Sovereign's Street Level Tourney: Sign Up's (Closed)

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There any spots left?

@sovereign91001:

Kurama (YYH) Dark Tourney Level (he may seem high level, however stat wise fits the rules)

Yuske (YYH) Spirit Detective Level

Ghost Rider Blaze

Ghost Rider Ketch

All with Standard Gear.

I'm assuming that's normal Kurama and not Yoko? Yoko should vastly trump the speed limit.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: I seen no feats to suggest that.

As yoko he has no speed feats in Dark Tourney at all. He actually just dodge some flying winged bombs with ease, however nothing suggest a Speed Increase at all to Kurama.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Dredeuced

@dredeuced: I seen no feats to suggest that.

As yoko he has no speed feats in Dark Tourney at all. He actually just dodge some flying winged bombs with ease, however nothing suggest a Speed Increase at all to Kurama.

Really? I thought he was keeping up quite easily with Karasu who himself clearly breaks the speed limits (blitzing Kurama with ease, too fast for C Class demons to comprehend).

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Nah, not really. Kasaru threw out flying bombs at Yoko who danced around them till surronded. Then He summon a monster Plant that damage Kasaru. Then Kasaru Blasted Yoko with a major blast damaging heavily Kurama and knocking his Yoko form out.

No actaul damaging or fighting between the two.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Black Panther (Current)

Bruce Wayne(beyond suit)

Ultimate Peter Parker

Ultimate Captain America

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@veitha: I can let you have your second team.

@beatboks1: You're all good except Question.

@thundergodswrath: You're in although Gorgan's stone stare is turned off and Mr. N won't be able to mind jack people.

@jwalser3: You're all good dude.

@diredrill: You bring up a good point that I hadn't considered about Madrox. What say you? @dextersinister

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Owl's Eye is yours. Toto I'll have to rule against.

@cadencev2: Alright I'll approve your team. About Kurama, I'm a little hesitant but if you agree to forefit his death seed and limit his super plants (death tree, etc.) too about two at a time (I don't think he was ever shown plant spamming but I want too cover my bases) he should be fine. Sound fair?

@higorm: @dredeuced: There's one slot left, whichever one of you puts a team up first I'll give the spot too.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Dredeuced

Alright, gonna bring back some old favorites and mix up some new faces.

Isaac Netero (from the previous tournament like this, so no suicide nuke)

TUNED Alita (No orbital death laser, like previous tournament)

Mr. Terrific (If I have to choose new 52 or pre 52 I'll go with New-52)

Blink (AoA version if version specific is necessary, obviously she won't teledrop/dismember/frag as per rules)

There we go, two new faces and a couple of characters I didn't do justice last time. Didn't go with Liara because, upon retrospect, her Telekinesis like abilities are clearly well over 1 ton (singularity alone can lift a dozen average humans, for instance).

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Your good. I'm going to limit Mr. T to the usual 6 or so spheres he has with him.

@ultrastarkiller: You'll have to swap out Bat's one million

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Your good. I'm going to limit Mr. T to the usual 6 or so spheres he has with him.

@ultrastarkiller: You'll have to swap out Bat's one million

He usually has 7 from what I can tell, 8 if you count his mask.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: I picked him as his cloning ability could be very useful for potential challenges the only reason I would consider him as a potential threat to a good number of people picked so far is with perks and even then he wouldn't be anything more than a distraction to someone like Luke Cage.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: Sorry I mis counted we have 16 already.

We have sixteen players!!!

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: I picked him as his cloning ability could be very useful for potential challenges the only reason I would consider him as a potential threat to a good number of people picked so far is with perks and even then he wouldn't be anything more than a distraction to someone like Luke Cage.

That depends on who is teammates are.

For instance, say you picked Captain Cold as someone else on your team -- have Captain Cold give him his gun and now you've got 50 captain cold duplicates. Same could be said for Mr. Terrific's tspheres if he just held them in his hands, or anyone with any significant tech.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Dextersinister

@dredeuced said:

@dextersinister said:

That depends on who is teammates are.

For instance, say you picked Captain Cold as someone else on your team -- have Captain Cold give him his gun and now you've got 50 captain cold duplicates. Same could be said for Mr. Terrific's tspheres if he just held them in his hands, or anyone with any significant tech.

I wouldn't go that far, it would also be out of character for most characters to give up their equipment.

Can I use Captain Cold

No Caption Provided

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awwww man I really wanted to join a tournament. looks like I just stumbled upon this too late :(. anyways sovereign will u do another tournament soon? if so then you'll definitely see me there!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Pokergeist

@sovereign91001:

Kurama or Yoko never did Spam Plants. So I will not argue that. I will argue Planting a Vetch Plant into a person who gets hit by the Seed, or Vampire Plant that can Drain a Human Body in minuets, or the Rose Storm to anyone who gets too close.

He follows all the rules of Cyclopes Nuke Beams.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is this going to start tonight???

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Dredeuced

@sovereign91001: Can I haggle you up from 6 t-spheres? I'd like for him to be able to give the rest of my team T-Masks (communication purposes) and still have 3 or 4 to use for combat. If you count his mask as one, that leaves 4 masks and only 2 spheres left, and he usually needs 3 to fly.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

New 52 Static Shock

Penance aka Robert Baldwin, Speed-ball

Horohoro

Trafalgar Law (w/Room Limit)

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

for thr record, capt boomerang ( owen) is above the speed limit by quite a bit

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@beatboks1: he has short speed boosts. He can not maintain that speed for a long time.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: The OP states "no TP over mind reading" Batman 1M mindraped Bruce with one telepathic kick.

"35 Ton Limit" With his suit, according to calculation Batman1M is at least a 40 tonner.

There are no gadgets allowed that make the match unfair. Batman 1M has a gadget that can literally take your soul, he can also make living/digital copies of himself. All of these would be unfair.

He also stated that there was to be no duplication. Batman 1M can make dozens of copies of himself to maul his opponents.

Finally, it is a street level tournament. And Batman 1M is a planetary hero.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#80 HigorM  Moderator

@sovereign91001: well, got here too late, maybe next time, thanks anyway and good luck with your 1st tourney!

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DireDrill

Even if you don't use his Item Duplication abilities, Madrox has taken down an entire Hydra base while being mind raped just by filling it with duplicates. If any of those duplicates gets his hand in Luke Cage's mouth he can kill him by creating duplicates inside Luke Cage. Given that with enough dupes, Madrox could also lift in excess of 35 tons this violates the strength limit. Jamie Madrox is one of the most terrifying mutants in Marvel.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if you don't use his Item Duplication abilities, Madrox has taken down an entire Hydra base while being mind raped just by filling it with duplicates. If any of those duplicates gets his hand in Luke Cage's mouth he can kill him by creating duplicates inside Luke Cage. Given that with enough dupes, Madrox could also lift in excess of 35 tons this violates the strength limit. Jamie Madrox is one of the most terrifying mutants in Marvel.

He should in theory do all that, however he gets beaten rather easily. Embarrassingly so. I do believe its stated every Duplicate of him killed or Maim is a Damage toll on himself till the damage and deaths amount to a KO.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Dextersinister

@diredrill said:

Madrox has taken down an entire Hydra base while being mind raped just by filling it with duplicates. If any of those duplicates gets his hand in Luke Cage's mouth he can kill him by creating duplicates inside Luke Cage. Given that with enough dupes, Madrox could also lift in excess of 35 tons this violates the strength limit. Jamie Madrox is one of the most terrifying mutants in Marvel.

Half the people listed so far could take a hydra base with ease and without any risk of being hurt.

That's debatable but unlikely given his durability, out of character without wasting your only team perk and requires a very specific attack when getting your fingers inside seems a lot trickier than simply using a very sharp knife.

Terrible logic, the 35 tonne is a strength limit on an individual because someone does far more damage with a punch 7 times stronger than 7 weaker ones. Would you rather take a dig to the stomach from a grown man or 7 from a small child. If it was down to lifting limit Luke Cage would go over that as well by supporting a lot more than 35 tonnes on his nearly indestructible frame. You could nitpick a lot of characters here.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

if Question out swap with Stealth from L.E.G.I.O.N. ( I can't recall if healing factors were Ok or not). http://www.comicvine.com/stealth/4005-12984/

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Healing factors are fine, there a re a few characters with healing factors.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batnorris: If this one is a success than yes I will, I'll tag you in the next one.

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: He's yours.

@mr_ingenuity: I don't know anything about Trafalgar Law.

@dextersinister: Nice try but no on C.C

@beatboks1: Given what you've said You can have Vic.

@dredeuced: Sorry but no, there two communication perks if you want your team linked. He can have six available to him (7 including his mask)

@cadencev2: Fair.

@jwalser3: Yeah I'm just waiting on @sherlock to pick his team then we can get underway.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Dredeuced

@sovereign91001: Oh that's fine, I thought you meant 6 including the mask, which would just mean 5 for other purposes. Effectively 7 is all I was fishing for.

Trafalgar Law has like, 100+ ton telekinesis like ability. He literally cut a mountain in half. He's also hypersonic+. There's absolutely no way he can be in this tourney.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: i want to make some switches.

Kurama (YYH) Dark Tourney Level (he may seem high level, however stat wise fits the rules)

Yuske (YYH) Spirit Detective Level

Vindicare Assassin (40K)

Captain Titus (40K)

All with Standard Gear.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@sovereign91001: Trafalgar Law is a space manipulator (a higher standard of teleportation) but to do this he must first create a room.

Room is the given area of space where his powers work. In this room he has the ability to move, cut, or switch virtually anything, unless it does not occupy space.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright here is my ruling: Madrox is allowed, there will be some caps on his powers in the interest of fairness.

1. I'm limiting him to half a dozen copies of himself ( I hadn't counted on actual duplication but I already don't want to flood the field with a hundred copies of Madrox in Vibranium armor, that's frankly O.P. imo)

2. He can't duplicate any perks/tech/gear other than his own. (General ruling all perks are attached to their character, they can't be swapped or traded among the team unless otherwise stated.)

Does that sound fair to everyone?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: when will the tournament start and what are the schedules

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By DireDrill

The more dupes he has out the lesser the effect of them getting killed or damage he feels. He is defeated more because he holds back because he knows what a dangerous man he is and can become thanks to his many adventures with Damien Tryp. There is a reason why most effective tourney and scenario threads ban the usage of duplicators.

It doesn't have to be a finger or a mouth, a foot in the anus can achieve the same effect. With multiple dupes swarming someone, getting one of their appendages into an orifice is less of a possibility and more of an inevitability. Remember, any attempt to push them away also generates another dupe.

Let's see any of these guys clear a Hydra base while being mind raped.

Keep in mind that my team already can counter him without issue, I merely want everyone to play on a fair-ish playing field.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Sounds like Trafaglar law is above limits, you're going to have to prove otherwise.

@dextersinister: Mercer is above limits.

@cadencev2: I was half expecting to see Roland in your changes :P Anywho that's fine.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000: A.S.A.P and forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by schedules? Matches?

I'll be determaning matches as soon as everyone's team picks are finalized

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Dextersinister

@sovereign91001: As long as he can replace lost dupes that seems exploitable enough. I would have replaced him with someone who can summon for my strategy.

I'll just replace Mercer with anti-venom as normal venom is taken.

Spot the Spider Man villain

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@sovereign91001: I was prepared to nerf him. But If thats not possible I'll take Rob Lucci, Gecko Moria, or Sir Crocodile (not really).

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Dredeuced

@sovereign91001: For reference, here is what Law is capable of:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cutting a mountain range in half. He can also lift entire battleships with a single finger:

And use shambles to swap people's souls/personalities/hearts into other people's bodies:

and, while he technically does not break the speed limits, he has kept up with Hypersonic opponents in combat (Smoker) -- many of the characters in this tournament have done similar, but he can straight up beat the crap out and toss around giants like fodder without using his room power(he cuts him in half with room, but then KOs/kills him with a single strike):

Argued correctly, I believe Law could solo this tournament with a combination of heart swap (making everyone's powers basically negated because of unfamiliarity) and room. Even if you limited the size of the room, it still has the power to lift/cut mountains in half.

I'd argue I know one piece as well as anyone on this forum and there's absolutely no way I could let Law slip into this tourney. That dude is freakin' op. He seriously might have the most powerful fruit ability in the entire manga.