#1 Edited by Inphase (329 posts) - - Show Bio

A battle between two of the coolest forces in RTS history, who wins?

#2 Posted by Inphase (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody? Guess these guys are a little to old to catch anyone's interest.

#3 Posted by Stompa (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

Well with fraktion of terrans and at what time do you mean? All terran marines or just Mensk´s? With all vehicels or just manpower?

#4 Posted by Mekboy (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

SM. Easily.

#5 Posted by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

The 40k Marines stomp easily.

Fun fact is that Starcraft was actually meant to be a 40k game but the license got revoked. Blizzard not wanting to scrap their already half-finished game quickly changed the in-game characters a little so they wouldn't get sued by 40k when they released it. This why the Terran = Space Marines, Protoss = Eldar and the Zerg = Tyranids. These races are just minimally modified versions of 40k ones so they wouldn't get sued lol. Hence why they bare such a huge resemblance to 40k.

#6 Posted by Stompa (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Sure with same numbers 40k kicks their asses six days to sunday but depending on the OP and how many more terrans and vehicles are in the field a win for SC isn´t impossible i would say.

#7 Posted by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa: Well unless i'm mistaken in lore their are less Terran than Space Marines anyway. Need the OP to clarify a bit more.

#8 Posted by The_Imperator (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

How many Space Marines? What chapters?

#9 Posted by jpgreat1 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

The 40k Marines stomp easily.

Fun fact is that Starcraft was actually meant to be a 40k game but the license got revoked. Blizzard not wanting to scrap their already half-finished game quickly changed the in-game characters a little so they wouldn't get sued by 40k when they released it. This why the Terran = Space Marines, Protoss = Eldar and the Zerg = Tyranids. These races are just minimally modified versions of 40k ones so they wouldn't get sued lol. Hence why they bare such a huge resemblance to 40k.

Thats actually a fallacy,

yes gameswork shop was working with Blizzard when developing Warcraft originally but dropped them because they did not like where the storyline WAS going. Orcs from a different dimension and such... Starcraft came way way WAY later... originally Starcraft was suppose to be a third person shooter/diablo game were the terran marauders were psuedo space confederates and protoss were vampric pyschic beings which produce xenomorphs from the movie aliens and not tryanids.

Blizzard did a podcast about this a few years back and explained it like how they got the name Sarah Kerrigan from the skaters...

You just generalized

but to answer the OP question, space marines in almost everyway possible is stronger then the Terran. Remember Space Marines are super humans while Terran's are brain-wiped criminials with preformance enhancing drugs.

#10 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jpgreat1: whatever, I read to that Star Craft was a 40K game half finish. So I am incline to believe that when myself and 40 other people read the same game article.

#11 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is here!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#12 Posted by jpgreat1 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@jpgreat1: whatever, I read to that Star Craft was a 40K game half finish. So I am incline to believe that when myself and 40 other people read the same game article.

ad populism - a belief just because many people believe it makes it true. Still a fallacy

I think blizzard's podcasts are still up, I'm at work so blizzard.com is blocked for me but look it up. And look up when GW and Blizzard went seperate ways... it was right when warcraft 2 went into development.

#13 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jpgreat1 said:

@cadencev2 said:

ad populism - a belief just because many people believe it makes it true. Still a fallacy

I think blizzard's podcasts are still up, I'm at work so blizzard.com is blocked for me but look it up. And look up when GW and Blizzard went seperate ways... it was right when warcraft 2 went into development.

i will check it out then.

#14 Posted by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio

Space Marines.

#15 Posted by Pierpat (2671 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, my avatar means nothink, but 40k stomps.They are better without armour, and theire armour is better.

And they have better training, weapons, and psionic powers.