Squad: 5 Banshees

• Morals On
  • No Prep
  • Spartans have covernent energy rifles Banshees have standard gear
  • 25 meter starting distance
  • Banshee's can't use their scream
  • Win by Death, KO or Incap

#2 Posted by XImpossibruX (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Spartans. With MC leading it's a sure victory.

#3 Edited by ChaosMarvel (991 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay a 40k thread that isn't stomp in their favor. I'm not sure who wins here. Both teams are incredibly agile and fast. If MC wasn't there i'd pick the Banshee's but as he is I honestly don't know who would win. I would pay to watch this fight play out!

#4 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

well a Banshee Blade can cut a Marines armor & they do move with such speed they are a blur..

Imo MC has to be at the top of his game otherwise that weapon of his will be in bits all over the floor..

MC any good at H2H? LOL

#5 Posted by Primarch (595 posts) - - Show Bio

If "standard gear" for the Spartans means the rifles they're seen holding in those pics, I'd question their effectiveness against Eldar armour. Those types of weapons are highly out dated in the 40k arena.

#6 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primarch said:

If "standard gear" for the Spartans means the rifles they're seen holding in those pics, I'd question their effectiveness against Eldar armour. Those types of weapons are highly out dated in the 40k arena.

this

plus, if your talking wh40k, i dont even know why "KO" or "Incap" are up there ;D

#7 Posted by Strider92 (16079 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360 said:

plus, if your talking wh40k, i dont even know why "KO" or "Incap" are up there ;D

There's a very very slim chance it could happen!!!!

#8 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: thought Death was the only way out in warhammer :D

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

MC any good at H2H? LOL

Hand-to-hand in what regard? With melee weapons or pure fisticuffs?

#10 Posted by ChaosMarvel (991 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360 said:

Was thinking the same thing lol! Maybe its for the Spartans? With Morals On they might not want to hit the pretty Eldar women :p

#11 Posted by Primarch (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360 said:

@Strider92: thought Death was the only way out in warhammer :D

Death is no excuse to stop fighting as far as the Dark Gods are concerned. They'll bring you back to fight in the long war!

@Deranged Midget said:

@Chaos Prime said:

MC any good at H2H? LOL

Do they have melee weapons as standard? I'd assume some kind of combat knife.

#12 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Chaos Prime said:

MC any good at H2H? LOL

probably Melee if he has any at hand because imo The Banshees move that fast that they would probably cut his weapon in half when he trys to defend himself..

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primarch said:

Do they have melee weapons as standard? I'd assume some kind of combat knife.

A combat knife at best, but it's not as utilized as much as you'd believe.

@Chaos Prime said:

probably Melee if he has any at hand because imo The Banshees move that fast that they would probably cut his weapon in half when he trys to defend himself..

Hmm, it seems that it would be best if the Spartans kept their distance then.

#14 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

"Infantry weapons

The standard issue weapon for UNSC Marines Corps is Misriah Armory's MA5 assault rifle series, which can be outfitted with an M301 Grenade Launcher or an underslung shotgun. Most Marines were issued the MA5B variant until its nearly universal replacement in late 2552 by the MA5C variant. The BR55 Battle Rifle and its heavy barrelled variant are used both as standard service rifles and as marksman's weapons. The Corps issues several models of the M6 handgun series, with its standard sidearm being the M6G Personal Defense Weapon System. Suppressive fire is provided by the M247 General Purpose Machine Gun, the AIE-486H Heavy Machine Gun, and mounted versions of the M41 Light Anti-Aircraft Gun. Special forces and vehicle crews are issued M7 Caseless Submachine Guns, with special forces typically using the suppressed model. The M90 Close Assault Weapon System is often utilized in close-quarters engagements.

Snipers operate the SRS 99C-S2 AM and SRS 99D-S2 AM sniper rifle variants for anti-matériel and anti-personnel operations. The M99 Special Application Scoped Rifle is used as a dedicated anti-matériel weapon. Standard UNSC sniper teams consists of two operators; a spotter and a sniper.

Anti-armor fire is provided by the M19 and M41 missile and rocket launchers and the Model 6 Grindell/Galilean Nonlinear Rifle directed-energy-weapon. Portable anti-air fire is provided by the M19-B Surface-to-Air Missile Launcher. The Marine Corps also utilizes the XM510 Multishot Grenade Launcher. The NA4 and M7057 flamethrowers are sometimes used in an anti-infantry role. The M9 High-Explosive Dual-Purpose Grenade is the standard-issue hand grenade of the UNSC Marine Corps. Several specialized grenades, as well as numerous types of landmines and explosive charges, are also used by Marine infantry."

straight from Wiki

#15 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

Spartans. With MC leading it's a sure victory.

This.

Although i'd like to see MC with an energy sword battle with the banshees.

#16 Posted by Ishmael_the_Deathjester (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Banshees regularly beat Marines in melee, Space Marines are widely agreed to beat Spartans into a pulp. The Trickle down theory leads me to believe that the Banshees have this.

#17 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence: not standard equip.

#18 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360 said:

@SpideyPresence: not standard equip.

I know. Hence the reason i said "I'd like to see MC with an energy sword battle with the banshees."

#19 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

If they get a weapon upgrade or are allowed to wield Bolter Pistols/Rifles that are issued to the Space Marines then imo they have at least the arms to hurt/stop the Eldar here :)

#20 Posted by Ishmael_the_Deathjester (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Eldar howling banshee armour is going by the board game, tough enough to resist Bolter shots, which are like fully automatic anti-tank rocket launchers. I think they're tough enough to survive long enough to get in sword range when faced with piddly barely above modern day earth tech firearms. It's worth noting that the sniper rifle in Halo is in fact, used in the 21st century by the south african military. That's not an encouraging sign.

#21 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

"Howling Banshees are swift and athletic troops who specilise in deadly in hand-to-hand fighting. The Banshees wear masks that contain psychosonic amplifiers that magnify their keening battle screams into mind-destroying shock waves. This inflicts severe damage to the central nervous system of the Eldar's foe, inspiring a feeling of mortal terror and causing momentary paralysis. A full squad of Banshees activating their masks in unison can cripple an enemy unit before a single blow is struck. To strike their blows they make use of the Eldar Shuriken Pistol and an Eldar Power Sword which enables them to carve through the toughest of enemy armor. Skillful use of their pistol can eliminate vulnerable targets whilst their blade brings down heavily armored foes such as Space Marines.The Exarch of the Banshees is deadly for she can wield aMirrorblades or the dreaded Executioner."

them howling should be enough to take them down.

#22 Posted by Strider92 (16079 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: Damn forgot that i'll edit the op so they can't use scream and i'll give the Spartans Covernent energy rifles.

#23 Posted by Ishmael_the_Deathjester (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Covenant energy weapons are good against shields, but have worse performance against material armor than UNSC projectile weapons. That would probably only make things worse for the spartans.

#24 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@warlock360: Damn forgot that i'll edit the op so they can't use scream and i'll give the Spartans Covernent energy rifles.

sounds fair

#25 Posted by Strider92 (16079 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ishmael_the_Deathjester said:

Covenant energy weapons are good against shields, but have worse performance against material armor than UNSC projectile weapons. That would probably only make things worse for the spartans.

what weapon would you recommend for the Spartans then to help balance the fight?

#26 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

enjoy the vid :)

#27 Posted by Ishmael_the_Deathjester (219 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

what weapon would you recommend for the Spartans then to help balance the fight?

Something with good punching power, and a very high rate of fire. The heavy machine guns are the Spartan's best bet, though if the Banshees ambush them, the Spartans will be dead before they can turn to face them.

#28 Posted by Strider92 (16079 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: Warp Spiders ftw!

#29 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I would have agreed Spartans win (and they still do at range) but in CC the Holwing Banshee Banshee Mask wuld throw them off alot and the Power Weapons along with the Banshess Speed would end them.

#30 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Chaos Prime: Warp Spiders ftw!

O yes :) going back to weapons for the Spartans imo standard issue Bolters/Rifles should be fine..

#31 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Eldar howling banshee armour is going by the board game, tough enough to resist Bolter shots, which are like fully automatic anti-tank rocket launchers. I think they're tough enough to survive long enough to get in sword range when faced with piddly barely above modern day earth tech firearms. It's worth noting that the sniper rifle in Halo is in fact, used in the 21st century by the south african military. That's not an encouraging sign.

knew they were tough but not that tough :)

Guess its the Necron Gauss Flayer then..

#32 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

knew they were tough but not that tough :)

Guess its the Necron Gauss Flayer then..

Bolter shells have an AP value of 5, meaning they defeat armour saves of five and worse. Banshees have an armour save of four, meaning they negate shots that don't defeat their armour save outright on a four or higher. And yeah, the best basic gun in 40k is really a toss up between the Gauss Flayer and the Pulse Rifle. The Gauss Flayer is much more impressive in the fluff though.

#33 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Something with good punching power, and a very high rate of fire. The heavy machine guns are the Spartan's best bet, though if the Banshees ambush them, the Spartans will be dead before they can turn to face them.

False. Spartans have motion sensors so the Banshees won't be able to ambush them.

#34 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

At least with the motion sensors this should make the battle more even.

#35 Posted by Primarch (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan said:

@Strider92 said:

False. Spartans have motion sensors so the Banshees won't be able to ambush them.

False. Space Marine Power Armor has motion sensors, Banshee's can ambush them.