#1 Edited by Lost_Rellik (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I got inspired by Deadliest warrior for this one and I always wanted to see these two go at it.

-Takes place in the Roman Colisseum
-Win only comes through the death of the other opponent
-Warrior only has the weapons at his disposal
-Its just one on one.....so like Leonidas vs Erik the Red

Viking:
-Chain Mail armor with regular leather coverings over it
-Regular battle helmet
-Wood Shield
-Two Spears
--Great Axe

Spartan:
-Standard Bronze battle armor
-Wood sheild coated with bronze(typical Spartan shield)
-Spartan short sword
-Two spears

#2 Posted by Mr.Pie (586 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this 300 movie version? cause these guys are stronger then the actual historical versions.

#3 Posted by WindCloud (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spartans will win.  They're too damned organized in battle.  The Vikings are a bit less organized and tactical.

#4 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2243 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.Pie said:
"Is this 300 movie version? cause these guys are stronger then the actual historical versions. "

Umm I don't think so because that would make the battle WAY to one-sided, so the historical versions of both.
#5 Posted by Mr.Pie (586 posts) - - Show Bio
@WindCloud said:
" The Spartans will win.  They're too damned organized in battle.  The Vikings are a bit less organized and tactical. "
Agreed. And sides, Spartans are bigger then the Vikings lol ironic though since Vikings are big people.

#6 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2243 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.Pie said:
"@WindCloud said:
" The Spartans will win.  They're too damned organized in battle.  The Vikings are a bit less organized and tactical. "
Agreed. And sides, Spartans are bigger then the Vikings lol ironic though since Vikings are big people. "

Yeah really though hahaha
#7 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2243 posts) - - Show Bio
@WindCloud said:
"The Spartans will win.  They're too damned organized in battle.  The Vikings are a bit less organized and tactical."

This is just one on one, no friends to back each other up.
#8 Posted by WindCloud (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

So, you mean it's King Leonidas against Eric the Red ?  If so, Leonidas should still win.

#9 Edited by ARMIV (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

...Why doesn't the actual show do this fight?!
It'd be AWESOME!

#10 Posted by Mr.Pie (586 posts) - - Show Bio

nah it would be horribly one sided fight. Like William the Wallace vs Shaka Zulu.

#11 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2243 posts) - - Show Bio
@WindCloud said:
"So, you mean it's King Leonidas against Eric the Red ?  If so, Leonidas should still win."

Yeah pretty much, I never thought of that lol
#12 Posted by PoolFan (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Spartan.
I think the show shouyld do winners. Such as Spartan vs William Wallace

#13 Posted by Mr.Pie (586 posts) - - Show Bio
@PoolFan said:
" Spartan.I think the show shouyld do winners. Such as Spartan vs William Wallace "
Again a one sided fight lol
#14 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2243 posts) - - Show Bio
@PoolFan said:
"Spartan.I think the show shouyld do winners. Such as Spartan vs William Wallace "

Agreed almost like a tornament, where winners of each bracket advance on....hopefully they'll do that in the new season. Althoug put the newer generation warriors in a different group due to fact they have the unfair advantage of guns.
#15 Posted by PoolFan (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.Pie said:
"@PoolFan said:
" Spartan.I think the show shouyld do winners. Such as Spartan vs William Wallace "
Again a one sided fight lol "

chances are it would be. I say hey pit a Egyptian Elite vs Celtic Warrior. and Alexander the Great vs Ganghis Khan. and Atilla the hun vs Montezuma
#16 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2243 posts) - - Show Bio
@PoolFan said:
"@Mr.Pie said:
"@PoolFan said:
chances are it would be. I say hey pit a Egyptian Elite vs Celtic Warrior. and Alexander the Great vs Ganghis Khan. and Atilla the hun vs Montezuma "

Or maybe King Arthur vs somebody? Maybe a Trojan warrior?
#17 Posted by PoolFan (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lost_Rellik:
I personally dont think modern warriors with guns should be in it, true warriors fight with fists and swords
#18 Posted by PoolFan (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lost_Rellik said:
"@PoolFan said:
"@Mr.Pie said:
"@PoolFan said:
chances are it would be. I say hey pit a Egyptian Elite vs Celtic Warrior. and Alexander the Great vs Ganghis Khan. and Atilla the hun vs Montezuma "
Or maybe King Arthur vs somebody? Maybe a Trojan warrior? "

I dont think so. Personally, (i'm a historian) i dont think King Arthur ever existed. But a Tojan Warrior would be good to see fighting a Buddhist Priest.
#19 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2243 posts) - - Show Bio
@PoolFan said:
"@Lost_Rellik: I personally dont think modern warriors with guns should be in it, true warriors fight with fists and swords "

Totally true....like the only reason the Pirate beat the Knight is simply because of his guns.....Knight is far more superior in skill
#20 Posted by PoolFan (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lost_Rellik said:
"@PoolFan said:
"
@Lost_Rellik: I personally dont think modern warriors with guns should be in it, true warriors fight with fists and swords "Totally true....like the only reason the Pirate beat the Knight is simply because of his guns.....Knight is far more superior in skill "
COMPLETLY!!!
Guns should be on a different showDeadliest Warrior should be about being the deadliest warrior, not having the best shot
#21 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2243 posts) - - Show Bio
@PoolFan said:
"@Lost_Rellik said:
"@PoolFan said:
"@Mr.Pie said:
"@PoolFan said:
I dont think so. Personally, (i'm a historian) i dont think King Arthur ever existed. But a Tojan Warrior would be good to see fighting a Buddhist Priest. "

Well than lol, or even a warrior of Troy....like Prince Hector perhaps and they could even use Achilles if they wanted.
#22 Posted by PoolFan (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lost_Rellik said:
"@PoolFan said:
"@Lost_Rellik said:
"@PoolFan said:
"@Mr.Pie said:
"@PoolFan said:
I dont think so. Personally, (i'm a historian) i dont think King Arthur ever existed. But a Tojan Warrior would be good to see fighting a Buddhist Priest. "
Well than lol, or even a warrior of Troy....like Prince Hector perhaps and they could even use Achilles if they wanted. "

I'd rather use historically prooven warriors. like Ramses vs Julius Caesar
#23 Posted by Argantyr (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow...one sided? You guys are terribly...terribly WRONG! Theres a reason why Vikings were a terror in northern europe for a multitude of centuries! Also, by the way, you'll find the tallest examples of humans on average in Scandinavia, so...Spartans taller, stronger? HAH! Also The Viking vs. Samurai pair up didn't give the Viking's they're historical repertoire of armaments, so basing your opinion on that fight, is also WRONG! Your tried and true Viking would wear either a coat of chainmail or padded leather. Assuming the Spartan is using Copper arms, heh...they'res no way they're gonna get past that armor - but why bother when the Viking has a shield, but unlike the spartan's the Viking shield isn't strapped to the arm, allowing him to maneuver his wooden in a 180 degree arch in front of him, and it's designed to shear and snare blades when they cut into it allowing a Viking to disarm them.  

Also, in regards to the 'big, strong, Spartans' how many extremely tall italians do you remember? Sure a Spartan Warrior was a tough, strong, fighter but...Vikigns were traditionally taller, had much thicker bones, and were stronger. The only advantage the Spartan has is his Copper breast plate which could be penetrated be a hand axe.

#24 Posted by Retnex (2387 posts) - - Show Bio

Spartan slaughterhouse

#25 Posted by Argantyr (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Really is that why the Persians kicked the Spartan's asses with wicker shields while the Vikings settled parts of russia, brittania, germania, and even parts of italy? Settled, not raiding mind you. Also England should have plenty of Viking blood from when the Great Heathen Army invaded after King Ragnar was betrayed by Northumbrian? nobility. Been a while since I read that particular story.

#26 Edited by thelaxbro24 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Viking wins

#27 Edited by Stormdriven (7313 posts) - - Show Bio

@argantyr: There were only 300 Spartans and 100 other Greek warriors at Thermopylae pass, while the Persians had about 5000 troops. The Greeks still managed to kill almost 2/5ths of that army.

#28 Posted by nerdchore (2742 posts) - - Show Bio

vikings get stomped. vikings lost to samurai and samurai lost to spartan on DW.

#29 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9827 posts) - - Show Bio

people are we forgetting the vikeings are biger stronger and armed with weapons and armor thousands of years into the future ? the forged steel of the Vikeings should cut the bronze like a hot knife thouge butter . more over the vikeings where taught to fight as a man where as the spartains are used to fighting as a unit.

the spartains are skilled but the vikeings edge out every other stat by a vast margen

Edge Vikings

#30 Posted by koshi_waza88 (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

the typical viking is much better armed than a spartan he is from a different age his armor and weapons made of iron or even steel skill seems to be the side of the Greeks trained professional soldiers vs a essentially a adventurer im not talking about feats of there strongest heros just the average viking vs spartan .. also one other things , spartans strength comes form team works and formations like the phalanx

#31 Posted by Killerwasp (8482 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_pie said:

Is this 300 movie version? cause these guys are stronger then the actual historical versions.

#32 Posted by Eisenfauste (10148 posts) - - Show Bio

Spartan

#33 Edited by Linestar (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lost_Rellik @mr_pie: Spartans are not bigger then vikings, not even close, lol. Vikings were the tallest people in the world of there time. Do research before pulling crap out of your @$$.

Anyway, just to clear that up, the vikings win handily. The axe totally negates the spartans shield (they would actually use the axe head to hook the shield and tear it away from there adversary, and is far more able to cut through a shield then a sword), they have better, stronger, more advanced armor and weapons, and as i stated before, were deff. bigger. Also this is a one v one, no armys, and the spartans were trained to fight together, and were actually terrible at one on one combat, relying more on stealth.

Viking roflstomp

#34 Posted by Leo-343 (9838 posts) - - Show Bio

Viking.

#35 Posted by Linestar (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol i like how the people who vote for vikings are the only ones also providing proof AND reasoning. Guess that says alot for how screwed the spartan is if they can even make a claim past "300 was a cool movie" (i said "cool", NOT good)