#1 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
#2 Posted by King Saturn (218336 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmmm.... I think Midnighter could beat certain versions of Spartan...
#3 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Hmmm.... I think Midnighter could beat certain versions of Spartan...
"

This is the classic version for the original Wildcats series.
#4 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Midnighter. I remember a Coda warrior beating Spartan at this level. Ripped his arm off.

#5 Posted by King Saturn (218336 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"I think Midnighter. I remember a Coda warrior beating Spartan at this level. Ripped his arm off."
Truth. I think Midnighter would win here as well... Midnighter has been able to beat the crap out of Cyborgs before... I dont think it would be any different for Spartan here
#6 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. Midnighter kill Spartan at every turn. With the high-quality of his enhancement, he even could prevent the download of his councious into a new body, ending Spartan permanently.

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (89534 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Hmmm.... I think Midnighter could beat certain versions of Spartan...
"
I agree.
Moderator Online
#8 Posted by comic_book_fan (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

spartan

#9 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (2082 posts) - - Show Bio

Spartan was never quite as strong as I thought he should have been.

#10 Edited by comic_book_fan (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

he is stronger faster and he thinks and reacts faster he will kill midnighter.

#11 Posted by Spartan101 (3373 posts) - - Show Bio

he is stronger faster and he thinks and reacts faster he will kill midnighter.

this

#12 Posted by comic_book_fan (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

spartan easily.

#13 Posted by comic_book_fan (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#14 Edited by Easternwind (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter, the batman people dont feel bad wanking. ( not saying for this thread necessarily )

#15 Posted by RisingBean (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter trashes classic Spartan.

#16 Edited by comic_book_fan (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: spartan could talk to midnighter's computer possibility shut it down he is stronger faster he could go in to stealth mode sneak up and break midnighter's neck or just blast him even early spartan would win this when he isn't jobbing to coda's to show that there very skilled.

#17 Posted by Eisenfauste (12239 posts) - - Show Bio

Spartan

#18 Posted by reaverlation (18474 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone loves Spartan

Also no cursing

#19 Edited by comic_book_fan (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: are you talking about me and where did i curse.

oh never mind i see my bad lol.

but he probably does win this.

#20 Posted by reaverlation (18474 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: You'll get better talks outta better people than me at this.

It was you btw ;)

#21 Posted by comic_book_fan (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: i am looking for a debate here but spartan has almost every advantage except for fighting skill and strategy and both of those are close and has some powers that might hinder mindighters only advantage.

he has range strength speed durability flight stealth and force fields and he can patch himself up and all of this is just spartan's original outdated body.

#22 Posted by RisingBean (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: spartan could talk to midnighter's computer possibility shut it down he is stronger faster he could go in to stealth mode sneak up and break midnighter's neck or just blast him even early spartan would win this when he isn't jobbing to coda's to show that there very skilled.

Midnighter probably blitzes him and kicks his head off before Spartan can do anything much less shutting down his battle computer. Spartan may or may not be stronger, never seen original bodies Spartan do anything particularly fast, and first gen Spartan got torn up pretty easily too. I truly think Midnighter can one shot him. Also Midnighter would tear the Coda apart too. If my memory serves he either beat Zealot outright or gave her a a great fight.

And if push comes to shove Midnighter just says "Door."

#23 Posted by comic_book_fan (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: the reason spartan lost to the coda was so they could show off his ability to take pain and his power to operate under pressure there are other issues where he fought several coda at once and owned them when angered.

he has been oneshotted by weaker opponents than midnighter weaker striking power any ways but all of those occasions were surprise attacks when ready he has beaten several coda one coda is a decent fight for midnighter he has a split record at fighting zealot.

spartan has battled 3 coda at once.

he can also multitask he can find a weakness in an opponent while concentrating on making sure the others get out alive at the same time.

he easily defeated 2 members of cyberforce while yelling out combat strategies to the others and has scanned advanced computers at the speed of light is what it said but i realise this is hyperbole but he scanned through insane amount of info and picked out what info they needed.

it is said he is a class 60 strength and can fly at 750 mph and thinks thousands of times faster than humans and can react several times faster i don't know the exact number there.

#24 Edited by RisingBean (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: I think @buckshot or @laflux can probably do more justice for Midnighter then I can. But I'm still not impressed by Spartan 1.0. I don't know what good his superior strength would be or his own combat computer would be able to do when Midnighter has already compensated using his own combat computer.

And I can't think of anyway he can deal with doors if Midnighter wanted to be cheap.

#25 Posted by comic_book_fan (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: midnighter has a combat computer spartan is a combat computer.

#26 Posted by comic_book_fan (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

and until they fight we don't know that midnighter's computer would work on spartan because it reads electrical pulses spartan having a computer brain the most advanced computer on the planet could probably block out midnighters or out react it making midnighter a step behind regardless.

#27 Edited by Buckshot (19356 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: You talked about Midnighter's record against Zealot and mentioned Spartan taking out multiple Coda as if these are equal. Zealot is better (by a large margin) than 99% of the Coda, so Spartan being able to take down a group of them doesn't equal him taking her. Spartan fighting Lady Kinnea is a more accurate representation of what would happen if he really fought someone on Zealots level, and even though he fought Kinnea with the most advanced body he has, he still ended that fight cut in half. Spartan's speed has never impressed, and that's much more important than his strength here. And while I agree that, like most robot characters or those who can heal, he gets physically damaged far more than he should just because the writers know they can put him back together again after, it's still a part of who he is and it goes to show how durable he is, and I think that's durability Midnighter could get through without much trouble. As for the idea that Midnighter might not be able to read him, I don't think that's even a concern. In his solo series Midnighter has an issue dedicated to showing off his combat computer and what does he kill in that story? A room full of cyborg killers. Earlier in the series he has to fight some other robots that could completely shut him down if they tagged him even one time and he kills them without trouble. I don't think there's anything to suggest Spartan's computer mind would slow him down. Also, there was a comment about Spartan going into stealth mode. Midnighter can detect holograms and similar deceptions.

#28 Posted by comic_book_fan (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot: but who made those robots there is a difference a regular cyborg and what has been described as the most advanced computer on earth countless times spartan's mind is a more advanced computer than midnighter's battle computer so until i see it work on a spartan or some other kherubim battle computer in fact the spartan's were the most advanced computer they have so there is a big question on weather or not i have no doubt you no more than me on the wild storm front i was just a fan of wildcats as a kid read most of the image run and just recently got back into wildcats and decided to back track i haven't read many issues after they left image but spartan was said to be the kherubim's most advanced computer on the planet so there is room for debate.

#29 Posted by comic_book_fan (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot: comparing random cyborgs to spartan is like me comparing the random coda to zealot spartan is the most advanced kherubim computer and is far more advanced than human tec and midnighter's computer is human tec i think there is a solid chance spartan out does him and spartan has tanked shots from majestic without real damage in world's end.

and that's without using his force field and i think he will edge this out.