Space Marine (Warhammer 40k) vs Prophet (Crysis 3)

• 58 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Space Marine (Captain)

No Caption Provided

VS

Prophet

No Caption Provided

Rules:

Standart weapons for Captain. All Crysis 3 weapons for Prophet

Morals are off

No prep

Day

No Caption Provided

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weaponry given to both?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: "All weapons and abilities" space marine uses a rocket launching plasma firing repeat sniper bolter and one shots Prophet lol XD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Was kinda hoping for a limit you know? I mean... nothing is to stop the Space Marine from walking around with a Lascannon or popping vortex grenade. Even the mookiest Space Marine can fight wayyyyy above his weight class with vortex grenades.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

Weaponry given to both?

Imperial weapons for Captain and human or ceph weapons for Prophet.

@killerwasp said:

@wut: "All weapons and abilities" space marine uses a rocket launching plasma firing repeat sniper bolter and one shots Prophet lol XD

Prophet can use energy weapons like this

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget armor mode and invisible mode.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wut

@andreysemyonov1337: I know, I have a lot of respect for Prophet and his weaponry, but he can't do much against vortex weaponry and with all weaponry allowed, there is nothing stopping someone from giving the Space Marine an Iron Halo or something akin to that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: yes but it had to enjoy that moment before rules were changed XD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andreysemyonov1337: Doesn't mean much at all. Space Marines have numerous different visions in their helmets, so they do not need to see through the normal light spectrum like humans do, so it is highly doubtful invisibility will work.

Vortex Weaponry gives zero cares about durability. Vortex grenades are, "Lawls, you see that portal? It is like a black hole, but if you survive the pull, you are in another realm of existence that cares even less about your durability then this grenade. If you are lucky, your very soul and body will instantly be torn to shreds. If you are unlucky, you will survive."

Vortex Weaponry allows mook marines to hit far above their weight class. Just like grav guns. Iron Halos give the Space Marine an energy shield.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

prolly a toss up/leaning towards captain, but do we know exactly how hard they hit like mhhh stats and stuff or is it just all based on game play? Also what chapter captain? Blood Ravens as posted or nay?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blood Ravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameplay for Prophet and book/codex feats for Space Marine (average Captain).

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm leaning towards Prophet. Pretty good weapons, strength, speed and durability. And he has weapons capable of harming him. Like that Gauss gun he has.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durability feats (SPOILER):

Loading Video...

Look at this:

9:25 - Prophet survived an energy beam

12:50 - Prophet survived a fall from the orbit

Nergui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a mismatch bordering on spite. Here is a space marine respect thread and should give you ample reason why the Crysis suit and its wearer would not last very long against a space marine.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/strider92/blog/space-marines-respect-thread/92848/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nergui: well biggest problem at first was that he allowed all gear and such which puts his stats even higher than normal.

Brucey_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terrifying_archon:

From another thread:

Lifting a 70 ton Abrams tank would be a massive outlier given his standard feats.

Going by Crysis Legion: The N2 is capable of completely ignoring an 8 megajoule gauss gun to the gut with little more than a slight stagger to his step, which is around the energy output of a Rheinmetall 120 mm Glattrohrkanone main battle tank gun (9.8 megajoules). And Spiderman while tough, is certainly not "tank a tankshell" tough.

Also as per Crysis Legion, a nanosuit gives the user reaction times of 0.08 milliseconds vs the average human's 215 milliseconds. This is 3187.5times greater than standard human response times.

The Nanosuit is also rated as having good odds of surviving a 20 kiloton Lockheed AAF 212 Circuit-Breaker nuclear warhead. The user won't survive, but the suit won't break from the impact.

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prophet curbstomps with a TAC Gun(Nuclear grenade launcher).

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure Prophet could just use a gun like the X-43 MIKE to bypass the Space Marine's armor. That and the fact that Prophet is too fast, agile, and stealthy for a Space Marine.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Astartes.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space Marine all the way.

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DraciosV

Wellllll. Lets see here. Both have pretty significant feats.

Though. I'm not going to assume every space marine is the same. Same augmentations but all different people. Blah blah blah. But there is a sort of general conscious of what a space marine can do. And nanosuit users are no slouches either.

Strength: Prophet. Like Andrey pointed out, a nanosuit user could bench 70 tons. CryoFibril is inspired by CNT by word of god and is even stated directly to produce 20 Joules per cubed centimeter compared to a human's 0.07. The muscle of the suit is around 250 stronger then human muscle. And it shows in game .Prophet punts cars considerable distances. 2800 lbs on average. Though a space marine i'd say could definitely hit prophet around due to his weight. Striking and lifting are different. But Prophet can throw people away like baseballs when he wants. He can also move 50-100 ton objects by pushing them. So Prophet. The space marine has much more stamina however. The more strength Prophet uses. The more power. So I would imagine he wouldn't always want to chuck someone 80 feet, when more power is required and throwing someone 7 feet into a wall is just fine. He is strong enough to draw a bow to the point that it can get into a lightly armor vehicle... (A lot people also forget that everything takes power. Prophet can't grab power or mass from another dimension like we're used to everyone with superpowers doing. So Prophet won't always do extreme feats unnecessary feats simply to conserve power.)

Speed/Agility: Difficult to asertain for prophet. Space marines come in about peak human 25-30 mph. Some smaller ones bieing faster from what I've seen. Disappearing from sight. Isn't actually all that hard. I've actually had it done to me in only a single step. No SS required if your close up. I'd say they're pretty even. But even then, being Usain Bolt doesn't mean you can fight like Bruce Lee. I'll Prophet is faster overall but the Spacemarine is not slow at all.

Durability: Another hard thing to Gauge. Space marine has a lot more mass then the nanosuit and that does matter more then people would think. I think being shot with mos small arms in the nanosuit is like being hit by little pebble because Prophet straight shrugs .50 Caliber rounds in canon and at the very least 4 MJ. Which would be at least like eating a round from a 60 (2.4 Caliber) mm cannon. Now space marines if I recall can tank alot and are around in between the durability of a APC and a tank. More durable then an APC. But not as quite durable as a tank even if their armor is stronger pound for pound. Both lack weakpoints aside from perhaps the visors of their helmets. Both of them have pretty good energy weapon durability.

Marksmanship: I'd give the edge over to a good space marine, but prophet is no slouch, as he has pulled off some serious shots, like shooting down aircraft with non homing small arms\ by shooting through windows and weakpoints while they are moving. But Space marine in some places are serious shots.

Reflexes: I'd give it to Prophet I think. User above mentions by word his reflexes being .08 milliseconds. A well trained humans actually is around .25 seconds. Though I'm not an

Weaponry: I'll have to say the Gauss Rifle is also mentioned to be an anti tank weapon. I could imagine this thing punching through the back of a tank or the top. I can definitely see it going through a space marine's helmet, but it will take a few shots against something like his chest, though Prophet can definitely hit it. The Bolter is a powerful weapon that is .75-1.00 caliber/ (19-25 mm) and shoots armor piercing tipped explosive rounds. It's a powerful weapon and not something Prophet wants to be in the way of, otherwise he can get taken out really quickly. Prophet also has the MIKE which would ignore any non conductive material and melt anything else. It could boil the space marine in his own armor through a wall. Then you have more top of the line weapons. A void grenade would if landed BFR Prophet to super hell and end the fight. But if Prophet brought the TAC mini nuclear GL well, he'd also be able to reduce the space marine into atoms with a single shot. So. Pretty even. Super hell for Prophet. Or being turned into atoms for the Space marine. That's pretty much a draw. Whoever shoots first. Otherwise they can both off the other easily at the same time for all we know.

All and all. I'd give it to Prophet 6/10 against a very good space marine. It would be a pretty good fight against a Space Marine Captain.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv: wait are u suggesting that prophet could beat a space marine or a space marine captain? also it depends what he gives the space marine as well.

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv: wait are u suggesting that prophet could beat a space marine or a space marine captain? also it depends what he gives the space marine as well.

Both. Prophet could beat a captain feasibly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brucey_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's not forget that the Nanosuit doesn't need the person in it to be alive in order for it to function. Plus if the space marines weapons could punch through prophets suit it won't matter bc the suit will simply repair itself. And durability:prophet survived falling to earth from the outer atmosphere of earth, had multiple buildings fall on top of him, and survived getting sucked into space via a wormhole. Also the suit has a built in life support system I.e. defibrillator and such

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prophet with ease i doubt the space marine could even hurt him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@draciosv: Space marines are not peak humans : they are superhumans.

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: I did not say they were peak humans. I said they have peak human running speed, though some can be superhumans. Space marines have superhuman strength and durability all around. But not every space marine has the same stats.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@draciosv: THIS IS CHUCK NORRIS APPROVED™ !!!

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv: Space Marines are faster then 25-35. They go 60-100 mph depending on the quote you wish to use. One nonsensical one puts them at 45 kph... walking speed. <--- this one it completely nonsensical though.

You are correct that Prophet takes the strength edge by a large amount. Space Marines are only in the 12,000 pound area.

Space Marines have the edge in reaction speed. Space Marines commonly deflect bullets with high end quotes putting their reflexes and sub-conscious thoughts at macro/nano second which is one billionth of a second.

Weaponry is up in the air depending on what they got.

Experience is something the Space Marine takes in spades.

So, depending on weaponry given, I would agree that a 6/10 edge for the Space Marine makes sense if both are given 'standard' weaponry.

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DraciosV

@wut said:

@draciosv: Space Marines are faster then 25-35. They go 60-100 mph depending on the quote you wish to use. One nonsensical one puts them at 45 kph... walking speed. <--- this one it completely nonsensical though.

Yeah that seems a bit ridiculous. That's why I went with about 30 outside the armor and under normal circumstances. But Prophet accelerates faster. I would also say combat wise he is faster. People look almost like they are stand still when enters speed mode.

You are correct that Prophet takes the strength edge by a large amount. Space Marines are only in the 12,000 pound area.

Agreed

Space Marines have the edge in reaction speed. Space Marines commonly deflect bullets with high end quotes putting their reflexes and sub-conscious thoughts at macro/nano second which is one billionth of a second.

Sheesh. If that is seriously true I would give it to them. But there is a lot of "fluff" surrounding the space marines. But even so deflecting bullets is pretty impressive. I give them the edge here even without the fluff.

Weaponry is up in the air depending on what they got.

Agreed

Experience is something the Space Marine takes in spades.

Agreed

So, depending on weaponry given, I would agree that a 6/10 edge for the Space Marine makes sense if both are given 'standard' weaponry.

I still sort of give the edge to Prophet. He is impressive in a lot of ways. He still seems faster and more agile to me. Though the agility is mostly due to the fact prophet just has less bulky armor. And you can't forget the cloaking device, which space marines from my understanding don't have any equivalent too. And I'm not exactly sure if they deal with enemies who can turn invisible. But being invisible could let Prophet definitely get the first shot off, which could be crucial.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wut

@draciosv: They have numerous visions and a radar called an auspex inside their helms. It detects even 'life-signs' and heart rates from things around them. It is unlikely his cloaking will help him.

Space Marines smack aside bullets and bolter rounds all the time. Another ludicrous one is a Chaos Lord deflecting lasbolts which are... lasers, so assuming he isn't aim-deflecting them then he is moving fast enough to deflect lasers but that is total bs. Smacking bullets and bolters happens often enough to be normal for them.

Most of their movement speeds put them at 80mph funny enough. I was talking about 45 kph walking speed being ludicrous. The fact they are so fast despite being so big is a huge point with them, there is even a psychological shock that normal humans go through when they see something as large as a Space Marine move so quickly for the first time.

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@draciosv: They have numerous visions and a radar called an auspex inside their helms. It detects even 'life-signs' and heart rates from things around them. It is unlikely his cloaking will help him.

Space Marines smack aside bullets and bolter rounds all the time. Another ludicrous one is a Chaos Lord deflecting lasbolts which are... lasers, so assuming he isn't aim-deflecting them then he is moving fast enough to deflect lasers but that is total bs. Smacking bullets and bolters happens often enough to be normal for them.

Most of their movement speeds put them at 80mph funny enough. I was talking about 45 kph walking speed being ludicrous. The fact they are so fast despite being so big is a huge point with them, there is even a psychological shock that normal humans go through when they see something as large as a Space Marine move so quickly for the first time.

Well, actually, the Cloak also shield from radar, thermal and microwaves even. Bending them all around the user. Radar won't work. Helicopters in Crysis regularly try the same thing. But the life signs thing, I could toss into the air and let people pick at it. Crysis simply isn't a supernatural universe, so it doesn't include life force and all that. However, Warhammer 40k attributes everything to all living things being inside the warp. Necrons are wholly in the physical universe, not part of the warp. Which makes them dangerous. It all depends on whether or not Prophet himself would automatically be included within the warp for this fight, in my opinion.

Deflecting anything as fast as a bullet or as fast as a laser, I usually assume they get themselves in a position to deflect the projectile before it's fired. A man in RL managed to cut a BB pellet the size of a corn kernal out the air moving several hundred MPH he couldn't even see by predicting where it would go. So I can imagine a Space marine taking it up to 11. I do have a general consensus though that space marines are faster then normal humans. Prophet can flash step briefly outside of gameplay according to one quote about his suit. Though I did see a quote about a space marine jumping out of a tank users view and ripping the hatch off, somewhere I think. Though thats easier to do with a jump, I 'd say Prophet accelerates faster at least. People look like snails when he is in speed mode.

The "sprint" function of Speed mode allows the entire energy reserve of the Nanosuit to be diverted into a short but extremely fast super-human sprint, in other words allowing the user to make quicker motion and perform dashes of speed incredibly fast, much faster than the human brain or Alien sensors could ever process (this explains the delayed reaction of North Korean soldiers and all alien infantry units).

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wut

@draciosv: If he has conscious thought and is a living being he would have a warp presence. Only two races don't, Orks becuase of gestalt fields which humans lack, and the Tau who are too young of a race to have 'registered' on the radar. There really is no reason that he wouldn't have a warp presence as a human who do register.

Whoops, got to apologize, it is 60 mph normally. I was thinking more akin to 100 kph. Here are some quotes:

The survivors ran.

Their boots pounded onto the stone as they sprinted, never once looking back. Genetically enhanced muscles bunched and moved within the fibre-bundle cabling that augmented their strength, while three lungs and two hearts worked to capacity inside their heaving chests.

Talos vaulted a pile of rocks, his boots crashing down on the other side and never missing a stride. His eye lenses flickered runic sigils between eighty-four and eighty-seven kilometres per hour. Those figures sank lower each time he was forced to slide and skid around a corner, or leap up and kick off from an adjacent wall at a junction in order to maintain a semblance of speed.

- Void Stalker

'Disperse!' bellowed Astelan, sprinting to his right. His power armour took him across the ground in huge leaps, covering half a dozen metres with every pace.”
Tales of Heresy, p.304 - Call of the Lion

Endurance is pretty insane as well

” In the material realm, an Astartes could fight for weeks on end without rest…”

Pg.183 A Thousand Sons

Space Marine Acceleration:

‘Sire, I believe we should save them for–’ The human said nothing more. The front of his face came free with a sickly crack, the flesh and jagged bone crunching in the Night Lord’s fist. Talos ignored the body as it toppled, spilling the insides of its halved skull onto the decking. No one had even seen him move, such was the prophet’s speed, clearing ten meters and vaulting a console table in the time it took a human heart to beat once.”

Pg.93 Void Stalker

Moved thirty feet and vaulted over a table in the time in took a human heart to beat once. Assuming 70 beats per minute that is under a second that he crossed that distance and killed a man before they realized he had moved. Space Marines are deceptively fast.

EDIT: Do keep in mind that the Marine in Void Stalker was wounded during both those quotes.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Detrolord
No Caption Provided

No idea abut the Prophet somebody give feats of em

Dura, Agility, Reaction and Weapons

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i don't have much knowledge about space marines, but from what i've gathered about them here on the vine, i'm pretty sure the Marine takes this like 8/10.

@wut said:

@andreysemyonov1337: I know, I have a lot of respect for Prophet and his weaponry, but he can't do much against vortex weaponry and with all weaponry allowed, there is nothing stopping someone from giving the Space Marine an Iron Halo or something akin to that.

this.

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DraciosV

@wut: Yeah I would say the space marine has Prophet on endurance and can keep up with him when it comes to speed movement speed. I actually found a solid number for Prophet's contractile muscle acceleration. It's around 10,000 Gs. I'm not exactly sure how that would translate speed wise. But a car crash puts a person under maybe 100 Gs. Looked it up and the acceleration of a VX one drag racer's engine is about 8,000 Gs. I'd wager Prophet is around DC animated universe flash speed when he moves. (holding back) A literal blur when he wants to be. It's also stated it would be he could (theoretically) throw 50 punches in a second.

If the fight lasts that long. The person in the nanosuit could be a corpse for all they care

It also has a serious healing factor. I know space marines have an irony one too. But the canon explanation for respawning in Crysis campaign, is the nanosuit picks you up. Takes you somewhere safe, and revives you. No one else does this because nobody else has the nanosuit 2.0 like prophet.

@dontevenblink said:

i don't have much knowledge about space marines, but from what i've gathered about them here on the vine, i'm pretty sure the Marine takes this like 8/10.

@wut said:

this.

If he does that. Prophet can also take a TAC and atomize the SM. It would come down to who fires first.

@detrolord: Taking an at least 4 MJ shot from a railgun and only staggering(like eating a shot from a 60 mm cannon), punting cars as if they were made of styrofoam, moving 100 ton objects, moving fast enough that people don't see him, getting sucked into a wormhole and then after some time falling from orbit, having microsecond reflexes, mini nuke, a literal anti tank rifle, a bow that Prophet can draw with enough strength to go lodge in armored vehicles and "stop a charging rhino" (as said by a character), a microwave gun that fires electronics, goes through insulators and fries conductors, jumping off a dam and not giving a damn, being actually mostly immune to most conventional fire. (In canon he stands up to squads of people firing on him. Even in trailers he tanks .50 caliber rounds easily)

Though if the TAC is included. The SM can use vortex weapons. Then it just comes down to who shoots first.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv: The problem with being a blur is he is fighting someone who can see him.

Space Marines do have a healing factor. Getting blown in half is survivable to them. Their smaller wounds heal nearly instantaneously. (They spit acid and can get the memories of their enemies by eating their brains... I wish I was kidding).

But, I did say this was a good fight, so would you say 5/10 with the 5 changing depending on weaponry and terrain?

Space Marine has edge in overall speed, endurance and combat reaction speed.

Prophet has strength, superior healing factor, and greater short burst speed.

There are crazy high feats that put lasguns in the MJ range. I kid you not. I don't use them as it is ridiculous, but they exist.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv hmm interesting i wanna know more the game is called crysis 3 right is the game good since i heard about that game being bad when i comes to gameplay and plot but its graphics is top notch?

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@draciosv: The problem with being a blur is he is fighting someone who can see him.

Space Marines do have a healing factor. Getting blown in half is survivable to them. Their smaller wounds heal nearly instantaneously. (They spit acid and can get the memories of their enemies by eating their brains... I wish I was kidding).

But, I did say this was a good fight, so would you say 5/10 with the 5 changing depending on weaponry and terrain?

Space Marine has edge in overall speed, endurance and combat reaction speed.

Prophet has strength, superior healing factor, and greater short burst speed.

There are crazy high feats that put lasguns in the MJ range. I kid you not. I don't use them as it is ridiculous, but they exist.

WELL THEN away from the brains....

I'm still sort of teetering towards Prophet. I looked up the Auspex and it can be blocked by some materials. It also has a range of 50 meters. Though, from far away, Prophet most likely would have to shoot the SM outside his line of sight.

But it does depend on the environment. I would give it to the SM in an open field. But Prophet could just run away at about 100 mph or so and revive more easily to come back at the space marine. The combat speed I have to say Prophet because he is more agile. He can turn while he's moving on a dime and punch a lot faster.

Space marine definitely has reaction speed because Nano>Micro. I would also give him endurance.

Yeah people usually assume the Railgun has 8 MJ energy per shot, but that would assume 100% efficiency, so I went ahead and cut it in half. Laseguns from what most people say are in Kilojoule range. Being like getting hit by a grenade. But I don't know extensively of the SM's vast arsenal.

But I'll give the 5/10. Prophet's better then a regular space marine but a captain has answers to him.

@detrolord: I haven't played it yet actually. I heard from some places its good. But I hear the cloak is OP in the multiplayer. I'll have it soon enough. Because it's free on PS Plus :D

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv: Right? That is such a useless ability they added to them. I can only think of one time it has ever been used that he ate someones brain to gain their memories.

If you want, I can try to look for some Auspex direct quotes to figure out whats what. Space Marine can also shoot Prophet from far away though. Kind of a two way street on that one.

Punch a lot faster is debatable. I can't think of any Prophet punching feats that make him strike faster then Space Marines.

Yep, 100% energy efficient is, essentially, impossible to do. Lasgusn should be KJ (which is where I put them) but there are a few quotes that put them at MJ This is high end. Warhammer suffers from 'variable' yields. Look hard enough and you will have fifteen different showings from bolters ranging from penetrate 8 inches of steel, turning people to bloody mist, just blowing small holes in people, to turning organs to mush by passing them. Variable Yields everywhere.

I would give Prophet the edge against a normal space marine as well.

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

so i'm not trying to lowball Prophet at all because he's an awesome and formidable character, but idk if he has what's needed to take a majority in this fight.

there are lots of ways this could go down, but i'm thinking most of the alien guns Prophet uses wont be quite enough. i'm pretty sure the Space Marines could obliterate the Ceph armies shown in game pretty quick. things like the Gauss gun and that mircowave one or good old fashioned c4 would probably be more effective if he set a trap quick enough.

hmm interesting i wanna know more the game is called crysis 3 right is the game good since i heard about that game being bad when i comes to gameplay and plot but its graphics is top notch?

it's true. the main problem with the Crysis games imo is that they're made by a software company, so they don't really work on the story that much. Crytek does a great job with cool designs and effects and making things look nice, but that's basically where it ends... for me anyway. the bow is definitely the highlight of the gameplay. the aliens make for an interesting challenge, but it gets tiring after a while... the graphics are up there with the Last of Us, and other extreme realism games. the cinematics are like blizzard quality, but without nearly as much feeling or symbolism. and then in multiplayer you're either an absolute god of death, or a complete n00b. hardly any middle ground. lol

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so i'm not trying to lowball Prophet at all because he's an awesome and formidable character, but idk if he has what's needed to take a majority in this fight.

there are lots of ways this could go down, but i'm thinking most of the alien guns Prophet uses wont be quite enough. i'm pretty sure the Space Marines could obliterate the Ceph armies shown in game pretty quick. things like the Gauss gun and that mircowave one or good old fashioned c4 would probably be more effective if he set a trap quick enough.

@detrolord said:

hmm interesting i wanna know more the game is called crysis 3 right is the game good since i heard about that game being bad when i comes to gameplay and plot but its graphics is top notch?

it's true. the main problem with the Crysis games imo is that they're made by a software company, so they don't really work on the story that much. Crytek does a great job with cool designs and effects and making things look nice, but that's basically where it ends... for me anyway. the bow is definitely the highlight of the gameplay. the aliens make for an interesting challenge, but it gets tiring after a while... the graphics are up there with the Last of Us, and other extreme realism games. the cinematics are like blizzard quality, but without nearly as much feeling or symbolism. and then in multiplayer you're either an absolute god of death, or a complete n00b. hardly any middle ground. lol

Man i'll try to play that game i'll put it on my wish list imma check steam for now

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wut

@draciosv: Found the Auspex quote:

"‘Auspex confirms no life readings, even down to the bacterial level,’ Captain Sylamor’s voice rasped over the vox."

Pg.433 TFH

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Yeah, but I actually read somewhere it only has a range of about 50 meters. On a warhammer wiki.Here. Also. Judging from the quote, I don't actually think they mean souls. I think they simply mean signs of life. I don't think that necessarily means the soul. I think they just mean signs of life based off electromagnetic detection methods.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv: I doubt they mean souls given bacteria don't have warp presence, however, if their basic 'radar-like' equipment is sophisticated enough to pick up and read bacteria then it would be hard to say Prophet could cloak from it given it has never gone up against something quite like it, so it would be a toss-up on if it would work or not.

I do not believe I have any quotes that say how it works. I only found this one as I was browsing through my quotes looking for some Eldar ones for an Post-Fall Eldar Respect thread I am making.