Bloodlusted

• New 52 Static Shock
  • Penance aka Robert Baldwin, Speed-ball
  • The Hood Parker Robin Blades and bullets
  • Horohoro Speed Amp

Round 1: Treasure Island

Starting distance 2.5 miles

Time Limit: N/A

Objectives: Each team is given a key card that one member must keep on their person at all times. The card contains half the code to an impenetrable/indestructible safe located in the middle of an aircraft hangar. In order to advance to the next round all members of the opposing team must be eliminated and their key card retrieved. Once both objectives are complete and the safe is opened Your team will find a Mother Box that will boomtube them to their next location and a reward for their efforts.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules: Winner by K.O., Death or Incap.

For anyone that has managed to sneak a character in who has feats above level, those feats will not be applicable.

All character's are in character, with standard gear and have basic knowledge unless they have prior knowledge.

Team 1 is Blue, Team 2 is Red, Aircraft Hangar is yellow.

The first team to finish their debate and tag me get's first pick of the rewards for round 2.

You may select 1 Team Perk and 2 Individual Perks (for two different characters.)

Team Perks

Prep Time: Gives your team three hours to make a plan and explore the battlefield beforehand, the battlefield cannot be altered and no additional gear or knowledge can be gained.

Full Knowledge: You're granted full knowledge of your opponents gear, powers, weaknesses etc.

Telepathic Team Link: Your team is linked together telepathically.

Bloodlusted: Your team will kill without hesitation or remorse, their mental states and emotional states remain in character.

The Goodie Bag: Grants each of your team members: A personal wrist mounted radar unit, wireless communicator earwig, gas masks, grenades,(1 flash bang, 1 smoke, 1 teargas) and high tech goggles (10x zoom HD optics, X-ray, Night vision)

Why can’t we be friends? : Your team all cooperates and will work together as if all existing personality clashes/enmity and bad blood didn’t exist.

Give me some Backup! : Grants your team complete control of an 4 man squad of S.H.I.E.L.D Agents outfitted in Civil War style Cape-Killer armor (includes gas masks, hover discs, com units, tranquilizer darts and paralyzer lasers)

Individual Perks

Power Amp: Raises one of your character's strength by 5 tons

Defense Amp: Adds a full body coating of vibranium mesh weave armor to your character’s costume/outfit.

Speed Amp: Raises your characters reflexes by Batman levels.

Gear up: One member of your team can add a piece of non-standard gear to their arsenal that they have used previously provided the equipment doesn't put them over the tournament levels

Blades and bullets: You may turn your character’s bullets/thrown weapons/arrows into adamantium. Or your character’s hand held weapon can be transformed into an Adamantium version of itself.

Ninja: Completely silence’s your character’s movement, heart beat and breathing (any other noise they make can be heard normally)

Bag O' Grenades: Grants your character 2 electric shock, 2 E.M.P, 2 White Phosphorus , 2 Frag Grenades

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

I'll Full knowledge. Slade gets the gear up and Strider acquires the defense amp. By the way what weapons will The Hood have? Twin Uzis im guessing?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@juiceboks:

The Hood will have his usual dual pistols, plus his demonic forms upgraded with adamantium.

Also the Hood will hold my team’s key card.

I'll post scans in my next post.

Opening Strategy

Flight is a big mobility advantage for my team (3 of 4 can fly). My team having the means to reach the aircraft hangar first, will set up for an ambush.

The Hood

The Hood’s strategy is to attack from behind after your team has reached & engaged the hangar. On the way to the hangar he will stop 2/3rds of the way using intangibility, air walking, and invisibility to conceal his position while watching movement.

Horohoro

Horohoro is Iceman lite manipulating water & ice through spiritual/magical means.

Stops three bullets including a head shot by flash freezing his skin

No Caption Provided

Horohoro will hitch a ride with Penance to the hangar. Once there he will flash freezes the openings of the building with chunks of ice. Then he will cover the building’s perimeter in 3 feet of snow. This will give him the advantage of the ground.

Static Shock

Static will start by disarming your team of their tech, he will absorb the nearby electrify, and then hit the island with an EMP burst. With Bloodlust & the extra electricity absorbed, Static will not be discharging regular electricity of a taser, but of a power station. Plus the fact that one hit will disrupt the electrical impulses in their bodies.

Penance

Penance does not do anything fancy. He’ll spread his speed ball bubbles across the around the perimeter & charge up. If he needs to he will ask static to hit with a nice charge two build this up faster.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@mr_ingenuity Quick question before we go straight in. Do you need any clarification on any of my team? Namely Strider? Deathstroke will carry his Promethium sword, energy lance and Nth armor along with some sniper gear and a pistol. He'll use the perk to get a flash bomb that he uses to escape. I never really got into Shaman King so I know little to nothing about Horohoro. How potent is he with the ice manipulation? I would assume not anywhere near Iceman levels or Captain Toshiros but to what extent?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@juiceboks: Feats are fine I'll go from there.

Horohoro is able to flash freeze meters & with different techniques of doing so. The more water there is the more it works hence the snow.

He can also summon mass amounts of snow for a mini avalanche.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@juiceboks

Some of Horo Horo's abilities.

Scans are A** backwards. ಠ_ಠ Thank you comicvine.◔_◔

Summons a mini avalanche. Second and third scan order switch

To better his chances of survival He tries not to get shot by flash freezing environment & projectiles(arrows bullets etc.)

Stops melee attacks same method

Ice Gauntlets abilities

No Caption Provided

One hand flash freezes everything it touches. The other hand flash freezes & shatters everything it punches. Although it doesn't need contact just direction.

Minor Strength

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 juiceboks  Moderator

@mr_ingenuity Hm..good to know. I might just give Shaman King another go once this is done lol

My opening starts off like this.

Slade gathers his gear and double times it to a rooftop where he can get a clear shot of the hangar and anyone around the building. If need be he can get Strider to help him get there even faster. Once there he will scan the area and shoot anyone who tries to enter it. This would include Vergil. Granted his shots wouldn't harm Speedball what with his ball aura and all, Vergil on the other hand would be shot clean out of the sky if he stops to charge up to disarm. EMP blasts would only work on the staff not his guns so he's still good on sniping.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Strider and Speedball are around the same speed level. Strider is supersonic with well above bullet reaction time. He's fast enough to slice apart lower ranked Striders with only his hand effortlessly. He also outran in explosion that went off practically in his face. In the scans he not only spots a strider mark on the jet at high altitudes moving at high speeds but races off after it once it zooms out of view. He arrives at its location only moments after it lands so he had to have been running at a speed very close to it. His sword Cypher is composed of plasmic energy that he can charge to cut through boulders and ceramic armor as if their flimsy pieces of wood. He can also supercharge the sword to shoot concentrated blasts that can home in on their target. If Static tries to shoot electricity at Strider he can absorb it with Cypher and redirect it. He could also dodge it given that he sees it coming which considering his extensive training and virtually unmatched skill as a Strider shouldn't be difficult. Once Strider drops off Slade he will move towards Venom while still advancing to the hangar.

Venom will "eat" the chip and carry Gaara in his symbiote while he makes his way to the Hangar as soon as Strider takes off. Brock is atleast a 30 tonner so hauling around a teenage boy with a medium built shouldn't be very hard. He will be invisible this whole time so no one should be able to detect him unless he makes himself seen. If The Hood tries to shoot Strider as he runs to the hangar, Venom will pounce and subdue him with webbing. A quick chomp should finish him off.

Strider, Brock and Gaara rendezvous at the hangar where Strider will blast open the snow and ice with his Cypher and enter the building.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@juiceboks:

I Interesting strategy, but it doesn't take some things into account.

Slade gathers his gear and double times it to a rooftop where he can get a clear shot of the hangar and anyone around the building. If need be he can get Strider to help him get there even faster. Once there he will scan the area and shoot anyone who tries to enter it. This would include Vergil. Granted his shots wouldn't harm Speedball what with his ball aura and all, Vergil on the other hand would be shot clean out of the sky if he stops to charge up to disarm. EMP blasts would only work on the staff not his guns so he's still good on sniping.

Let’s start with Slade’s position. Since there are no high-rise buildings, & practically none over two stories, I believe that flying members of my team will easily spot movement.

So Slade’s positioning will back fire two ways.

The first being The Hood, he can walk on air (no sound), be invisible, & intangible. Hood’s job is to ambush form behind, so he’ll just take advantage of Slade being a lone wolf & get the drop on him with adamantium bullets. Slade will undoubtedly not be able to fight back, since his only reasonable cover form adamantium bullets is his sword. But every shot the Hood makes will be head shots from behind so in all likeliness he won’t draw it.

The second is Static. Since Static will be one of his first choices of targeting (him or Penance), then he will have the best chances of spotting Slade. Static can see into the EM spectrum easy. So not only can Static spot movement from that high up, he’s also cable of seeing thing enviable to the naked eye. This added two his long distance power set & his EM defense shields. He could easily snipe Slade in return.

Regarding any other member of my team Slade will be unable to snipe, Penance can absorb, stop and redirect kinetic energy, & Horo Horo will be protected by his ice shields. All will take more than a few shots two take down

Strider and Speedball are around the same speed level. Strider is supersonic with well above bullet reaction time. He's fast enough to slice apart lower ranked Striders with only his hand effortlessly. He also outran in explosion that went off practically in his face. In the scans he not only spots a strider mark on the jet at high altitudes moving at high speeds but races off after it once it zooms out of view. He arrives at its location only moments after it lands so he had to have been running at a speed very close to it.

I have no problem with his combat speed being above Spiderman but his travel/movement speed must be on par if not below. While impressive your scans takes a back seat to the rules.

His sword Cypher is composed of plasmic energy that he can charge to cut through boulders and ceramic armor as if their flimsy pieces of wood. He can also supercharge the sword to shoot concentrated blasts that can home in on their target. If Static tries to shoot electricity at Strider he can absorb it with Cypher and redirect it. He could also dodge it given that he sees it coming which considering his extensive training and virtually unmatched skill as a Strider shouldn't be difficult. Once Strider drops off Slade he will move towards Venom while still advancing to the hangar.

While the plasma sword listed feats seem reasonable, I’m going to need proof of the other claims. Static is able to absorb and shoot off gigawatts of electricity. Dodging Static’s attacks is highly debatable, since electricity moves at hypersonic speeds well into speedster level combat speeds. The best shown so far is supersonic.

Venom will "eat" the chip and carry Gaara in his symbiote while he makes his way to the Hangar as soon as Strider takes off. Brock is atleast a 30 tonner so hauling around a teenage boy with a medium built shouldn't be very hard. He will be invisible this whole time so no one should be able to detect him unless he makes himself seen. If The Hood tries to shoot Strider as he runs to the hangar, Venom will pounce and subdue him with webbing. A quick chomp should finish him off.

No debate on the first part but I will have to make a call on the second.

Although the Hood will not be ambushing until after they attack the hangar can still see your team. He has magically empowered sight that can see threw magical barriers, illusions, & Skrull shape shifting. Then Static’s EM spectrum sight & your team can’t hide.

Strider, Brock and Gaara rendezvous at the hangar where Strider will blast open the snow and ice with his Cypher and enter the building.

Don’t see this happening. While I’m thinking of it, which team member has the key card?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks:

I Interesting strategy, but it doesn't take some things into account.

Let’s start with Slade’s position. Since there are no high-rise buildings, & practically none over two stories, I believe that flying members of my team will easily spot movement.

Theres a few closer to the hangar. A trio of buildings right by what I assume is a pool that look to be 3 story. Regardless though, I admit I completely forgot about the EM shield. Theres almost no chance he has at taking down Vergil with his immediate weaponry. So instead of him taking to the sniping position he sneaks around hanging close to Venom. Strider instead of dropping him off will sneak from building to building until he's in range of Static and attempts to take him out via Cypher slash. What's Vergil's reaction time like in the New 52? I don't know what has changed about him.

So Slade’s positioning will back fire two ways.

The first being The Hood, he can walk on air (no sound), be invisible, & intangible. Hood’s job is to ambush form behind, so he’ll just take advantage of Slade being a lone wolf & get the drop on him with adamantium bullets. Slade will undoubtedly not be able to fight back, since his only reasonable cover form adamantium bullets is his sword. But every shot the Hood makes will be head shots from behind so in all likeliness he won’t draw it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You know what, being the huge Midnight Sons fan I am I almost forgot how the invisibility thing works. He has to hold his breath if im not mistaken. Not saying thiswill be a huge hindrance but he wont be moving as quickly as he normally would be as he would have to stop every now and again to catch his breath and avoid detection. We start a good distance from each other so I don't think him catching up to Slade would be very easy. Even if he does manage to get within firing range, my team knows of his abilities. They'll keep a sharp eye out behind them and if they hear a gunshot then they can simply dodge it(or in Eddie's case just take it). If he makes the mistake of walking right in front of them Slade will see him.

The second is Static. Since Static will be one of his first choices of targeting (him or Penance), then he will have the best chances of spotting Slade. Static can see into the EM spectrum easy. So not only can Static spot movement from that high up, he’s also cable of seeing thing enviable to the naked eye. This added two his long distance power set & his EM defense shields. He could easily snipe Slade in return.

Regarding any other member of my team Slade will be unable to snipe, Penance can absorb, stop and redirect kinetic energy, & Horo Horo will be protected by his ice shields. All will take more than a few shots two take down

Strider and Speedball are around the same speed level. Strider is supersonic with well above bullet reaction time. He's fast enough to slice apart lower ranked Striders with only his hand effortlessly. He also outran in explosion that went off practically in his face. In the scans he not only spots a strider mark on the jet at high altitudes moving at high speeds but races off after it once it zooms out of view. He arrives at its location only moments after it lands so he had to have been running at a speed very close to it.

I have no problem with his combat speed being above Spiderman but his travel/movement speed must be on par if not below. While impressive your scans takes a back seat to the rules.

Yea I know. The point of me bringing that up was just to show how fast he normally is. In case you were skeptical of his speed compared to Penance and such.

His sword Cypher is composed of plasmic energy that he can charge to cut through boulders and ceramic armor as if their flimsy pieces of wood. He can also supercharge the sword to shoot concentrated blasts that can home in on their target. If Static tries to shoot electricity at Strider he can absorb it with Cypher and redirect it. He could also dodge it given that he sees it coming which considering his extensive training and virtually unmatched skill as a Strider shouldn't be difficult. Once Strider drops off Slade he will move towards Venom while still advancing to the hangar.

While the plasma sword listed feats seem reasonable, I’m going to need proof of the other claims. Static is able to absorb and shoot off gigawatts of electricity. Dodging Static’s attacks is highly debatable, since electricity moves at hypersonic speeds well into speedster level combat speeds. The best shown so far is supersonic.

He'll dodge it in a similar way to how Spider Man has dodged Electros electric blasts. While Peter did obviously have the Spider Sense to help, he still evaded due to his own reaction time. If Strider can anticipate Statics movements(again he is well aware of what he can do) he should able to move out the way before he fires a few off.

No debate on the first part but I will have to make a call on the second.

Although the Hood will not be ambushing until after they attack the hangar can still see your team. He has magically empowered sight that can see threw magical barriers, illusions, & Skrull shape shifting. Then Static’s EM spectrum sight & your team can’t hide.

I'll have Strider keep Vergil occupied so to avoid detection of his other teammates.

Don’t see this happening. While I’m thinking of it, which team member has the key card?

Brock has the card inside of him. Along with Gaara.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@juiceboks: Excuse the wait.

Theres a few closer to the hangar. A trio of buildings right by what I assume is a pool that look to be 3 story. Regardless though, I admit I completely forgot about the EM shield. Theres almost no chance he has at taking down Vergil with his immediate weaponry. So instead of him taking to the sniping position he sneaks around hanging close to Venom. Strider instead of dropping him off will sneak from building to building until he's in range of Static and attempts to take him out via Cypher slash. What's Vergil's reaction time like in the New 52? I don't know what has changed about him.

Static has common bullet dodging reflex. But he’s out of range of your team so how do they combat his flight? With the perfect power to keep them at bay & destroy anyone who gets close.

You know what, being the huge Midnight Sons fan I am I almost forgot how the invisibility thing works. He has to hold his breath if im not mistaken. Not saying this will be a huge hindrance but he wont be moving as quickly as he normally would be as he would have to stop every now and again to catch his breath and avoid detection.

That was done away in his mini he longer needs to hold his breath or use his boots.

No Caption Provided

We start a good distance from each other so I don't think him catching up to Slade would be very easy.

Hood’s plan was to hang back then ambush your team once they attacked the hanger. So why not pick off stragglers, defiantly why they are distracted. Since you deviated from that plan really no argument here.

Even if he does manage to get within firing range, my team knows of his abilities. They'll keep a sharp eye out behind them and if they hear a gunshot then they can simply dodge it(or in Eddie's case just take it). If he makes the mistake of walking right in front of them Slade will see him.

Keeping an eye out for invisible enemies will be hard if at all possible… Then we have the goal of Hood to attack when he knows they are detracted e.g. fighting.

Any one tanking adamantium bullets is out of the question. Especially holding Gaara

Dodging possible, surviving simultaneous attack without fail not possible(unless it’s fodder).

FTR Static disabled Slade’s tech. So I'm assuming your team has no way to detect Hood until bullets are flying.

He'll dodge it in a similar way to how Spider Man has dodged Electros electric blasts. While Peter did obviously have the Spider Sense to help, he still evaded due to his own reaction time. If Strider can anticipate Statics movements(again he is well aware of what he can do) he should able to move out the way before he fires a few off.

Question. Has Strider dodged electricity? Because comparing Electro to Static is cheap. Two reasons, not only is Static more intelligent but his powers is electromagnetism. So Static can release his power in more ways than one including releasing electricity in waves.

No Caption Provided

I'll have Strider keep Vergil occupied so to avoid detection of his other teammates.

Think you are mistaken.

You do realize it only take one hit for their brains electrical signals to be shut off.

Challenge Accepted.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

bump

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Sovereign91001

@mr_ingenuity: @juiceboks: You guys are doing good consider this a bump and I'm letting you know I'm going to open votes on Monday.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@mr_ingenuity said:

@juiceboks: Excuse the wait.

Static has common bullet dodging reflex. But he’s out of range of your team so how do they combat his flight? With the perfect power to keep them at bay & destroy anyone who gets close.

No Caption Provided

Strider can extend the range of his slash to help cover the distance. If that's not enough then remember his plasma blasts. The blast can not only one shot a being that was Hank Pym sized, but leveled the whole building and Strider still got out in time to watch it fall.

You know what, being the huge Midnight Sons fan I am I almost forgot how the invisibility thing works. He has to hold his breath if im not mistaken. Not saying this will be a huge hindrance but he wont be moving as quickly as he normally would be as he would have to stop every now and again to catch his breath and avoid detection.

That was done away in his mini he longer needs to hold his breath or use his boots.

No Caption Provided

We start a good distance from each other so I don't think him catching up to Slade would be very easy.

Hood’s plan was to hang back then ambush your team once they attacked the hanger. So why not pick off stragglers, defiantly why they are distracted. Since you deviated from that plan really no argument here.

Didn't know he lost that stipulation, pretty cool actually. I actually thought you meant he would pursue my team while they were making their way to the hangar instead of while they were fighting Penance and Horohoro. If he tries to shoot from behind then that's Slade's queue to throw down his flash bomb. EMPs don't work on flash bombs so it should still work. No one on your team will suspect this and since it's shown to be enough to stagger Superman, it should do the same to The Hood along with anyone else who is unfortunate enough to look at it. Once his concentration is broken and he becomes tangible again, then he gets shot down.

Even if he does manage to get within firing range, my team knows of his abilities. They'll keep a sharp eye out behind them and if they hear a gunshot then they can simply dodge it(or in Eddie's case just take it). If he makes the mistake of walking right in front of them Slade will see him.

Keeping an eye out for invisible enemies will be hard if at all possible… Then we have the goal of Hood to attack when he knows they are detracted e.g. fighting.

Any one tanking adamantium bullets is out of the question. Especially holding Gaara

Dodging possible, surviving simultaneous attack without fail not possible(unless it’s fodder).

FTR Static disabled Slade’s tech. So I'm assuming your team has no way to detect Hood until bullets are flying.

Question. Has Strider dodged electricity? Because comparing Electro to Static is cheap. Two reasons, not only is Static more intelligent but his powers is electromagnetism. So Static can release his power in more ways than one including releasing electricity in waves.

No Caption Provided

No. Disregarding video game feats he hasn't. Not because he cant but because he's never encountered an electricity manipulating foe. He has dodged plasma blasts though. But in any case, he doesn't have to be faster than lightning to dodge Statics blasts. He just has to be faster than Static which he most certainly is. That was the whole point of me bringing up the Electro thing. Hell, that's how Ravager managed to fight Static when they both were captured by the Dark Side Club and forced to do battle. Ravager isn't even as fast as Strider or Spider Man but due to her being a few steps ahead of Vergil she kept up with him for a while. Since Strider knows what Vergil can do he'll anticipate even an electricity wave. And by the by, Electro can release electricity in waves just like Static, just not the whole EM manipulation thing. He may even be able to hold more electricity than Static. He may not be as smart as Static but their opening tactics against an opponent they know little about are usually the same.

Think you are mistaken.

You do realize it only take one hit for their brains electrical signals to be shut off.

No Caption Provided

Gonna be hard to get a bead on him to fire off said blast. Unless he opens up with an electricity wave which he usually doesn't from what I've seen. Just for the record those guns are using Shadowtag bullets. What gives them that name is that they're designed to be a lot more accurate than regular bullets due to a built in radar system. Strider avoided them by simply moving faster than they could track him.

Challenge Accepted.

Lol good luck getting it out of him. Remember not one of your team members has any extensive experience fighting Venom so they wont guess that Gaara is inside of him. Once the fight starts he expels him at the right time to do some serious damage.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Oh and about the bullet tanking thing. As long as they don't hit a vital part of Brock he should be able to take them no problem(granted he doesn't choose to dodge them for whatever reason). He's taken much worse punishment.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@juiceboks:

Strider can extend the range of his slash to help cover the distance. If that's not enough then remember his plasma blasts. The blast can not only one shot a being that was Hank Pym sized, but leveled the whole building and Strider still got out in time to watch it fall.

Hmmm interesting… But I have one question. What happens when his plasma attacks don't work against Static’s EM shield?

Chances are his shield will nullify it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/2783339-static_shock_01_04.jpg

Didn't know he lost that stipulation, pretty cool actually. I actually thought you meant he would pursue my team while they were making their way to the hangar instead of while they were fighting Penance and Horohoro. If he tries to shoot from behind then that's Slade's queue to throw down his flash bomb. EMPs don't work on flash bombs so it should still work. No one on your team will suspect this and since it's shown to be enough to stagger Superman, it should do the same to The Hood along with anyone else who is unfortunate enough to look at it. Once his concentration is broken and he becomes tangible again, then he gets shot down.

Let’s be clear on this.

Slade’s plan is to break ranks with his team or whomever he is fighting. While simultaneously giving his team a heads up. Locate the invisible, intangible, flying man, then & only then chuck a flash grenade in his direction for the off chance Slade can shoot him.

Seems Legit.

Mind you I think this will severally devastate your team.

But in any event the Hood is bonded to his powers he doesn't have to leave that state unless he wants to. Notice in the above scans Hood makes part of his body tangible & this is confirmed in the scans below.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3013998-the+hood+5+020.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3013999-the+hood+5+021.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3014000-the+hood+5+024.jpg

No. Disregarding video game feats he hasn't. Not because he cant but because he's never encountered an electricity manipulating foe. He has dodged plasma blasts though. But in any case, he doesn't have to be faster than lightning to dodge Statics blasts. He just has to be faster than Static which he most certainly is. That was the whole point of me bringing up the Electro thing. Hell, that's how Ravager managed to fight Static when they both were captured by the Dark Side Club and forced to do battle. Ravager isn't even as fast as Strider or Spider Man but due to her being a few steps ahead of Vergil she kept up with him for a while.

Your referencing Pre 52 Static, so I'll move past this, & go into my next point.

Since Strider knows what Vergil can do he'll anticipate even an electricity wave. And by the by, Electro can release electricity in waves just like Static, just not the whole EM manipulation thing. He may even be able to hold more electricity than Static. He may not be as smart as Static but their opening tactics against an opponent they know little about are usually the same.

The electricity waves was not the point I was trying to make. But since you dwelled on it I’ll add to it. Let’s envision Strider dodging the electricity in all forms (not that I think he would or can). Then what exactly does that mean for the rest of your team how would they fair. It only takes one false move for them to lose their central nervous system.

Let’s review the scans again.

First scan gives magnitude, accuracy & range of the power Statics unleashed (morals on).

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3005726-the+savage+hawkman+7+06.jpg

While the second scan gives Hackman’s thoughts on the matter (well it is his comic), he notes that Static clears the bridge form one side. And from how I see it Static couldn’t even see what he was doing, explains his surprise to Hawkman (also on the bridge with nervous system intact).

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3005727-the+savage+hawkman+7+07.jpg

Final scan is confirmation stating more than simple electrocution.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3005728-the+savage+hawkman+7+08.jpg

Continuing our vision, aside from Strider pulling a flawless victory in dodging tactics, only to fell at doing damage with his plasma sword, your team doesn't look too hot.

Gonna be hard to get a bead on him to fire off said blast. Unless he opens up with an electricity wave which he usually doesn't from what I've seen. Just for the record those guns are using Shadowtag bullets. What gives them that name is that they're designed to be a lot more accurate than regular bullets due to a built in radar system. Strider avoided them by simply moving faster than they could track him.

This corresponds with the above. Too lazy to copy & paste together.

Lol good luck getting it out of him. Remember not one of your team members has any extensive experience fighting Venom so they wont guess that Gaara is inside of him. Once the fight starts he expels him at the right time to do some serious damage.

Penance knows all about the Venom Symbiote (Mac Gargan). Plus lack of knowledge will not stop Venom from being flash frozen, riddled with adamantium bullets, blasted, electrocuted down two his nervous system (it does feel pain & has a host) or for good measure down to its electrons.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3014022-static+shock+7+018.jpg

Oh and about the bullet tanking thing. As long as they don't hit a vital part of Brock he should be able to take them no problem(granted he doesn't choose to dodge them for whatever reason). He's taken much worse punishment.

Long as a headshot doesn't count as hitting a vital part, I think we're good.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks:

Hmmm interesting… But I have one question. What happens when his plasma attacks don't work against Static’s EM shield?

Chances are his shield will nullify it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/2783339-static_shock_01_04.jpg

All I saw was from that scan is that Static has some knowledge on how plasma works which would make sense and him applying said knowledge to formulate two plans to capture him. However the difference between that scenario and this one is that plasma is being shot towards him when he doesn't expect it as opposed to him trying to catch a person composed of plasma. Time that he had to come up with a plan to contain the plasma pilot in that scan is not the time he has to avoid a plasma blast from a foe siginificantly faster than himself. Which again he wont be expecting. I personally don't see his shields taking a plasma blast of Strider's swords magnitude unless of course you can provide a scan that shows his shields blocking something like that.

Let’s be clear on this.

Slade’s plan is to break ranks with his team or whomever he is fighting. While simultaneously giving his team a heads up. Locate the invisible, intangible, flying man, then & only then chuck a flash grenade in his direction for the off chance Slade can shoot him.

Seems Legit.

Mind you I think this will severally devastate your team.

But in any event the Hood is bonded to his powers he doesn't have to leave that state unless he wants to. Notice in the above scans Hood makes part of his body tangible & this is confirmed in the scans below.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3013998-the+hood+5+020.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3013999-the+hood+5+021.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3014000-the+hood+5+024.jpg

As soon as a bullet flies off he along with everyone else will know its Hood(he's the only one who has guns) and the rest of my team will scatter as Slade throws the flash bang down. Theyre all certainly fast enough so them getting out of the way is no question. How effective is he in using his intangibility in combat? White Fang beat on him for awhile in Dark Reign until Dorm helped him out. A stun should knock him out of it especially if he's doubled over in pain. Besides, him just floating and continuously shooting at someone who's dodging every bullet since it is from a pistol is out of his character. He'll probably let his demon form come out once he realizes that his pistols are ineffective like when he fought Wolverine. When that happens he gets sliced in half or crushed with sand if he hasn't already been.

No. Disregarding video game feats he hasn't. Not because he cant but because he's never encountered an electricity manipulating foe. He has dodged plasma blasts though. But in any case, he doesn't have to be faster than lightning to dodge Statics blasts. He just has to be faster than Static which he most certainly is. That was the whole point of me bringing up the Electro thing. Hell, that's how Ravager managed to fight Static when they both were captured by the Dark Side Club and forced to do battle. Ravager isn't even as fast as Strider or Spider Man but due to her being a few steps ahead of Vergil she kept up with him for a while.

Your referencing Pre 52 Static, so I'll move past this, & go into my next point.

The principle applies to any electricity manipulator that cant react at lightning speeds. Unless he's gotten a massive speed/reflex boost in the New 52 the point still stands.

Since Strider knows what Vergil can do he'll anticipate even an electricity wave. And by the by, Electro can release electricity in waves just like Static, just not the whole EM manipulation thing. He may even be able to hold more electricity than Static. He may not be as smart as Static but their opening tactics against an opponent they know little about are usually the same.

The electricity waves was not the point I was trying to make. But since you dowelled on it I’ll add to it. Let’s envision Strider dodging the electricity in all forms (not that I think he would or can). Then what exactly does that mean for the rest of your team how would they fair. It only takes one false move for them to lose their central nervous system.

Granted he even has time to do any of this before Strider takes him out. If he releases electricity in a wave as large as needed to tag anyone on my team, he runs the risk of electrocuting everyone else on your team. Static even morals off is still a hero and I doubt he would kill his teammates right off the bat to try and kill his opponents.

First scan gives magnitude, accuracy & range of the power Statics unleashed (morals on).

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3005726-the+savage+hawkman+7+06.jpg

While the second scan gives Hackman’s thoughts on the matter (well it is his comic), he notes that Static clears the bridge form one side. And from how I see it Static couldn’t even see what he was doing, explains his surprise to Hawkman (also on the bridge with nervous system intact).

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3005727-the+savage+hawkman+7+07.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3005728-the+savage+hawkman+7+08.jpg

Continuing our vision, aside from Strider pulling a flawless victory in dodging tactics, only to fell at doing damage with his plasma sword, your team doesn't look too hot.

This corresponds with the above. Too lazy to copy & paste together.

Penance knows all about the Venom Symbiote (Mac Gargan). Plus lack of knowledge will not stop Venom from being flash frozen, riddled with adamantium bullets, blasted, electrocuted down two his nervous system (it does feel pain & has a host) or for good measure down to its electrons.

Penance has some experience with Gargan and basic knowledge of how the symbiote functions due to their time in the Thunderbolts yes. What he doesn't have is extensive knowledge of all the suits capabilities and the manner in which Brock fights. All the people who have been possessed by the symbiote have displayed different uses and different fighting styles. Brock, Gargan and Flash all used the suit in different ways and Gargan is by far the least adept at utilizing its full capabilities. Point is he will not expect Venom to have Gaara inside of him especially since he has no idea who Gaara is. Hell, I don't think even Spider Man would expect that going into a fight. Venom has had his fair share of fighting electricity wielding foes so its not like he will be fighting blindly. Gaara too for that matter.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/3014022-static+shock+7+018.jpg

Long as a headshot doesn't count as hitting a vital part, I think we're good.

Parker is a decent marksman. But he's no Hawkeye or Deadshot :P

In all honesty we're starting to debate in circles. So we can go ahead and wrap it up if you want.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 juiceboks  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Because CV wouldn't let me upload this for Venom in the last post..

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@juiceboks:

All I saw was from that scan is that Static has some knowledge on how plasma works which would make sense and him applying said knowledge to formulate two plans to capture him. However the difference between that scenario and this one is that plasma is being shot towards him when he doesn't expect it as opposed to him trying to catch a person composed of plasma. Time that he had to come up with a plan to contain the plasma pilot in that scan is not the time he has to avoid a plasma blast from a foe siginificantly faster than himself. Which again he wont be expecting. I personally don't see his shields taking a plasma blast of Strider's swords magnitude unless of course you can provide a scan that shows his shields blocking something like that.

If you would cast your attention back to the scan(second to last panel), Static’s EM shield absorbed the plasma that arced towards him, then Static creates a field around his hands to reach in and switch off the magnetic field that held the plasma in place. If Static had not created the field around his hands, they would have been fried (although that did leave his body defenseless but not the case here). That is what happened in that scan.

So what I'm getting at is a super charged plasma had no effect on his EM shields.

Also how is Static not expecting it he clearly sees who he’s fighting & weapons they're carrying.

Let’s not forget Static has the range advantage, mobility with flight & has powers Strider has never encountered nor has feats that indicate he could dodge said powers.

As soon as a bullet flies off he along with everyone else will know its Hood(he's the only one who has guns) and the rest of my team will scatter as Slade throws the flash bang down. Theyre all certainly fast enough so them getting out of the way is no question. How effective is he in using his intangibility in combat? White Fang beat on him for awhile in Dark Reign until Dorm helped him out. A stun should knock him out of it especially if he's doubled over in pain. Besides, him just floating and continuously shooting at someone who's dodging every bullet since it is from a pistol is out of his character. He'll probably let his demon form come out once he realizes that his pistols are ineffective like when he fought Wolverine. When that happens he gets sliced in half or crushed with sand if he hasn't already been.

You have no solid claims here.

So not only does Slade stop fighting but your whole team breaks ranks and takes cover & that’s how they go unaffected.

Most of Hood’s scans I have shown showcased his intangibility. Hood has gone intangible just as Mr. Negative got the upper hand, a bullet timer with speed comparable to Spiderman.

No Caption Provided

Now your justification to Hoods powers are a prep instance that span years in advance & by the end of the mini with better equipment had no effect on him.

Last bit is scatter all over the place, so I’ll try in a way we both will understand.

Hood has advantages your team is not prepared to combat, just to name a few intangibility, invisibility, flight, & adamantium bullets. Basically the powers Hood will be using. Hood also has a team that he is backing up, & battle field allowing long range combat to freely use his powers. Add in blood lust, & I see no valid reason Hood will go demonic to fight close range (even though you find it necessary).

The principle applies to any electricity manipulator that cant react at lightning speeds. Unless he's gotten a massive speed/reflex boost in the New 52 the point still stands.

Unless I’m using pre 52 feats, the point is disregarded. Plus no one here can react to lighting no matter how much you use ABC logic. Your logic, Strider >>>> Spiderman >>>> Electro = Static.

Granted he even has time to do any of this before Strider takes him out. If he releases electricity in a wave as large as needed to tag anyone on my team, he runs the risk of electrocuting everyone else on your team. Static even morals off is still a hero and I doubt he would kill his teammates right off the bat to try and kill his opponents.

Why would you ignore the scans I neatly summarized for you (which explains and counters all of this)?

Continuing our vision, aside from Strider pulling a flawless victory in dodging tactics, unable to do damage with his plasma sword, your team doesn't look too hot.

Penance has some experience with Gargan and basic knowledge of how the symbiote functions due to their time in the Thunderbolts yes. What he doesn't have is extensive knowledge of all the suits capabilities and the manner in which Brock fights. All the people who have been possessed by the symbiote have displayed different uses and different fighting styles. Brock, Gargan and Flash all used the suit in different ways and Gargan is by far the least adept at utilizing its full capabilities. Point is he will not expect Venom to have Gaara inside of him especially since he has no idea who Gaara is. Hell, I don't think even Spider Man would expect that going into a fight. Venom has had his fair share of fighting electricity wielding foes so its not like he will be fighting blindly. Gaara too for that matter.

Point is Penance has prior knowledge of Venom with the means to kill him, & along with the other members of my team.

Also Gaara is a nonfactor, plus you have not utilized him for the whole course of the debate. He shows up for a one shot Horo Horo Penance, Static, & Hood take your pick.

Parker is a decent marksman. But he's no Hawkeye or Deadshot :P

In all honesty we're starting to debate in circles. So we can go ahead and wrap it up if you want.

Comparing The Hood’s marksman skills to Hawkeye or Deadshot is just silliness. While the Hood has the ability to take any position to give a head shot.

This was expected, & noted to happen when you changed your strategy.

Addressing your last scan. Venom has no defence for this.

@sovereign91001: Ready for voting.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sovereign91001

@mr_ingenuity@juiceboks: Since Mr_I tagged me before the time limit, the winner of this match gets 4th pick of the rewards.

I'm opening this one for votes

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice debate. After reading through, my vote goes to mr_ingenuity

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nice debate. After reading through, my vote goes to mr_ingenuity

Same.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would agree with general consensus thus far and vote for Ingenuity. His team's mobility and detection give him an advantage that Juiceboks can't counter,

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Mr. I

Avatar image for oblivions_child
Oblivions_Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sovereign91001

With the score 5-0 @mr_ingenuity takes the win. You can go to the sign up thread and pick your reward.