he did not exert himself, he was just angry, really really angry. anyway, remember how he killed nabu? by leeching magic from everywhere in the universe, thats how. think of all the magic he got, he became truly unstoppable but we never got to see how powerful because Yahweh stopped him, and forced him into a new host. anyway, when he fought with captain marvel with amps, they were messing up dozens of dimensions, and he was taken by surprise, AND he did not even take magic from anywhere.

the difference between bound unbound:

bound, can not take magic.

unbound: can leech magic from anywhere in the universe, without worrying about any defenses.

edit: shazam was in his place of power, and the RoE makes his already low end sky father power 1000 fold.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By darklord_apoc

With prep? Well Doom was able to take some of the Beyonders powers right? So why couldn't he do the same to Specter? Plus Marqis of Death is a powerhouse on his own and he probably could be able to stall Specter while Doom uses a device to drain Specter of his powers?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By XiiX
No Caption Provided

@baron_von_santa: That's what "exert" means: "To put in vigorous(meaning strong or rapidly growing) action". That was the entire point of Nabu taunting him and "pushing him" so he would exert more power, because the way Spectre was going about it wasn't getting the job done insofar as killing him(even asking what was taking him so long), and by extension the(then) current age of magic wouldn't end, and The Presence wouldn't have intervened.

I'm aware of Spectre drawing in magic for the killing blow, but that's just it;it strikes me as somewhat odd Spectre would need to consult an external power-source to kill him in the first place.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: well, it is not a low feat for spectre, it s a high end feat for nabu. even all the magic of the universe did not instantly kill him, when spectre without taking magic from anywhere was messing up dozens of dimensions with captain marvel.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By XiiX
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: and even nabu was like 'why is it taking you so long to kill me?' and ' you should have been able to crush me in an instant'.

and he also said there was a rational part of him, so spectre was holding back too. this theory is backed by this scan;

No Caption Provided

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@xiix: stealng all magic from everywhere in the universe should be his greatest. followed by him almost beating anti monitor, followed by him making michael say he is a formidable foe (though this one should be the first, even though michael was obviously saying that just to not hurt specs feelings). followed by him beating parallax.

spectre is often used by DC to weaken characters for popular superheros like superman to strike the final blow, which is why DC has less fans than marvel.

what do you think of my lucifer respect thread?

http://www.comicvine.com/lucifer-morningstar/4005-24232/forums/lucifer-morningstar-original-and-new-52-respect-th-1514774/

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: stealng all magic from everywhere in the universe should be his greatest. followed by him almost beating anti monitor, followed by him making michael say he is a formidable foe (though this one should be the first, even though michael was obviously saying that just to not hurt specs feelings). followed by him beating parallax.

spectre is often used by DC to weaken characters for popular superheros like superman to strike the final blow, which is why DC has less fans than marvel.

what do you think of my lucifer respect thread?

http://www.comicvine.com/lucifer-morningstar/4005-24232/forums/lucifer-morningstar-original-and-new-52-respect-th-1514774/

lol bias much?

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa: It's pretty good. Could use some expansion as far as showing his higher end feats, but overall informative.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@xiix: um, wanna rate it on that thread? i have hit my maximum post number lol

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectre

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa: You forgot him depowering Mxyzptlk and undoing the damage caused Emperor Joker with a severely weakened Mxyzptlk, despite Hal being extremely inexperienced with the power of Spectre. Also you could add Hal beating Stigmonus.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By jwwprod

With prep both Marquis of Death and Doctor Doom should win.

DarkseidFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spectre easily

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marquis wins both rounds, spectre is hard to guage, he migt win and he might lose lol.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duo

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marquis solos both rounds without prep and I would be willing to bet Doom with prep could too.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duo.

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're giving Prep to Dr.Doom then this is a horrible stomp. The Team wins.