Space Marine (40K) vs Sagat (Street Fighter)

nimrods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nimrods

Here's a good matchup. A naked Space Marine (Ultramarine) H2H against Sagat. No prep. Fight to the death inside Adamantium cage, starting distance 100 feet apart. NO weapons allowed, ie Sagat NOT allowed to use fireballs. Marine NOT allowed bolter. This is strictly physical + skill fight.

Sagat info: http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Sagat

Basically, he's the King of MMA. Fights Muay Thai style, which is the MOST DEVASTATING form of martial arts.

Greek dude born in Thailand, Sagat is 7' 5" (226 cm) tall, and weighs 300 pounds.

No Caption Provided

Space Marine info: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Creation_of_a_Space_Marine#.UuphX_tHFjk

Height varies from 7'6 to 8'5. Weighs around 1000 pounds (500kg)

Basically, a Space Marine is a bigger, stronger, meaner, faster Master Chief.

No Caption Provided

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Sagat by comics standard stands a better chance than Sagat by Game standards. Sagat feats in games is very limited.

If we use comic Sagat, its a very even match actually.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

@strider92 and @chaos_prime Anyway here is my breakdown.

Space Marine Naked

• 2 ton Strength
  • Minor Healing Factor.
  • 100s of years of war experience. Most of it with Weapons however, not straight Hand to Hand.
  • Possible Acid Spit.
  • Steel Hard Bones and Steel Like Muscle.

Comics Sagat

• Shows over 1+ tons of Striking ability.
  • Shows durability to withstand building smashing attacks.
  • Skill of 20+ years as undefeated MMA fighter around the world, including against other Street Fighters, until meeting Ryu.
  • Has over 1+ tons of Chi Force for range attacks.
  • Incredible Pain Tolerance.

Now when you look at all this, honestly I think Sagat can pull wins here.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pierpat

I don't know sagat.

Can he tank 50cals without flinching,make shatter a skull by casually slapping it,rip a man in two effortlessly and move faster than the human eye can percieve?

If he can't, he's doomed.

nimrods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically, a Space Marine is a bigger, stronger, meaner, faster Master Chief. Can Master Chief take on Sagat?

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: when you say 'man' do you mean as in average human or one of those 'fighters' who are slightly superhuman with a few blatant exceptions?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pokergeist

@pierpat said:

I don't know sagat.

Can he tank 50cals without flinching,make shatter a skull by casually slapping it,rip a man in two effortlessly and move faster than the human eye can percieve?

Space Marines outside of Power Armour cannot tank a .50 Cal Browning shell without flinching >_< Unless you have a specific feat for it, which I would love to see.

Also ripping a man in half is in Power Armour again which grants a strength bonus of 20%. Nor could a 2 ton Marine rip apart the super human durability of someone like Sagat as easy as a normal human.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

I don't know sagat.

Space Marines outside of Power Armour cannot tank a .50 Cal Browning shell without flinching >_< Unless you have a specific feat for it, which I would love to see.

Also ripping a man in half is in Power Armour again which grants a strength bonus of 20%. Nor could a 2 ton Marine rip apart the super human durability of someone like Sagat as easy as a normal human.

Space marines are more than 1 tonners without armor, someone that strong could rip a human in half.

I do have a specific "tanking lasgun" feat, lemme find it

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pokergeist

@pierpat said:

Space marines are more than 1 tonners without armor, someone that strong could rip a human in half.

I do have a specific "tanking lasgun" feat, lemme find it

Yeah, Marines are two toners with no armour.

No Caption Provided

So what? Ryu's Hadouken is around 5 tons of force, and his Shinku Hadouken is a easy building busting attack.

Sagat's durability tanks both as do most Street Fighters.

Look at Cammy!

No Caption Provided

That is a over 10 tons of force! Not even KOed or a broken bone.

No Caption Provided

Normal Hadouken! Here is Sgat tanking the super powerful Shinku Hadouken.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He is temporary KOed, but nothing broken, and he wakes up in a few seconds!

Lasgun feat is not a good one honestly. Its nothing like a 50 Cal. Its a heat base weapon not a metal slug. its is a Laser vs Hyper Sonic Armour Penetration .50 cal bullet. Big difference between the two. Also....

No Caption Provided

Lasguns have two settings. low and High. which setting was it set on when it hit the Marine? High setting can blow a man in half, low setting is no better than a Assault Rifle in damage according to novels.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Sagat beat Ryu in the original street fighter tournament he only got put down when Ryu cheated by going all Dark Hado and sucker punching him

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: The avarege setting used by guards in fighting is comparable to a 50 cal, i know, and we can assume it was that setting(it was a SM's POV, it was not specified)

Well, if he's a 5 tonner he could take this, i said in the first post i did not know him, and i only wanted to make it clear(to the others, not to you obviously) the Sm's power level.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sagat beat Ryu in the original street fighter tournament he only got put down when Ryu cheated by going all Dark Hado and sucker punching him

Yup.

No Caption Provided

Sagat then beat Ryu in a rematch after this.

@pierpat said:

@cadencev2: The avarege setting used by guards in fighting is comparable to a 50 cal, i know, and we can assume it was that setting(it was a SM's POV, it was not specified)

Well, if he's a 5 tonner he could take this, i said in the first post i did not know him, and i only wanted to make it clear(to the others, not to you obviously) the Sm's power level.

Sagat is more 1-2 tons striker. He has a easy 5+ ton durability threshold. Also Sagat's Tiger Strikes are so powerful they break through Ryu's Hadoukens easy. A major advantage in range.

http://www.comicvine.com/ryu/4005-42683/forums/street-fighter-udon-comics-respect-thread-1527928/

All his feats are here.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOuldn't the Space Marine curb stomp?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pierpat

@cadencev2: That was a nice read, thanks.

That given, i could still support the space marine for a slim majority.

The novels's High level speed and reaction feats(catching multiple shells of a machine gun at point blank range, thinking about a plan in Nanoseconds) are quite above what i've seen for sagat there, without the armor the SM will be careful, avoid attacks, and,being an ultramarine spitting his acid right in sagat's face.

Given it can corrode Steel......it should hurt him alot.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pokergeist

@shot said:

WOuldn't the Space Marine curb stomp?

With armour, yes.

With any weapon, yes.

Naked? Its a good fight.

@pierpat said:

The novels's High level speed and reaction feats(catching multiple shells of a machine gun at point blank range, thinking about a plan in Nanoseconds) are quite above what i've seen for sagat there, without the armor the SM will be careful, avoid attacks, and,being an ultramarine spitting his acid right in sagat's face.

Like I said, the Marine has a decent fight on his hands without Armour, or Weapons.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

Like I said, the Marine has a decent fight on his hands without Armour, or Weapons.

But, you that know both characters well, could you give an opinion on the difference of skill(i think in sagat's favour) and speed/reflexes(i think in the Sm's favour)?

And finally, i could not find that in the respect thread:

How are his morals?Given the Sm's pain tolerance and regeneration abilities if he does not go for the kill he could leave him alive, and be killed by that dis-attention.

And i think we should not consider a regenerator factor that makes an amputated arm not bleed or be painful "minor" after less then a minute, just because they cannot regenerate limbs(well, they can, but they need an apothecary's help for that) it is not "minor" IMO.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pokergeist

@pierpat: Space Marines have faster reaction times, so the SM may be faster. Sagat is holding the hand top hand skill edge imo.

Sagat has killed people in his fights actually, he has no morals toward it. Whatever it takes to win. While SM have minor healing factor, they have been KOed by Ork blows at times.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pierpat

@cadencev2 said:

@pierpat: Space Marines have faster reaction times, so the SM may be faster. Sagat is holding the hand top hand skill edge imo.

Sagat has killed people in his fights actually, he has no morals toward it. Whatever it takes to win. While SM have minor healing factor, they have been KOed by Ork blows at times.

Not ork boyz, ork Nobz.

And ork nobz are like 2 tonners!(it was said that yarrik had to modify alot his claw because originally it weighed nearly a ton).

I really don't know if sagat's hits will one shot a SM/badly hurt, they don't have many out of armor resistance feats.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Nope, I seen Ork boyz KO Space Marines with clubs. It why they need to wear their damn helmets lol. I seen a rocket blast cause a Space Marine to black out too.

I think the Tiger Strikes, and Sagat's own hits can do the same for a KO if he aims for the head.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pierpat

@pierpat: Nope, I seen Ork boyz KO Space Marines with clubs. It why they need to wear their damn helmets lol. I seen a rocket blast cause a Space Marine to black out too.

I think the Tiger Strikes, and Sagat's own hits can do the same for a KO if he aims for the head.

That was PIS imo, where did that happen btw?

in a space marine battle novel black templars where shrugging off boyz like nothing.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@cadencev2 said:

in a space marine battle novel black templars where shrugging off boyz like nothing.

It happen to either a Howling Griffin or a Soul Drinker in the Soul Drinker's 5th novel.

Yes, they can shrug of anything thats no head blows, and they wear their helmets.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@cadencev2 said:

It happen to either a Howling Griffin or a Soul Drinker in the Soul Drinker's 5th novel.

Yes, they can shrug of anything thats no head blows, and they wear their helmets.

Ah, k, helmetless marines are just stupid, but they are quite constant.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing here is that Sagat is a Muay Thai fighter trained in unharmed combat to make the most of impact one ko hits.ie-Elbow, knee, shin, straight up closed fist punches.No nerv strikes or Kung Fu dancing around with this fella.

& imo that could be his down fall here.He will take the fight to the SM because thats his nature & then anything could happen.

7/10 for the SM.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing here is that Sagat is a Muay Thai fighter trained in unharmed combat to make the most of impact one ko hits.ie-Elbow, knee, shin, straight up closed fist punches.No nerv strikes or Kung Fu dancing around with this fella.

& imo that could be his down fall here.He will take the fight to the SM because thats his nature & then anything could happen.

7/10 for the SM.

Do not forget Chi Manipulating range attacks and hit.

Tiger upercut is every bit as powerful as Ryu's Shoryuken, which can allow Ryu to upercut a waterfall. The Tiger strike is a range attack that is car busting in impact strength.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chaos Prime

@cadencev2 Forgot about those charged attacks, havent played the game in ages :)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2 Forgot about those charged attacks, havent played the game in ages :)

I was refereeing to the Comics.

nimrods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_prime said:

Okay, you seem to know a lot about Sagat and Space Marines. When I made this thread I was expecting SM to edge out Sagat but I guess I under-estimated how tough Comic Sagat is.

What about a Primarch? Do you think a Primarch can stand up to Sagat?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pokergeist

@nimrods said:

@cadencev2 said:

@chaos_prime said:

Okay, you seem to know a lot about Sagat and Space Marines. When I made this thread I was expecting SM to edge out Sagat but I guess I under-estimated how tough Comic Sagat is.

What about a Primarch? Do you think a Primarch can stand up to Sagat?

SPITE!

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Space Marine takes this handily.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Chaos Prime

@nimrods as already mention Primarch would be spite.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 i can imagine then Sagat has a wider range of power attacks then than his game version?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 i can imagine then Sagat has a wider range of power attacks then than his game version?

Nope. Click the link above I posted, and click Sagat Spoiler block. A full list of his moves are on there as well feats and battles.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pierpat

@nimrods: @chaos_prime: I've read about a primarch put against a street leveler.

ok, now, being serious,a decently superior to averege Sm should take this easily(Lisander,,Calgar,Sicarius) without having to call the top tiers(Kharn,Lucius,Abaddon,Cypher,Lord Kaldor) that would stomp.

So, shall we not disturb beings that shatter mountains, cause earthquakes, see laser in slow motion to face a street leveler?

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat@cadencev2 Having seen his respect thread this encounter is more even than i thought.But i always go back to the trials of Tarikus, sergeant of the Doomed Eagles Space Marines & the punishment he went through to prove he was free of Chaos taint.His body was near enough crushed between a metal vice but he stood firm for over 1 wk & this was a Sergeant not a Captain or Chapter Master.

So imo this encounter even tho i think it is more even i still feel the SM has the durability to win 6/10 :)