Sound vs Earth vs Air

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By .Ajax.

3 manipulators are pitted against each other, and each one controls a different thing which are sound, earth and air.

Here are the rules:

• Each manipulator is essentially a genetic copy of each other minus their respective power so everything is equal in terms of mental capacity, athleticism, etc.
  • They are master`s of their abilities and each have the same skill level in terms of controlling their powers
  • Fight is won through death of other two manipulators or KO. No BFR allowed.
  • And for some fun, despite who you think would win, which ability would you like to have and why?
.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By .Ajax.

Sorry for the double post, please lock one of the topics

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By greenteaforme

Sound is nothing without air. It's basically air pressure in waves. The air person would be able to completely cancel out the sound person's power.

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By .Ajax.

@greenteaforme said:

Sound is nothing without air. It's basically air pressure in waves. The air person would be able to completely cancel out the sound person's power.

Never thought about that. So who wins between air and earth?

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordOfFate

Air>Sound>Earth

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By FourthDeity

@Lord Shiva said:

Air>Sound>Earth

This.But to answer the Bonus I would like to have

Air>Earth>Sound

Aang has inspired me to want to manipulate Air and Earth.Sound is just..Too offensive.. I would much rather fly on an air bubble than pop peoples ears with a high pitched sound

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onilordasmodeus

I'm not so sure Air beats Earth outright. Sure Air should be much faster and more nimble than Earth, but I think Earth may be more versatile than Air; ash, magma, sand, stone, crystal. Depending on the situation, Earth can get advantage.

Sound probably beats Earth though, vibrations and all that. And yeah, Air does cancel out Sound pretty easily.
.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By .Ajax.

I would see air winning the battle but if I had to pick which one of these abilities I wanted, I'd definitely go with earth.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vouile
Air > Earth > Sound
Earth is a solid and Sound is not. It will take longer for sound to do any physical damage.
Air is nimble and fast. The speed in Air could do quite some damage!

@.Ajax.

You should have added water too. But if that were the case, Air beats Water! xD
Vouile
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeanroygrant

Air.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Roddy010

Air all day...

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jorgevy

Air wins and Id choose Air. Specially assumming you can levitate or fly with it and move objects a la telekinesis

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By .Ajax.

Air seems to take the win!

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Oni_Bane

I say Earth a solid wall can block Air. Beside you can murder your enemies by sink them to the core, or take the Earth under their feet and flatten them. Earth is my favorite out of all the element. You could form giant Earth hands. The possibilities are endless. Personally I would just entomb them it 5 feet thick work of rock or iron. Let them die slowly.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Air IMO. 

@ 1:43 
minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By minigunman123

Air wins and I'd choose air, and hopefully I'd be able to use electricity and storms and stuff.

Another thing people didn't think about is weather. If the Airbender (lol) can manipulate weather, it's a pretty easy fight for the Air dude. Even without it though, sound carries in air (or more precisely, in any medium, but assuming the fights take place above water and ground, it travels mostly in air), so the air user would destroy the sound user unless both sound and earth teamed up to destroy the air user; sound can travel in solid materials, thus it could be an effective team-up. Anyway, here are all the possible matches from beginning to end, the way I see it:

Air attacks earth, earth attacks air, sound attacks air; air is going to lose if earth and air team up against the air avatar ("avatar" as in, "user", not as in "guy who can wield all elements"), if they are completely uncoordinated however, air can destroy sound first and then attack earth, but air still has a high chance of losing.

Air attacks earth, earth attacks sound, sound attacks earth; sound is not destroyed by earth because air and earth are also fighting, so sound has some advantage. Earth dies first, then sound.

Air attacks earth, earth attacks sound, sound attacks air; air and earth both dominate and/or counterattack easily against sound, sound dies first. Air dominates earth after he's worn down.

Air attacks earth, earth attacks air, sound attacks earth; earth dies first again, then sound is easily destroyed by air.

Air attacks sound, earth attacks sound, sound attacks air; Sound is destroyed. Utterly. Air then proceeds to very likely destroy Earth.

Air attacks sound, earth attacks sound, sound attacks earth; again, sound is utterly destroyed, the slightly worn down earth is destroyed by air somewhat easily.

Air attacks sound, earth attacks air, sound attacks air; if they coordinate, air could lose easily, and then earth destroys sound. If not, air destroys sound first, but because of the distraction and mounting wounds of two battles at the same time, could still lose, in which case earth wins.

Air attacks sound, earth attacks air, sound attacks earth; sound is the first to die, then if air is not damaged too much from dodging earth while destroying sound, can take the fight from earth and win.

Overall, the Air user has, by far, the best chance of survival.

As for powers, I'd love to have powers of air, the above battle simulations notwithstanding. Flying is just too awesome to pass up.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Lord Shiva said:

Air>Sound>Earth

This.

In this scenario air can cancel or greatly diminish sound and is a very effective defense to earth based abilities.

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By .Ajax.

I still don't really see how air can get the win over earth however

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@.Ajax.: I'm right there with you.
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By D3athstroke

Earth anytime

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LordOfFate

@.Ajax. said:

I still don't really see how air can get the win over earth however

For me, it's this

No Caption Provided
.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By .Ajax.

That was the only way I could think of air actually winning. Earth on the other hand has many more options imo.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By beatboks1

@Oni_Bane said:

I say Earth a solid wall can block Air. Beside you can murder your enemies by sink them to the core, or take the Earth under their feet and flatten them. Earth is my favorite out of all the element. You could form giant Earth hands. The possibilities are endless. Personally I would just entomb them it 5 feet thick work of rock or iron. Let them die slowly.

Ever heard of erosion ?? Also without air how does the earth manipulator survive to fight??

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LordOfFate

@.Ajax. said:

That was the only way I could think of air actually winning. Earth on the other hand has many more options imo.

There not many options if earth attacks can't reach the air elemental.

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By .Ajax.

I'm sure we've all heard of erosion. One problem, erosion takes an extremely long time and despite them being super humans I highly doubt the air manipulator could erode a rock shield fast enough to prevent the earth manipulator from making its next move.

He has things that can bring the air elemental down, throw rocks and giant boulders, erect giant earth pillars from the ground. He can fly as well via levitating earth beneath his feet. I do agree that the air elemental does win through taking away oxygen, but if that was not possible for whatever reason I don't see how air could pull out a win any other way.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LordOfFate

@.Ajax. said:

He has things that can bring the air elemental down, throw rocks and giant boulders, erect giant earth pillars from the ground. He can fly as well via levitating earth beneath his feet. I do agree that the air elemental does win through taking away oxygen, but if that was not possible for whatever reason I don't see how air could pull out a win any other way.

Throwing stuff is pointless if the air elemental can easily deflect it with winds. If the air elemental stayed on the ground I can see the Earth elemental winning but once the air elemental get in the air it there not much the Earth elemental can do.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By onilordasmodeus

In theory, the earth user can do the same thing as the Air user by submerging him in the earth. Or even worse by encasing him suit of earth and suffocating him that way.

Also by encasing the air user in a rock suit or something similar, it is possible to weigh the air user down and ancor them to the ground. In the same fashion, if the air user caught the Earth user in a vaccum, the Earth user could pull/push himslef out of the storm, or create a suit of rock to protect himself.
.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By .Ajax.

@onilordasmodeus said:

In theory, the earth user can do the same thing as the Air user by submerging him in the earth. Or even worse by encasing him suit of earth and suffocating him that way.Also by encasing the air user in a rock suit or something similar, it is possible to weigh the air user down and ancor them to the ground. In the same fashion, if the air user caught the Earth user in a vaccum, the Earth user could pull/push himslef out of the storm, or create a suit of rock to protect himself.

Exactly what I was thinking.

aquarius1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By aquarius1480

Um ever seen what tornadoes do I am pretty sure some of us have online.Earth has nothing on air.Red tornado from dc comics destroys buildings in seconds..that's including rock, glass, and steel which is way stronger than rock. Another example storm from the x men crush a starship with air pressure. Now I pretty sure lighting also can crumble rock from wind friction. Another example when aang and bumi fought in last airbender..bumi sank him to the ground and aang twisted his way out of it by using air. Aang wasn't even trying cause he is a passive person. Imagine if he did go all out? woo lol.