• 53 results
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MKF30

Curious, what do you think is more powerful between the two? Who would win you think if you had someone with power to the max with Space & Time Manipulation vs someone with full power Reality Warping...  

or What's more powerful in your opinion Space & Time Manipulation vs. Reality Warping?

Discuss.

Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think reality warping .

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By capall

reality warping goes beyond space and time manipulation

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CosmicSpiral

They're almost the same damn thing. :?

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FLCL1
@capall said:
"reality warping goes beyond space and time manipulation "
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MKF30
@CosmicSpiral said:
"They're almost the same damn thing. :? "

That's what I was thinking in a way
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Supreme Marvel

You could create something out of nothing with Reality Warping.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By AtPhantom

Reality warping is Space/Time warping, plus much much more.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MKF30
@AtPhantom said:
"Reality warping is Space/Time warping, plus much much more. "

Do explain man, I'm totally listening :) because some people think it's similar, others totally different...I would think it depends maybe? I don't know lol kind of messes with your head.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AtPhantom
@MKF30 said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Do explain man, I'm totally listening :) because some people think it's similar, others totally different...I would think it depends maybe? I don't know lol kind of messes with your head. "
Basically space/time manipulation means you can manipulate the fabric of the universe. You can travel great distances, alter the passage of time, maybe travel through time, and so forth.

Reality manipulation allows you to alter the very laws of physics (and in extreme cases, the laws of logic as well), and then some. You can make stone become a living thing. You can turn people into ants. You can create matter. You can create a perpetual motion machine even though it's freaking impossible. Quite simply, reality warping means that normal rules no longer apply in any sense, and anything goes. You can literally make the impossible possible. 
council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By council elite

technically everything is part of space & time. Reality is only the way you perceive it.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123
@capall said:
" reality warping goes beyond space and time manipulation "
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MKF30
@AtPhantom said:
" @MKF30 said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Do explain man, I'm totally listening :) because some people think it's similar, others totally different...I would think it depends maybe? I don't know lol kind of messes with your head. "
Basically space/time manipulation means you can manipulate the fabric of the universe. You can travel great distances, alter the passage of time, maybe travel through time, and so forth.  Reality manipulation allows you to alter the very laws of physics (and in extreme cases, the laws of logic as well), and then some. You can make stone become a living thing. You can turn people into ants. You can create matter. You can create a perpetual motion machine even though it's freaking impossible. Quite simply, reality warping means that normal rules no longer apply in any sense, and anything goes. You can literally make the impossible possible.  "

Ahh I see, interesting write up.  I agree, reality warping I think definitely has the edge over time manipulation if you really break it down and think about it. I've noticed sometimes we see with various characters doing both or just one
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By capall
@MKF30:  
as a reality warper you can reshape matter/energy, create or alter life form, basically turn your thoughts into reality, it can bend time,space, as atphantom mentioned above the laws of physics don't apply to reality wapers since a reality warper can simply rewrite the laws of physics as to their own likings and desires
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Reality warping: Being able to bend the laws of physics and reality.
Time and space manipulating: Manipulating time and space while following the laws of physics and reality (to a point, anyway, since "laws" are never followed....)

That's my opinion on it.

Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd say reality

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MKF30

I hear ya Capall

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By D3athstroke
@council elite said:
" technically everything is part of space & time. Reality is only the way you perceive it. "
This 
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Primmaster64

toonforce...

Dark Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dark Zoom
@Primmaster64: wow u really must like that
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Neon_Nemesis

Don't space and time exist within reality?

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Primmaster64
@Dark Zoom: 
...I guess so..sorry...
VZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VZA

Reality warping is by far the greater power however without the opportunity or the TIME to use it... it's rendered useless.  Time manipulation wins.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AtPhantom

...Reality warping means you can warp time as well.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By capall2
@capall said:
"reality warping goes beyond space and time manipulation "
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fire Star

They are both powerful attributes, but with Reality Warping anything is really possible, in short, it's Time and Space Manipulation plus more...
MadMattJaspers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MadMattJaspers
@Supreme Marvel:   Not all the time.  MJJ always needed pre-existing reality to warp. 

A time warper could just go back in time and make it so a specific reality warper next exists.
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Skaddix

Reality Warping lets u do whatever at a high enough level.

Myst1que

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Myst1que

With reality warping you can basically do anything, there is no logic.

You can walk on walls, grow to massive size and rip a chunk of the sky off and then turn that into ice cream! You could personify anything, like turning time itself into a person (how the heck?!) You could do minor things like turn street lights into snakes and sewer drainage things into cakes... you could hack the pentagon, CIA, FBI etc just by thinking about it, and you could make yourself immortal by literally pushing yourself around the passage of time so you aren't affected, basically your only weakness is how imaginative and creative you can be!

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reality Warping. Time is a tricky power as it really depends on how it works as there are many different theories as to how time travel would really effect the world, my favorite is the loop.

"Person A goes back in time to kill Person B's mother before person B was ever born."

"Person A kills Person B's mother thus ensuring person B never existed."

"Because person B never existed, there is no reason for Person A to have gone back in time in the first place thus he never goes back in time and nothing changes."

"Because he never went back in time because the reason for it did not exist it renders his changes void and so Person B is still born. Person A then still goes back to kill Person B's mother and thus creates an infinite loop."

So.... if it is this theory, Time Travel is fairly worthless in the prospect of going backwards.

If it is the multiverse theory.. time travel is still fairly worthless as going back in time does not kill the person from your universe and all you did was kill the person from another universe.

So... really depends on how your 'universe' and 'time travel' works for it to be a viable power. Reality Warping doesn't have these restrictions. There is no 'If' about it. Depending on the power of the Reality Warper they can make Time Travel just not a thing because they act outside the boundaries of reality. Reality Warping is only limited by the users imagination.

In a fight between a Space/Time manipulator in a universe where his power would work and leave the changes he made without putting him in a loop vs a Reality Warper depends on who is the quicker draw. That said, I would prefer Reality Warping as it is a much, much more useful power.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reality warping.

Vinnie_Tahoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Delayed, but whatever.

Space-time manipulation = reality manipulation. This is like asking if a kettle is better than a pot even though they are essentially the same.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reality warping allows you to manipulate space and time and more.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Space & Time abilities couldn't you just freeze a reality warped in time to stop them from using their powers? Space/Time Vs Reality Warping is tricky dangerous territory.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reality is comprised of more than space and time, so logically reality warping > space and time manipulation

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Reality is comprised of more than space and time, so logically reality warping > space and time manipulation

Exactly.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

This battle is against the rules..... buuuuuut

I say reaility, because you can manipulate just about everything.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan said:

Exactly.

co-signed.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RW

PhotonTheorist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically Reality Warping is an "upgraded" form of Time and Space Manipulation since one can manipulate time and space in addition to a few other things.This really isnt a question since if there was a time and space manipulation user ,they would (with the right amount of training and time) eventually be able to warp reality.

Sungsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sungsam

Time and Space manipulation is not better or worse than Reality Warping, because Time and Space Manipulation IS Reality Warping, at least one of the many fields, methods and genres of Reality Warping.

Reality Warping is a broad umbrella for many powers that can go from minor powers that can only do as little as bending a spoon, teleporting people with thoughts, to manipulating boundaries, manipulating logic, manipulating truths and lies, removing things out of existence (which is so awfully common now), manipulating probability, retconning a 10 dimensional universe into becoming a 22 dimensional universe (yes, I read a fiction where a 10 dimensional reality warping god increased the size and dimension level of their Fiction's Omniverse, making it bigger and bigger to make for more space for the other 10D Gods) to straight up Nigh Omnipotence and then Omnipotence.

It's like asking Dog vs Labrador.

Inapplicable question, since Labradors are dogs and Space/Time manipulation is Reality Warping. And Time/Space manipulation are one of the many primary arsenals of a Fleshed Out, Jack of all Master of all, Reality Manipulators.

---------

But in the end, it depends on whose Broad Reality Warping vs whose Reality/Time restricted warping you're comparing to.

Every single fictionverse has their own interpretation of how Reality Manipulation or Space/Time Manipulation works btw. And how powerful it is. And then there are many variations of the triggering mechanics, limit mechanics and need mechanics of a power.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reality warping = space manipulation. Space means matter energy etc. Reaity is exactly that. So time and space > reality warping, because reality warpers do not by definition warp time.

Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Psy4

Reality is the most abstract of whatever concepts an author decides regardless of their level of understanding. Space and time are both less abstract and encompassed within reality, so reality warping takes precedent.

I prefer when authors stay away from reality manipulation for the most part because not enough actually have a good knowledge/imagination ratio to know what to do with it script-wise and it encourages the highest levels of pis/cis within characters.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reality warping is the Ultimate ability.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mister_Surreal

It depends on the tier of the powers themelsves, but reality warping is basically just better space-time manipulation since it also includes matter and energy warping.

Buglelover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atphantom: so if u are going by that term then reality warping is able make u travel through time and do much more things that is more impossible than u can ever think

TOPAZZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are they not interchangeable?

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reality Warping gives you control time, space, matter, energy, dimensions and concepts. So RW has those 2 and more.