Space Ghost vs Green Latern

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hadrelius

I was reading about him and those bands are very powerful and versatile. Made me think of a laterns ring and how they would stand up. They both are peace keepers and use alien tech to do their job.

Klutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Klutz

Humm never thought of it that way. I mean I like space ghost better, but can't Green lanterns do anything with those rings?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadrelius

Klutz says:

"Humm never thought of it that way. I mean I like space ghost better, but can't Green lanterns do anything with those rings?"

Almost anything, but with those bands he can do a lot even become intangible. How could they even contain him.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By White Phantom

Alpha says:

"Klutz says:
"Humm never thought of it that way. I mean I like space ghost better, but can't Green lanterns do anything with those rings?"

Almost anything, but with those bands he can do a lot even become intangible. How could they even contain him. "

All they'd have to do is will the force field to be un-intangible, or make it so Space Ghost couldn't go through it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn

I love Space Ghost, but a Green Lantern Power Ring is greater in power than SG's power bands. Especially if Space Ghost went up against Hal or Kyle (an veteran GL) its over for SG.
Post Edited:2008-02-12 22:18:12

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Braise

Hmm..

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Green Lantern, for God's  sakes.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hadrelius
Fantasma Ghost said:
"Green Lantern, for God's  sakes."
You must not have read the recent Space Ghost comic
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
What makes you think Space Ghost can beat Green Lantern
SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By SUNMAN

Space Ghost

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hadrelius
King Saturn said:
"What makes you think Space Ghost can beat Green Lantern
"
He is powerful with more of an array of powers than a Lantern
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
Alpha said:
"King Saturn said:
"
He is powerful with more of an array of powers than a Lantern"
But are SG's powers on the scale of a GL ? GL's can contain Exploding Stars with there power rings... and generate the force of an atomic bomb with there power rings as well as even manipulate matter and composition...
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hadrelius
King Saturn said:
"Alpha said:
"King Saturn said:
"
But are SG's powers on the scale of a GL ? GL's can contain Exploding Stars with there power rings... and generate the force of an atomic bomb with there power rings as well as even manipulate matter and composition... "
Not sure, but if the Lanterns were that powerful constantly, i would be inclined to agree with you.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
Alpha said:
"King Saturn said:
"Alpha said:
"King Saturn said:
"
But are SG's powers on the scale of a GL ? GL's can contain Exploding Stars with there power rings... and generate the force of an atomic bomb with there power rings as well as even manipulate matter and composition... "
Not sure, but if the Lanterns were that powerful constantly, i would be inclined to agree with you. "

Well when has anything been consistent in DC ? Hell when you got someone like Geoff Johns writing your stories... you can forget seeing anything consistently

lmfao

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hadrelius
King Saturn said:
"Alpha said:
"King Saturn said:
"Alpha said:
"King Saturn said:
"
Not sure, but if the Lanterns were that powerful constantly, i would be inclined to agree with you. "

Well when has anything been consistent in DC ? Hell when you got someone like Geoff Johns writing your stories... you can forget seeing anything consistently

lmfao

"
Got me there!
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Braise

Space Ghost (old cartoon character) regularly flew through space, often going ahead of his interstellar space ship (he'd travel from planet to planet), so it's safe to say he could fly pretty fuggin fast. He's been seen to travel forward in time (after being sent back), and most importantly, teleport.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/spacgost.htm
http://webpages.charter.net/superheroes/space_ghost.htm#1.3

I've seen some of the episodes in which he's done this. I know i put them in the MM vs space ghost thread. I can't find it anymo', though.

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL!

Space Ghost was nothing more than the Mandarin.

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rei-Kai

Space Ghost is acquainted with Shazam the Genie. He wins.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fantasma Ghost
Rei-Kai said:
"Space Ghost is acquainted with Shazam the Genie. He wins."
Most of the Green Lanterns are acquainted with Ganthet, Spectre etc, so???
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rei-Kai

Ganthet is useless and Spectre is a joke. It's Shazam. The "I can do anything I want" genie.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock
Rei-Kai said:
"Space Ghost is acquainted with Shazam the Genie. He wins."
What!? O_o
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock
Braise said:
"Space Ghost (old cartoon character) regularly flew through space, often going ahead of his interstellar space ship (he'd travel from planet to planet), so it's safe to say he could fly pretty fuggin fast. He's been seen to travel forward in time (after being sent back), and most importantly, teleport.."
All Green Lanterns fly faster than light. Space Ghost doing so isn't that big of a deal...
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gunswordfist
Alpha said:
"

I was reading about him and those bands are very powerful and versatile. Made me think of a laterns ring and how they would stand up. They both are peace keepers and use alien tech to do their job.

"
Green Lantern CURBSTOMP! Then he takes over Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast.
Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fantasma Ghost
Rei-Kai said:
"Ganthet is useless and Spectre is a joke. It's Shazam. The "I can do anything I want" genie."
I know who he is, so??? lol
Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Argantyr
@Static Shock said:
Braise said:
"Space Ghost (old cartoon character) regularly flew through space, often going ahead of his interstellar space ship (he'd travel from planet to planet), so it's safe to say he could fly pretty fuggin fast. He's been seen to travel forward in time (after being sent back), and most importantly, teleport.."
All Green Lanterns fly faster than light. Space Ghost doing so isn't that big of a deal...
They can? So I guess the Flash and Green Lantern are equal in your book speed-wise huh? Somehow that sounds flawed, but anyhow Space Ghost should be FTL as well, considering his ship can travel between planets, galaxies even in a relatively short time, and he himself has shown capable of flying ahead of it.

Also I read somewhere that his power bands an create a plethora of different types of beams, has even created a forcefield bubble around an 'anti-matter' universe version of himself, and it has been stated he can teleport himself via deconstructing and reconstructing himself at a molecular level, I could probably find the site for this, lemme see:

http://webpages.charter.net/superheroes/space_ghost.htm

Also his powers are derived from two different sources, not one, as he has displayed even super strength, flight, and the ability to survive in space without his bands. He can render himself intangeable and invisible through the use of the emblem on his chest. The site also cites 'penetron beams' which are generated from his eyes, the costume itself even creates a forcefield around him.

The Power Bands on the other hand grant him a plethora of powers, most curious of them is anti-matter rays, how would the Green Lantern energy deal with anti-matter? Well I hope this information allows for a more even debate, cheers.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Saren
@Argantyr said:
@Static Shock said:
Braise said:
They can? So I guess the Flash and Green Lantern are equal in your book speed-wise huh?   
Yes, they can. They warp space to reach transluminal speeds. And no, Flash is still faster because he runs several hundred times faster than light.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Killemall
@King Saturn said:

I love Space Ghost, but a Green Lantern Power Ring is greater in power than SG's power bands. Especially if Space Ghost went up against Hal or Kyle (an veteran GL) its over for SG.

Sounds about correct to me 
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By PikminMania
@Argantyr said:
@Static Shock said:
Braise said:
They can? So I guess the Flash and Green Lantern are equal in your book speed-wise huh?  - Interesting how that works, especially since The Flash can go 100 or more times the speed of light, so in his book they are not equal speed.

how would the Green Lantern energy deal with anti-matter? - GL fights people who are in the anti matter universe all the time, I tihnk he can dodge it anyways. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock

@Argantyr said:

They can? So I guess the Flash and Green Lantern are equal in your book speed-wise huh?

I'm not exactly sure how you got that out of my post, but it's okay. Never mind the rest your post, anyway.

But, yes. All Green Lanterns achieve faster-than-light speeds in outer space. Their rings give them the ability to do it.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space Ghost sounds like a beast. AntiMatter blasts?? I'm going with him.

drinkpetrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he was evenly matched with hal in a recent teamup

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers