#1 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre at normal levels of power vs Dr Strange at full power.

Dr Strange gets 2 months of prep.

Morals off for Strange battle takes place in Earth 616 in The Marvel Universe.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like classic strange with 2 months prep could take him but, honestly I don't know enough about the host of the god of DC to really say much.

#3 Posted by WillPayton (9815 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure what the "normal" power level of Spectre is.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (31268 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Not sure what the "normal" power level of Spectre is.

Yes, can we have that defined?

#5 Posted by High Revolutionary (3178 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, considering Classic Strange has held his own against the likes of Sise-neg and Zom; whilst Spectre has been hurt by Black Adam and Qwsp, I believe this fight is closer than one would think.

At very least Classic Strange will be able to negate most of a normal powered Spectre's attacks. If Strange powers up during prep time he might be able to overpower Spectre early on.

#6 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: @WillPayton: I mean he is not Unbound or backed by the presence. He is just normal Spectre with Jim Corrigan as his host.

#7 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

@High Revolutionary: Spectre has never been hurt by Black Adam.

#8 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre wins in my opinion. Classic Strange needed help from the FF and someone else to take Shuma Gorath who is about the same power level as Spectre.

#9 Posted by High Revolutionary (3178 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

@High Revolutionary: Spectre has never been hurt by Black Adam.

Look it up.

#10 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

@High Revolutionary: I don't need to I've seen the fight and he didn't hurt Spectre.

#11 Posted by High Revolutionary (3178 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

@High Revolutionary: I don't need to I've seen the fight and he didn't hurt Spectre.

I suppose Spectre made himself bleed to humor Black Adam.

I'm not going to argue semantics with you.

#12 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

@High Revolutionary: Yea thats exactly what happen unless you think Batman kicking Spectre and making him bleed is legit because like with Batman he humored Black Adam. If you really believe Black Adam can hurt the Spectre the you are extremely overrating Black Adam.

#13 Posted by High Revolutionary (3178 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

@High Revolutionary: Yea thats exactly what happen unless you think Batman kicking Spectre and making him bleed is legit because like with Batman he humored Black Adam. If you really believe Black Adam can hurt the Spectre the you are extremely overrating Black Adam.

Let's put it this way, if I was in charge of DC, there is no way in HELL I would let something as stupid as BA busting through Spectre's head, or Batman kicking Spectre in the head happen.

But DC allowed it to happen, and in both cases the Spectre winced. When batman kicked him, he (in fact) gasped in pain. It happened. Stupid writing, but you can't deny that it happened.

#14 Posted by Owie (3945 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a fairly close battle. I would say that the analogous "real" battle was Strange vs In-Betweener. Strange won with prep and luck and the ability to conjure power from other interdimensional beings. I think that would probably work here again. The prep is definitely important.

#15 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre takes it in a decent fight.

#16 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

full power spectre kill full power strange

#17 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre wins this mostly likely. 
Dr.Strange would win if it took place in the DC universe. With the prep he would get his hands on the Spear of Destiny somehow. 

#18 Posted by ShootingNova (18923 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is Full-power Spectre, I assume it could win. It defeated Dr. Fate if I remember what I was told correctly, and Dr. Strange is close to Fate in terms of power.

#19 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

Dr.Strange would win if it took place in the DC universe. With the prep he would get his hands on the Spear of Destiny somehow.

Bah. The whole Vandal Savage is secretly Cain thing never made any sense. Tthe entire Final Crisis/Spectre story was completely ridden with PIS. IMO Spectre stories in general were pretty fluky after IC.

Specter at "normal levels" to me is Jim Corrigan, namely the Jim Corrigan we saw post COIE before Hal took the mantel.

That Spectre is going to put Strange in the grave.

#20 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

Why would that not be legit? Spectre has a limitation, his powers can and has been held back by the host and given the scenario where Spectre asked him to hurt kick him, being hurt or drawn blood doesnt make it not legit. Think of it this way, Spectre is a spirit, he doesnt bleed, host does. Making Spectre bleed sure isnt going to do much if its was a two sided combat.

I do not think the blood was to humor either Batman or Black Adam, nor hurting a spectre host is something really noteworthy, being Spectre in a fair fight however would be, and we know Batman nor Black Adam isnt really even close to consider that.

#21 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Immortal777 said:

Why would that not be legit? Spectre has a limitation, his powers can and has been held back by the host and given the scenario where Spectre asked him to hurt kick him, being hurt or drawn blood doesnt make it not legit. Think of it this way, Spectre is a spirit, he doesnt bleed, host does. Making Spectre bleed sure isnt going to do much if its was a two sided combat.

I do not think the blood was to humor either Batman or Black Adam, nor hurting a spectre host is something really noteworthy, being Spectre in a fair fight however would be, and we know Batman nor Black Adam isnt really even close to consider that.

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/citizenbane/the-batkick-clearing-the-air/87-78299/

#22 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: If you believe that Batman can hurt Spectre after reading that don't bother to reply to me because I don't care.

#23 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/citizenbane/the-batkick-clearing-the-air/87-78299/

Could you point anything in the blog which contradicts anything i have said?

@Immortal777 said:

@Killemall: If you believe that Batman can hurt Spectre after reading that don't bother to reply to me because I don't care.

Instead of getting bother, might i ask you to read what i initially typed. Batman cannot hurt spectre NORMALLY, which is not something i am arguing. But given the fact that spectre specifically wanted to be punished in the scenario, Batman hurting him isnt an unlegitmate showings, in fact, if you read through the blog it pretty much says the same thing.

#24 Posted by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

The Spear of Destiny is a good weapon against Spectre, but honestly the ring of Life is better. Simple Hoods possessing the ring of life back in More fun Comics could immobilize Spectre with ease. In All Star Squadron (26 or 7 IIRC) Spectre was Kullak's puppet when he possessed it. That story was one of the times that Spectre defeated classic Dr Fate. He was in fact below "normal level" for the battle. During which they battled fairly evenly for a while before Spec just banished him to an infinity of dimensions.

@ShootingNova said:

If this is Full-power Spectre, I assume it could win. It defeated Dr. Fate if I remember what I was told correctly, and Dr. Strange is close to Fate in terms of power.

The defeats that Fate has had to spectre have not been to a full powered one. As I said above in the ASSq issues that they fought Spectre was completely controlled and the lap dog of Kullak (now that dude was powerful ). Despite being denied access into the realm of Earth by the presence after Spec's first battle with him he is able to open a vortex to earth (that he admittedly could not pass through). His mere presence open to the Earth was enough to spread hatred all across the earth that had brother killing brother, mother- child etc. The other was against the disembodied energy form of Nabu manifest as the talismans of Fate's power. In that battle that was a Spectre unbound who is less than a normal Spectre in many ways and above in some. Nabu however in that form would be above Classic Dr fate (the version that is even with Classic Strange)

The way I see it if it's held in the DC universe than because of the way magic works and mortals are more limited in it's use (the reason that Classic fate was made immortal) than it would go to Spectre. Yes Strange and fate are even in showings but he always jobbed to spectre because of the mortality aspect and how that affects his powers. In MU it would I believe get a lot closer due to no such restrictions.

#25 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre.

#26 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic strange could win but it would require alot of PIS. He probably wouldn't beat spectre he would just trick him like he did the LT.

#27 Edited by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre.

#28 Posted by InfiniteMassPunch (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Define spectre at normal levels ? I find that the spectre is subjective to so much PIS. Writers often mistreat him. But I'm going to have to say classic strange. Classic strange often tangled with cosmic beings and abstracts. Plus he has a huge advantage with the prep.

#29 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3618 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely, spectre should be able to beat dr. Strange

#30 Posted by SlimJ87D (10699 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to say. What limitations does Classic Strange get in his 2 months of prep. I don't even think the Wizard Shazam had any prep whatsoever in his battle the spectre. Not 2 months worth I don't think.

#31 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

It's hard to say. What limitations does Classic Strange get in his 2 months of prep. I don't even think the Wizard Shazam had any prep whatsoever in his battle the spectre. Not 2 months worth I don't think.

Are you referring to "Days of Vengeance" when Spectre defeated Shazam?

#32 Posted by Mr_Explicit1 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

The Specter is a servant of God! He should beat Doctor Strange easily.

#33 Posted by SlimJ87D (10699 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Black said:

@SlimJ87D said:

I believe so. There's too many variables here. Spectre at normal levels, what are his normal levels? Is he bounded to a host?

Classic Strange with 2 months. What are his limitations? Does he get the wand of watomb for example?

#34 Posted by eisjfiejss (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@_Black said:

@SlimJ87D said:

I believe so. There's too many variables here. Spectre at normal levels, what are his normal levels? Is he bounded to a host?

Classic Strange with 2 months. What are his limitations? Does he get the wand of watomb for example?

DOV Spectre is one of Spectre's weakest versions. I'd think he's stronger here.

#35 Posted by turoksonofstone (12901 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange, with full power, prep, and home universe on his side. Spectre would seem the obvious winner otherwise so long as it's classic Spectre.

#36 Posted by beatboks1 (7515 posts) - - Show Bio

FU I just spent nearly 45 minutes constructing a response to three points on this thread with scans to support and the F@#$ing page just froze then disappeared b4 I could post.

These kinds of problems seem more and more frequent lately

#37 Posted by Iragexcudder (5550 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre dies. Dr Strange is the sorcerer supreme. Spectre is weak against high and very powerful magic attacks, all of which Dr Strange can illuminate. Strange wins because he can manipulate time and use it against Corrigan. Strange FTW

#38 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say Strange.

#39 Posted by NeonGameWave (8975 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre.

#40 Posted by Fire_Ant (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with The Doctor. In two months, I don't see him having any problem travelling to the DCU. In a day, he can talk to Dr. Fate, find out everything he knows about the Spectre, and learn of the existence of the Spear of Destiny, that ring some else mentioned, and whatever other items Spectre's vulnerable to. In the next two months he gathers these items and prepares a spell to separate the Spectre from his host, or totally seal him within. Easy win for Steve-o. The fact that Batman and a few others have drawn blood proves that he can be hurt. If I let a little kid stab me. I'll bleed. I could avoid that if I choose, but that doesn't mean I'm immune to knives. Ya dig? Spectre is vulnerable to powerful magic. Strange has THE MOST powerful magic in Marvel, so I'm sure that registers as at least "powerful" in DC. With the scenario I've explained Spectre can't win.

#41 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre.

#42 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Spectre even stalemate the Living Tribunal? If not, I go for Strange.

#43 Posted by nirbu23 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre is gods wrath there is no normal power and only a full powered eclipso, dr.fate,and nabu can beat him but dr.strange at full power could stand a chance but I think spectre wins he sunk a continent by stepping on it which was Atlantis on land

#44 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Strange via the channeling of great PIS powers.

#45 Edited by King Saturn (225050 posts) - - Show Bio

With the Prep Time, Classic Dr. Strange might be able to defeat The Spectre.

#46 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Spectre even stalemate the Living Tribunal? If not, I go for Strange.

you make it sound like strange is on LT's level, which he's far from.

IMO spectre wins this though i could see it going in strange's favor.

#47 Posted by theDCkid (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre.