#1 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

NO prep time. To the KO, BFR, or Death. Morals ON. Neutral setting, starting 100 ft apart... BATTLE!

#2 Posted by SlimJ87D (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange?

#3 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeppers. CLASSIC "Sorcerer Supreme" Doctor Strange, versus CURRENT "Marvel" Zeus! ;)

#4 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Zeus beat PR Beyonder?

#5 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange FTW

#6 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Zeus go toe to toe against the Living Tribunal?

#7 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

No...

#8 Posted by laflux (13679 posts) - - Show Bio

strange

#9 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, poor Zeus! So... Zeus can beat Current Hulk like a red-headed step child, and STOMP Teams of Heroes, but has NO CHANCE against S.S. Doctor Strange, with NO prep?!

#10 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (332 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing is, Classic Dr. Strange was the Prime defender of the Multiverse. He protects the multiverse from forces outside of the multiverse such as Beyonder. Zeus roll is to be the figure head of Olympus who is rivaled by other figure heads of the pantheon order. He's not a defender of the multiverse awhole because he doesn't have the power to defend the entire multiverse.

#11 Posted by SlimJ87D (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathsHead2 said:

Wow, poor Zeus! So... Zeus can beat Current Hulk like a red-headed step child, and STOMP Teams of Heroes, but has NO CHANCE against S.S. Doctor Strange, with NO prep?!

Yes, of course. Zeus honestly hasn't shown much at all compared to even Odin who has notable feats against Thanos and SS, along with many other feats.

There's even a Classic Match up of where Zeus and Thor meet and Zeus didn't do much to Thor (this is Classic Thor though who is much stronger than current Thor).

Classic Strange would kill Hulk with a few twitches of his finger if he really wanted to. Classic Strange has even made Galactus see his worse fears and caused the planet eater to pass out in grief. He has even surprised the Living Tribunal among other things that puts him above Zeus who like I said has minimum feats as of right now.

Taken from a very old post of mine:

@MarvelJackAss433 said:

" @SlimJ87D: I haven't seen many feats from Zeus besides strength and lightning. "

Yeah this is true and it was discussed in Vance Astro's topic that he made more than a year ago.

The only feat we know of right now is him not even fighting close to half strength beating on one of the strongest incarnations of Hulk.

All his feats and accomplishments are off panel and retold by others:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/zeus_olympus.htm

That's a history of his appearances and accomplishments. If you look up most of the comics all the stuff he does is off panel.

For me it just makes sense logically for Zeus to be above Thor for the sake of their ranks, All-Father level vs lower god. Can I prove it? Not entirely.

#12 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Look through history. Odin was just an ant compared Zom when he tried lending his assistance to subdue Zom during the Zom arc. Strange and Ancient One struggled as well and did alot better than Odin. Further noted is that Dormammu was the one that had the biggest impact on Zom so when people compare Dormammu as an Odin level par, it seems a bit laughable. Zeus should be a roughly equal to Odin. That said, Zeus is clearly no match for Zom which Strange is much more resistant to Zom's power than Odin and Zeus.

#13 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Dr. Strange.

#14 Posted by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarvelRulesTheWorld said:

Look through history. Odin was just an ant compared Zom when he tried lending his assistance to subdue Zom during the Zom arc. Strange and Ancient One struggled as well and did alot better than Odin. Further noted is that Dormammu was the one that had the biggest impact on Zom so when people compare Dormammu as an Odin level par, it seems a bit laughable. Zeus should be a roughly equal to Odin. That said, Zeus is clearly no match for Zom which Strange is much more resistant to Zom's power than Odin and Zeus.

Do you have scans of their battle with Zom, what is the name of that story arc?

#15 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarvelRulesTheWorld: with no prep i dont think strange is getting any help

#16 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (332 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker: Strange's prep is finished ever since he became Sorcerer Supreme. All he has to do is use a gesture and Zeus is gone.

#17 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarvelRulesTheWorld: to be fair isent that all zeus needs to do

#18 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (332 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker: Sure Zeus can use gestures, but it's not going to do anything to Strange. Keep in mind that Dr. Strange was capable of defeating all Infinity Gems separately and has managed to negate the full array of the Infinity Gauntlet against him.

#19 Posted by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker: Sure Zeus can use gestures, but it's not going to do anything to Strange. Keep in mind that Dr. Strange was capable of defeating all Infinity Gems separately and has managed to negate the full array of the Infinity Gauntlet against him.

Scaaaans please

#20 Posted by Montaq (932 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Zeus beat PR Beyonder?

Can Zeus go toe to toe against the Living Tribunal?

No, but nether can Strange.

Strange has managed to negate the full array of the Infinity Gauntlet against him.

No he hasn't.

#21 Posted by amazinglover (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I go with classic strange better feats plus he was basically as strong as the plot needed. I wish marvel would give Zeus some more air time a Zeus/Hercules vs Thor/Odin war would be kinda cool

#22 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda have to say Strange, only because Zeus (unlike Odin) lacks feats.

#23 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange

Good you never gave him prep.....never give Dr. Strange prep.....NEVER!

#24 Edited by alexandrinus (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@DeathsHead2 said:

Yes, of course. Zeus honestly hasn't shown much at all compared to even Odin who has notable feats against Thanos and SS, along with many other feats.

There's even a Classic Match up of where Zeus and Thor meet and Zeus didn't do much to Thor (this is Classic Thor though who is much stronger than current Thor).

Classic Strange would kill Hulk with a few twitches of his finger if he really wanted to. Classic Strange has even made Galactus see his worse fears and caused the planet eater to pass out in grief. He has even surprised the Living Tribunal among other things that puts him above Zeus who like I said has minimum feats as of right now.

Taken from a very old post of mine:

@MarvelJackAss433 said:

" @SlimJ87D: I haven't seen many feats from Zeus besides strength and lightning. "

Yeah this is true and it was discussed in Vance Astro's topic that he made more than a year ago.

The only feat we know of right now is him not even fighting close to half strength beating on one of the strongest incarnations of Hulk.

All his feats and accomplishments are off panel and retold by others:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/zeus_olympus.htm

That's a history of his appearances and accomplishments. If you look up most of the comics all the stuff he does is off panel.

For me it just makes sense logically for Zeus to be above Thor for the sake of their ranks, All-Father level vs lower god. Can I prove it? Not entirely.

In the figth Zeus had with Thor, he was holding back... Odin said so, in a later story to Thor himself. Zeus did not want to kill/hurt Thor too much. Zeus also did defeat one of the most powerfull avengers rooster, rather easilly (Thor, She-hulk, Namor, Captain America, the Black Knigth, Doctor Druid, Wasp, Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) and Hercules.). Not even with the help of the gods such as Afrodite, Hermes, Hera and Prometheus did they stood a chance. The figth was rather long but that was because he dind't want to kill the avengers fast... he wanted them to suffer because he was blaming them for the beating Hercules took at the hands of the Master of Evil. But when he got tired he just made one single move and the avengers were out for the count.

Still I do agree when you say most of Zeus feats are off panel and that Classic Strange would defeat him. Classic Strange was way too powerfull.

#25 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange was a beast.
He wins this.

#26 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Classic Dr. Strange.

#27 Edited by TheNewFalcon (127 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO dr strange is a 'mere mortal' yet he beats skyfarthers.. brilliant.

#28 Posted by JwwProd (8452 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Strange destroys Zeus.

#29 Posted by NeonPheonix (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Strangestomp that's right I just made that up