Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Marneus, Dante and Vorn were tense.

The decision had been made.

This will be the last march of the ents Space Marines.

Round 1:

A ground battle between:

The unified forces of the 40k loyalist space marines(It's 1000 chapters, not only the ones in the image, we include Grey knights even if the enemies are not Daemons):

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The military forces of the covenant(including elites).

On an enormous(10 times earth, same gravity, great variety of landscapes and weather) indestructible planet.

Round 2:

The whole unified loyalist space marine fleet:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The covenant's empire fleet.

Round 3:

A standard tactical space marine, with a bolter,grenades, a bolt pistol and a combat blade:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

A standard Elite, with a covenant carabine and a energy sword.

Round 4:

A space marine scout(with a bolt pistol,grenades and a combat blade):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

A standard halo Brute with a spiker and spike grenades.

Round 5:

Captain titus, with a power axe, bolter,bolt pistol,jetpack and grenades:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

A hunter.

So, in this clash of titans, who takes witch round?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I don't know shit about WH40k, but these pictures are awesome and deserving of a bump.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know shit about WH40k, but these pictures are awesome and deserving of a bump.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat:

Im going to assume that the Covante can flied all of their collective military might into round1 (all of their ground forces from across their empire ) The covante has a chance to win here as they are fielding incalculable numbers of solder and equipment onto the battlefield and they are all wielding plasma wepons which can hurt the SM's it will be a long and bloody battle and the Covantent will likely lose half of their ground forces and win a pyrrhic victory over the SM's

round 2 if the Covantent wins here which is dicey at best it is only again because of their numbers and more reliable FTL

Rounds 3 and 4 are mismatches of epic proportions you will need to give them each a good sized squad to make it fair

round 5 if you give the hunter it's brood mate and put it OOC ( make it smarter) they can pullout a win here just barley with the gear you gave Titus

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@pierpat: Are we including pre-Heresy numbers? and are we also including the Legion Of The Damned?

Undead flaming Space Marines = Boss!

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks bro

@pierpat: Are we including pre-Heresy numbers? and are we also including the Legion Of The Damned?

No and no.

For the first i've even specified the forces of the 40k SM, Legions are 29-30-31k.

For the seconds nah, they're too random and unreliable to be considered a fighting force.

@pierpat:

Im going to assume that the Covante can flied all of their collective military might into round1 (all of their ground forces from across their empire ) The covante has a chance to win here as they are fielding incalculable numbers of solder and equipment onto the battlefield and they are all wielding plasma wepons which can hurt the SM's it will be a long and bloody battle and the Covantent will likely lose half of their ground forces and win a pyrrhic victory over the SM's

round 2 if the Covantent wins here which is dicey at best it is only again because of their numbers and more reliable FTL

Rounds 3 and 4 are mismatches of epic proportions you will need to give them each a good sized squad to make it fair

round 5 if you give the hunter it's brood mate and put it OOC ( make it smarter) they can pullout a win here just barley with the gear you gave Titus

How are rounds 3 and 4 mismatches, and if they are, who's surely winning?

Using the battle callout phonebook:

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Not sure about the other rounds but the Elite and Brute get stomped. Hunter has a chance.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure about the other rounds but the Elite and Brute get stomped. Hunter has a chance.

I'm not the greatest Halo expert, but i knew that an Elite was >> a spartan........

And,even if i always thought a SM was superior(i am one great 40k fan tough), on this board Spartan vs SM was often debated and not that clear.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

I'm not the greatest Halo expert, but i knew that an Elite was >> a spartan........

And,even if i always thought a SM was superior(i am one great 40k fan tough), on this board Spartan vs SM was often debated and not that clear.

SPARTAN-II > Elites

SPARTAN-III = Elites.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cjdavis103

@pierpat: the elite at best is a one toner with bullet timeing the SM is 5 tonner with FTL reactions And armed with much better wepons and a common elite is fodder to a spartin who in turn is vastly invior to a SM

The brut is just fodder

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pierpat

@pierpat said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

SPARTAN-II > Elites

SPARTAN-III = Elites.

Nice to know, the more I learn.

Well, then the Tactical does stomp him.

@pierpat: the elite at best is a one toner with bullet timeing the SM is 5 tonner with FTL reactions And armed with much better wepons and a common elite is fodder to a spartin who in turn is vastly invior to a SM

The brut is just fodder

God, i am one 40k fanboy, but saying that the average SM has FTL reactions is exaggerated.

Fine, I've overvalued Halo's footsoldiers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: It's kind of hard to really determine 40k and Halo in a match-up. SPARTAN-III's and ordinary Covenant infantry would pretty much get stomped. SPARTAN-II's can hold their own and possibly win against some of the Spare Marines, while Forerunners would stomp.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: on army combat the covant still wins and the hunters have a shot

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: It's kind of hard to really determine 40k and Halo in a match-up. SPARTAN-III's and ordinary Covenant infantry would pretty much get stomped. SPARTAN-II's can hold their own and possibly win against some of the Spare Marines, while Forerunners would stomp.

Yep, the only good debates i find possible are:

Unsc Vs Tau

War in Heavens Necron vs Forerunners

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space Marines should be able to take most of the ground combat, and their ships should be able to win any slugging match. Going to give it to them most rounds, though there's a better chance for the Covenant in the fleet battle, since they have better and more reliable FTL on average.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_imperator: the covante has an enormous numerical advantage thoughe if this is the entirety of their army which could pretty much cover the planet before adding in their vehicles they can take the army combat IMO

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Space Marines, though, could slog through most of what the convenant could throw at it, and Librarians are a massive OOCP for the Covenant. Giant armor wearing guys who can seemingly rip holes in sapce/time with a wave of their hands, or fry scores of soldiers brains, or send out waves of lightning from their finger tips, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

All rounds will probably go to the spacemarines. Except for round 2.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cjdavis103

@the_imperator: I would like to see a SM shug off a hit from a scarb or a hunter main gun

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pokergeist
Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: so an iron halo can stop Titan fire now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: would it matter? thats f*cking 1000 chapters LOL thats like a billion men right there XD

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By jwwprod  Online

Space Marines.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

Vs 100s of billions of each race

the Space marines are more than a bit out numbered here and plasma weapons are effective against SM armor could a single space marine put down a dozen elites sure, 2 dozen elites a dozen coordinated snipers 10 Brutes with gravity hamers 50 Grunts with armor jamming pistols and Plasma missile launchers? not nearly as likely

not to mention the cov have a Huge array of vehicles that they can drop down including the scarbe ( and the SM's do not have fighters or Titains)

All the Cov vs the space marines will end with a huge portion of the covanint dead but they will be victorious or at the very least they take the space marines down with them

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: true i understand this if u see any covie vs something thread u will see my arguing for the covie, but you gotta remember even the most basic space marine is at a spartan 2's level and armed with weapons that are way more powerful than the UNSC ( which i hate the makers of halo for that i wish they at least upped the damage out put for the UNSC on their army ). With that said Space Marine chapters not only have elites within the elites, but this also includes the 11 ( they always say half but it really wasnt it was 11 vs 9 ) of the original space marine chapters, which in turn puts them at an extremely high number, not even the black crusade has this high of number and we know how powerful Chaos is. On top of that if its an all out fight, the imperial navy would most likely win. We also got to consider their plasma is sadly ( and it kills me i argue this all the time ) more powerful then the covenant's as well If the covenant's plasma can do what it can do ( hand weapons alone ) then imagine something like 1000x better. The downside is that its not common, it does have its back firers, and that its not able to shoot as far per say than like that of the other IoM weapons. Don't get me wrong here elites are strong and people underestimate their strength Mc on plenty of occasions has struggled with them in hand to hand fighting including the strength factor. I just don't see the Covenant winning as much, because yes the covenant weapons could hurt them, but we all know eldar weapons are superior and even then their weapons have trouble putting them down ( the mooks even ). Furthermore the SM do got a navy, in fact some like the black templars is all they got, they don't got a home world, they just got crusader fleets and live ships 24/7 (unless in battle on the ground ), and we know they carry pyskers as well which are also pretty powerful. Anyway just thoughts is all i understand, but on here the covies are not as low balled as they are on factpile i almost just exploded on that site from all the low balls thrown around.

Thoughts on this battle though? http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/imperium-of-man-vs-alien-alliance-1572753/?page=1

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cjdavis103

@killerwasp:

the thing is the SM's are just as you say elites they are the spec ops not the rank and file of the Imperium they do not fight large scale wars with out back up from the navy, the titain corps , and of course the Higly underrated guardsmen. their navy is Hilariously out numbered and the Cov by the end of the war used captured UNSC AI so they can hack the Imperium battle network with relative ease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Well see i was talking about this before with a certain someone, even though the SM navy is out matched they carry the ships required to put others to shame, they carry the capital ships the fortress ships the ships lay waste to planets. Anyway i'm just saying when u got a tons of elites vs tons of regular troops u aint gonna most likely win. If there were lets say a billion spartan 2's and stuff, would the covenant lose? My guess would be yes just look at all the PIS the few spartans did, as i've said before i hate/love MC, i love MC cause he isn't a cocky some of a b*tch and he aint this "noble/good good/boyscout" hero. He's the person that just wants to get the job done no matter what. The way he is in the books is great his thinking, his tactics, his strategies, etc. However, i hate him i hate his whole i carry these weapons and these weapons are super duper good against a race that has literally had a few centuries ( not decades not years ), but a few centuries ahead of humanity, i hate how he can solo entire squads of covie troops like its a dang cake walk. Anyway point is Yes the SM are just that the elite, the problem is with that many space marines in one area its bound to be a slaughter, not even the mighty waaaghs of orks could stop it, or eldar craft worlds ( besides a few selected characters ), or even the tyranids. Anyway i understand what your saying and stuff its just i see the SM's winning with all their chapter masters with all this bs feats that still count, with all their stupid weapons/armor coming up. If u want feel free to prove me wrong i'd love to be wrong, but from what i've known the covenant aint winning, not on this guy's terms i mean he picked a storm covenant elite vs a SM it should of at least been a Actual Covenant elite he mite of stood a better chance.

john_7547

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By john_7547

I am actually not going to argue with anything on here .. but I will give some information on the Hunters , To start with the Hunter form is the smallest form of the worm colony species that makes up the Hunters .. they can grow to be larger than a scarab.. maybe even the size of a emperor class titan and the scarab its self is a heavily armored form of Hunter technically as the worms are the drivers of the scarab internally. well here are a few good pics of the hunter to show how big they can get...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That's how large they can get btw the elite with the energy sword that is probably craping his pants is an arbiter before the current arbiter. That arbiter is about 9ft tall for a height reference to just how big that hunter is.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jwwprod  Online

Space Marines should win most rounds (if not nearly all rounds) though the Covenant does out number them by a large amount so the Covenant should win be able to win in an all out war.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

Space Marines should win most rounds (if not nearly all rounds) though the Covenant does out number them by a large amount so the Covenant should win be able to win in an all out war.

Yes Master chief solos the covenant. How are they beating 1 million superior versions of MC?

john_7547

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By john_7547

@jwwprod: depends the fact that the Covenant out number the Space Marines, and the fact that they don't care about how many they lose in a battle means the Space Marines can and in most cases likely will get over ran by the Covenant. The same thing happened to humans in halo. The Grunts alone outnumber the entire Imperial Guard trillions to one that's the kind of numbers the Space Marines have to deal with and the Grunts breed like crazy , have large numbers of offspring's , develop motor skills early having short childhoods thus are ready for combat within months every grunt that dies is almost instantly replaced by its own offspring. The Covenant use this vary well in attrition wars. The Spartans only did enough damage to the Covenant through special forces action behind enemy lines to cause the covenant to fall apart even the great UNSC hero Master Chief wasn't a front line soldier he was Spec ops assigned to assassination missions, sabotage mission, etc. The most notable time the Spartans were used as frontline troops was Reach and most of them died defending the planet. Of course there is always a chance the Space Marines manage to win a tactical victory but at great cost of Battle Brothers lives. This is what reach was for the Spartans they held the Covenant there for as long as they could allowing for Earth to prepare defenses. in essence the Space Marines if they stand and fight like normal infantry will face the same faith as the Spartans did on Reach. Most will probably die but a few will undoubtedly survive to fight another day.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_7547: They do not 'grow' bigger. It requires a larger swarm, so no, a normal hunter cannot simply 'grow' to be the size of the scarab without outside assistance and doing so from aid from an outside source would no longer make it a Hunter and thus no longer be applicable.

Getting the size of titans is difficult, especially for the bigger ones, since they tend to vary from less than 50 meters to 300 meters and everywhere in between because 40k is 40k. Like the crazy 'hundreds of meter' tall warlord is too large for Tau stealthteams to jump off the skyscrapers to get on as they did the Reaver before it. So... yeah.. getting 'height' details for 40k is hard.

Height isn't really an issue as Titus charged a transforming daemon prince without fear... and you know, SPACE MARINES! with their 'we shall know no fear' stuff also tends to help.

If Captain Titus doesn't have his Iron Halo here, there is, indeed, a chance that the Hunter could beat him if he lands a direct hit, but given a Space Marines reflexes, speed, and durability taken into account that he has a Poweraxe and Jumppack... The Hunter could kill Titus, but it is more likely Titus will get up close and take it to pieces with the poweraxe.

Again, without an Iron Halo, the Hunter could, potentially, win, but the odds are heavily against it.

john_7547

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By john_7547

@wut: The worm colony breeds through a unknown process "as no one in there right mind would get close enough to them to find out how". Thus produces more worms that's how the colony grow's. and those examples were of the biggest known hunter forms the things in the movie Halo: Nightfall that look like a giant swarm of worms are a form of the Lekgolo which is the species that makes up hunter colonies.. The form in the movie are called Thanolekgolo and are a type of meta colony that are particularly sensitive to technology due to the Lekgolo's ability to detect various forms of disturbances in the air to include magnetic fields, radio waves and electromagnetic pulses from considerable distances. They could also sense movement and are vary nimble and fast both by themselves as well as in some of their gestalt forms. ie hunters.

They are also capable of changing into & out of different colony assemblages, Ie that team of hunters decide that they need a larger form they reassemble into a super size hunter or if they decide to go into their Thanolekgolo form they can do that to.. at one point in the movie they imitated the form of one of the members of the group that had been killed by them, in an attempt to draw the others out. That makes these worm bastards extremely intelligent and hard as hell to kill.

Btw the size they can get to depends on the colonies size in general but its not impossible as the above shows for them to get to the size of a titan .. btw against a hunters the size of the ones in the third picture down it would take more than a power axe swing to kill it .. remember the Hunter is still alive until all the worms are dead because they can reform & change forms as necessary and just like any other colony species killing a few with an axe won't stop the them or even slow them down if anything the Lekgolo colony might eat the Captain Titus if he even gets close enough to use the power axe which is unlikely since the Lekgolo would know he is there even before he starts to attack them. The best way to kill the Lekgolo colony in any form is high explosives. A power axe or anything that doesn't cause massive trauma to the entire colony will only piss them off. and the last place Captain Titus or anyone in their right mind would want to be is close quarters with a 10,000lbs plus hunter that is pissed off. It already doesn't want him in the area much less close to it. pissing it off would only lead to a vary brutal death.. btw did you forget the fact that hunters armor is starship grade not normal infantry or even power armor grade but much more stronger than that..

If Captain Titus hits the Hunters shield he is screwed as the hunters aren't going to stand there and let him have another swing.. they will probably crush him then shot him with super heated plasma in he face melting him into a puddle.

Btw the technology of Captain Titus's armor & power weapons would likely attract the Thanolekgolo form that would eat him and the technology he is using. The Lekgolo feed on metals & technologies. so power armor = food to them they will kill captain Titus to get it.

Especially in a first contact situation since there is vary little chance that captain Titus could or even would try to sneak up on a pair of hunters since he is an ultramarine & even if he tried that armor of his would give him away. Thus if he is the first Space Marine to encounter hunters than he is pretty screwed using standard codex attack options. beating a hunter requires taking the codex and throwing it out the window ie thinking outside the box. which he has done but is rare for an ultramarine as they tend to strictly follow the codex.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_7547: Its funny, Master Chief never suffered any of these problems, but over a million better versions will? Right......

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. The Covenant get absolutely annihilated. Complete stomp here.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wut

@john_7547: The worm colony breeds through a unknown process "as no one in there right mind would get close enough to them to find out how". Thus produces more worms that's how the colony grow's. and those examples were of the biggest known hunter forms the things in the movie Halo: Nightfall that look like a giant swarm of worms are a form of the Lekgolo which is the species that makes up hunter colonies.. The form in the movie are called Thanolekgolo and are a type of meta colony that are particularly sensitive to technology due to the Lekgolo's ability to detect various forms of disturbances in the air to include magnetic fields, radio waves and electromagnetic pulses from considerable distances. They could also sense movement and are vary nimble and fast both by themselves as well as in some of their gestalt forms. ie hunters.

And, of course, I am sure you have proof of a Hunter spontaneously growing in the middle of a fight without outside assistance? Because, if not, this paragraph was entirely irrelevant.

They are also capable of changing into & out of different colony assemblages, Ie that team of hunters decide that they need a larger form they reassemble into a super size hunter or if they decide to go into their Thanolekgolo form they can do that to.. at one point in the movie they imitated the form of one of the members of the group that had been killed by them, in an attempt to draw the others out. That makes these worm bastards extremely intelligent and hard as hell to kill.

Which, again, irrelevant, there is only a single hunter fighting Titus.

Btw the size they can get to depends on the colonies size in general but its not impossible as the above shows for them to get to the size of a titan .. btw against a hunters the size of the ones in the third picture down it would take more than a power axe swing to kill it .. remember the Hunter is still alive until all the worms are dead because they can reform & change forms as necessary and just like any other colony species killing a few with an axe won't stop the them or even slow them down if anything the Lekgolo colony might eat the Captain Titus if he even gets close enough to use the power axe which is unlikely since the Lekgolo would know he is there even before he starts to attack them. The best way to kill the Lekgolo colony in any form is high explosives. A power axe or anything that doesn't cause massive trauma to the entire colony will only piss them off. and the last place Captain Titus or anyone in their right mind would want to be is close quarters with a 10,000lbs plus hunter that is pissed off. It already doesn't want him in the area much less close to it. pissing it off would only lead to a vary brutal death.. btw did you forget the fact that hunters armor is starship grade not normal infantry or even power armor grade but much more stronger than that..

Space Marines go up against Chaos Space Marines that can flip over 38 ton chimeras on their roofs (Spartan's flipping tanks is gameplay and not lore), said Space Marines can parry and deflect said blows, this is ignoring that a Space Marine is faster than a Spartan, stronger, more durable, and is vastly more skilled. Titus even more so, so, um, yes, a Space Marine will take a Hunter apart in hand to hand like it is a bumbling child as Space Marines have done to Ogryn.

A Power Axe would do just fine as the worms try to reform, guess what? They have a guy still hacking at it, said guy can fight for days without sleep and laughs at things like 'exhaustion', this is, assuming, the he doesn't merely stick a grenade, which he has, inside of it once he has torn its armor to shreds.

You... don't know much about Poweraxes do you? If you think Hunter armor is standing up to a poweraxe... that is adorable.

If Captain Titus hits the Hunters shield he is screwed as the hunters aren't going to stand there and let him have another swing.. they will probably crush him then shot him with super heated plasma in he face melting him into a puddle.

If he hits the shield, he shears through it. Power Weapons separate matter at a molecular level than cause it to explode, so yes, that shield might as well be wet tissue paper to the Axe. If you think a slow hunter is going to be able to bring its gun to bear on a Space Marine, considering Master Chief was able to regain his footing, run on top of the Hunter, all before the Hunter had time to turn and shoot him, and considering a Space Marine is faster than Master Chief, well, delusions are lovely to have, I suppose.

Btw the technology of Captain Titus's armor & power weapons would likely attract the Thanolekgolo form that would eat him and the technology he is using. The Lekgolo feed on metals & technologies. so power armor = food to them they will kill captain Titus to get it.

Right, just like they do to Tanks, or Vehicles, or Spartans, Or... wait... no, they never did that. Try again. A very specific swarm on a Halo Ring did that which, we can infer, very well could have been messed with via Forerunner tech, given that all other Hunters never do the same, to assume they can whilst never doing the same despite having faced a human people that has used technology is wrong.

Especially in a first contact situation since there is vary little chance that captain Titus could or even would try to sneak up on a pair of hunters since he is an ultramarine & even if he tried that armor of his would give him away. Thus if he is the first Space Marine to encounter hunters than he is pretty screwed using standard codex attack options. beating a hunter requires taking the codex and throwing it out the window ie thinking outside the box. which he has done but is rare for an ultramarine as they tend to strictly follow the codex.

First off, it is a single Hunter.

Secondly, you haven't read many Ultramarine novels have you? The Ultramarines stealthed their way through a Necron tombworld just fine.

Thirdly, no, it wouldn't. Have you ever heard of guys like Raven Guard? Alpha Legion? Totally ignoring the Ultramarines sneaking through a Necron Tombworld? Yeah, no, Space Marines are incredibly sneaky when they desire to be, usually, this isn't necessary, so they don't bother.

Fourthly, you don't know crap about Titus do you? He is rather renown for seeing the 'codex' as a rough guide and not a bible to be blindly adhered to, Jesus, that is what caused him to have friction with one of his newer marines because they were a blind zealot.

Finally, no, thinking outside of the box is what Titus does. He does it in the FIRST FIVE MINUTES OF THE GAME.

john_7547

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By john_7547

@killerwasp: Um the Space Marines 1000 chapters each have 1000 Space Marines which equals a total of 1,000,000 Space Marines just so you know. The Covenant have quadrillions of troops in total. So attrition will likely go to them. However if the Space Marines do the smart thing and throw the codex out the window and adopt new tactics .. to be exact similar tactics to how Spartans broke the Covenant by forcing them into fighting each other through what we call asymmetrical warfare or guerrilla warfare as the UNSC & Spartans were outnumbered and out armed through most if not the entire human-covenant war. The Space Marines are outnumbered by the Covenant and out armed by the numbers of Covenant in the fight most of which use plasma weapons which in 40k is as dangerous to the user as it is the enemy. This warrants the Space Marines to either adapt or die there is no third option when fighting the religious zealots of the Covenant military. They could win but would be required to make hard choices like dropping the codex for more practical combat tactics against a numerically superior enemy with plasma weapons.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wut

@john_7547: Wrong. Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Black Templar, and Space Wolves do not follow the codex and have more than 1,000 members.

Many chapters, such as Raven Guard, Blood Angels, etc, only follow the codex in how their 'chapter' is arranged into 10, 100 man units. Raven Guard are the lords of guerrilla warfare.

Most chapters do not follow the codex blindly, in fact, very, very few do. Not even the Ultramarines do as they adapted and changed their tactics against the Tyranids because the Codex couldn't predict what they were doing.

EDIT: Oh, god, if you think Covenant Plasma is even near to the same level of Imperium Plasma then...

No Caption Provided

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@john_7547: Wrong. Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Black Templar, and Space Wolves do not follow the codex and have more than 1,000 members.

Many chapters, such as Raven Guard, Blood Angels, etc, only follow the codex in how their 'chapter' is arranged into 10, 100 man units. Raven Guard are the lords of guerrilla warfare.

Most chapters do not follow the codex blindly, in fact, very, very few do. Not even the Ultramarines do as they adapted and changed their tactics against the Tyranids because the Codex couldn't predict what they were doing.

EDIT: Oh, god, if you think Covenant Plasma is even near to the same level of Imperium Plasma then...

No Caption Provided

Its pathetic right.... Halo fans. I mean really.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: There are a lot of halo fans that are good debaters, Killer and Eisen, among them, but what irks me isn't that he thinks Halo will win, I have no problems with that, everyone has their own opinions; it is the severe lack of knowledge at 40k that ruffles my jimmies.

I blame Dawn of War.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@wut said:

@sirfizzwhizz: There are a lot of halo fans that are good debaters, Killer and Eisen, among them, but what irks me isn't that he thinks Halo will win, I have no problems with that, everyone has their own opinions; it is the severe lack of knowledge at 40k that ruffles my jimmies.

I blame Dawn of War.

I find Halo as the most overate Sci Fi in comicvine. Master Chief beating Spider Man? Wolverine? Iron man even? I seen the older one people argued him winning vs Vader. Its pathetic.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wut

@sirfizzwhizz: Agreed, MC debaters tend to go full derp with it. Spider-Man would paste Master Chief.

That is because his plot shields protect him from the power of the Dark Side!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_7547: lol do u not think I don't know who he phucking covenant is? Lol @wut man some people just think I'm some random retard tht doesn't know jack flap jacks about halo let alone the covenant argh lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: also force doesn't exist in the halo universe so chief one shots >:) xD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: That doesn't work and you know it! *points angrily* JUDAS!

Lol I wouldn't worry too much since he thinks covenant plasma is in the same ballpark as Imperium. (Blowing off limbs =/= Vaporizing someone).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: yep only rod fuel guns are the only handheld weapon that is able to vaporize or well vaporize multiple people for hand held weapons

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wut

Just so we end this quickly, I am going to post some quotes so that John can see the full power of a fully operational Imperium Plasma gun!

"With the brilliance of a sun-flare, Grimaldus’s plasma pistol disintegrated two of the climbing beasts, letting their burning skeletal remains tumble in pieces back into the horde." - Pg.279 Helsreach

One shot, disintegrated two targets. From a plasma pistol.

"My crozius kills one. A kick to the sternum sends another staggering back long enough for me to bring the maul down on his head. A third is claimed by plasma fire, tumbling back as a blur of white-hot flame. Stinging ash, all that remains of the wretched alien, blasts back into the eyes of its bestial comrades." - Pg.411 Helsreach

Another plasma shot this time turning an Ork to ash.

"To his left, Barbelo’s pistol hissed as it discharged, sending a flickering plasma round down the corridor. The barricade exploded in a blue flash as Barbelo’s shot struck home. Men screamed as superheated shrapnel perforated their bodies. Others were luckier, dying instantly as the round liquefied them." - Pg.9 H&Bo 15 - Beneath the Flesh

All the Plasma Pistols, all the days. Strikes the barricade, super heating it and blowing it up sending superheated shrapnel into people and out right liquefying other people.

The plasma round burnt through the air to melt the wall where his head had been an instant before. The man fired again. ‘In the name of–’ Barbelo, dodged left and fired, his round vaporising the man’s head and shoulders before the traitor could finish his sentence. ‘We will not hear the name of your heathen god, heretic,’ Barbelo fired again; his plasma round obliterating what remained of the treacherous commissar’s corpse in a crackle of blue energy. ‘Sanctum secure." - Pg.18 H&B 15 - Beneath the Flesh

Vaporizing heads, shoulders, knees and toes. Plasma... Pistols #MasterPistol

"Growling, he fired a plasma round into his attacker’s leering helm, vaporising the Chaos Space Marine’s head and torso." - Pg.10 H&B 16

Not only punching through the armor, but vaporizing their head and torso (not to mention all that power armor with it.)

"I'd barely taken a couple of steps inside when I noticed Drumon in the middle of the chamber, surrounded by whirling cyberskulls, which he was fending off with the sword I'd noticed him wearing in the bunker under the palace in Fidelis, his plasma pistol gripped in his other hand. The blade was surrounded by a nimbus of crackling energy, like the claws I'd seen the Terminators use to tear apart the insurrectionist artillery pieces, although he must have moderated its strength in some way, as the tiny airborne servitors simply bounced away from each strike as though dazed by the impact rather than being sheared asunder. In a similar fashion, his plasma pistol had evidently been modified to unleash the merest fraction of its charge, as instead of being vaporised, each of the bobbing skulls he shot was only thrown aside for a moment, before returning to the attack." Pg.243 The Emperors Finest

Plasma pistols (and power weapons) can be changed to lower their charge and damage.

"Dal Karus kept the weapon as steady as its shaking power cells would allow. The timing had to be perfect: the weapon needed to be at full charge, and he could not fire unprovoked. This must bear at least some pretence of a righteous execution, not a murder.

Acknowledgment runes chimed on his retinal display, as the members of Third Claw signaled their decision. Garisath must have seen the same, or else surrendered to his frustrations, for he gave a blurt of shrieking vox from his mouth grille and leapt forward. Dal Karus squeezed the trigger, and released the contained force of a newborn sun from the mouth of his pistol.

Afterwards, when sight had returned to each of them, they stood motionless in their communal chamber. Each warrior’s armour was dusted with a fine layer of ash: all that remained of Garisath after the blinding flash of plasma release.

“You made your point.” Harugan growled his disapproval, and even the smallest movement—a gesture towards Dal Karus’ weapon—sent dust powdering off his armour plating. “Nothing left to salvage now.” - Pg.72 Blood Reaver

Full power blast (so, proof their charge can be raised) turning a Space Marine (and his power armor) to ash and showering the room in it.

"Two Raven Guard backed into the stairwell beneath, one blazing with his bolter, the other sending a stream of burning promethium from his flamer at some unseen enemy in the main gatehouse.

Alpharius leveled his bolter and opened fire, cutting down the legionary with the flamer. His companion turned in surprise, weapon lifting towards Alpharius. Before he could fire, a ball of plasma screamed through the doorway, exploding against his left side, incinerating half of his body in an instant." - Pg.122 Deliverance Lost

Incinerating half of a Space Marine instantly.

"Leonid screamed himself hoarse at the traitors within, skidding to a halt less than ten meters from the rear of the tank and raising Corde's plasma gun.

He squeezed the trigger twice in quick succession, sending bolts of white-hot plasma energy towards the tank. The shots impacted squarely on the thin rear armour and punched through it easily, instantaneously igniting the tank's fuel and ammo. The tank exploded in a red fireball, the turret buckling from the pressure of internal detonations. The Shockwave swatted Leonid down, his chest searing in pain as he fell. " - Pg.252 Storm of Iron

Plasma Gun penetrating and killing a Leman Russ.

No Caption Provided

@killerwasp: Indeed. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: awww shit lol xD rekted xD iirc las guns at full charge can vaporize as well can't they?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wut

@killerwasp: Not that I know of. They are more 'cause body part to explode' more than vaporize. I can dig around if you want.