Spectacular spider-man (tv) vs Ultimate spider-man (TV)

• 133 results
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By SpidermanWins

@Static Shock said:

@venomoushatred1001: I don't see what the big deal is about Venom's origin in the show. His origin in the comic book of the same name isn't even the same it's original origin, anyway. Besides, they have to make things different in cartoons.

I agree with this. Plus, I mean, If they don't change some things it'll just get boring to audiences. The same story over and over in each series gets repetitive. They have to try something new for their new series. I mean, I personally think they should've stuck with the Ultimate comics story but you know cartoons...

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@Static Shock said:

@venomoushatred1001: I don't see what the big deal is about Venom's origin in the show. His origin in the comic book of the same name isn't even the same it's original origin, anyway. Besides, they have to make things different in cartoons.

Its not the fact that they gave him a different origin, its the fact that they gave a terrible one. Spider-man's blood? REALLY!??!? I don't even understand how that makes sense! Not to mention they left out Eddie Brock for some ungodly reason, and apparently Harry Osborn will be Venom instead.

Look next to Matt Lanter.
Look next to Matt Lanter.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Static Shock

@SpidermanWins: Exactly. With things exactly like the comic book, a lot of people aren't going to watch the show.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Static Shock

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Its not the fact that they gave him a different origin, its the fact that they gave a terrible one. Spider-man's blood? REALLY!??!? I don't even understand how that makes sense! Not to mention they left out Eddie Brock for some ungodly reason, and apparently Harry Osborn will be Venom instead.

It's still not that big of a deal. I don't really have a problem with the origin, either. Maybe they wanted to focus on the friendship between Harry and Peter.

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

@Static Shock said:

@SpidermanWins: Exactly. With things exactly like the comic book, a lot of people aren't going to watch the show.

You may be right but it just doesn't make sense to me. I mean if somebody's going to watch it for the first time and see Venom whats the first thing that comes to mind when they wonder who's in the Symbiote suit? Eddie Brock right so if them making it like the comics will just turn people away from it is just plain stupid.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:

It's still not that big of a deal. I don't really have a problem with the origin, either. Maybe they wanted to focus on the friendship between Harry and Peter.

Yes, I get that, but not making him Eddie and changing the origin is just gonna confuse people who haven't been following the comics. When people think Venom, they think ALIEN symbiote + Eddie Brock = Venom. Changing everything up is just going to turn people off.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Static Shock

@IIDEADxPOOLII said:

You may be right but it just doesn't make sense to me. I mean if somebody's going to watch it for the first time and see Venom whats the first thing that comes to mind when they wonder who's in the Symbiote suit? Eddie Brock right so if them making it like the comics will just turn people away from it is just plain stupid.

That's considering the fact the people watching are already familiar with Venom as Eddie Brock. What about the numerous people interested in the show that are familiar with Venom's appearance, but not the guy under symbiote? It wouldn't matter to them. What about the numerous people that understand and embrace change (like me)? It wouldn't matter to them, either.

Even if they decided to keep Brock, the origin would still have to different from the comic book.

When people think Venom, they think ALIEN symbiote + Eddie Brock = Venom. Changing everything up is just going to turn people off.

Not everyone knows Eddie Brock is Venom, ESPECIALLY the younger audience that the show is targeting. Children of this generation (5-11) don't have a clue as to who Eddie Brock is, and his character is way before their time. Like I said, no big deal.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#58  Edited By PunyParker

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2008/08/19/interview-greg-weisman-on-the-spectacular-spider-man-animated-series/

http://spectacularwebspodcast.podomatic.com/entry/eg/2010-07-09T12_16_18-07_00

These are 2 interviews of GW(Greg Weisman) producer of "Spectacular Spider-Man"...there are after the show canceled.....

He tells that he wanted to do 5-6 seasons on TV (till Pete finishes school) and then release DVDs Pegi 13 about Pete's college life.....imagine what he could had done with the show.....also said tat Pete and Ms.Stacy ( :P ) would be together but at college Venom would have killed her, and Peter would have been very close to MJ....you know...!!

The show would have been a masterpeace......BUT......

Interviewer : "What can we expect for the future of the series?"

GW answer: " It’s not up to me, but I’d love to do this character for 20 years. I’d love to take him through his high school years and his college years, I think he’s a fascinating character."

Imagine what we lost.......

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PunyParker said:

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2008/08/19/interview-greg-weisman-on-the-spectacular-spider-man-animated-series/

http://spectacularwebspodcast.podomatic.com/entry/eg/2010-07-09T12_16_18-07_00

These are 2 interviews of GW(Greg Weisman) producer of "Spectacular Spider-Man"...there are after the show canceled.....

He tells that he wanted to do 5-6 seasons on TV (till Pete finishes school) and then release DVDs Pegi 13 about Pete's college life.....imagine what he could had done with the show.....also said tat Pete and Ms.Stacy ( :P ) would be together but at college Venom would have killed her, and Peter would have been very close to MJ....you know...!!

The show would have been a masterpeace......BUT......

Interviewer : "What can we expect for the future of the series?"

GW answer: " It’s not up to me, but I’d love to do this character for 20 years. I’d love to take him through his high school years and his college years, I think he’s a fascinating character."

Imagine what we lost.......

Its so beautiful T_T

Damn you, Bendis >:(

SuperStarKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SuperStarKirby

Mm... Spectacular Spider-Man is by and far the better show.

But that's a personal bias - Ultimate Spider-Man is definitely made for a younger age group. Spectacular Spider-Man (despite the less mature art-style) had continuous plot-threads, often introducing villains far before they became... well, villains. It also had nice little nods (in one episode, Spidey saves a hot chick and a geek from danger by webbing them together - later, in the Valentine's Day episode, they became engaged). Furthermore, Spectacular had far better delivery of lines (there's a reason Keaton's voiced Spider-Man many times afterwards, including in MvC3, Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time). The quips also just fit with Spidey's nature - Utimate overdoes it all the time - fourth-wall breaking is not a Spider-Man trait, for example.

And bonus - the symbiote didn't out and start controlling Spidey - slowly, the costume changed, took over him at night, his thoughts started changing from "we" to "I" (Ultimate Spidey's Venom says "I" - what's up with that), etc. The animation is also way more fluid, if you will (watch Lizard vs Spidey for an example of that).

Then is the fact that Ultimate focuses too hard on the team aspect, and not enough as Spider-Man as a solo character - but that's a lesser quibble. At any rate, Spectacular Spider-Man also had brilliant touches to it, from the tryouts for a Shakespearean play signposting the scenes to the brilliant fight between Spidey and Tombstone with opera music covering it. It also chose to trick us multiple times as to the true identity of the Green Goblin instead of making it obvious. It was some of the best parts of the Ultimate comic books, and 616 comic books, and part all its own. Furthermore, it actually had a more realistic description of high school than Ultimate does ("locker knocker time"? Really?) - Flash gets average grades (need them to be on a football team these days) and his bullying doesn't come from the 80s (I actually have no idea at what time period people were stuffed in lockers or given swirlies).

Finally, Spectacular makes you care about the supporting cast, and really care. I could honestly care less about the supporting cast in Ultimate - they never seem to mean anything special, and because of the overall silly nature of the show, you can't take any of the serious struggle parts... well, seriously. It was touching when Sandman "sacrificed" himself to save the cruise ship, it was nice to watch Peter and Gwen's relationship develop, to see Harry's more manipulative side develop (and it actually touched on drug abuse with that - something Ultimate is unlikely to do), to see Flash develop feelings for a girl, and how he grows with that (and bullies Peter less and less).

As an added bonus, we actually get adult jokes in Spectacular - particularly in Black Cat's first appearance "You'd better not get your goop in my hair!" and "Don't worry, I don't slip." I dunno. Spectacular was definitely the more mature show. Reading the plans for the future only make me sad for what we could have gotten, but now cannot. Ah, well.

Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Montaq

SSM is far superior to USM in every way possible.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jeanroygrant

Spectacular Spider-Man.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By laflux

Bump.

Eighteen episodes should give plenty feats

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By YoungJustice

Spectacular

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By laflux

@YoungJustice: why

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By YoungJustice

@laflux: More feats, better feats.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Montaq said:

SSM is far superior to USM in every way possible.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By laflux

@YoungJustice: like what- give me a feat and i will try to counter it.

@venomoushatred1001:

don't let the idea of which is a better TV show cloud your judgement.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By JonSmith

I'm going to say Spectacular Spider-Man.

And I'll admit: I've only watched the abominable garbage of one episode of Ultimate.

So I have no idea what he's capable of.

And I don't care.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By laflux

@JonSmith said:

I'm going to say Spectacular Spider-Man.

And I'll admit: I've only watched the abominable garbage of one episode of Ultimate.

So I have no idea what he's capable of.

And I don't care.

i think this kinda of typifies this battle thread. People disregard the impressive feats of ultimate spider-man simply because of the fact that it is inferior to spectacular spider-man. Its like doing an Edward Cullen thread- kinda of.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By JonSmith

@laflux:To be fair, can you really expect anyone to know the feats of the character if the show said character is portrayed in is so bad it's torture to watch?

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SpideyPresence

@JonSmith said:

@laflux:To be fair, can you really expect anyone to know the feats of the character if the show said character is portrayed in is so bad it's torture to watch?

Lmao this.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: I'd rather stick my d!ck in a coffee grinder than try and find feats in that crappy show.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@laflux: I'd rather stick my d!ck in a coffee grinder than try and find feats in that crappy show.

Wow. I dont hate it that much. lol

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Guardiandevil83: I do.

PavtrPrabhaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By PavtrPrabhaker

So joined right after I read this thread. All in all spectacular was a superior show and hero. As a show it put focus on the title character that ultimate spiderman failed to produce. Ultimate spiderman as a show is more focused on a team element which isn't necessarily bad but it is falsely advertised as a spiderman show. Not a junior avengers show. As for the spectacular feats competition you seem to have going here. Ultimate spiderman fails to face challenges on his own. Relying solely on his new team that be claims to dislike. Peter's portrayal in this show is little more than a class clown. She. It shows him acting in a manner that befits a fool. Not a science geek. A complaint was shown earlier that spectacular spiderman focused too much on action. This is incorrect. Ultimate spiderman focuses more on action than spectacular ever did. All in all ultimate Spiderman is a failed show. Filled with errors from Peter's idiocy to a cast of poorly devolped understudies that peter is supposed to be teaching but end up saving him more often than not. Spectacular spiderman, however perfectly portrays the evolution of these characters. peter maturing. Harry's corruption. Gwen's coming out of her shell. Flash learning not to act like he does, hell even Mary Jane learning that she doesn't have to constantly jump from guy to guy. Ultimate spiderman fails all around.

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By tahmidk

spectacular would win, the soiderman from the ultimate cartoon has shown to have intelligence on the same level as a dead donkey and would be too busy doing unfunny fourth wall jokes and being a whiney retard

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By BlackWind

After recently watching the latest 1 hour Ultimate Spider Man episode, it is official that there is no hope for this show. The sad thing is, if they had been serious,, this could have been a great episode.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#79  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

bwahahaah who would pick that garbage Ultimate spidey over spectacular Spiderman?

Mirabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Mirabel

I'm watching ultimate spiderman right now. And yeah ultimate spidey is dumber than a sack of hammers.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BlackWind

@MadeinBangladesh said:

bwahahaah who would pick that garbage Ultimate spidey over spectacular Spiderman?

Someone who is very easily entertained.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By laflux

Bump

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By beautifulrevery

Ultimate Spider Man wasn't too too bad. Sure Spectacular was better and the 1994 series stomps all 3 but Ultimate wasn't the garbage you all made it out to be. In any event Ultimate had decent feats and tends to use his brains plus he could very well call in back up. In any event Spectacular takes it. If it was a free for all 1994 Spidey would stomp

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By laflux

@beautifulrevery said:

Ultimate Spider Man wasn't too too bad. Sure Spectacular was better and the 1994 series stomps all 3 but Ultimate wasn't the garbage you all made it out to be. In any event Ultimate had decent feats and tends to use his brains plus he could very well call in back up. In any event Spectacular takes it. If it was a free for all 1994 Spidey would stomp

I think its a fair match up. I'd say that Ultimate Spider-Man is stronger and more durable, but Spectacular Spider-Man is more agile and fast.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By beautifulrevery

@laflux said:

@beautifulrevery said:

I think its a fair match up. I'd say that Ultimate Spider-Man is stronger and more durable, but Spectacular Spider-Man is more agile and fast.

Yea, I tend to put agility and speed above strength and durability when they're close in the strength/durability since if you can't tag them you can't hurt them.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. Ok so its been over a year now and now I am more than certain ultimate would win given his feats. At first I only watched the show because it was spider-man... until it genuinely grew on me. This show does have tollerable character development as shown in the season 2 finale. Biased aside ultimate wins but is not that bad of a show...once you sucked up your darn pride and stop complaining like a child when this is a show for kids on a channel like Disney xd. No offence to spectacular fans.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Veshark

Spectacular wins solely on principle.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By segamarvel

@veshark: don't you think that's a bit bias? True spectacular is a better show but this thread shouldn't be filled with so much hate. Like I said in a non biased battle ultimate is stronger and faster.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: don't you think that's a bit bias? True spectacular is a better show but this thread shouldn't be filled with so much hate. Like I said in a non biased battle ultimate is stronger and faster.

Of course it's completely bias, I'm just being tongue-in-cheek ;)

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: ah I getcha now. Bias ignored ultimate is strong enough to throw sabertooth into a bus hard enough to knock it over and skid a few dozen meters. That in itself is impressive for a teen spider-man.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I want to say Spectacular just because it is so much better :D

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. Ok so its been over a year now and now I am more than certain ultimate would win given his feats. At first I only watched the show because it was spider-man... until it genuinely grew on me. This show does have tollerable character development as shown in the season 2 finale. Biased aside ultimate wins but is not that bad of a show...once you sucked up your darn pride and stop complaining like a child when this is a show for kids on a channel like Disney xd. No offence to spectacular fans.

This. Of Course Spectacular Spider-Man is the better show, but I think that some the hate towards to Ultimate Spider-Man is misplaced. And Spider-Man has the better feats. In fact his whole team, when not jobbing are pretty impressive

Nova- Blasts hot enough to turn sand into glass, Stopped a Hellicarrier from falling out of the sky, stopped a beam capable of destroying the Earth.

Luke Cage- Unaffected by Boiling Lava, his only fear was drowning in it, Hundred Tonner (stalemated Rhino in fight, who in show is a hundred tonner). Bullet and RPG proof.

Spider-Man- Of modern depicitions of Spider-Man in an animated show, has feats which are the closest to his Comicbook counterparts. Easily tosses and catches cars and Helicopters around, has blows powerful enough to send guys flying with such force they hurdle 50ft plus into a School bus (which flips on impact), Shrugs off massive impacts (such as falling through multiple floors of a skyscraper). Various Shield Tech.

Iron Fist- Can Punch through an entire Hellicarrier, splits a truck clean in half with a single punch, good H2H skills

White Tiger- Agility and Speed not to far off Peter, H2H close to Iron Fist's level (Cartoon version), Electric claws that can cut through anything.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: thank you. Glad to know their are some people who aren't haters can debate right.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I honestly find watching Ultimate Spider-Man painful, so I'm not familiar with his feats. Has he done anything impressive?

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Ultimate Spider-Man wins. He's waaaaaay stronger and more versatile. Let me know when Spectacular Spidey can lift a train.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: totally agree

also, FIRST POST!!!!!!!!!, did not know it was here, i was just looking through the battles threads and i saw this. :-)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Spiderman is as bad as Teen Titans GO!