Spartans (Halo) VS Krogans (Mass Effect)

• 164 results
coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By coltnelson

@Bawlsz: The player can also leave Grunt in his tank for the entire game, effectively making it so he never exists in the game world. Shepard is a player controlled character and much of his/her actions are driven by personal plot choices. I don't think the Virmire incident is representative of anything other than that.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By Deranged Midget

@coltnelson: That's a fair statement indeed, but if chosen, Wrex is still killed and without much effort either.

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By coltnelson

@Deranged Midget: Agreed, but that doesn't mean it fits into the lore of Mass Effect. In Mass Effect 2 there is a point when you release Grunt from his tank, that if played properly, Shepard shoots Grunt in the head and chest multiple times at point blank range, and he shrugs it off like nothing. Here is the link to the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZxwNdhl4EI , skip to about the 2:00 minute mark to see the shots. This is entirely contradictory to the incident when/if you choose to kill Wrex, and is actually much more in line with the lore of Krogans. If chosen, a lot of characters are killed by Shepard, but the most prominent cause of death is storyline.

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By niBBit

Alot of the things that happen to the Krogans in the game doesn't fit into the Lore. Like the previous posters said Grunt took Shepards pistol shots point blank in the face like nothing, or when Garrus tells you his encounter with Garm *http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Garm* Garrus explained that he never saw a Krogan regenerate that fast Garrus kept shooting and Garm came back for more moments later, then we go to the Garrus story line again where you meet up with a Volus and 2 Krogans and if you pick renegade during that conversation Shepards and friends 1-2 shots them...granted those 2 Krogans aren't Grunt/Wrex or Garm but come on just 2 shots? that should't happen when you hear how badass the Krogans where during the Rachni Wars hell when the Krogans won the war and the Rebbelion started they fought the Asari/Salarians and Turians and where winning. Wrex has alot of off-panel feats like (IIRC) killing an bunch of Krogans+his father while they ambushed him, duke'd it out with another Asari on a ship full of Mercenary's, killed an Treshermaw by himself.

Alot of things in books/comics are far more powerfull than in the game, if anybody wants i can post some scans of Biotics if anybody is interested (mostly they are from Liara/Aria).

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By coltnelson

@niBBit: I would like to see some ME Comics scans, not so much for sake of argument here, but just because I haven't seen any.I would be interested to see biotics depicted in the comics. I have been looking into buying some of the Mass Effect comics. Are they any good?

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By niBBit

@coltnelson: I have all the comics and there are many more scans of Biotic display but they are mostly about enchancing oneself with Biotics and then pummeling the enemy. Both Liara and Aria enchanced themself with Biotics and proceed to pummel opponents with nothing but their fists and those vary from Mercenary's like Krogans to Reaper Adjundants who can whiststand gunfire and so on if you like i can post those as well :)

First 3 scans of Aria you see her lvl and entire area with just one Biotic attack. The second set shows Aria soloing all the Adjundants and those are pretty tough. Last one you see her piercing the Adjundant with her Biotics ( i think i have some more of these where Biotics go straight trough an opponent)

Second scans show Liara creating a barrier around the entire ship protecting it and guiding it since IIRC the controls why destoyed. Second set you see her destroy the entire area with her Biotics ( i think there is more to it on how huge and where it was if i have the time if will post it) Last set you see Liara with just one attack take down multiple opponents unlike in the game where you can take 2-3 opponents with one Throw (I think they where even more Mercenaries she took out with the same attack will find it when i have the time)

If your a ME fan then yes to me i found the comics to be enjoyable :)

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By coltnelson

@niBBit: Thanks, those are nice. When I can I will definitely pick up these series. Biotics definitely look much more powerful in the comics.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Deranged Midget

@coltnelson: Low level Biotics are far better represented in the comics. I still find them to be relatively impressive in the games.

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By coltnelson

@Deranged Midget: I agree that the in-game biotics are still impressive. Especially in ME3's multilayer, the range of biotic abilities across several species is good.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Deranged Midget

@coltnelson: Indeed, especially the Asari Justicar. As much as people hate the multiplayer, I found it a thrill to try out all the different species and I've easily poured 100+ hours into it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#111  Edited By frozen  Moderator

I think some people are assuming Noble 6 is a non-factor. He may be limited in feats, but he was essentially at the quality of a Spartan-II and probably the best on Noble-Team. He had been referred to as a Hyper-Lethal Vector and it was subsequently stated that only one other Spartan had that rating, he had also made entire militia groups ''disappear''. What makes it more impressive, is that despite being a Spartan-III, he was only 22 and had quickly established himself as an effective killer.

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By coltnelson

@Frozen: I think what most people felt was Noble 6's downfall was his lack of durability in comparison to Chief. I think the lack of physical augmentations to increase his strength, speed and durability. Skill-wise, several poster have mentioned that Noble 6 does have very good combat skills and training that put him at the level of a Spartan-II but in terms of durability, he would be lacking and on the level of a Spartan-III in that regard. Not trying to argue either way but just summarizing what I recall reading. I think the argument for Noble 6's vulnerability due to lack of durability in this fight is valid. I wouldn't say he is a non-factor though, he still has the same weapons and similar skills and Chief, but I think it is a fair assessment to say he is the weakest player on the field but perhaps not by much.

TheSyndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#113  Edited By TheSyndicate

Spartans use armor lock glitch and curbstomp...jk Spartans have a good chance though.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@coltnelson said:

@Frozen: I think what most people felt was Noble 6's downfall was his lack of durability in comparison to Chief. I think the lack of physical augmentations to increase his strength, speed and durability. Skill-wise, several poster have mentioned that Noble 6 does have very good combat skills and training that put him at the level of a Spartan-II but in terms of durability, he would be lacking and on the level of a Spartan-III in that regard. Not trying to argue either way but just summarizing what I recall reading. I think the argument for Noble 6's vulnerability due to lack of durability in this fight is valid. I wouldn't say he is a non-factor though, he still has the same weapons and similar skills and Chief, but I think it is a fair assessment to say he is the weakest player on the field but perhaps not by much.

Um. When was his durability ever shown as weak? He lost the battle in the end because he fought until exhaustion, after a while he just got tired. He used health-packs but his durability was just average, it was never shown to be that weak.

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By coltnelson

@Frozen: I was only stating what I have read on the forums here. And the statement was never that Noble 6 has weak durability, but that in comparison to Master Chief who has had rather dramatic augmentations to his physicality, such as neigh unbreakable bones, Noble 6's durability is lacking. Additionlly, in comparison to Master Chief, Noble 6 has less advanced armor. I was never arguing that Noble 6 had weak durability, in fact, I don't believe any of these combatants have low durability. I just think a case could be made for Noble 6 as the least durable of all combatants here. In that regard, I feel that your assessment of Noble 6 as "average" is fairly accurate.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@coltnelson said:

@Frozen: I was only stating what I have read on the forums here. And the statement was never that Noble 6 has weak durability, but that in comparison to Master Chief who has had rather dramatic augmentations to his physicality, such as neigh unbreakable bones, Noble 6's durability is lacking. Additionlly, in comparison to Master Chief, Noble 6 has less advanced armor. I was never arguing that Noble 6 had weak durability, in fact, I don't believe any of these combatants have low durability. I just think a case could be made for Noble 6 as the least durable of all combatants here. In that regard, I feel that your assessment of Noble 6 as "average" is fairly accurate.

You mean the Bungie Forums? The nonsense that is spewed there is ridiculous. 6 does have weaker durability in comparison to John, but he won't tire as this fight won't last for hours.

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By coltnelson

@Frozen: You are arguing his endurance now. That was never in question, I am sure all Spartans have spectacular endurance and could fight for days. What was in question was his ability to take a shot from the Krogan team and not go down. You stated yourself that you thought Noble 6's durability was only average. I would put Chief and the Krogans far above average. And I was referencing stuff said on this thread when I was talking about Noble 6's durability.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By xxxddd

Team 1.

Avatar image for factchecker2891
Factchecker2891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Factchecker2891

Spartan probably easily, outside of Wrex and Grunt, the Krogan are fodder. Kai Leng killed one with his bare hands

Spartan_B312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Spartan_B312

<p>Noble team was completely better than the rest of the spartan llls they were chosen because of dr.halsey's "perfect genes" wich made the augmentations work better in that case noble team was equal if not better than the spartan lls</p>

olbassey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By olbassey

Spartans win because everyone knows it's way easier to blast people in first-person mode than third-person.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olbassey said:

Spartans win because everyone knows it's way easier to blast people in first-person mode than third-person.

Actually by that Logic Krogans win as they stop time with Shift Bar to select Target and Unleash Abilities lol.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Regarding the discussion about Wrex being killed off relatively easily on Virmire and whether that fits with ME lore on krogan durability, Wrex is also killed off pretty easily by C-Sec guards in an ME3 cutscene where he angrily confronts Shepard if the genophage cure was sabotaged.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regarding the discussion about Wrex being killed off relatively easily on Virmire and whether that fits with ME lore on krogan durability, Wrex is also killed off pretty easily by C-Sec guards in an ME3 cutscene where he angrily confronts Shepard if the genophage cure was sabotaged.

0_0 Nooo.....

Spartan_B312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Spartan_B312

People seem to underestimate noble 6 spartan llls were said to have "speed and reflexes no covenant could follow" , they dodged,snapped necks, and limbs so noble 6 could easily beat a krogan

Spartan_B312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Spartan_B312

Also, it was said that 300 Spartans llls were winning the fights against thousands of covenant troops , no Koran could do that

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

0_0 Nooo.....

Krogan in general fared poorly in ME cutscenes. There are quite a few instances of Shepard gunning them down with ease in ME2, like the Patriarch side-mission and the mission where Garrus hunts down Sidonis. Grunt is the only exception as far as I can tell. IMO, the best strength/durability showings for krogan come from Paragon Lost.

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

@citizenbane said:

0_0 Nooo.....

Krogan in general fared poorly in ME cutscenes. There are quite a few instances of Shepard gunning them down with ease in ME2, like the Patriarch side-mission and the mission where Garrus hunts down Sidonis. Grunt is the only exception as far as I can tell. IMO, the best strength/durability showings for krogan come from Paragon Lost.

Are you saying that the durability of the Krogans is being exaggerated in regards to this battle or exaggerated in the overall lore of Mass Effect versus what is depicted during gameplay?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane said:

@cadencev2 said:

@citizenbane said:

0_0 Nooo.....

Are you saying that the durability of the Krogans is being exaggerated in regards to this battle or exaggerated in the overall lore of Mass Effect versus what is depicted during gameplay?

I'm saying gameplay tends to undersell the krogan as compared to what the narrative says they can do. I personally prefer the krogan portrayed this way:

Loading Video...

Watch the fight from 15:00 onward.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coltnelson said:

I'm saying gameplay tends to undersell the krogan as compared to what the narrative says they can do. I personally prefer the krogan portrayed this way:

Loading Video...

Watch the fight from 15:00 onward.

You Tube shit that down :(

it does suck that in the Gameplay, Cutscenes, and Comic Krogan go down as easy as a Salarian.

SpartaSpec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By SpartaSpec

Noble 2 was able to survive being dropped through the atmosphere and crashing straight on the ground. Spartans win, probably easily.

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: The video you posted was down. But I got a hold of a copy of the movie and checked it out. It was a pretty good showing for krogans. Much preferable to what is shown in the majority of cut scenes and during a lot of the gameplay.

Trollheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartans have decades of experience, Krogan can have centuries. Spartans have a bit above peak human durability, Krogan have super human durability, pain suppression, redundant organs and nervous system, and an extremely powerful healing factor. Spartans can overpower humans, Krogan can non-krogan with a single blow. Spartans use slightly more advanced than current tech weapons, Krogan use advanced science fiction weapons. Spartans are the best special forces humans have to offer, Krogan are the greatest warriors in the galaxy. Spartans lost the ground war, Krogan dominated every ground conflict they were involved in. The Reapers were scared to even land on Tuchanka...

That's not even taking into account how superior Battlemasters are. Dudes, there's a reason why there are entire lines of hardware designed specifically to take out Krogan. Going up against a Krogan with anything less than armor penetrating ammo is a waste of time. Handguns (aside from the handcannons like the Carnifex, basically a magnum specifically designed to kill Krogan) in ME have superior firepower to conventional UNSC weapons and they only cause cuts and bruises to Krogan. I'm sure someone has already linked the image where point-blank Shep unloads on Grunt, a whelp by the way who hasn't fully developed his natural armor, with a handgun, and Grunt just laughs and makes a joke.

Keensense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartans without Mjolnir can move so fast they appear as a blur according to Captain Keyes in the Fall of Reach, that puts their standard speed in the enhanced, low superhuman range. Mjolnir amplifies this by five. Spartans stomp, Kai Lang was able to kill a Krogan before getting the boot by the military. Master Chief was also able to survive getting shot by numerous fuel rod canons so he has an insane durability soak.

Avatar image for imaloserforbeinghere
ImaLoserForBeingHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahhh, the great BLOOD GULCH. Good times. But anyways, it's a draw. All 4 die.

soloassissian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By soloassissian

Does anyone remember that the krogans kinetic barriers are designed to stop hypervelocity rounds with the same impact force as a nuclear bomb.

You also have to take into fact that they can customize and tune the weapons to themselves.

soloassissian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: You are given five minutes to beat the thresher maw, so Wrex killed one in less than five minutes by himself.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartans have decades of experience, Krogan can have centuries. Spartans have a bit above peak human durability, Krogan have super human durability, pain suppression, redundant organs and nervous system, and an extremely powerful healing factor. Spartans can overpower humans, Krogan can non-krogan with a single blow. Spartans use slightly more advanced than current tech weapons, Krogan use advanced science fiction weapons. Spartans are the best special forces humans have to offer, Krogan are the greatest warriors in the galaxy. Spartans lost the ground war, Krogan dominated every ground conflict they were involved in. The Reapers were scared to even land on Tuchanka...

That's not even taking into account how superior Battlemasters are. Dudes, there's a reason why there are entire lines of hardware designed specifically to take out Krogan. Going up against a Krogan with anything less than armor penetrating ammo is a waste of time. Handguns (aside from the handcannons like the Carnifex, basically a magnum specifically designed to kill Krogan) in ME have superior firepower to conventional UNSC weapons and they only cause cuts and bruises to Krogan. I'm sure someone has already linked the image where point-blank Shep unloads on Grunt, a whelp by the way who hasn't fully developed his natural armor, with a handgun, and Grunt just laughs and makes a joke.

Spartans win, decades of combat experience in conflicts that would make Ranchi wars and Krogan rebellions look like petty fights between children, besides the Chief has fought against Elites who also have sextra organs, can live far longer than humans and have been trained to fight since childhood as well who also have super huamn strength like the Krogans. Also, Halo weapons are superior if you include Covenant weapons and Forerunner. The Covenant, Forerunner and even the UNSC have ships are far superior to ME ships.Spartans have superhuman strength, their abilities grow as they get older and their armor increases their abilities. Captain Anderson and some other humans have defeated Krogans in hand to hand combat.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14 said:

Spartans win, decades of combat experience in conflicts that would make Ranchi wars and Krogan rebellions look like petty fights between children, besides the Chief has fought against Elites who also have sextra organs, can live far longer than humans and have been trained to fight since childhood as well who also have super huamn strength like the Krogans. Also, Halo weapons are superior if you include Covenant weapons and Forerunner. The Covenant, Forerunner and even the UNSC have ships are far superior to ME ships.Spartans have superhuman strength, their abilities grow as they get older and their armor increases their abilities. Captain Anderson and some other humans have defeated Krogans in hand to hand combat.

I agree, but that random bump is a bit odd.

Jmarshmallow

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14 said:

Jmarshmallow

What is

@vortex14 said:

Jmarshmallow

What is Trollheim talking about ? Krogans have been killed by guns before and Spartans have fought against Brutes who are probably stronger than Krogans and also extremely tough, though I don't think I would gp far as to say they are tougher than Krogans. By the check out this Hlao/justice crossover made by Author Freedom Guard on fanfiction.

Justice League: Spartan Alliance Chapter 1, a Halo +

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14 said:

Jmarshmallow

Spiderman is way stronger and faster than Wolverine, though Logan is most certainly the better fighter.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Jmarshmallow
Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Vortex1456789

Oh, I saw one of your posts on Spiderman vs 200 wolverines, Sipderman could kick all their asses, but unless he finds a way kill of Logan's healing factor, he will eventually go down because Logan will outlast him.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Urdnot Wrex solos

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wrex has almost 1000 years of experience and biotics

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba149167b2c0
deactivated-5ba149167b2c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Chief's spreadsheet alone is as good Shepard and his entire crew.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wrex has almost 1000 years of experience and biotics

Doesn't matter since people with centuries of experience have gone down to people who don't have that kind of experience.

Chief has fought and defeated elites and brutes, who can far longer than humans, have multiple extra organs as well and brutes while maybe not as tough as krogan are still a good example that Chief can hold his own and win.

Besides, Captain Anderson and some other humans have defeated Krogan battle masters in single combat. Shepard has done it as well despite only having a decade or so of ce at best.

Spartans win, and oh and don't even get me started on Space marines.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with chief and noble 6 right now.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with chief and noble 6 right now.

Agreed. John and 6 aren't as good as space marines, but they win here.