• 74 results
Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Apparition

probably. i heard a group of magic users beat spectre so if they could then galactus certainly could.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

Apparition says:

"probably. i heard a group of magic users beat spectre so if they could then galactus certainly could."

when?

Vectorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vectorman

Could Galactus defeat Spectre ?

fear monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By fear monger

the world eater, spectre might put up a fight or just annoy galactus
Post Edited:2007-12-19 23:34:18

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Apparition

Nighthunter says:

"Apparition says:
"probably. i heard a group of magic users beat spectre so if they could then galactus certainly could."
when?"

sorry nh, but i cant remember where it was.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Apparition

Nighthunter says:

"Apparition says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Apparition says:
when?"
sorry nh, but i cant remember where it was."
if you mean infinite crisis, they reunited all magicians and magic beings from earth, summoned him, he killed three of them and left lol"

what happened up to that point? were they having success against him?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nighthunter

Apparition says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Apparition says:
when?"

if you mean infinite crisis, they reunited all magicians and magic beings from earth, summoned him, he killed three of them and left lol

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nighthunter

Apparition says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Apparition says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Apparition says:
when?"
if you mean infinite crisis, they reunited all magicians and magic beings from earth, summoned him, he killed three of them and left lol"

what happened up to that point? were they having success against him?"

They only gathered together in (I think it was) stonehage. They were weak at that moment so they had to use all their power just to summon him. The Spectre just appeared and killed the villains that were there and then left. Not really a fight

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Apparition

Nighthunter says:

"Apparition says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Apparition says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Apparition says:
when?"
They only gathered together in (I think it was) stonehage. They were weak at that moment so they had to use all their power just to summon him. The Spectre just appeared and killed the villains that were there and then left. Not really a fight"

hmmm that's different from what i remember but i'll take your word for it

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nighthunter

it can also be a diferent ocation lol

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Apparition

lol you never know

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nighthunter

Apparition says:

"lol you never know"

is like saying

"You know when Superman was controlled by _(Insert name here) and Batman had to defeat him with Kryptonite to save him and humanity?" lol

Vectorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vectorman

I think Spectre would win . Spectre is powered by The Presence. If The Presence fully powers Spctre how can he lose to Galactus ?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nighthunter

Vectorman says:

" I think Spectre would win . Spectre is powered by The Presence. If The Presence fully powers Spctre how can he lose to Galactus ?"

Yeah, the spectre is like the living tribunal of DC

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Spectre wins, he is in Living Tribunal's power level, and Galactus cannot affect magic. That is one of the only things he has trouble with. Galactus will give him a fight but Spectre is only second to the Creator in the DC Universe.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By the creator

Fantasma Ghost says:

"Spectre wins, he is in Living Tribunal's power level, and Galactus cannot affect magic. That is one of the only things he has trouble with. Galactus will give him a fight but Spectre is only second to the Creator in the DC Universe."

Yes, he does run a close second to me.....Lol

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hadrelius

Fantasma Ghost says:

"Spectre wins, he is in Living Tribunal's power level, and Galactus cannot affect magic. That is one of the only things he has trouble with. Galactus will give him a fight but Spectre is only second to the Creator in the DC Universe."

That's right. Doc Strange used magic to help defeat him in Fantastic 4 # 243. But the Spectre's power level seems to change so often from cosmic being to just a powerful weilder of magic. But Galactus is a force of nature like death. Hmmm!.

I will go with the Spectre.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By acewasp23

Alpha says:

"That's right. Doc Strange used magic to help defeat him in Fantastic 4 # 243. But the Spectre's power level seems to change so often from cosmic being to just a powerful weilder of magic. But Galactus is a force of nature like death. Hmmm!. I will go with the Spectre."

yeah Galactus powers have never shifted in comics before.

oh whats this, is that galactus being beaten by Rachel Summers as the normal phoenix?

his power lvls change more than any other character in marvel because he has to feed constantly to keep himself at full power.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Andferne

I'm starting to think the whole I must Feed thing I'm weak is just a line.

Every time Galactus gets beat up he pulls out that line. lol

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By acewasp23

Andferne says:

"I'm starting to think the whole I must Feed thing I'm weak is just a line. Every time Galactus gets beat up he pulls out that line. lol"

LoL

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hadrelius

Andferne says:

"I'm starting to think the whole I must Feed thing I'm weak is just a line. Every time Galactus gets beat up he pulls out that line. lol"

That's funny.

But his power is based on his energy level. He can actually die if it drops to low. So it stands to reason that he can be beaten by other powerful beings at that time.

But it still gives a reason for a power change. unlike Spectre.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Andferne

Think about it. Your sparring someone you've never fought before. They get the best of you. At the end you tell them good fight.....wish I didnt do a hard workout before we fought, boy I'm tired.

or

Wow that was a good match. I'd like to spare you again when I'm not sick.

I've been training for 7 years in martial arts and you wouldnt believe the number of times people pull out line like this. Galacus has a glass jaw :) lol

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hadrelius

Andferne says:

"Think about it. Your sparring someone you've never fought before. They get the best of you. At the end you tell them good fight.....wish I didnt do a hard workout before we fought, boy I'm tired. or Wow that was a good match. I'd like to spare you again when I'm not sick. I've been training for 7 years in martial arts and you wouldnt believe the number of times people pull out line like this. Galacus has a glass jaw :) lol"

LOL!

He's beaten some great powers in the MU. And he is feared by everyone. Known throught out the universe. Has to stand 4 something.

What form or style of martial arts?

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Andferne

Shotokan Karate is my main style. I dabble in judo.

I got an exsplanation for Galactus's norority too :) He pays the Watchers butt loads of money (currency, woman, power etc) t go around and talk about the comeing doom that is the World Eater. Few hundred years pass by his popularity is booming everyone is afraid of him lol ( I am just jokeing about this btw. I know Gal has some power. I just found this funny as it just came to me)

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hadrelius

Andferne says:

"Shotokan Karate is my main style. I dabble in judo. I got an exsplanation for Galactus's norority too :) He pays the Watchers butt loads of money (currency, woman, power etc) t go around and talk about the comeing doom that is the World Eater. Few hundred years pass by his popularity is booming everyone is afraid of him lol ( I am just jokeing about this btw. I know Gal has some power. I just found this funny as it just came to me)"

That's a good theory.

Judo and Shotokan..That's a great combo.

I studied Chin Na and Tekwon do. Never became proficient in either.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Methos

<-- Tang Soo Do and t'ai chi chien :D

M

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By acewasp23

Methos says:

"<-- Tang Soo Do and t'ai chi chien :D M"

really i thought you studied MOD-CAN-DO? LoL

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Andferne

Ive fought with a good number of Tk do people. There was this one old chinese guy I fought with who was smaller than me (5'11' 150) and kicked F$%^^ hard. I new he wouldbe quick but he had some snap to his kicks for sure.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hadrelius

Andferne says:

"Ive fought with a good number of Tk do people. There was this one old chinese guy I fought with who was smaller than me (5'11' 150) and kicked F$%^^ hard. I new he wouldbe quick but he had some snap to his kicks for sure."

Known for their kicks and if studied correctly, can have a lot of power. Even some of the more aireal ones.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Andferne

Theres a school here for Tang Soo Do. We're good friends with them. We have thier more serious students come spare with us at times.

Chin Na, and T'ai chi chien I've neve heard of before. What is its main focus?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Methos

Tang Soo Do is brilliant, i've been doing that for about 6 years now...

T'ai Chi Chien is the straight sword weapon form of T'ai Chi

amazing for dexterity and control

M

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hadrelius

Andferne says:

"Theres a school here for Tang Soo Do. We're good friends with them. We have thier more serious students come spare with us at times. Chin Na, and T'ai chi chien I've neve heard of before. What is its main focus?"

Chin Na is Chinese and mostly like Japanese Aikido.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Methos

acewasp23 says:

"Methos says:
"<-- Tang Soo Do and t'ai chi chien :D M"

really i thought you studied MOD-CAN-DO? LoL"

nah, thats just a hobby :D

M

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Andferne

I'll tell you a story from my Shion. He was at a black belt seminar and like most afterwards all the black belts sit around ad BS when its over. Well the punching bag was still set up and they wanted to see who would kick it the hardest between two of the people there.

First up was this big mountain of a black guy. 6'4"-6'6" 250-300 went to the bad and knocked the crap out of it. Things basically bent in half and swayed back and forth. If this kick hit you solid youd have some broken ribs and get knocked back if not on your ar$e.

Second guy goes up to it. Small japanese guy 5'6"-5'8" maybe a buck and a half. Grabs the bag and stops it fomr swaying. Feels the bad a sec turns it, then steps back. Throws his kick BAM bag's visual movement is less than desireable from what you would think he could do. Everyone started to question and ask what was up. He then turns the bag so everyone can see. Theres a hole where his foot went into the bag and out again.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Andferne

Ah a sword art. Thats why I didnt know it. I hvent even started to try and learn any weapons to any degree.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hadrelius

Andferne says:

"Ah a sword art. Thats why I didnt know it. I hvent even started to try and learn any weapons to any degree."

Not a sword art. Think Steven Seagal as far as the Aikido example. A locking technique.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Methos

Andferne says:

"Ah a sword art. Thats why I didnt know it. I hvent even started to try and learn any weapons to any degree."

yeah... i love it :D

M

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Andferne

The sword thing was remarked at methos sorry. I should really start useing the quote thingy.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hadrelius

Andferne says:

"I'll tell you a story from my Shion. He was at a black belt seminar and like most afterwards all the black belts sit around ad BS when its over. Well the punching bag was still set up and they wanted to see who would kick it the hardest between two of the people there. First up was this big mountain of a black guy. 6'4"-6'6" 250-300 went to the bad and knocked the crap out of it. Things basically bent in half and swayed back and forth. If this kick hit you solid youd have some broken ribs and get knocked back if not on your ar$e. Second guy goes up to it. Small japanese guy 5'6"-5'8" maybe a buck and a half. Grabs the bag and stops it fomr swaying. Feels the bad a sec turns it, then steps back. Throws his kick BAM bag's visual movement is less than desireable from what you would think he could do. Everyone started to question and ask what was up. He then turns the bag so everyone can see. Theres a hole where his foot went into the bag and out again."

Something to be said for a focused and precise blow.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Andferne

Needless to say I've tried to do that ever since. Havent been able to do it yet lol.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hadrelius

Andferne says:

"Needless to say I've tried to do that ever since. Havent been able to do it yet lol."

Gotcha!

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lordraiden

Apparition says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Apparition says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Apparition says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Apparition says:
when?"
They only gathered together in (I think it was) stonehage. They were weak at that moment so they had to use all their power just to summon him. The Spectre just appeared and killed the villains that were there and then left. Not really a fight"
hmmm that's different from what i remember but i'll take your word for it"

Spectre! as stated, his power comes from the presense! which goes beyond cosmic or galactic! in the end, spectre will finally sate galactus hunger, by removing him from the universe!

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lordraiden

and regarding the mages who tried to summon him, he basically appeard, looked at star saphire, said you guilty, fried her ass and departed! there was no battle, there couldn't be any battle, they weren't looking to battle him, they wanted his help! unfortunately, they never got it, just minus one of there numbers!

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By warlock360

acewasp23 says:

"Alpha says:
"That's right. Doc Strange used magic to help defeat him in Fantastic 4 # 243. But the Spectre's power level seems to change so often from cosmic being to just a powerful weilder of magic. But Galactus is a force of nature like death. Hmmm!. I will go with the Spectre."

oh whats this, is that galactus being beaten by Rachel Summers as the normal phoenix?

his power lvls change more than any other character in marvel because he has to feed constantly to keep himself at full power. "

snap makes me wanna post stuff like this

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hadrelius

lordraiden says:

"and regarding the mages who tried to summon him, he basically appeard, looked at star saphire, said you guilty, fried her ass and departed! there was no battle, there couldn't be any battle, they weren't looking to battle him, they wanted his help! unfortunately, they never got it, just minus one of there numbers!"

The Spectre seems to be a magical being created by the Presence to take vengence on wrong doers. He as powerful if not more powerful than the Great Lords, whoo are not cosmic beings but magical. So I would say based on power, he is no where near Galactus, but since Galactus is vulnerable to magic (as in FF #243 with Dr Strange) he could fight him and lose. Galactus is a force like Death and Eternity, only surpassed by the Living Tribunal.

I know I said Spectre earlier, but I change my mind.

tetralord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tetralord

i doubt it, it took all of the d.c. magic users combined to stall spectre. galactus is no match fer gods wrath.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vrakmul

Warlock360 says:

"acewasp23 says:
"Alpha says:

And after that

his power lvls change more than any other character in marvel because he has to feed constantly to keep himself at full power. "

snap makes me wanna post stuff like this

"

Galactus kicks thanos' @$$ all across the panels.
Post Edited:2007-12-20 07:45:29

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Vrakmul

tetralord says:

"i doubt it, it took all of the d.c. magic users combined to stall spectre. galactus is no match fer gods wrath."

Strange Pun not intended I recall Dr.fate kicking Spectre's rear end.
Post Edited:2007-12-20 07:47:48

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lordraiden

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
"and regarding the mages who tried to summon him, he basically appeard, looked at star saphire, said you guilty, fried her ass and departed! there was no battle, there couldn't be any battle, they weren't looking to battle him, they wanted his help! unfortunately, they never got it, just minus one of there numbers!"
The Spectre seems to be a magical being created by the Presence to take vengence on wrong doers. He as powerful if not more powerful than the Great Lords, whoo are not cosmic beings but magical. So I would say based on power, he is no where near Galactus, but since Galactus is vulnerable to magic (as in FF #243 with Dr Strange) he could fight him and lose. Galactus is a force like Death and Eternity, only surpassed by the Living Tribunal. I know I said Spectre earlier, but I change my mind. "

Spectre is not just magical! He's basically there to dispense the Presence's vengeance and punishment, and the presence>galactus and anyone and everyone! the only thing stopping the spectre to do as he pleases is the presence!

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vrakmul

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
The Spectre seems to be a magical being created by the Presence to take vengence on wrong doers. He as powerful if not more powerful than the Great Lords, whoo are not cosmic beings but magical. So I would say based on power, he is no where near Galactus, but since Galactus is vulnerable to magic (as in FF #243 with Dr Strange) he could fight him and lose. Galactus is a force like Death and Eternity, only surpassed by the Living Tribunal. I know I said Spectre earlier, but I change my mind. "

Spectre is not just magical! He's basically there to dispense the Presence's vengeance and punishment, and the presence>galactus and anyone and everyone! the only thing stopping the spectre to do as he pleases is the presence!"

The presence=Living Tribunal. The one above all>Presence. Deal with it! And Dr.fate still kicked Spectre's @$$.