Son Goku vs Sun Wukong

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlueComet
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By agent9149

Goku loses badly.

4.385e+42 pounds of force is needed to hold a galaxy, there's no way goku could survive that.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By comicace3

Goku wins Both are excellent martial artist but goku can adapt to anything and his strength should calculatedly be unimaginable.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlueComet

@Agent9149 said:

Goku loses badly.

4.385e+42 pounds of force is needed to hold a galaxy, there's no way goku could survive that.

That's just bad logic. His staff may be able to hold up a galaxy, but that doesn't mean Sun can swing it with that much force.

@comicace3 said:

Goku wins Both are excellent martial artist but goku can adapt to anything and his strength should calculatedly be unimaginable.

That's kind of an overstatement for Goku. Sun is clearly stronger physically and his martial arts feats surpass anything Goku's done.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By agent9149

@BlueComet: it says the staff does whatever sun wants... so if sun wants the staff to swing at goku with that force it will

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlueComet

@Agent9149: Sun can control the staff mentally yes, but again, just because the staff can hold up a galaxy doesn't mean he can swing it with that much force(with his arms or his thoughts). Also Sun hasn't shown anything to prove that he can swing the staff harder mentally then when he swings it physically.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uberhikari

@BlueComet said:

@Agent9149: Sun can control the staff mentally yes, but again, just because the staff can hold up a galaxy doesn't mean he can swing it with that much force(with his arms or his thoughts). Also Sun hasn't shown anything to prove that he can swing the staff harder mentally then when he swings it physically.

Are you serious? One guy has a staff that can hold up a galaxy, the other guy has never busted anything larger than a planet. How could Goku even have a chance?

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mypasswordis1234

Somehow holding up galaxy only shows that staff is unbreakable. Goku's pole is unbreakable too. Or how it is show that it hits with a galaxy's weight? Nonsense, show somebody a scan I couldn't find it.

Also Sun Wukong is a Chinese mythology character, and they thought that the stars as small as wee see them...

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By FourthDeity

The only notable feat he would have in comparison to Goku is his staff manipulation and strength(maybe).Everything else Goku has encountered before.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By evilvegeta74

Goku!

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uberhikari

@mypasswordis1234 said:

Somehow holding up galaxy only shows that staff is unbreakable. Goku's pole is unbreakable too. Or how it is show that it hits with a galaxy's weight? Nonsense, show somebody a scan I couldn't find it.

Also Sun Wukong is a Chinese mythology character, and they thought that the stars as small as wee see them...

Again, you have a bad habit of coming into threads without having any knowledge of the characters, and now you're at it again. You ask for a scan? Journey to the West is a novel. There are no scans.

Also, I'm not an expert on Chinese literature, but if what is written in the linked thread in the OP is true, then Goku easily gets stomped.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@mypasswordis1234 said:

What are you talking about? The Chinese thought that each star was a house, so to speak, for the gods in heaven.

the Chinese have 283 constellations divided into 28 Moon Mansions (each mansions consists of about 7 constellations + the stars around the polar, which is the Royal stars called the San Yuan (The Three Enclosures)

The San Yuan consists of

> the Purple Forbidden Enclosure (the northernmost area)

> Supreme Palace Enclosure (east and north of the Purple Forbidden Enclosure)

> Havenly Market enclosure (west and south of the Purple Forbidden Enclosure)

The Moon Mansions is governed by 4 creatures

> from Virgo to Sagittarius is governed by Qing Long, the azure dragon of the east. Symbol of the wood. Associated with bravery, endurance, royalty.

> from Sagittarius to Pegasus is governed by Xuan Wu, the black tortoise of the north. symbol of the water. associated with endurance, eternality, strategy

> from Andromeda to Orion is governed by Bai Hu, the white tiger of the west. symbol of the metal. associated with military, fiercebess, protection

> from Gemini to Corvus is gvoerned by Zhu Que, the vermilion bird of the south. symbol of the fire. associated with calmness, happiness, warmth.

So to presume that they thought the stars were as small as they looked would be fallacious.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@uberhikari: The page is fairly correct, though their are certain things left out. The Monkey King nearly destroyed the Earth by jumping up and down, it was causing tidal waves and mountains to crash down around the world. He was literally doing whatever he wanted, the King of Hell had to report him to the Jade Emperor (kind of like the Living Tribunal so to speak) and not even he could do anything to stop Monkey King. He has also managed to steal immortality from Lao Tzu (who is the TOAA of Chinese mythology) and became immortal himself. He basically has toon-force for a lack of a better description. He defeated every god in heaven, earth, and hell just because he was bored.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Monkey King stomps

mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@uberhikari said:

@mypasswordis1234 said:

Again, you have a bad habit of coming into threads without having any knowledge of the characters, and now you're at it again. You ask for a scan? Journey to the West is a novel. There are no scans.

Also, I'm not an expert on Chinese literature, but if what is written in the linked thread in the OP is true, then Goku easily gets stomped.

I don't have to know every character in the world.

What was written on the OP the most things hyped up, at least I read other Sun Wukong battles that's why I say.

I asked that how holding up galaxy meaning that it hit as hard "as a galaxy". If you can't say anything, don't say anything.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlueComet

@uberhikari: The whole "holding up a galaxy" feat

1) Is PIS since that isn't even possible

2) Only proves that the staff is indestructible which Goku's magic staff is also indestructible. I'm not saying Goku's staff is as powerful as Wukong's I'm saying that just because it has infinite durability doesn't mean it can hit that hard, the staffs strength is limited to Wukong's strength, which isn't galaxy busting.

YoungChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By YoungChief

Sun Wukong has many other feats aside from his galaxy thing (which basically is a feat for his staff's durability), why not try using those instead? That Galaxy argument is weak sauce, try again. Also Uberhikari someone else in that thread already punked that guy for basically making up feats for Wukong, you tell someone else off for not reading the novel then immediately admit your source is just a thread made on here, right.

Anyway my vote goes to Goku based on his raw destructive capability, one area where Wukong lacks in comparison, but he does have magic barriers, it would be a close one.

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlueComet: So you're saying it's it's PIS because it's not possible but you have a man who is part of an alien race who can turn into giant apes when seeing the moon and that's highly impossible yet it isn't PIS?

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By D3athstroke

Sun wins
Only one who could defeat him was Buddha 

YoungChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By YoungChief

@D3athstroke: Wrong, Erlang Shen defeated him narrowly and captured him

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BlueComet

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@BlueComet: So you're saying it's it's PIS because it's not possible but you have a man who is part of an alien race who can turn into giant apes when seeing the moon and that's highly impossible yet it isn't PIS?

Alien life forms aren't impossible, they're completely possible and the part about them turning into giant apes isn't impossible either, Saiyans eat like 10x there body weight in food everyday(which I assume is converted into ki there energy) so the fact that they can transform like that isn't so surprising. Also Vegeta explained that the moon gave off a certain energy signature that causes the transformation, he explained most of it.

Wukong's staff feat is impossible for completely different reasons. Honestly, if you don't already know why that feat is PIS then there is really know use in me trying to explain it to you. My point still stands though, the staff is indestructible sure, but a couple people made it sound like he can galaxy bust with it.

Just to be clear though I do not think Goku would win this, Wukong would definitely come out on top.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@YoungChief: Erlang Shen needed help from many other gods in order to capture Sun Wukong. Sun was always ahead of Erlang because of his wits. It required the distractions of other gods for Erlang to win. Lao Tzu had to drop his ring on Sun Wukong's head to distract, while gods were hitting him from all sides, while Erlang Shen's dog was biting his leg. Sun Wukong even comments on their cowardice after the battle.

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlueComet said:

Alien life forms aren't impossible, they're completely possible and the part about them turning into giant apes isn't impossible either, Saiyans eat like 10x there body weight in food everyday(which I assume is converted into ki there energy) so the fact that they can transform like that isn't so surprising. Also Vegeta explained that the moon gave off a certain energy signature that causes the transformation, he explained most of it.

Wukong's staff feat is impossible for completely different reasons. Honestly, if you don't already know why that feat is PIS then there is really know use in me trying to explain it to you. My point still stands though, the staff is indestructible sure, but a couple people made it sound like he can galaxy bust with it.

Just to be clear though I do not think Goku would win this, it's a close fight IMO, but Wukong would come out on top.

They turn into giant apes once the blutz waves from the moon reaches their retina but it still doesn't change the fact that it's impossible. For them to transform to that size and mass it would require some sort of Healing Factor since there muscles would have to rip apart and reform at a spectacular rate and I didn't say alien life forms were impossible, I'm saying that an alien race who can transform into giant apes is about as possible as Sun's staff holding up a galaxy, so if you want to claim that it's PIS then why not claim all of their feats as PIS as well. Goku's staff extended all the way until it reached the moon and yet that isn't PIS. I mean if you want to discredit Sun's staff feat for being impossible then you must disregard all of their feats

YoungChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By YoungChief

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: Yeah I know how it all went down, just saying that someone else did defeat him, guess I should have added "with a lot of help".

Also LOL at the guy above me complaining about the Oozaru, something Goku wouldn't even use in a fight, seriously dude you're calling PIS on a transformation into a giant monkey? Well I guess you think just about every superhero is PIS then, hell I don't even think Supermans flight capability has a real explanation

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@YoungChief: No problems. I'm pretty happy that someone else has read Journey to the West. I think it's very hard for people to debate over something when they don't have any information on the subject lol.

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YoungChief said:

Yeah I know how it all went down, just saying that someone else did defeat him, guess I should have added "with a lot of help".

Also LOL at the guy above me complaining about the Oozaru, something Goku wouldn't even use in a fight, seriously dude you're calling PIS on a transformation into a giant monkey? Well I guess you think just about every superhero is PIS then, hell I don't even think Supermans flight capability has a real explanation

Don't try and laugh at something you don't have any knowledge on. The guy said that Sun's staff feat is impossible so he's trying to discredit the feat and I pointed out how Goku transforming into an Oozaru is also impossible so if he wants to discredit Sun's staff feat he might as well discredit all of their feats

Edit: No one ever said he'd use it in a fight in the first place

YoungChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By YoungChief

I don't think turning into a monkey is quite as ridiculous as holding up a galaxy with a magic stick, and even with that feat in play it doesn't say anything about Wukong's own strength, only that his staff will not break, which in my opinion is not a feat for him, and is even less impressive in the context of this battle because Goku has a power pole that is also unbreakable

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By uberhikari

@YoungChief said:

Sun Wukong has many other feats aside from his galaxy thing (which basically is a feat for his staff's durability), why not try using those instead? That Galaxy argument is weak sauce, try again. Also Uberhikari someone else in that thread already punked that guy for basically making up feats for Wukong, you tell someone else off for not reading the novel then immediately admit your source is just a thread made on here, right.

Anyway my vote goes to Goku based on his raw destructive capability, one area where Wukong lacks in comparison, but he does have magic barriers, it would be a close one.

Obviously you can't read. Take a look at the bolded sentence below, this time read s-l-o-w-l-y and carefully.

@uberhikari said:

@mypasswordis1234 said:

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Is the galaxy of Sun Wukong even comparable to the galaxy in real life? I love the classic story and if it's anything like the ancient Chinese version, holding up a galaxy will mean different things.

I say stalemate. Goku at the end of GT is functionally immortal. Wukong seems like he's immortal too.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hksaru

I hope you guys know Goku is based on the legend of Sun Wukong and they're basically the same down to nimbus cloud, power pole, after image technique, monkey relation etc.

Same with Wukong in League of Legends

...sorry if this is common knowledge just seems like it isn't

mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@MisterGuyMan said:

Is the galaxy of Sun Wukong even comparable to the galaxy in real life? I love the classic story and if it's anything like the ancient Chinese version, holding up a galaxy will mean different things.

I say stalemate. Goku at the end of GT is functionally immortal. Wukong seems like he's immortal too.

No, the Chinese people wasn't aware of big object's size, like Earth or Galaxy.

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

Son of Goku easily.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BlueComet

@YoungChief said:

Yeah I know how it all went down, just saying that someone else did defeat him, guess I should have added "with a lot of help".

Don't try and laugh at something you don't have any knowledge on. The guy said that Sun's staff feat is impossible so he's trying to discredit the feat and I pointed out how Goku transforming into an Oozaru is also impossible so if he wants to discredit Sun's staff feat he might as well discredit all of their feats

You're all mixed up. I'm not trying to say that the feat doesn't count, that's the way the story was written so I can't change that. I was saying was that it was dumb plot device, that's all, not that it doesn't count. You tried to argue that all of Dragonball's feats should be discredited though, seriously? All of the feats done in Dragonball have at least some logic behind them whereas stories from mythology have none most of the time, like Atlas being able to hold up the sky or else it will crash into earth, it's dumb logic, completely implausible and incalculable, but that's the way it was written and I can't change that anymore than you can change what happens in Dragonball.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sun Wukong is out of Goku's league. 

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlueComet said:

@YoungChief said:

You're all mixed up. I'm not trying to say that the feat doesn't count, that's the way the story was written so I can't change that. I was saying was that it was dumb plot device, that's all, not that it doesn't count. You tried to argue that all of Dragonball's feats should be discredited though, seriously? All of the feats done in Dragonball have at least some logic behind them whereas stories from mythology have none most of the time, like Atlas being able to hold up the sky or else it will crash into earth, it's dumb logic, completely implausible and incalculable, but that's the way it was written and I can't change that anymore than you can change what happens in Dragonball.

Except everything can be credited to a dumb plot device. Like When Goku tarnsported cell to King Kai's planet for example which is already in the afterlife mind you, both of them died. I mean how can you die if you're already in the afterlife. For goku it was already explained seeing as how he was wished back but what about King Kai or better yet why didn't goku simply IT Cell away to space and IT himself back. Oh how about the most common one the fact the each alien race in DBZ happens to also speak English(Japanese) with no sort of explanation how what so ever, where's the logic behind that? How about the fact that Kami was able to create a dimension which can make one day seem like a whole year within said dimension? What about Krillin's death on Namek, he died a hero's death did he not?, How come we never saw him training with King Kai in the afterlife with Tien and the rest of the gang?

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BlueComet

@Vance Astro said:

Yeah, I wish i'd realized that sooner. Do you mind locking this?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@BlueComet said:

@Vance Astro said:

Yeah, I wish i'd realized that sooner. Do you mind locking this?

Not at all.