I've played in a lot of tournaments so I thought it was about time I rolled out one of my own, I've adopted things I've liked in past tournaments tweaked some ideas and added a couple of my own and this is the result.
Here are the rules:
- Pick four characters All media are welcome although they must have feats.
- First come, first serve.
- Only one version of a character can be picked (example you pick Spider-Man, he's now off the table however SpOck, Ult. Spider-Man etc. are still available)
- New 52 and Post Crisis characters are considered separate unless other wise stated.
- All Marvel 616, feats are applicable.
All characters will have standard gear, basic knowledge, (unless they have prior knowledge) and are in character.
Fights may be won via K.O, Death or Incap.
Perks will be available at the beginning of each round. They will be divided into two lists; team and individual, you will get one team and two individual perks.
- There will be a mixture of straight up fights and objective missions so team dynamics and chemistry will come into play (there will a perk to make your team all work together but it will cost you your team perk slot).
- If I (or anyone else) feels a character is over limits, I will flag that character, it's up to the person who chose said character to prove they fit within the constraints, if you fail to do so you have to pick another character.
- In addition to perks there will rewards for the winners (those who finish their debates first will have first pick of the rewards).
- Hoping for sixteen players but we can roll with eight.
Strength: 35 tons
Speed: Spider-Man level
Durability: Luke Cage level
Energy Projection/ destructive capability: Cyclops with visor on.
Psychics: Telepathy limited to mind reading, T.K. at 1 ton or less.
The following abilities (not character’s) are Banned: Fantomex’s Misdirection (or like abilities), Gorgan’s Stone Stare (or like abilities), tele dismemberment, tele drop, tele frag mind rape, soul rape, power absorbtion/mimics, reality warping, Midnighter’s Battle computer, time manipulation. I’m sure I’ll be adding to this list but this is it for now.
I'm including the perk list so you can see what options you'll have available to you. pick your perks yet!
Prep Time: Gives your team three hours to make a plan and explore the battlefield beforehand, the battlefield cannot be altered and no additional gear or knowledge can be gained.
Full Knowledge: You're granted full knowledge of your opponents gear, powers, weaknesses etc.
Telepathic Team Link: Your team is linked together telepathically.
Bloodlusted: Your team will kill without hesitation or remorse, their mental states and emotional states remain in character.
The Goodie Bag: Grants each of your team members: A personal wrist mounted radar unit, wireless communicator earwig, gas masks, grenades,(1 flash bang, 1 smoke, 1 teargas) and high tech goggles (10x zoom HD optics, X-ray, Night vision)
Why can’t we be friends? : Your team all cooperates and will work together as if all existing personality clashes/enmity and bad blood didn’t exist.
Give me some Backup! : Grants your team complete control of an 4 man squad of S.H.I.E.L.D Agents outfitted in Civil War style Cape-Killer armor (includes gas masks, hover discs, com units, tranquilizer darts and paralyzer lasers)
Power Amp: Raises one of your character's strength by 5 tons
Defense Amp: Adds a full body coating of vibranium mesh weave armor to your character’s costume/outfit.
Speed Amp: Raises your characters reflexes by Batman levels.
Gear up: One member of your team can add a piece of non-standard gear to their arsenal that they have used previously provided the equipment doesn't put them over the tournament levels
Blades and bullets: You may turn your character’s bullets/thrown weapons/arrows into adamantium. Or your character’s hand held weapon can be transformed into an Adamantium version of itself.
Ninja: Completely silence’s your character’s movement, heart beat and breathing (any other noise they make can be heard normally)
Bag O' Grenades: Grants your character 2 electric shock, 2 E.M.P, 2 White Phosphorus , 2 Frag Grenades