Spartans(Halo) Vs The Sisters Of Battle(40k)

• 66 results
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

Spartans (Squad of 6):

Vs

Sisters Of Battle (Squad of 5):

• Morals On
  • Standard Gear
  • No Prep
  • Win by Death, Ko or Incap

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ChaosMarvel

Only in 40k could you find a regiment of only women badass enough to beat Spartans! :p Sisters ftw!

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Ooooo this is pretty awesome. Can someone refresh my memory, do the Sisters of Battle go through the whole Gene seed ordeal or are they just regular humans in power armor?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@texasdeathmatch said:

Ooooo this is pretty awesome. Can someone refresh my memory, do the Sisters of Battle go through the whole Gene seed ordeal or are they just regular humans in power armor?

No they do not. They are trained from birth and are considered to be peak human (1 sister can take out multiple men in h2h). They are then encased in power armor which enhances their strength to around the 2 ton level and increases their speed and durability.

They do not undergo the Astrate's procedure as it can only be performed on the Y chromosome (or some crap like that I don't remember exactly).

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sethlol

The Space Nuns take this easily.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Strider92: Sounds a little sexist to me... :P
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@texasdeathmatch: If it makes it any better Space Marines do not have the desire or the ability to produce offspring after the procedure. So it ain't all fun an games for the SM's. I remember reading a book were a female inquisitor was overseeing the creation of an Astrates and commented that it was a waste of good human genes that could have been past on.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nick_hero22

@Strider92 said:

@texasdeathmatch: If it makes it any better Space Marines do not have the desire or the ability to produce offspring after the procedure. So it ain't all fun an games for the SM's. I remember reading a book were a female inquisitor was overseeing the creation of an Astrates and commented that it was a waste of good human genes that could have been past on.

So Vasectomy?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strider1992

@nick_hero22: Not exactly. The procedure is designed to make SM's perfect killing machines forgoing anything that isn't necessary so everything in them that is receives all of the energy from their body. Due to the fact Space Marine's can be reproduced via the gene-seed recovered from a dead marine if he dies in battle, the act of reproducing normally is seen as unnecessary thus it is simply pushed to one side by the new implants effectively rendering them sterile. Another reason is the Imperium cannot afford to have soldiers who can simulate emotion so anything like fear, happiness, lust etc.... are removed from them via gene therapy. That just leaves an emotionless killing machine that is 100% focused on destroying the enemies of the Emperor and nothing else. The reason that Space Marines are so formidable is mainly because of the fact they are emotionless. Hence the quote from the Emperor "They shall know no fear." Fighting something that will never retreat or even fear you no matter how strong you are or how outnumbered they are is a very very discomforting prospect.

So yeah...it ain't fun being a Marine lol.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Damn...40k lore is pretty damn thorough.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Strider1992

@texasdeathmatch: On certain things it is yeah. On others not so much I mean C'tan are supposed to be unbelievably powerful but you can't find jack sh*t to confirm it lol. I've tried looking everywhere for any kind of feat on a full C'tan and it just isn't there.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ShootingNova

@Strider92 said:

Spartans (Squad of 6):

LOL, funny, cause this is currently my background/wallpaper.......

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strider1992

@ShootingNova: Thats one bada$$ desktop you have!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

LOL.

Here is part of it (yeah, from Snipping Tool):

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShootingNova

@Strider92: Can't seem to get it up..... oh well.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MonsterStomp

@ShootingNova: I use to have that wallpaper. Changed it to the new Halo 4 (supposedly) case cover wallpaper :)

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShootingNova

@MonsterStomp: LOL. I don't know what to change my wallpaper to.......

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MonsterStomp

@ShootingNova: I know right. All the Halo wallpapers look great. I tend to change between wallpapers every now and then.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShootingNova

@MonsterStomp: Used to be a habit of mine till I stuck with this one.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strider1992

@ShootingNova: Just finished getting new wallpapers for my desktop! I recommend these!:

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MonsterStomp

@ShootingNova: Halo is a great franchise.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShootingNova

@Strider92: Bada$$ery these days........

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShootingNova

@MonsterStomp said:

My friend is a Halo addict. I guess he knows about it as much as I know about Star Wars or mythology or Tolkien or whatever.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MonsterStomp

@ShootingNova said:

@MonsterStomp said:

My friend is a Halo addict. I guess he knows about it as much as I know about Star Wars or mythology or Tolkien or whatever.

I'd like to consider myself as much an addict as him/her. I just can't seem to get my hands on a few of those dvd's or novels. I still know enough about the Master Chiefs life and the alien civilization.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

@MonsterStomp: Well, me and my friends (at least most of them) are addicts. Two of them know quite a lot on Marvel.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MonsterStomp

@ShootingNova: Darn. I'm the only person out of all my friends that loves Halo. Most of my friends like Marvel though. I'm more of a DC fanatic.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShootingNova

@MonsterStomp: LOL no, I meant me and my friends are usually addicts of something. The only friend that is an addict of Halo was the one I mentioned above. He knows more than all of us combined, LOL, cuz we hardly know anything.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Chaos Prime

Nice encounter there Strider92..

Imo The Sisters take this encounter, nothing against the Spartans but these girls are just too focused when it comes down to doing the job at its best-they have it all, the training, the spirit & the experience handed down to them wot it means to be a sister of battle.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pokergeist
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SoB have the same initial training and recruited from the same schools as the Commissars and Storm Troopers. They are pretty much peak human and carry the same desctructive weapons as Space Marines. They also wear the Power Armour but cannot FULLY utilise it like Space Marines due to the Organ Black Carapace is not implanted in SoB as it is with SMs. Still Formible Armour with a 20% Strentgh Increase. Just no Life Support systems that SMs can use.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pokergeist

@Strider92: IMO SoB lose due to ere Bolters and Combat Blades/Chain Swords as well 5 on 6.

Seriously they are outclass in Speed and Numbers. Armour is near Same. Weapons Near Same. SoB migh fare better with a Melta and a Sister Superior leading them. You forget a SoB greatest Ability and Weapon is Faith.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In the Novels these Acts of Faith (The Emperors own Powers it seems) help SoB win. A Sister Superior is usaully the focuse for these Acts.

Without that the SoB are gimped a bit.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MonsterStomp

@ShootingNova said:

@MonsterStomp: LOL no, I meant me and my friends are usually addicts of something. The only friend that is an addict of Halo was the one I mentioned above. He knows more than all of us combined, LOL, cuz we hardly know anything.

Oh I see.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Deranged Midget

Depends on the Spartans you use. If you go by the picture, you'll be utilizing SPARTAN-III's who are inferior to that of SPARTAN-II's in every fashion, even in regards to their armour. In short, the purpose of SPARTAN-III's was mass production and they were utilized for suicide missions in which no one was expected to survive. Basically, they were canon fodder.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pokergeist

@Deranged Midget: But Spartan 3 was still superhuman yes? The SoB are mere peak Human Females that wear Power Armour. The PA gives them only 20% strength bonus. They dont have the organs or superhuman abilities or near combat Experiance of a Space Marine at all.

They should be massacred with only Bolters and being out numbered.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CadenceV2 said:

@Deranged Midget: But Spartan 3 was still superhuman yes? The SoB are mere peak Human Females that wear Power Armour. The PA gives them only 20% strength bonus. They dont have the organs or superhuman abilities or near combat Experiance of a Space Marine at all.

They should be massacred with only Bolters and being out numbered.

SPARTAN-III's with the armour could be classified as slightly beyond peak human, at best.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pokergeist

@Deranged Midget: Wow. In the Game Halo Reach wanst that a group of Spartan IIIs? 6 was a Spartan III or Spartan II? I know Nobel 6 did crap beyond peak human to me.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CadenceV2: Everyone was a SPARTAN-III except for Jorge. One of the reasons you might believe that he was beyond peak human was perhaps due to game mechanics, such as surviving an orbital drop. SPARTAN-II's who possessed a far stronger muscle structure and near indestructible bones barely survived Orbital Drops similar to that. In their first drop, John suffered brain damage, internal bleeding, and muscle failure.

Although, SPARTAN-III's at the time of Reach were issued MJOLNIR Mark IV armour which John was in possession of just slightly before the Fall of Reach.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CadenceV2: Sorry, my mistake, let me re-iterate. ONLY the members of Noble team were issued MJOLNIR Mark IV armour as they were the "best of the best" regarding SPARTAN-III's.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pokergeist

@Deranged Midget: All alright. Huh. I still think the SOB are outgun but the Power Armour really is a plus for them then.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CadenceV2: From what I've read regarding the 40k universe, their weaponry is far superior to that of Halo's (when referring to standard UNSC tech).

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pokergeist

@Deranged Midget:

No Caption Provided

Boltgun simply has Auto Fire and 20-30 rounds. It fires mini two stage explosive projectiles.

As seen in this Video here in the biggening.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CadenceV2: I'm just trying to determine how much damage the shields on the Mark IV would be to withstand from Bolters.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pokergeist

@Deranged Midget: Thats a good question. Bolters are effective more so against Solid or Fleshy Targets. Bolts made to Penetrate and then Explode. Power Armour holds up well against it as it blows up on contact thus requiring time to wear the armour down in thicker areas.

Iron Halos are Energy Shields that are used and hold up well before they are drain.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CadenceV2: Hmm that's interesting. The shields from Halo, especially on inferior models of the MJOLNIR armour such as Mark IV are completely wiped out from a single charged shot of a plasma pistol. Besides that, they hold up far better in the EU than they do in the games.

john_7547

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait we are talking all Spartans vs the Sisters of battle right. hmm interesting concept. except there are a total of thousands of Spartans. who in current cannon are getting more badass weapons & equipment as the serous continues to develop.. currently they have MJOLNIR gen2 armor like the MJOLNIR Mk7 which has atmospheric insertion capability ie Spartans fall from space, hit the ground, dust themselves off and get fighting. Its self repairing via nano technology, this makes it akin to terminator level armor. The Spartans energy shields are more effective being limited shaping shields, they have some new attachments such as Stun blast (emp), Repel cryo-grenades, Shock-chain grenades, seeker explosive homing drones, a teleportation capability, Z-2500 drones, hard light shields, covenant proximity mines which are like grenades. They also got a few new weapons from halo 5 which include the Hydra MLRs which is a man portable 6pack rocket launcher. that is fired like a normal rifle. So given this saids Spartans vs Sisters of Battle. We have Spartan 1s ie Sergeant Johnson & co. who in current cannon could use MJOLNIR gen 2 armor. which would only enhance their ability to be basically ghosts on the battlefield via their first mission they completed was done without even being seen by anyone in the area. then we have the Spartan 2s there where 2 classes of them the first produced MC, Jorge-052, Linda-058 "best sniper in the universe", Kelly -087 the fastest Spartan ever known, Kurt-051 aka Lieutenant Commander Kurt Ambrose who's special ability is being able to since an ambush, etc. the list goes on there's 33 first class Spartan IIs & 150 second class Spartan 2s. Then we have the Spartan 3s trained by Kurt-051 himself, there are 900 Spartan 3s, and lastly the Spartan 4s these Spartans where mint to replace the Spartans of older generations in combat, they are under the newly formed Spartan Branch ran by Spartan 2s including a washout turn Lieutenant Commander Musa-96 a respected officer in both ONI & the UNSC's Naval Special Forces. He's the founder of the Spartan 4 program & Spartan Branch. The Spartan 3s from Gama Co. are trainers of the Spartan 4 candidates who are unaugmented until they pass basic training in the Spartan Branch. after that they train harder, In armor they physically match Spartan 2s or at least some Spartan 2s so we have a massive number of fast, well trained Special Forces against a All female force who has standardized weapons rather than picking what weapon works for the job in this case the bolter, with some using flamers, who use power armor but lack the ability to interface with their armor, thus are somewhat less mobile in combat than Astarte's are vs Spartans who can interface with their armor on a neurological level via a Neural Interface implant in the base of the skull/brain. who are actually more agile & in some cases faster than even Astarte's , Who have the ability in combat to see things around them move at both slow & rapid pace at the same time allowing them to see an attack, think and react almost instantaneously. If the Spartans bring Forerunner grade small arms this would be an execution not a battle. If not the Sister of battle would have about the same chance they have against full Astarte's.

john_7547

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Btw to the guys trying to figure out how much damage a bolter's bolt would do to the energy shield in the book Fall of Reach pages 261-264 . Master Chief in the Mk V which was also used by Noble team and is the first MJOLNIR armor version to have energy shielding the Mk IV didn't have energy shielding technology. well long story short Master Chief with Cortina were attacked by a Skyhawk fighter that fired its 50mm cannons than a anti tank missile at him. With Cortina calculating the missiles speed & time on target ie when it would hit and feeding this info to Master Chief allowed him to literally swat a Scorpion anti-tank missile away with his energy shielded arm, this of course knocked his energy shield down in the process but that's the kind of hit it takes to knock down the energy shield. A bolter being a 20mm rpg doesn't have even close to that level of hitting power. So unless the Spartans stand there like morons staring at the Sisters of battle while they unload on them there's realistically no way a bolters round can break through the energy shields of the Spartans. who no longer even use the MkV or even the original Mk VI although a gen2 modified version is available to Spartans who like the retro look of the Mk V or Mk VI armor. the Mk VII is customizable to look like older armors an example being Naomi-010's Mark VII suit that resembles her old MkV/B variant power armor. this means that Spartans can customize their armor's appearance. However there is currently no gen2 variant of the MJOLNIR Mk IV armor. Sadly because the Mk IV is one of the more badass looking MJOLNIR gen1 armors, ie here's a image of the Mk IV ... http://www.halopedia.org/File:MarkIV_model.jpg the gen 2 warrior variant is also a fairly badass looking armor & is listed as the main line gen2 armor here's a pic although I prefer mine to be black rather then blue lol ... http://www.halopedia.org/File:H4-MJOLNIR-GEN2.png

Newvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have to go with Sisters of Battle unless we are maybe talking Master Chief since he has a nasty habit of not dying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz wow you actually gave the Spartans a win?!?!?! Holy smokes I never thought i'd see the day lol

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers