PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By PikminMania

@Jflash794:

Round 1 (Basic levels): Sonic wins, speed is better than Mario and Megaman's energy blasts.

Round 2 (2 weapons): Megaman wins, he has weapons that could defeat Sonic.

Round 3(strongest levels): Sonic wins, Super Sonic is too much for Megaman, same with Giant Mario.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite

Round 1: Sonic, maybe.

Round 2: Megaman he stops time and murder stomps.

Round 3: Megaman again. He bfrs both his opponents with a black hole.

Jflash794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jflash794

@Decoy Elite: Sonic actually survived a black hole so hes cool witht that

well actually it depends on the source

also sonic with one chaos emerald can freeze time so super sonic may not be able to be frozen

@PikminMania:

giant mario isnt his super im pretty sure its rainbow mario

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By KainScion

sonic all of them. he's just to fast. and cooler than roboboy and the plumber from italy.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Jflash794: What version of Sonic are we using?

I assumed games TBH.

Also what version of Megaman and Mario?

Jflash794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jflash794

well by games standards he can escape a blackhole by shows standard he can survive one, and by comic he can do both

also i kind of want an explanation of the battle

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Death Certificate

@Decoy Elite said:

Sonic can actually run away from small black holes.

Skip to 5:55

Jflash794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jflash794

also since super sonic in most games is 1000 times faster apparently then normal chances are much better

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanroygrant

@PikminMania said:

@Jflash794:

Round 1 (Basic levels): Sonic wins, speed is better than Mario and Megaman's energy blasts.

Round 3(strongest levels): Sonic wins, Super Sonic is too much for Megaman, same with Giant Mario.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PikminMania

@Death Certificate said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Sonic can actually run away from small black holes.

Skip to 5:55

Adding on to your point, Super Sonic can run much faster, and Giant Mario is basically invincible and can run about as far as Sonic. Megaman comes in last on the last round.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@PikminMania: If star mario is unlimited and/ or Giant mario is unlimited, how is Sonic gonna beat him? It's one of those things where i'm kinda confused on his abilities, especially in battles.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PikminMania

@Soothing_Sounds said:

@PikminMania: If star mario is unlimited and/ or Giant mario is unlimited, how is Sonic gonna beat him? It's one of those things where i'm kinda confused on his abilities, especially in battles.

They both last about the same time. The only difference is that when Sonic comes out of SS, he is at full health.

Jflash794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jflash794

Sonic actually is much faster then mario, but mario is much stronger

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Army2442

@PikminMania said:

@Jflash794:

Agreed.

Avatar image for the_hooded_hero
The Hooded Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Hooded Hero

ahahahahaha

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By MrDirector786

@The Hooded Hero said:

ahahahahaha

LOL

Gold_Kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gold_Kitsune

@Jflash794:

It doesn't do him any good if he can't hit Sonic.

If Sonic can last to the final round than he wins, But MegaMan has a very high chance of killing him with his Mid-level weapons/transformations.

But we cannot forget Mario's Star power....

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cavedweller88

You know ive always wonderd about this how fast do you think Super Sonic at his top speed could go? Does anybody think he could possibly match the Flashs top speed? Given that he can already run faster than the speed of sound normaly (which isnt faster than the Flash i know) and in Super Sonic mode a Thousend times or more beyond that, is it possible with all his power on full blast? Im just curious so please dont burn me everybody.

Gold_Kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gold_Kitsune

@afrothunder:1000% faster not 1000 times therefore super sonic is 100times as fast as normal. um yea I'd say he could match flash level speed.

Super sonic, full blast is certainly fast enogh to match flash normal speed. Flash full blast would still be greater, but I think super sonic could race him and not look totally stupid.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrDirector786

@afrothunder said:

You know ive always wonderd about this how fast do you think Super Sonic at his top speed could go? Does anybody think he could possibly match the Flashs top speed? Given that he can already run faster than the speed of sound normaly (which isnt faster than the Flash i know) and in Super Sonic mode a Thousend times or more beyond that, is it possible with all his power on full blast? Im just curious so please dont burn me everybody.

At best, I think Super Sonic goes light speed. Flash can go much faster than that. So in a race, Super Sonic would get owned by Flash. On the other hand, if it's a fight between Super Sonic and Flash, either Super Sonic wins or it's a stalemate because Flash can't really hurt Super Sonic and Super Sonic has tons of other powers like time/space manipulation. Flash could only stalemate by using his speed to keep away from Super Sonic since he's still faster.

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cavedweller88

@Gold_Kitsune: What about if he used the Super Chaos Emeralds and went Hyper Sonic, you think possibly he could match Flashs top speed then? Also i dont think its been recorded (or maybe it has) what his top regular speed is, i mean we already know he can run faster than the speed of sound normaly but what if he went all-out, at the very least imo he could match Supermans speed i mean anybody whos anybody knows Sonics faster than a speeding bullet lol. Again this is just my curiosity these are the kind of things kids often talked or wonderd about back in the 90's i know i did.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrDirector786

@afrothunder said:

@Gold_Kitsune: What about if he used the Super Chaos Emeralds and went Hyper Sonic, you think possibly he could match Flashs top speed then? Also i dont think its been recorded (or maybe it has) what his top regular speed is, i mean we already know he can run faster than the speed of sound normaly but what if he went all-out, at the very least imo he could match Supermans speed i mean anybody whos anybody knows Sonics faster than a speeding bullet lol. Again this is just my curiosity these are the kind of things kids often talked or wonderd about back in the 90's i know i did.

Hyper Sonic never appeared anywhere except Sonic 3 and Knuckles so I have no idea what his top speed would be. We should probably wait until he either appears in another game or I could try to find an appearance in the comics.

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cavedweller88

@MrDirector786: Well to be honest i dont think its ever been stated what his top speeds are in Regular, Super, or Hyper forms, we can only assume what his speeds are like Regular is at the speed of sound, Super is probably light speed, so Hyper would most likly be at Flashs top speed since its stronger than Super, (although how strong im not sure)? The description on Hyper Sonic states it being everything Super Sonic is but Stronger so i agree your guess would be as good as mine until Sega releses some info on him or he makes a return apperence in the comics or the games (which i hope will happen because i never got the chance to use him or even knew he existed *bummed*).

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sonic or Megaman

Mario is non factor

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By redhood21

megaman. unless protoman comes by. then...PROTOOOOOOMAAAAAAAAN

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Iju

@PikminMania said:

@Jflash794:

megaman doesnt win in the least. he would be spindashed in under sonic second. do you know how many times sonic has dealt with robots and "weapons"? the weapon are useless against a highly trained warrior that is the fastest thing alive.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PikminMania

@Iju said:

@PikminMania said:

@Jflash794:

megaman doesnt win in the least. he would be spindashed in under sonic second. do you know how many times sonic has dealt with robots and "weapons"? the weapon are useless against a highly trained warrior that is the fastest thing alive.

Megaman has a weapon that can stop time, the chaos emerald's can only slow down time. Megaman could walk Sonic and shoot him in the face.

The order:

Round 1:

1. Sonic
  2. Megaman
  3. Mario

Round 2:

1. Megaman
  2. Mario
  3. Sonic

Round 3:

1. Sonic
  2. Mario
  3. Megaman
Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Sonic, due to speed

Round 2: Megaman if were counting Megaman X, as I remember he had a weapon that could completely freeze time. If not him, then Sonic again, due to Chaos Control

Round 3: Sonic, now due to having all 7 Chaos Emeralds.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jeanroygrant

Sonic

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#32  Edited By AssertingValor

I grew up with sonic, so naturally i say he wins everything.......

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Iju

@PikminMania said:

@Iju said:

@PikminMania said:

@Jflash794:

Megaman has a weapon that can stop time, the chaos emerald's can only slow down time. Megaman could walk Sonic and shoot him in the face.

The order:

Round 1:

1. Sonic
  2. Megaman
  3. Mario

Round 2:

1. Megaman
  2. Mario
  3. Sonic

Round 3:

1. Sonic
  2. Mario
  3. Megaman

you got it all confused. here, ill do it for you.

Round 1

Sonic.

Round 2 .

Sonic

Round 3.

SONIC!!!!

even if megaman has "weapons to stop time", sonic can unfreeze with his speed. he traveled time, after all. the emeralds can freeze time anyway.

Sonci wikia: http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Control

"In Sonic Heroes, Chaos Control is part of Team Dark's Team Blast, Chaos Inferno. When activated, the power stops time for everything around them for a few seconds and the "Chaos Inferno" is unleashed, destroying everything in the direct vicinity. In the final battle, Metal Sonic may use Chaos Control, after he copied Sonic and Shadow's data; this freezes time to prevent Team Super Sonic from moving or attacking, and also stops the clock, but their rings still drain away while Chaos Control is in effect. Like in the 2-player mode of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, the duration of Chaos Control can be reduced by rapidly pressing buttons."

Again:

"In Sonic Riders, Shadow has the ability to throw small Chaos projectiles at enemies, or throw a large Chaos Control orb that freezes the enemy in time."

chaos control can do anything. as you can see. Sonic wins.

P.S. also, who says that Megaman has to freeze time in order to win? Sonic will kill him before Megaman has time to even move. Sonic is faster than a nanosecond, the smallest from of a second of today.

Acrosurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Acrosurge

Hey guys! First time posting on Comicvine! I love Sonic and Mario and Mega Man. In fact, this is the focus of a video game party taking place at my house tonight. So many good memories.

I'm curious, which version of the characters are we talking about here? The video game versions? Comic book versions (both Mega Man and Sonic have them). For the most part, I'm solidly behind Mega Man taking any battle that doesn't involve Super or Hyper Sonic. He's got too much strength, firepower, durability, and agility for the other VG legends to handle. I think Sonic's speed might help him last longer than Mario, but then, Mega Man has dealt with guys even faster than the game version of Sonic (threats with superior speed, durability, and offensive firepower to boot).

Great topic!

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jorgevy

Megaman and Sonic stomp Mario and go out for beers or whatever videogame characters drink because they rock

PerfectNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PerfectNazo

@afrothunder: I'm guessing twice as fast since it took 14 emeralds to turn into Hyper Sonic. ( 7 chaos emeralds and 7 super emeralds ), while it only takes 7 chaos emeralds to transform into Super Sonic.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

@Jorgevy said:

Megaman and Sonic stomp Mario and go out for beers or whatever videogame characters drink because they rock

Agreed that mario wouldnt beat them, but sonic would beat megaman seeing sonics extremly faster.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jorgevy

@deadpool6_6_6: Im not arguing in battle terms, just in fanboy/appreciation terms.

I love megaman and sonic, but mario? not so much

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

@Jorgevy: I enjoyed the mario games alot more in supernintendo than megaman or sonic on sega genises., but if comparing these three i agree with you megaman and sonic would beat the crap out of mario.

Bruce27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bruce27

Mario would win! He's practically invisible with the stars and rainbow star.

PerfectNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PerfectNazo

I like the Mario games a lot, but I enjoy Sonic games more because of the fast paced action. Megaman? I was never really interested in him.

slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I take back what I said earlier Mario might steal a win with that star

PerfectNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PerfectNazo

@slacker the hacker: But what if Sonic gains that invincibility box?

Plus he's very fast, almost Flash level, I'm sure he can avoid Mario if he gets a starman.

slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PerfectNazo said:

@slacker the hacker: But what if Sonic gains that invincibility box?

Plus he's very fast, almost Flash level, I'm sure he can avoid Mario if he gets a starman.

I suppose then a stalemate or both explode and Megaman wins

Acrosurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Acrosurge

@PerfectNazo: The game version of Sonic is not as fast as the Flash. As regular Sonic, he might be able to reach Mach 3 or so, but he can't maneuver as well as the Flash at those speeds. As for invincibility, Mega Man has his own version using Beat Shield from Mega Man and Bass.

Mega Man games take a good amount of practice and skill to play. They're much harder than Mario and Sonic, however, Mega Man gets a much more powerful arsenal than his counterparts, including time stops, black holes, weather control, asteroid summons, and Rush transformations. He could steal the items or Rings from Mario and Sonic with Grab Buster and reflect their attacks right back at them with the Mirror Buster.

From a game mechanics standpoint, Mega Man easily has the tightest controls. He can make the most precise jumps and evasion of enemy attacks. From a game design standpoint, Mario stands head and shoulders above both Sonic and Mega Man. He might not be your favorite, but historically speaking, Mario has been the one to pioneer platforming games and continues to keep them innovative and fun to this day.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Acrosurge: the legendary Mega Man expert Acrosurge ..... wow ... this is awsome ....... because of you for the most part....Rock is no longer underrated (due to the whole lava and spikes thing) ....

and as for this fight .... I do think that the blue bomber wins due to being the most fortified and defense-able fighter here....Sonic would have to be around super and Mario starred up to even remotely damage him when he's got his shielding and reflection abilities.....his travel speed isn't quite up to Sonics, but he caught Quick Man ...... his reaction speed is what's gonna get him the win

If it was X..........well.........lets not even go there...

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By FourthDeity

Sonic could easily speedblitz everyone here.

if this is the game versions megaman stomps.

sure he can run from ONE black whole.. how about megaman shoots three at him?

Acrosurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Acrosurge

Legendary? *blushes* Mega Man is much less accessible to most gamers, who can't handle the difficulty. The details regarding Mega Man and the other characters are fairly obscure, available only through sourcebooks and other official Capcom publications, so I do what I can to spread the knowledge. Little by little, excellent comics like Archie's Mega Man series are introducing Rock to new audiences. And for the most part, Archie writer Ian Flynn has done his research on Mega Man. Its cool to see, since Capcom doesn't seem interested in developing their own character right now. But that's a subject for another time.

Among other things, Sonic would have no defense against Mega Man's Gravity Hold. It hits its target with 20x normal gravity, then reverses gravity with the same force. This would fling Sonic into the stratosphere, assuming he could even survive continuous 20Gs without being turned into jelly. Most of Mega Man's area effect attacks would likewise circumvent any speed advantages Sonic might have. These include sheet lighting, time stops, tornadoes, and dimensional compression.

I'm also wondering if Sonic's Spin Dash or Homing Attacks would actually hurt Mega Man, considering the durability of his Ceramic Titanium Armor, which by feats seems superior to the metal Eggman uses to armor his machines and robots.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Acrosurge: wow Archie's got Mega Man Comics? I didn't know Rock had all these abilities back then.... I thought he got em during his Mav. hunter days......if these abilities come into play here, the OP might have to change a bit.....

(I mostly played Mega Man X series up to X8, but I had Mega Man 8 as my first mega man game, so i don't know the full scope of his abilities during his child hood outside of that game but since I've been looking into threads where you gave input, I've had a better look into his upper limits/higher potential)

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cliffrice

I dont know if this counts but in the manga Megaman gets all the powers of the robots he destroys. For examplehe gets Quickmans super quickness as well as his boomerangs. Megaman can reverse gravity as well sending everyone into the atmosphere to burn up. Sliding Megaman is faster than mario but slower than Sonic. ALso megaman Can suffer several hits while sonic and mario can suffer only 2 (sometimes 3 depending on the game)before succumbing to death. megaman has the most base durability of the three. Metal Blade is faster than both sonic and mario and is deadly accurate. Not only that but Megaman has amazing battfeild control. with several barriers and the fact he can lay landmines using crashmans weapons and create platforms with the magnet beam for tactical uses. The others just kinda run, grab stuff and jump. Dosenot matter how fast either of them are because megaman can also stop time.