• 11 results
#1 Edited by laflux (14159 posts) - - Show Bio

VS

Battle takes place in New York at times square.

standard prep. ultimate spider-man can use none of the prep given to him by fury. Standard web-shooters only.

Battle to incapacitation. Morals on.

#2 Edited by laflux (14159 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually going for ultimate spider-man. His webbing seems stronger, although he seems slightly slower. However i think he's alot stronger than spec spider-man judging by feats so far. I still prefer the spectacular spider-man TV show more though.

#3 Posted by Killemall (18260 posts) - - Show Bio

A complete series vs a series that has only had what 3 episodes till date?

Spectacular Spiderman has a lot more feats simply because it has a lot more episodes.

I personally think as the time goes on Ultimate Spiderman will have better feats than Spectacular Spiderman, but not yet

Also ultimate spiderman seems a little too childish for my taste.

#4 Posted by The Stegman (23082 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectacular wins...He also has/had a far superior show. 

#5 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectacular CURBSTOMPS!

#6 Edited by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Yeah I watched a few ep's but I couldn't see past the childishness of it. Not to mention they've completely screwed up Spidey's sense of humor.

I'm going to watch ep 6 though because Taskmaster is in it!!!!!! My all time favorite character is getting animated!!!!! Yay!!!!!

#7 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spidey is awesome. Better than Spectacular Spidey by far...

#8 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Killemall said:

Yeah I watched a few ep's but I couldn't see past the childishness of it. Not to mention they've completely screwed up Spidey's sense of humor.

I'm going to watch ep 6 though because Taskmaster is in it!!!!!! My all time favorite character is getting animated!!!!! Yay!!!!!

Watch them screw up the Taskmaster, like they did Venom. WATCH!!!!

#9 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

#10 Edited by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: @venomoushatred1001 said:

Well he looks pretty bada$$ I just hope they don't screw his character T.T:

Go Tasky!!!!!!

#11 Posted by laflux (14159 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: yep taskmaster is going to be there, but don't you think they may screw him up

@venomoushatred1001: since when has spectacular spider-man gone toe to toe with someone as strong as tundra (he easily stopped on of her punches). She's class 65. And spider-man's webbing restrained her- easily. Spec's spider-man's webbing couldn't even hold ox, let alone rhino. In terms of which show is better, spec spider-man may curb-stomp but not in a fight between the two spider-men.

@Killemall:

Spectacular Spiderman has a lot more feats simply because it has a lot more episodes.

I personally think as the time goes on Ultimate Spiderman will have better feats than Spectacular Spiderman, but not yet

Agreed.

#12 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@venomoushatred1001: since when has spectacular spider-man gone toe to toe with someone as strong as tundra (he easily stopped on of her punches). She's class 65. And spider-man's webbing restrained her- easily. Spec's spider-man's webbing couldn't even hold ox, let alone rhino. In terms of which show is better, spec spider-man may curb-stomp but not in a fight between the two spider-men.

How do you know Thundra isn't weaker in this show than in the comics?

@Strider92 said:

@laflux: @venomoushatred1001 said:

Well he looks pretty bada$$ I just hope they don't screw his character T.T:

Go Tasky!!!!!!

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they won't rape Taskmaster. But one things for sure, THEY RAPED THE HELL OUT OF VENOM.

http://marvel.com/news/story/18475/ultimate_spider-man_episode_4_preview?utm_campaign=rss_feeds&utm_source=headline_news&utm_medium=rss&utm_content=story-18475&

Check it out.

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32728 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Static Shock said:

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Far to early to tell, but Spectacular stomps.

@Static Shock said:

#15 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: I can't see the video.

@Deranged Midget: Sorry. I had to say it.

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: Take it back...

#17 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I can't.

#18 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@Deranged Midget: I can't.

Why not? How exactly is Ultimate anywhere near Spectacular in quality? Have you seen what they've done to Venom and Doc Ock? Its heinous!

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: You must... The Vine depends on it.

#20 Posted by TuMadreesPuta (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate will be stronger, simply because Fury and SHIELD, but at this point in time Spec does with him what SS4 Gogeta would do to Master Roshi.

#21 Posted by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: Yeah they completely screwed over his origin although he doesn't look completely awful:

#22 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@venomoushatred1001: Yeah they completely screwed over his origin although he doesn't look completely awful:

They screwed up his origin BIG TIME!

See thats another problem. In some appearances he looks badass like in that picture. But in others he looks like... well this:

Also Eddie isn't Venom, in fact, no one is. The symbiote apparently forms its own body.

#23 Posted by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: From what i've understood he's going to look crap for a few episodes as Venom will be looking for randoms hosts (heck I think they said Iron Fist will be one) then he'll get his own body (like in the picture I posted) and look better. Still doesn't make up for the fact they've left out Brock and given Venom a crappy origin..........

#24 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@venomoushatred1001: From what i've understood he's going to look crap for a few episodes as Venom will be looking for randoms hosts (heck I think they said Iron Fist will be one) then he'll get his own body (like in the picture I posted) and look better. Still doesn't make up for the fact they've left out Brock and given Venom a crappy origin..........

Agreed.

#25 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectacular Spider-Man.

#26 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not? How exactly is Ultimate anywhere near Spectacular in quality? Have you seen what they've done to Venom and Doc Ock? Its heinous!

For one thing, the animation, special effects, and character models in Ultimate are better. Plus, I like the fact that it's more than just action, and it's really the only Spider-Man cartoon that gets viewers in touch with his sense of humor. I don't recall Spectacular doing the same thing. Plus, the supporting cast (Iron Fist, White Tiger, Luke Cage, and Nova) owns, and it's not everyday that you see those characters (or some of the villains) in a Marvel cartoon.

@Deranged Midget said:

@Static Shock: You must... The Vine depends on it.

Hahaha. That's funny.

#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: While I agree that it's nice to have a bigger supporting cast and the humour is quite enjoyable, I preferred the animation for Spectacular Spider-man better. It fit the tone of the show better, it was unique, and it was playful. Ultimate's is top notch but I think it's simply preference.

Drake Bell does a pretty good job capturing the humour of Spider-man( surprisingly) and there were several moments where the show made me chuckle. Considering I was massively against this show, it proved to be an entirely different animal than Spectacular Spider-man. It lacks the seriousness but replaces it with humour and flat-out fun.

#28 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with @Static Shock on this one. Ultimate Spider-Man looks like it will be better than Spectacular Spider-Man to me. It has a better cast, Drake Bell is a very good voice for Spidey, the new Teen Avengers thing looks BA, and it's funny.

Why are people saying it messed up Venom though? It wasn't too far from the Ultimate comics origin. the symbiote there was supposed to be a cure for cancer created by Richard Parker and Eddie Brock Sr., and it was made from Richard's blood. Plus, the original symbi costume got destroyed by Spider-Man, and Eddie didn't get the second part of the symbi for a while.

In a battle between Spec SPidey, and Ulti Spidey, I'd say Ulti Spidey would win, since he's got more experience (Ultimate's 1 year as Spidey, to Spec's summer as Spidey), his webbing is stronger, and he's not as distracted.

#29 Edited by PunyParker (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi i m a new member and a great Spiderman fan.....and really dissapointed of Ultimate SM series...(after SSM of course witch was ....Spectacular! :P) As venomoushatred1001 said they destroyed the whole Venom idea in one episode....they cant even get the voiceactor right...(WE WANT JOSH KEATON) ...Just see this episode 9 discription fron Ultimate..."Due to a clash with Mesmero, Wolverine and Spider-Man end up switching bodies" SWITCING BODIES???? I mean COME ON!!!???

And really some of you (if i understood right) are saying that USM is funny and Spidey is producing "humor" more than spectacular series.....you kidding me?

At Ultimate SOME of the jokes are good but mostly are BAD, and childish!

THIS jokes are GOOD ....please get the diffrence....

With love PunyParker( i know its retarded but i like it ... :)

#30 Posted by Killemall (18260 posts) - - Show Bio

Well in terms of a fight Ultimate Spiderman would win, as i said earlier he just need more episodes. We have already seen a spideybike, we have seen electronic webbing thats stronger and well has electricity.

As a shows Spectacular Spiderman by a absolute mile.

#31 Posted by PunyParker (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Yeah, fighting-animation-visuals are all great at USM.....but it doesnt have the spark SSM had.....the whole combination of Spectacular was success....voice actors-story/plot-artstyle.....

#32 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

^^ this

#33 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@Static Shock said:

^^ this

None of them can beat the Animated Series from the 90's.

#34 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3864 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

@Static Shock said:

^^ this

None of them can beat the Animated Series from the 90's.

Of course not

#35 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

Hi i m a new member and a great Spiderman fan.....and really dissapointed of Ultimate SM series...(after SSM of course witch was ....Spectacular! :P) As venomoushatred1001 said they destroyed the whole Venom idea in one episode....they cant even get the voiceactor right...(WE WANT JOSH KEATON) ...Just see this episode 9 discription fron Ultimate..."Due to a clash with Mesmero, Wolverine and Spider-Man end up switching bodies" SWITCING BODIES???? I mean COME ON!!!???

And really some of you (if i understood right) are saying that USM is funny and Spidey is producing "humor" more than spectacular series.....you kidding me?

At Ultimate SOME of the jokes are good but mostly are BAD, and childish!

THIS jokes are GOOD ....please get the diffrence....

With love PunyParker( i know its retarded but i like it ... :)

FINALLY, SOMEONE GETS IT!!!! You sir have just earned yourself a follow :)

#36 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

^^ this

#37 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

^^ this

sorry but I hated EVERYTHING about the SSM. I mean I watched it while it was on the CW and all but I couldnt stand it. Maybe its bc i didnt ike the concept of it. Anyway neither of them can hold a candle to 90's Spidey or Spidey and his amazing friends(IMO)

#38 Edited by PunyParker (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: @Static Shock said:

Ultimate Spidey is awesome. Better than Spectacular Spidey by far...,.............

Thanks......glad to find someone who totally agrees with the RIGHT opinion.... :)

#39 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

^^ this

sorry but I hated EVERYTHING about the SSM. I mean I watched it while it was on the CW and all but I couldnt stand it. Maybe its bc i didnt ike the concept of it. Anyway neither of them can hold a candle to 90's Spidey or Spidey and his amazing friends(IMO)

90's Spider-man and Amzing friends better than Spectacular?!?!??

#40 Edited by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Ultimate will have better feats in time given the impressive things he has already shown he can do. He has shown himself to already be a little stronger than Spectacular and he has some slight advantages like improved web shooters. Anyway, its too early to decide but Spectacular has more fighting experience so it'd be close.

As for who is funnier.... I would say Ultimate but the humor wears off a bit I thought it was a bit funnier at first but sometimes it just doesn't feel like Spider-Man. Like even in the trailer when I heard him chuckling because he made a rhyme in a fight with Doom was funny, Spider-Man sewing his suit was fine, then I saw him playing a banjo in a sombrero THAT'S WHERE I DRAW THE LINE. Not clever enough, to silly too often. Funny...but not quite right. Spectacular limited it a little which made it funnier when something happened like that. Like in the 8th episode of season 2 of Spectacular:

Spidey: *throws cone on Rhino's horn* Oh my god! I actually got the thing on the thing! Wha-what do I win?

Rhino: *turns around* YOU!

Spidey: I win me! That makes no sense.

That was priceless. I liked Spectacular more as a series so far but I haven't seen the most recent USM episode and it has a long way to go so I can't judge from anything other than the first few. I do love how they are including general Marvel Universe characters in the new series like in the 90's cartoon which, btw, was THE BEST Spider-Man show ok?. That I do love.

#41 Edited by redbird3rdboywonder (3864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

^^ this

90's Spider-man and Amzing friends better than Spectacular?!?!??

90's Spidey makes Spectacular look like Aquaman in the old SuperFriends cartoon

#42 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

90's Spidey makes Spectacularllok like Aquaman in the old SuperFriends cartoon

-___- I'm not even going to dignify this with a response.

#43 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3864 posts) - - Show Bio

+1 for Red 0 Venom :)

#44 Posted by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

S-Spider-man is by far a superior show than U-Spider-man. With that being said the SSM has wins as he has far more showings to pull from.

#45 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

+1 for Red 0 Venom :)

#46 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Killemall said:

I haven't been keeping up with the series what did they do to Venom?

#47 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

Nothing beats this version of Spider-Man.

@PunyParker said:

Thanks......glad to find someone who totally agrees with the RIGHT opinion.... :)

There's no such thing as a right opinion, but okay.

#48 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@IIDEADxPOOLII said:

I'll copy in paste what I said in a previous discussion.

Venom in this series, believe it or not, is actually Spidey's blood. Doc Ock got a hold of it and "increased the darkness", creating the "Venom symbiote". Looking for its origin, the "symbiote" arrives at Harry Osborn's party. It bonds with Flash Thompson (which I'll admit is pretty cool) and attacks Peter. It then bonds with Nova, Power Man, Iron Fist, and then finally Spider-Man before they destroy it. Later, Norman Osborn and Doctor Octopus plan to make an improved version of the prototype and it is also revealed a sample survived, which is then found and trapped by Harry in a bottle.

Many things wrong with the episode:

1. NO EDDIE BROCK! Seriously, WTF!!!!

2. The episode was filled plot holes (the "Symbiote" only wanted to bond with Spider-Man, yet bonded with Flash, Nova, Power Man, Iron Fist, THEN Spider-Man).

3. White Tiger did nothing and there was no point in her being in the episode.

4. The symbiote was able to sprout legs and arms without a host and engaged in a fist fight with Spider-Man. Made no sense.

5. Called itself Venom when bonded with Spider-Man. Huh!?!?! Does Symbiote + Spider-Man = Venom????

#49 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: I don't see what the big deal is about Venom's origin in the show. His origin in the comic book of the same name isn't even the same it's original origin, anyway. Besides, they have to make things different in cartoons.

#50 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

@IIDEADxPOOLII said:

I'll copy in paste what I said in a previous discussion.

Venom in this series, believe it or not, is actually Spidey's blood. Doc Ock got a hold of it and "increased the darkness", creating the "Venom symbiote". Looking for its origin, the "symbiote" arrives at Harry Osborn's party. It bonds with Flash Thompson (which I'll admit is pretty cool) and attacks Peter. It then bonds with Nova, Power Man, Iron Fist, and then finally Spider-Man before they destroy it. Later, Norman Osborn and Doctor Octopus plan to make an improved version of the prototype and it is also revealed a sample survived, which is then found and trapped by Harry in a bottle.

Many things wrong with the episode:

1. NO EDDIE BROCK! Seriously, WTF!!!!

2. The episode was filled plot holes (the "Symbiote" only wanted to bond with Spider-Man, yet bonded with Flash, Nova, Power Man, Iron Fist, THEN Spider-Man).

3. White Tiger did nothing and there was no point in her being in the episode.

4. The symbiote was able to sprout legs and arms without a host and engaged in a fist fight with Spider-Man. Made no sense.

5. Called itself Venom when bonded with Spider-Man. Huh!?!?! Does Symbiote + Spider-Man = Venom????