#1 Edited by Shiryu (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys. I wanted to know if Spawn could beat Captain Atom or vice versa. The fight is a random encounter in New York City and both are bloodlusted. By the way, does anyone have Spawn physical strength scans or scans for his elemental control powers?

#2 Posted by comic_book_fan (5715 posts) - - Show Bio

spawn wins.

#3 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn should win easy as a King of Hell.

#4 Posted by Shiryu (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Do you have any scans of him taking down enemies on Captain Atom's level?

#5 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

Hey guys. I wanted to know if Spawn could beat Captain Atom or vice versa. The fight is a random encounter in New York City and both are bloodlusted. By the way, does anyone have Spawn physical strength scans or scans for his elemental control powers?

Also I have the scans, but they are pointless, Spawn can freeze time.

#6 Edited by Shiryu (3703 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Divine spawn wins...otherwise I'm leaning towards cap atom due to his greater physical attributes as well as em...

#8 Edited by King Saturn (224434 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if Spawn wins here... Captain Atom is a Master of Energy Manipulation as well as he can affect time too on some level using his Quantum Powers... so it would be very hard for Spawn to blast Captain Atom down because of Atom's ability to absorb and manipulate energy whether it's purely Cosmic or Magical in nature.

#9 Posted by Shiryu (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

@capall2:

No Divine Spawn here, unless I upgrade Captain Atom to Monarch. It just wouldn't be fair.

#10 Edited by Shiryu (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

Can Spawn handle him in hand to hand combat?

#11 Edited by King Saturn (224434 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

@king_saturn:

If it's simply a slugfest, then I think Captain Atom is superior... Spawn does have a few high end strength feats but I would consider Captain Atom's overall collection of battle feats as superior to Spawn's because Captain Atom has fought more well known characters who are powerful in their own right.

#12 Posted by Shiryu (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

Oh, I see.... would this Spawn be a better match for Green Lantern John Stewart then? (pre-Flashpoint)

#13 Posted by Shiryu (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#14 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

@king_saturn:

If it's simply a slugfest, then I think Captain Atom is superior... Spawn does have a few high end strength feats but I would consider Captain Atom's overall collection of battle feats as superior to Spawn's because Captain Atom has fought more well known characters who are powerful in their own right.

Eh, this can go in Spawns favore as well. As King of Hell he is immune to any damage that is not Holy.

Kind of a instant loss for Cap Atom who was beaten down by Majestic fists.

#15 Posted by King Saturn (224434 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@shiryu said:

@king_saturn:

Eh, this can go in Spawns favore as well. As King of Hell he is immune to any damage that is not Holy.

Kind of a instant loss for Cap Atom who was beaten down by Majestic fists.

Majestic is several magnitudes stronger than Spawn so I don't know what you mean by that last line... it's also possible that Captain Atom could possibly mimic an Energy Attack similar to Holy Attacks by manipulating the frequency on his Energy Blasts... or he could absorb Spawn's own Energy and leave him powerless.

#16 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestic is several magnitudes stronger than Spawn so I don't know what you mean by that last line... it's also possible that Captain Atom could possibly mimic an Energy Attack similar to Holy Attacks by manipulating the frequency on his Energy Blasts... or he could absorb Spawn's own Energy and leave him powerless.

I know Cap Atom is the end all be all DC Energy Manipulator, but has he ever manipulated Magic Energy?

If so, then he has a shot. However like Silver Surfer vs Superman Threads, what are the odds he will figure that weakness out if ever?

I think Hell King Spawn is a hard opponent to beat. Even for Cap Atom.

#17 Edited by King Saturn (224434 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

I know Cap Atom is the end all be all DC Energy Manipulator, but has he ever manipulated Magic Energy?

If so, then he has a shot. However like Silver Surfer vs Superman Threads, what are the odds he will figure that weakness out if ever?

I think Hell King Spawn is a hard opponent to beat. Even for Cap Atom.

The Quantum Field has no boundaries to what type of Energy it can Manipulate...

Captain Atom has fought several types of fighters who can manipulating all kinds of different energy and power... it probably would not take him long to adjust strategy if he see's his own default energy is not working on Spawn to possibly drain Spawn's energy source to weaken him down.

#18 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: I do not see Energy Drain working.

Remember Spawn power is Reality Warping. Thats not just energy, it is a auto win f Spawn wish to merely depower Cap Ataom with no Super Powers.

Also his energy is infinite as Hell King. Where he had a major limit on powers before, he simply had none after as the King of the 8th Level of Hell.

Meanwhile Spawn could rip up Cap before the battle is out. Also Spawn is a super powerful Telepath and Empath. I never heard Cap Atom resisting mental control. In fact I thought Gorilla Grodd mind dominated him once back in the day.

#19 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Has Gorrila Grodd mental dominated Cap Atom?

#20 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8473 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL SPAWN WINS THIS

#21 Posted by King Saturn (224434 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: I do not see Energy Drain working.

Remember Spawn power is Reality Warping. Thats not just energy, it is a auto win f Spawn wish to merely depower Cap Ataom with no Super Powers.

Also his energy is infinite as Hell King. Where he had a major limit on powers before, he simply had none after as the King of the 8th Level of Hell.

Meanwhile Spawn could rip up Cap before the battle is out. Also Spawn is a super powerful Telepath and Empath. I never heard Cap Atom resisting mental control. In fact I thought Gorilla Grodd mind dominated him once back in the day.

Spawn is a Low Level Reality Warper though and if Spawn is drained of his Energy who is to say he could do any type of Magic Talent like Reality Warping at that point anyways ? What evidence is there that Spawn could depower a Superhuman DC Character ?

Well I think this is assumed... it's highly possible Spawn's energy is not infinite and just great in magnitude as the Hell King meaning he can be drained and weakened severely... and considering there are no Energy Manipulators like Captain Atom in Spawn Universe of Image... I think its highly possible Captain Atom could use Energy Absorption as a weapon and it works.

What do you mean Spawn is a super powerful telepath ? What has Spawn showed he could do with his telepathy to show he would be such a mental threat to Captain Atom ? Gorilla Grodd is one of the Best Telepaths in DC Universe...

#22 Edited by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn. Captain Atom went down in the battle against DC Hell during Underworld Unleashed.

#23 Posted by King Saturn (224434 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn. Captain Atom went down in the battle against DC Hell during Underworld Unleashed.

Neron aka DC Hell's Leader gave The Spectre trouble before in the past... so not all Hell's are equal in power and strength.

#24 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: There is no low level reality warping about it, as Hell King and Divine he is planetary level. Only limited vs other beings of equal power. Like Urizen, Satan, God,, Seraphim, other Hell Kings. As for Depower Cap Atom, why not? Spawn Depowered twice Urizen as a non Hell King, and then as non Hell King he permanatly scared the closet being to Satan who created the 9 worlds of Hell.

In a way Mammon whos Reality Warping necro power could not healed the Scar Spawn left as a mere non Hell King is proof enough to me.Mammon is second to Satan in power.

Well... I think Cap Atom finding a way to depower or even find a way to beat Spawn with Holy Magic is more unlikely.

Well, Spawn has TP the entire Planet with his Empath Ability when he merged with the Green World. Then added to that he has Mental people from time to time. I have 4 examples of his Empathy/Telepathy being used as a weapon.

My point is what feats Cap Atom has resisting any telepath?

Heck Spawn still has Time Freeze with the snap of his fingers.

What feats does Cap has that as solid evidence?

What Keeps Spawn instant winning by ripping out of Cap Atoms insides and rip his Suit?

Spawn can do this as well and being immortal to any attack non Holy.

#25 Edited by King Saturn (224434 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: There is no low level reality warping about it, as Hell King and Divine he is planetary level. Only limited vs other beings of equal power. Like Urizen, Satan, God,, Seraphim, other Hell Kings. As for Depower Cap Atom, why not? Spawn Depowered twice Urizen as a non Hell King, and then as non Hell King he permanatly scared the closet being to Satan who created the 9 worlds of Hell.

In a way Mammon whos Reality Warping necro power could not healed the Scar Spawn left as a mere non Hell King is proof enough to me.Mammon is second to Satan in power.

Well... I think Cap Atom finding a way to depower or even find a way to beat Spawn with Holy Magic is more unlikely.

Well, Spawn has TP the entire Planet with his Empath Ability when he merged with the Green World. Then added to that he has Mental people from time to time. I have 4 examples of his Empathy/Telepathy being used as a weapon.

My point is what feats Cap Atom has resisting any telepath?

Heck Spawn still has Time Freeze with the snap of his fingers.

What feats does Cap has that as solid evidence?

What Keeps Spawn instant winning by ripping out of Cap Atoms insides and rip his Suit?

Spawn can do this as well and being immortal to any attack non Holy.

You posted a bunch of stuff but where is the so called Planetary Reality Warping you was talking about ? I just see a bunch of scans with nothing to do with what we was talking about earlier.

Where is Spawn taking away Urizen's power ?

Where is Spawn actually Mind Controlling an entire planet ?

Where is Spawn's strength feat to show he could actually rip Captain Atom's suit ?

You claim big stuff here and post a lot of irrelevant scans... now where is the real stuff that is aligned with our discussion ?

Also, what's stopping Captain Atom from going into the Astral Plane and attacking Spawn from there with different frequencies of Energy ? I mean it's not like we have evidence of Spawn being able to go there do we ?

#26 Posted by GhostRider2 (3377 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: astral plane won't work because Spawn is like GR, he can't die, though i question his immortality i don't think he is like GR but he won't get killed in astral plane, i didn't read all spawn comics...

#27 Edited by King Saturn (224434 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: astral plane won't work because Spawn is like GR, he can't die, though i question his immortality i don't think he is like GR but he won't get killed in astral plane, i didn't read all spawn comics...

Who says he has to kill Spawn to stop him ? Why can't Captain Atom drain Spawn's Energy Source from the Astral Plane and possibly use it against him ?

#28 Posted by GhostRider2 (3377 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: well he can do that maybe but i don't think Spawn would let him go astral plane and Atom won't go straight astral plane.And i'm not sure if Spawn can be fully drained.

#29 Posted by King Saturn (224434 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: well he can do that maybe but i don't think Spawn would let him go astral plane and Atom won't go straight astral plane.And i'm not sure if Spawn can be fully drained.

And how would Spawn stop him from going to the Astral Plane ? I mean Captain Atom can manipulate time too using the Quantum Field... heck, Captain Atom made an entire universe using the Quantum Field before... so I don't think Spawn would be so easily paced to stop Captain Atom from going there.

#30 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: If what your stating is true then mere Planet Busters like Majestic should not have owned Cap atom as bas as he did. Hell Super Man beaten Cap Atom and he loses hands down to "Magic Energy"

I think Cap Atom is proven to be inept in his use of powers. He has the potential, but unlike Spawn who does not lose, Cap Atom does, alot.

In fact is Cap Atom is so awesome, then how did Swamp Thing (Magic Being) OWNED him so bad?

Seriously that is mere Nature Magic (Which Spawn Has) and Cap could not Drain, Astral Plane Attacks, or nothing!

Spawn is a Magic Reality Warper with as shown infinite Necro energy as Hell King.

Spawn has this.

I mean this guy has all this power why not drain Superman, Majestic, ect? I do not think he is that good of a Energy user in character.

Spawn uses and abuses his powers for wins.

Overall Cap Atom has proven to be inept and would lose to Hell King Spawn case on performance and nothing else.

#31 Posted by King Saturn (224434 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: If what your stating is true then mere Planet Busters like Majestic should not have owned Cap atom as bas as he did. Hell Super Man beaten Cap Atom and he loses hands down to "Magic Energy"

I think Cap Atom is proven to be inept in his use of powers. He has the potential, but unlike Spawn who does not lose, Cap Atom does, alot.

In fact is Cap Atom is so awesome, then how did Swamp Thing (Magic Being) OWNED him so bad?

Seriously that is mere Nature Magic (Which Spawn Has) and Cap could not Drain, Astral Plane Attacks, or nothing!

Spawn is a Magic Reality Warper with as shown infinite Necro energy as Hell King.

Spawn has this.

I mean this guy has all this power why not drain Superman, Majestic, ect? I do not think he is that good of a Energy user in character.

Spawn uses and abuses his powers for wins.

Overall Cap Atom has proven to be inept and would lose to Hell King Spawn case on performance and nothing else.

You are using very weird logic here... you assume that because Captain Atom did not use the powers here it must not be part of his natural skill set. But these feats only show that at times Captain Atom can come up short like many other DC Characters when the writers downplay their skills. You have to understand that Spawn is a character who leads his own Comic and is head honcho of his Universe ( Image )... so obviously the writers won't show Spawn having low showings like they would a Captain Atom who is not even considered really a top 10 notable DC Character.

I mean by your logic, then I guess we can just claim Darkseid is a weak azz jobber too huh since he has a lot of low feats. How about Pre Crisis Superman ? Forget he could move planets like Beach Balls... this guy was hurt by Lightning. Low end feats does not mean that the character is at that level of power. Also again consider the fact that Majestic is Physically Superior to Spawn anyways....

If this was an all out battle, Captain Atom would have no problem using the Quantum Field or accessing the Astral Plane to attack Spawn... showing low end feats means nothing. I mean I guess if this was Spawn vs Majestic, you would be showing us how Superman Blue knocked him on his butt then right ?

#32 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (25520 posts) - - Show Bio

Way to take a scan out of context,Superman never beat Atom in that scan..

#33 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Good to know. Did Cap Atom beat Superman? Ever? I only seen this in another thread where it was stated Supes beaten Cap Atom before.

@king_saturn said:

You are using very weird logic here... you assume that because Captain Atom did not use the powers here it must not be part of his natural skill set. But these feats only show that at times Captain Atom can come up short like many other DC Characters when the writers downplay their skills. You have to understand that Spawn is a character who leads his own Comic and is head honcho of his Universe ( Image )... so obviously the writers won't show Spawn having low showings like they would a Captain Atom who is not even considered really a top 10 notable DC Character.

I mean by your logic, then I guess we can just claim Darkseid is a weak azz jobber too huh since he has a lot of low feats. How about Pre Crisis Superman ? Forget he could move planets like Beach Balls... this guy was hurt by Lightning. Low end feats does not mean that the character is at that level of power. Also again consider the fact that Majestic is Physically Superior to Spawn anyways....

If this was an all out battle, Captain Atom would have no problem using the Quantum Field or accessing the Astral Plane to attack Spawn... showing low end feats means nothing. I mean I guess if this was Spawn vs Majestic, you would be showing us how Superman Blue knocked him on his butt then right ?

True enough.

Darkseid is weak when compared to Thanos feats. Heck the only real thing he has ging for him is Omega Beams. Spawns power set and shown battles of using them edge the win to me.

In a All out Battle Spawn could simply turn Cap Atom into a fly with no powers. He has Reality Warping Magic.

As seen. It has no limits but his Imagination. All out he should always win.

#34 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn.

#35 Edited by King Saturn (224434 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Good to know. Did Cap Atom beat Superman? Ever? I only seen this in another thread where it was stated Supes beaten Cap Atom before.

@king_saturn said:

True enough.

Darkseid is weak when compared to Thanos feats. Heck the only real thing he has ging for him is Omega Beams. Spawns power set and shown battles of using them edge the win to me.

In a All out Battle Spawn could simply turn Cap Atom into a fly with no powers. He has Reality Warping Magic.

As seen. It has no limits but his Imagination. All out he should always win.

I think the problem here is the assertion that you believe just because Spawn has Reality Warping he can Warp anything he pleases. The problem here is that based on overall comic book understanding this is not the case... what I mean is to say this is like to say that Kubik because he has the ability to Warp Reality and Manipulate Matter as he chooses he could Manipulate Galactus on a Molecular Level or Thanos on a Molecular Level... but you see just because he has the ability to utilize Reality Warping does not mean he can warp anything at will. The same can be applied to Spawn, yes Spawn can Warp Reality but when you consider the beings he warped in comparison to Captain Atom I don't think it seems fair... I mean how many of those characters that Spawn has faced as the King of Hell could easily make his own Universe like Captain Atom did using the Quantum Field ? You see scale of power is very important here for both characters.

#36 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25520 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Superman has never beat Captain Atom or the other way around for that matter alot of people get Superman beating Atom from the non canon JLU show,which has no barring on Atom or Superman in the comics.

#37 Posted by MonsterStomp (19225 posts) - - Show Bio

astral plane won't work because Spawn is like GR, he can't die, though i question his immortality i don't think he is like GR but he won't get killed in astral plane, i didn't read all spawn comics...

Pretty sure Captain Atom has re-configured himself at an atomic level, however it took some time. Captain Atom is pretty much immortal too.

#38 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

We will agree to disagree.

Magic Reality Warping trumps Science Reailty Warping IMO.

Also for the record, Spawn power allowed him to start destroying the Omiverse of Image.

That was Omega Spawn who is lower than God Spawn. That is his power.

From Image United.

So Cap Atom makes a universe. Current Spawn Simmons destroys Omniverse.

Checkmate.

Oh and see the counter? That mean INFINITE ENERGY!

Double Checkmate.