#1 Edited by Sovereign91001 (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

I've played in a lot of tournaments so I thought it was about time I rolled out one of my own, I've adopted things I've liked in past tournaments tweaked some ideas and added a couple of my own and this is the result.

Here are the rules:

• Pick four characters All media are welcome although they must have feats.
  • First come, first serve.
  • Only one version of a character can be picked (example you pick Spider-Man, he's now off the table however SpOck, Ult. Spider-Man etc. are still available)
  • New 52 and Post Crisis characters are considered separate unless other wise stated.
  • All Marvel 616, feats are applicable.
  • All characters will have standard gear, basic knowledge, (unless they have prior knowledge) and are in character.

• Fights may be won via K.O, Death or Incap.

• Perks will be available at the beginning of each round. They will be divided into two lists; team and individual, you will get one team and two individual perks.

• There will be a mixture of straight up fights and objective missions so team dynamics and chemistry will come into play (there will a perk to make your team all work together but it will cost you your team perk slot).
  • If I (or anyone else) feels a character is over limits, I will flag that character, it's up to the person who chose said character to prove they fit within the constraints, if you fail to do so you have to pick another character.
  • In addition to perks there will rewards for the winners (those who finish their debates first will have first pick of the rewards).
  • Hoping for sixteen players but we can roll with eight.

Limitations

Strength: 35 tons

Speed: Spider-Man level

Durability: Luke Cage level

Energy Projection/ destructive capability: Cyclops with visor on.

Psychics: Telepathy limited to mind reading, T.K. at 1 ton or less.

The following abilities (not character’s) are Banned: Fantomex’s Misdirection (or like abilities), Gorgan’s Stone Stare (or like abilities), tele dismemberment, tele drop, tele frag mind rape, soul rape, power absorbtion/mimics, reality warping, Midnighter’s Battle computer, time manipulation. I’m sure I’ll be adding to this list but this is it for now.

I'm including the perk list so you can see what options you'll have available to you. Don't pick your perks yet!

Team Perks

Prep Time: Gives your team three hours to make a plan and explore the battlefield beforehand, the battlefield cannot be altered and no additional gear or knowledge can be gained.

Full Knowledge: You're granted full knowledge of your opponents gear, powers, weaknesses etc.

Telepathic Team Link: Your team is linked together telepathically.

Bloodlusted: Your team will kill without hesitation or remorse, their mental states and emotional states remain in character.

The Goodie Bag: Grants each of your team members: A personal wrist mounted radar unit, wireless communicator earwig, gas masks, grenades,(1 flash bang, 1 smoke, 1 teargas) and high tech goggles (10x zoom HD optics, X-ray, Night vision)

Why can’t we be friends? : Your team all cooperates and will work together as if all existing personality clashes/enmity and bad blood didn’t exist.

Give me some Backup! : Grants your team complete control of an 4 man squad of S.H.I.E.L.D Agents outfitted in Civil War style Cape-Killer armor (includes gas masks, hover discs, com units, tranquilizer darts and paralyzer lasers)

Individual Perks

Power Amp: Raises one of your character's strength by 5 tons

Defense Amp: Adds a full body coating of vibranium mesh weave armor to your character’s costume/outfit.

Speed Amp: Raises your characters reflexes by Batman levels.

Gear up: One member of your team can add a piece of non-standard gear to their arsenal that they have used previously provided the equipment doesn't put them over the tournament levels

Blades and bullets: You may turn your character’s bullets/thrown weapons/arrows into adamantium. Or your character’s hand held weapon can be transformed into an Adamantium version of itself.

Ninja: Completely silence’s your character’s movement, heart beat and breathing (any other noise they make can be heard normally)

Bag O' Grenades: Grants your character 2 electric shock, 2 E.M.P, 2 White Phosphorus , 2 Frag Grenades

#2 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9315 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001Is precog allowed?(Nothing that would let them view out how every plays go of course)

#3 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3951 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

Kaine (Scarlet Spider)

Prometheus

Edit: If post-crisis Karate Kid is allowed, i want him to replace Kaine, but if he isn't, the team as stated above.

#5 Edited by Sovereign91001 (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: I'm gonna have to say no to Karate Kid, otherwise you're good to go!

#6 Posted by Juiceboks (7435 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom(Brock)

Deathstroke

Sabretooth(Adamantium)

Gaara(Naruto)

#7 Edited by boschePG (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001:

Im in. Ill give you my two faves now and give my other two later as I think about it

Hawkeye 616

Hank Pym 616

Shaman

Creeper

#8 Edited by Sovereign91001 (3951 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9315 posts) - - Show Bio

- Kidou(Area D - Inou Ryouki)

- Six( Generator Rex)

- Mira(Area D - Inou Ryouki)(not sure about her though, http://aread.wikia.com/wiki/Mika) If not, "Owls Eye"(Area D - Inou Ryouki)

- Toto(Deadman Wonderland)

#10 Posted by boschePG (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001:

is Deadman allowed???

I want him if so but I think he will get denied

#11 Posted by Juiceboks (7435 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001

Question though, would Strider Hiryu be allowed?

If so then I would like to switch Sabretooth with him.

#12 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7074 posts) - - Show Bio

First two picks

New 52 Static Shock

Penance aka Robert Baldwin, Speed-ball

#14 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4359 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Alchemy

Double Down

Heat Wave

Owen Mercer(if not allowed than Captain Boomerang 1)

#15 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

cyborg

lady sif

superior spiderman

Hawkman

#16 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4359 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21: isn't Lady Sif Thor level(I am not familiar with the character)?

#17 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

no she can be if she bumps her magic up but her regular self is 35 tons and she is an ausome fighter i think she can do magic as well

#18 Edited by boschePG (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: I changed Daredevil to Shaman. If allowed. I think he will be but just telling yall

#19 Posted by boschePG (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: Im putting in for Creeper and Shaman. Thoughts? Creeper has a massive healing factor like Deadpool but his durability is under Luke Cage. I need some thoughts

#20 Edited by joewell (6242 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001:

Percy Jackson ( 5th book ): Riptide, Tyson's Shield, Hermes's Sandals, Ambrosia

Aang: Staff

Red X: Suit

Me Mow (Adventure Time): Poison, Knife

#21 Posted by DireDrill (2429 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Super Skrull

Veranke - Superskrull with Spider-woman and some form of unexplained exotic energy manipulation powers.

Rl'nnd - Superskrull with Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Cyclops and Colossus's powers. I'll only use his Colossus powers on his Claws so he doesn't breach the durability limit. .

X'iv - Superskrull with Daredevil, Elektra, Cloak, and Dagger's powers.

Criti Noll - Superskrull with Hank Pym, Quicksilver's Speed, Visions Density Shifting, Black Panther's power. I will not use Quicksilver's speed or Vision's Density Shifting if unacceptable.

Team Mean Machine

Sage

Madison Jefferies

Forge

Victor Mancha

Team Trek

Data

One - 29th Century Borg Prototype he has a variety of improvements over the standard Borg Drone.

Species 8472

Iden - Hologram armed with a Mobile Emitter. It can feel pain and can be KOed and if its Mobile Emitter is damaged it will also go down.

#22 Posted by boschePG (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: I would have picked Vision and Pietro but they dont fit the tourney boundaries IMO .Colossus strength also goes far above limits

#23 Posted by DireDrill (2429 posts) - - Show Bio

I specifically stated that I would do without the speed and density shifting. He still has Black Panther's speed so I am okay with losing Quicksilver's Speed.

I also specifically stated that I would only use Colossus's powers on his claws so I would not benefit from his strength or durability. I can also do without as well.

#24 Posted by Sherlock (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

I want in just let me get a team together

#26 Posted by Dextersinister (5663 posts) - - Show Bio

Madrox so far

@joewell said:

lol

@diredrill: Making slight changes to a character or using alternative versions or removing equipment to meet limits ok but taking away chunks of power from characters a good bit above street level to fit the rules means it's not really that character.

#27 Edited by Sovereign91001 (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg: Deadman is not allowed. I'm a little hazy on Shaman tbh what are his power levels? Creeper (from what I know) should be fine.

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Toto has power mimicy and I believe mind control via his blood correct? I couldn't find anything on Owls Eye so please educate me.

@mr_ingenuity: Alright they're yours.

@juiceboks: I don't know anything about Hiryu other than he's in UMVC3. What are his power levels?

@joewell: You can have them but Aang can't use the Avatar state.

@diredrill: I can't let you have the Super Skrull team, I don't want to set a presidence for power scaling. I'll say the tech team is fine but Madison can't use Box. Team Trek is a bit too powerful imo.

@dextersinister: He's yours

@sherlock: I'll save a spot for you.

I'm going to edit the O.P, time manip is out as well.

#29 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4359 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1: I don't know anything about Double Down, what are his power levels.

#31 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4359 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001:

Skin is made up of "cursed" playing cards; can psionically remove and control the razor-sharp cards. He can use a card's razor edges to cut through objects, or to encase an opponent with his cards.

#32 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1: He should be fine, but the encasing people in cards falls under BFR which isn't allowed in this tourney so just a heads up.

#33 Edited by DireDrill (2429 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: Team Mean Machine is just fine, I don't want or need Box. I was hoping for the Team Super Skrulls because I like Skrulls but I understand your issue. I am surprised that you think Team Trek is too powerful.

@dextersinister, I don't want the aspects that are outside of the scope of the rules as they do not fit my strategy.

#34 Edited by Sovereign91001 (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

11 spots down, 5 left!

#35 Posted by Juiceboks (7435 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001 He's an A class Strider who's skills with his Cypher are virtually unmatched. He moves at speeds great enough to where his hands can slice through human flesh like a sword. He regularly moves faster than the human eye can follow(not very special I know), his Cypher is plasma charged and as such can dice a moderate sized boulder with ease.

#37 Edited by Sovereign91001 (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

Teams (**= waiting approval)

@calebhara:

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

Kaine (Scarlet Spider)

Prometheus

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

Kidou(Area D - Inou Ryouki)

Six( Generator Rex)

"Owls Eye"(Area D - Inou Ryouki) **

Toto(Deadman Wonderland) **

@juiceboks:

Venom(Brock)

Deathstroke

Strider Hiryu

Gaara(Naruto)

@boschepg:

Hawkeye 616

Hank Pym 616

Shaman **

Creeper

@mr_ingenuity:

New 52 Static Shock

Penance aka Robert Baldwin, Speed-ball

@joeagentofhand1

Dr Alchemy

Double Down

Heat Wave

Owen Mercer

@oceanmaster21:

cyborg

lady sif

superior spiderman

Hawkman

@joewell:

Percy Jackson ( 5th book ): Riptide, Tyson's Shield, Hermes's Sandals, Ambrosia

Aang: Staff (No Avatar state)

Red X: Suit

@diredrill:

Sage

Madison Jefferies

Forge

Victor Mancha

@sherlock:

Spot Saved

@dextersinister:

Madrox

#38 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3951 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Veitha (2726 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by DireDrill (2429 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha said:

@sovereign91001: is this team fine?

Moonstone

Poison Ivy

Spider Woman

Mera

Only one of those people is street level. Moonstone can trade blows with the Hulk. Poison Ivy can summon tentacles big enough to crush skyscrapers. Mera's Hydrokinesis would allow her to violate the strength limit as well as the telekinesis limit. Spider-Woman is the only one who is street level.

Madrox should also be disallowed. Duplication provides far too powerful an advantage especially if combined with any of the Personal Perks. Could you imagine 50 5 Tonners running at you? Or a hundred grenades coming your way? It is just too ridiculous.

#41 Edited by Veitha (2726 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha said:

@sovereign91001: is this team fine?

Moonstone

Poison Ivy

Spider Woman

Mera

Only one of those people is street level. Moonstone can trade blows with the Hulk. Poison Ivy can summon tentacles big enough to crush skyscrapers. Mera's Hydrokinesis would allow her to violate the strength limit as well as the telekinesis limit. Spider-Woman is the only one who is street level.

Madrox should also be disallowed. Duplication provides far too powerful an advantage especially if combined with any of the Personal Perks. Could you imagine 50 5 Tonners running at you? Or a hundred grenades coming your way? It is just too ridiculous.

The first team I wanted to choose was another, but then I saw people like Cyborg, Aang(he's also over the TK limits, isn't he?), Iron Fist(he destroyed a Hellicarrier with a single bow), Penance(who was able to fight against Nova Prime), Static Shock and Hank Pym, then Moonstone's energy blasts are fine with the limits(Scott's blasts have hurt WWH with his visor on, she's on that level), she's also a 25 tonner and she can be hurt while she's tangible.

Anyway, if my team doesn't fit the rules I'll use my first idea:

Typhoid Mary;

Cyclops;

Spider Woman;

Daken.

#42 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9315 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: Toto's power only copies Deadman blood abilities, and I would only use what he has already managed to get.

"Owls Eye" can hit anything in his field of vision

Edit: No, he doesn't have mind control powers

#43 Edited by DireDrill (2429 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: Aang without the Avatar has never really done much with his powers that would put him over the limits. Iron Fist's feat was energy projection not strength, energy projection is okay. I can't comment on Cyborg because I don't know which Cyborg this is. I haven't read nu52 Static so I don't know his power levels. Hank Pym is within rules so long as he doesn't grow to above like 60 feet or so. Current Moonstone has strength and durability that allow her to stand up to beings like Miss Marvel or the Hulk.

Many people don't understand that Scott's visor only limits his field of view lowering his area of effect, it has no bearing in his power.

Either way, your second team doesn't appear to violate any rules.

#44 Posted by beatboks1 (6933 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohh what the hell

Justice

Vic Sage ( do his illusions DQ him??)

Liberty Belle ( Libby Lawrence - with her sonic blasts)

Phantom Lady ( Sandra Knight) _ Sandra's black Light ray only had the capacity for the darkness beam and internalizing it for invisibility. No phasing, lasers, matter manip, etc.

#45 Edited by HigorM (3493 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by joewell (6242 posts) - - Show Bio

#47 Edited by New_World_Order (12302 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001:

1. New 52 Batman
  2. Gorgon
  3. Spider-Man ( Peter Parker )
  4. Mister Negative
#48 Posted by jwalser3 (4793 posts) - - Show Bio
  • DeathStroke(New 52)
  • Judge Dredd
  • Predator(Elder)
  • DeadShot(Pre 52)

I would much rather have Pre 52 DeathStroke but I see he is already taken.

#49 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001:

Kurama (YYH) Dark Tourney Level (he may seem high level, however stat wise fits the rules)

Yuske (YYH) Spirit Detective Level

Ghost Rider Blaze

Ghost Rider Ketch

All with Standard Gear.