Spartans (Halo) VS Krogans (Mass Effect)

• 164 results
coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By coltnelson

-UNSC's Finest VS Tuchanka's Most Deadly-

Combatants

The Spartans

Master Chief
Master Chief
Noble 6
Noble 6

VS

The Krogans

Urdnot Grunt
Urdnot Grunt
Urdnot Wrex
Urdnot Wrex

Battle Location- Blood Gulch (No Vehicles)

Blood Gulch
Blood Gulch

Rules

• Standard equipment for both teams. No super-weapons. All combatants are equipped with a Assault Rifle/Shotgun combo. Spartans have the MA5C Assault Rifle and the M90 Shotgun. Krogans have the M-8 Avenger Assault Rifle and the M-27 Scimitar Shotgun. Shields/Armors are allowed for both teams. Spartans are allowed frag grenades and Krogans are allowed their special abilities (i.e, Wrex has biotic powers, etc and Grunt has his Fortification powers, etc.). Spartans are allowed one armor power each. Krogans are allowed their healing factors.
  • For all purposes, Blood Gulch is neutral ground and both teams are granted knowledge of the terrain.
  • Both teams are aware they are entering a death-match and will act accordingly.
  • Victory or Death.

Which team has the last man (or lizard-man) standing? Can the Spartans claim victory for the UNSC or will the Krogans be bringing two Spartan skulls back to Tuchancka ?

agentxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By agentxx

Krogans win Noble 6 is the weak link due to outdated armor which makes him weaker and if he's a spartan III it's even worst

Chief however will put up a good fight however Krogans win due to better combat experience.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@agentxx said:

Krogans win Noble 6 is the weak link due to outdated armor which makes him weaker and if he's a spartan III it's even worst

Chief however will put up a good fight however Krogans win due to better combat experience.

Noble 6 was at the quality of a Spartan II.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Can anyone give me some feats of the Krogans?

agentxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By agentxx

@Frozen said:

@agentxx said:

In terms of combat capability yes but in physical and equipment no

Spartan III's were sent on suicide mission instead of spartan II's because III's were cheaper and more numerous.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@agentxx said:

@Frozen said:

@agentxx said:

In terms of combat capability yes but in physical and equipment no

Spartan III's were sent on suicide mission instead of spartan II's because III's were cheaper and more numerous.

That's what I was getting at. He was only 22, yet from what I saw he wasn't much different compared to a Spartan II (in terms of combat capability). Spartan III's were the masses, while Spartan II's were supposed to be much better. Don't forget that Chief is very tactical, this was evidenced in The Fall of Reach. I'd say the average Spartan II is better than the average Spartan II, yet some key individuals stick out.

agentxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By agentxx

@Frozen:What's my main concern is that if the krogan lay a hit on noble it might put him down almost immediately (the krogan weapons working by firing a slug at hypersonic speeds which builds up enough kinetic energy to obliterate enemies) Spartans however have a speed advantage over the krogans and possible they're more calm and tactical however Grunt has led spec op's teams and wrenox is a hundred years old so Krogans have more experience.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@agentxx:

:What's my main concern is that if the krogan lay a hit on noble it might put him down almost immediately (the krogan weapons working by firing a slug at hypersonic speeds which builds up enough kinetic energy to obliterate enemies)

I think you're underestimating his durability. He was withstanding Covenant forces until exhaustion and he was doing pretty well.

Spartans however have a speed advantage over the krogans and possible they're more calm and tactical however Grunt has led spec op's teams and wrenox is a hundred years old so Krogans have more experience.

Chief was tactical. Especially in the books, Noble 6 on the other hand was just a very efficient killer.

agentxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By agentxx

@Frozen:I think you mean stamina, when I said durability I meant as in can his shields and armor protect him from object going at very fast speeds to the point they obliterate anything in their path

and I agree with you chief is more tactical but he doesn't have a hundred years worth of experience more like 40.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@agentxx said:

@Frozen:I think you mean stamina, when I said durability I meant as in can his shields and armor protect him from object going at very fast speeds to the point they obliterate anything in their path

and I agree with you chief is more tactical but he doesn't have a hundred years worth of experience more like 40.

He was still getting tagged in the midst of it. It can be considered both durability and stamina, I'm quite sure that Chief can create a diversion. Quality over quantity as it is said, what experiences do the Krogans actually have? Don't forget that Noble 6 could dodge the blasts.

agentxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By agentxx

@Frozen:Grunt was genetically modified to be a super soldier of some sorts for the krogans he's faster,smarter,stronger than a normal one mean while Wrex has been fighting for a hundred years

he has worked as a soldier,mercenary,assassin,bounty hunter,bandit he's fought in civil wars and has gone into high priorty missions as a merc.

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By coltnelson

@Frozen: Here is a link to the Mass Effect wiki page. The first section about their biology gives some info about how a krogan might stack up against a Spartan in terms of strength and durability. Further down the page it talks about their military and culture. Hope this help out a bit.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Krogan

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Night Thrasher

Wrex is a biotic and has the Warp ability. Plus Grunts fortification and superior weapons(IMO). I think the Krogans win fairly easily.

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By coltnelson

@agentxx said:

@Frozen:What's my main concern is that if the krogan lay a hit on noble it might put him down almost immediately (the krogan weapons working by firing a slug at hypersonic speeds which builds up enough kinetic energy to obliterate enemies)

I attempted to limit the weapons to an average or standard quality due to the power of Krogan weapons. So the Krogan won't have their typical massive shotguns. Instead I gave them base level Assault Rifles and Shotguns from the Mass Effect 2 game. While these weapons still work in the same fashion, they are not as powerful. Same goes for the Spartans, they have the basic Assault Rifle and Shotgun. Hopefully that equalizes the fight in terms of firepower.

agentxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By agentxx

@Night Thrasher: Spartans are way faster though.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@coltnelson: Thank you. I'll look into that.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Night Thrasher
@agentxx: I don't know about that. Krogans were some of the faster characters in Mass Effect. Especially with the Krogan berserker.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pokergeist

Wrex was also the most famous warlord in 100s of years and succeded in uniting the Clans. He also killed a Thresher Maw when he was going thru initiation.

Grunt was design to be perfect Krogan. He also has extreme training before being born really. He has all the tatics and combat training inputed into his mind.

Skip to 4:20

Added to this is the Healing Factors. of both Krogan.

Added again is Grunts Fortification to toughen up more and Wrex Warp ability that eats away Armour and health from a safe distance. heck Wrex Push/Pull ability can force either spartan into lines of fire.

The Krogans should win here.

Avatar image for noobslayerprime11
noobslayerprime11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief solos

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Laurcus

Chief solos easily. Krogan do not have the enhanced reflexes required to even get a shot off on the Chief. And for all their redundant nervous systems and regeneration, headshots deal with Krogan quite nicely. Sure, they're kind of tanky in gameplay, but in lore they die to one headshot. For example, on Garrus' loyalty mission in ME2, when you're tracking down Harken you have to deal with his Volus lackey who has two Krogan bodyguards. There's a renegade interrupt to shoot them, and they go down instantly.

Fortification and shields make Wrex and Grunt more tanky in lore than other Krogan, but it's nothing that some sustained fire won't bring down. The Chief would pick at them, darting in and out of cover so fast that they could barely see him. Biotics wouldn't help at all, as they have too much travel time, and the Chief is shielded.

The Chief is also much stronger. He can life over 3300 pounds, and Krogan only weigh one ton in full armor. The exact strength of an average Krogan isn't stated as far as I know, but have you ever seen a Krogan easily pick up another Krogan, as the Chief would be able to do?

Master Chief also has greater accuracy, so much so that he basically can't miss. In fact, I don't ever recall him missing a shot in lore while in his suit, while there's nothing to suggest that Krogan have superhuman accuracy.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Frozen said:

@agentxx said:

He demonstrated so, but he's physically and mentally inferior to a SPARTAN II due to lacking their augmentation. SPARTAN III's proved efficient for one reason: mass production. They were more or less cannon fodder and were never expected to survive the missions that SPARTAN II's could've accomplished with ease.

Regardless John should be able to handle both Wrex and Grunt due to far superior speed and reflexes. Skill and experience is extremely debatable as Wrex has been alive for over a hundred years and has endured dozens of battles.

@Laurcus said:

The Chief is also much stronger. He can life over 3300 pounds, and Krogan only weigh one ton in full armor. The exact strength of an average Krogan isn't stated as far as I know, but have you ever seen a Krogan easily pick up another Krogan, as the Chief would be able to do?

Stronger? That's debatable. Krogans are listed as one of, if not the most physically superior species in the Mass Effect universe. It'd be a death sentence to try to tussle with them. Here's a video showcasing his durability, persistance and strength( Spoiler ahead):

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@Deranged Midget:

He demonstrated so, but he's physically and mentally inferior to a SPARTAN II due to lacking their augmentation. SPARTAN III's proved efficient for one reason: mass production. They were more or less cannon fodder and were never expected to survive the missions that SPARTAN II's could've accomplished with ease.
Regardless John should be able to handle both Wrex and Grunt due to far superior speed and reflexes. Skill and experience is extremely debatable as Wrex has been alive for over a hundred years and has endured dozens of battles.

I was thinking that Spartan III's are the canon fodder, however 6 demonstrated to be much higher than that of an average Spartan III or even Spartan II for the matter. Most Spartan II's would have had hell at Reach, given the same task 6 had to do. John is one of the few Spartan II's that stand out, however I'd put 6 over an average Spartan II and Spartan III. Spartan III's were supposed to be inferior, and on average they are. But I believe that Noble 6 is an exception here. I don't think Spartan II's could have taken the task that Noble Team had to do, and done it with ''ease''. In fact, I'd put 6 above Linda if she didn't have a Sniper, but that's a completely different topic anyways.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Laurcus

@Deranged Midget: I'm well aware of the Grunt vs Ravagers scene. And I don't think there's anything to suggest that Krogan can lift a ton or more. Not to mention in hand to hand, the Chief's 1500% greater reflexes would functionally make him immune to everything they try.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Frozen: Noble 6 is probably the only stand-out SPARTAN III, I can agree with that but it's arguable only because he was controlled by the player. But still, he couldn't hold a candle to John, Sam, Kelly, Kurt, Will, or Fred.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Laurcus: I never argued against John's speed, I even supported it in my own statement, but Krogan's have incredible durability and I still stand by saying that they wouldn't go down without giving John and Noble 6 quite a fight.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Deranged Midget said:

@Frozen: Noble 6 is probably the only stand-out SPARTAN III, I can agree with that but it's arguable only because he was controlled by the player. But still, he couldn't hold a candle to John, Sam, Kelly, Kurt, Will, or Fred.

Kurt was a Spartan II. He just got shipped to train the Spartan III's,

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dextersinister

@Night Thrasher said:

@agentxx: I don't know about that. Krogans were some of the faster characters in Mass Effect. Especially with the Krogan berserker.

Krogans would be slow by normal human standards, they do not have the physiology of a creature that is suppose to move quickly. There is a reason we don't have an excessive amount of back-up organs like the Krogan, it takes more resources to sustain them and more energy is wasted by your every movement because of the extra weight.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@Deranged Midget said:

To be fair, he didn't come off as different to a Spartan II. But it's because he was the playable character. I think he's above Kelly atleast, and Sam? I thought he died when he was 14?. The rest however I will agree with.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Deranged Midget

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Yes, but he was still one of the best SPARTAN II's, almost matching even John in terms of skill and leadership.

@Frozen said:

To be fair, he didn't come off as different to a Spartan II. But it's because he was the playable character. I think he's above Kelly atleast, and Sam? I thought he died when he was 14?. The rest however I will agree with.

Sam was considered the strongest of all the SPARTAN II's and stood a full head taller than John. Roughly 7'5 as John was 6'11 outside of the armour. Above Kelly? God no, she was the fastest SPARTAN II. So fast even that she looked like a blur to John.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@Deranged Midget said:

Yes, but he was still one of the best SPARTAN II's, almost matching even John in terms of skill and leadership.

@Frozen said:

Sam was considered the strongest of all the SPARTAN II's and stood a full head taller than John. Roughly 7'5 as John was 6'11 outside of the armour. Above Kelly? God no, she was the fastest SPARTAN II. So fast even that she looked like a blur to John.

He was only 14 when he died and had little experience as a Spartan. Noble 6 was 8 years older, his experience is the closing factor. I forgot about Kelly's speed, IIRC she was said to have had to slow down for Sam in sparring.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Deranged Midget said:

He was considered even to John, for his uncanny ability to have a feeling for traps and other dangers. John wasn't the best at anything, but he had luck. Fred was the best since he effortlessly placed 2nd at every competition/test, but didn't take 1st because "he didn't want the attention."

Linda was the best aimer/shooter.

Kelly was the fastest and swiftest.

Sam was the strongest.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@Deranged Midget: Noble 6 was also referred to as a ''Hyper-Lethal Vector'' and that there was only one other Spartan who had that rating. He had made entire Militia groups disappear, Kelly would beat him. But Sam is simply too inexperienced.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Frozen: Sam lacked feats but he was also the quickest to adjust to the augmentation and responded better to it than any of the others. Noble 6 has nothing to refute that as he lacks the physicality but retains the experience.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: John wasn't a stand-out in anything save for his leadership skills which were only rivalled by Kurt and Will. John came in first in almost every event, so I'd say he's far from being unimpressive as he was easily the most dedicated SPARTAN according to Halsey.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JamesKM716

I give this to the Spartans thanks to Chief's augmentation factor. His bones are steel like, and he has incredible speed, relfexis and strength. With the Mjolinr armor its increased even further to the point that everything seems to be moving slower. I believe that this speed advantage would allow Chief and Noble 6 to defeat the Krogan. Primarily because Grunt doesn't use shields. Chief can sprint up and take down Grunt with a shotgun shot to the back of the head. or Noble 6 could use his assissnation abilities to kill Grunt. Either way, Wrex would be vastly outclassed when it gets down to two on one. That said, i don't think that will happen everytime. But, Spartans win probably 6/10. Krogan: 4/10

goof fight OP :)

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Frozen: I'll agree to the point of ranking 6 higher solely due to Sam being inexperienced.

@JamesKM716: Every species uses a shielding system in Mass Effect. Be it actual shields produced by tech or those created through Biotics.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@Deranged Midget: Each Spartan was having a different time coping with the augmentations. The experience gap is massive. In my opinion, the experience is enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Spartans win. They have superior speed, reflexes, strength, shields and accuracy. Though it is possible that Noble 6 gets taken down during the fight

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Frozen: Indeed they were. Sam recovered the fastest while Kelly the slowest. It doesn't really matter at this point though. In this case, the experience trumps the stats.

AlteredBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AlteredBeast

Wow, this is pretty stinking interesting. I'd say that Noble 6 would be the weak link here cause we all admit that 1v1 Chief could beat the two individually, but Grunt and Urdnot would defeat chief alone. The toss up here is how much help Noble 6 would actually be to Master Chief.

I'm going to say a DRAW unless chief teams up with Carolina or Texas.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JamesKM716

@Deranged Midget: On Haestorm he's unaffected by the sunlight overloading shields. Wouldn't that be because he didn't have shields?

If both have shields then i think Krogan would win 8/10. Simply becuase their guns are stronger, and shields can take more strikes

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief could probably take on both and scrape a victory.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Deranged Midget

@JamesKM716: I don't recall him ever being unaffected? I'm pretty sure only the Geth are immune to sun's rays.

@AlteredBeast: I think you might be underestimating Noble 6 here. He's inferior to John in regards to skill, experience and physicality but he's completely impressive in his own right. He won't be John's downfall here.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JamesKM716

@Deranged Midget: Ah perhaps i'm dis-remembering things.

On another note, this would be a closer battle than i originally thought. I think perhaps the Spartans could win. I mean, thinking about it. If they can get the drop on Grunt or Wrex both of which are incredibly possible due to the Augmentation process, then they coudl take a Krogan gun and use it against Wrex or Grunt. Hmm.

Tie? No, 6/10 Spartans winning moreoften

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Deranged Midget

@JamesKM716: I don't think it's a battle where any side decidedly takes a majority of wins but the Spartans due have a massive advantage regarding speed, reflexes and arguably skill. Neither Wrex nor Grunt could ever hope to hit John once he's in action.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JamesKM716

But all they require is a single shot. One bullet hits John its likely to take down all of his shields and a huge part of his armor, if not shattering his bones too. Wrex and Grunt's shields should be able to withstand The Spartan's bullets, so couldn't the Krogan spray fire until they get a hit?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By z3ro180

@Frozen said:

Can anyone give me some feats of the Krogans?

They have 3 balls instead to 2 :P

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By z3ro180

@Deranged Midget: im a halo fan but i dount keep up with the lore outside of the games. How are the S3s inferier to the S2s? apart from there armor.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Deranged Midget

@JamesKM716 said:

But all they require is a single shot. One bullet hits John its likely to take down all of his shields and a huge part of his armor, if not shattering his bones too. Wrex and Grunt's shields should be able to withstand The Spartan's bullets, so couldn't the Krogan spray fire until they get a hit?

John has near unbreakable bones, I doubt they will be shattered. His shields have taken blasts far superior to Krogan weapons and has survived two kilometer, high velocity drops from the atmosphere twice.

@Z3RO180: The SPARTAN II's were so successful due to their augmentation but it was also their downfall because it dwindled their numbers. The entire purpose of the SPARTAN III's was reproduction. They lacked the same augmentation that their superior predecessors went through but they possessed the same training, although they were most commonly used as cannon fodder.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By z3ro180

@Deranged Midget:right i get ya the physicaly superior to normal humans but and physicaly less superor to S2s

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JamesKM716

I thought the Spartans had bones like steel? and steel would get shattered by Krogan slugs.

What blasts were stronger than the Krogan weapons (just curious here) and that is very true, didn't think of that.