Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Takes place in the dead of night, no moon.

Gear

Solid Snake

-OctoCamo

-Face camo

-Solid Eye

-Mk II

-M4 custom (suppressor, scope)

-Stun knife

-SA 1911 Operator (suppressor)

M14 EBR (suppressor)

3 white phosphorous grenades

5 C4 charges

Wolverine

Adamantium skeleton

Conditions

Snake is in his prime

Wolverine is not dead, depowered, or mentally unstable

Basic knowledge, start on opposite sides of photo

Win by incapacitation or death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will Snake's tactical and stealth capabilities be enough to overcome a top tier street leveler? I'm sure this has been done before, but not with these conditions.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think snake needs better gear to win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I was thinking about giving him more explosives or non-lethal weaponry, would that even the odds? Or is it fair enough, you just see Wolverine winning?

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake hides in a box.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jashro44

@thebourneposter said:

@jashro44: I was thinking about giving him more explosives or non-lethal weaponry, would that even the odds? Or is it fair enough, you just see Wolverine winning?

I think giving snake a few explosives could help. If by non lethal weapons you mean tranqs that could work to I guess depending on how potent the tranqs you have in mind are. All though if you are giving snake tranqs potent enough to put wolverine down I think it would be fair to give him a limited supply of those and let wolverine have knowledge would be best.

I don't see snake putting wolverine down with bullets before wolverine closes the gap. It takes a lot of bullets to put wolverine down.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine in a long drawn out fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I just added in C4 charges, no tranqs, since I doubt they would have much of an impact in this fight. They've never been used effectively against someone with a healing factor like Wolverine's.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Got it, I just hope the battles fair enough.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loganrine wins

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine should win a solid majority as far as I'm concerned, but I've seen enough from Snake to say that between his gear and stealth, he can make Howlett work.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Snake can win. He faces characters with enhanced senses all the time, Wolverine should have a very hard time tracking him, and OctoCamo makes it overkill, especially at night in an urban environment, Snake's specialty. Wolverine's been put down by bullets enough times to say that Snake's rifle coupled with his expertise with C4 can replicate what Bucky and Cap and Frank and Mystique and that deer all did. He's already gotten the better of Vamp in close quarters who's slightly more dangerous than Wolverine is, and his tactical awareness is a gigantic advantage.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Snake can win. He faces characters with enhanced senses all the time, Wolverine should have a very hard time tracking him, and OctoCamo makes it overkill, especially at night in an urban environment, Snake's specialty. Wolverine's been put down by bullets enough times to say that Snake's rifle coupled with his expertise with C4 can replicate what Bucky and Cap and Frank and Mystique and that deer all did. He's already gotten the better of Vamp in close quarters who's slightly more dangerous than Wolverine is, and his tactical awareness is a gigantic advantage.

The deer never put him down. That was a training exercise. The fight with mystique was a stalemate at best and that was only because mystique has her shape shifting ability to tank damage. I still don't know the context of the cap scan and that scan cap was dressed weird if we are thinking of the same scan. Until I get an issue number I am having a hard time trusting it. The Bucky scan is a low showing IMO.

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

Good fight. Leaning towards Snake just barely

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He was faking with the deer.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nickzambuto

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto said:

The deer never put him down. That was a training exercise. The fight with mystique was a stalemate at best and that was only because mystique has her shape shifting ability to tank damage. I still don't know the context of the cap scan and that scan cap was dressed weird if we are thinking of the same scan. Until I get an issue number I am having a hard time trusting it. The Bucky scan is a low showing IMO.

@nickzambuto said:

He was faking with the deer.

I was just kidding with the deer :P

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake could put him down but not kill him. There's no way Wolvetine could ever hurt Snake, though. He's fought Cyborg Ninja, Metal Gears, all without a scratch. I forsee a mostly fleshless Wolverine lying helplessly while Snake rubs a burning cigarette into him.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nickzambuto

@irhp87 said:

Snake could put him down but not kill him. There's no way Wolvetine could ever hurt Snake, though. He's fought Cyborg Ninja, Metal Gears, all without a scratch. I forsee a mostly fleshless Wolverine lying helplessly while Snake rubs a burning cigarette into him.

No Caption Provided

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm.. Leaning towards Logan

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I see this fight ending the same way the Punisher versus Daken fight did.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I know I'm going to sound like a raging fanboy, but Snake has this in the box. Wolverine is going to have hell touching him due to his superior stealth, gear, and arguably superior speed. While David can't permanently take down Logan, he should be able to incap or KO him. This setting puts everything in Snake's favor. Logan's durability is Snake's biggest issue.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning onto Wolverine.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I'm going to sound like a raging fanboy, but Snake has this in the box. Wolverine is going to have hell touching him due to his superior stealth, gear, and arguably superior speed. While David can't permanently take down Logan, he should be able to incap or KO him. This setting puts everything in Snake's favor. Logan's durability is Snake's biggest issue.

I don't see how wolverine cannot find snake at all. Snake might be able to get the drop on him but eventually he's going to have to shoot at him and at that point his position is going to become obvious. The explosives aren't going to do wolverine in. That and wolverine isn't bad at tracking, and stealth and his senses are pretty good.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@jashro44: I'm not saying he won't find Snake, but he's going to have a difficult time tracking him. Even when Snake exposes himself, he should be able to go back into hiding. Snake can also pick at Wolverine from a distance. Snake will thrive in this environment; he'll have complete control of the environment. Wolverine only has one way to approach Snake, while Snake has many. Wolverine isn't fast enough to blitz Snake, either; id aegue Snake is faster than Lofan, too. Snake is just too stacked here. Not to mention the field is nearly pitch black.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44: I'm not saying he won't find Snake, but he's going to have a difficult time tracking him. Even when Snake exposes himself, he should be able to go back into hiding. Snake can also pick at Wolverine from a distance. Snake will thrive in this environment; he'll have complete control of the environment. Wolverine only has one way to approach Snake, while Snake has many. Wolverine isn't fast enough to blitz Snake, either; id aegue Snake is faster than Lofan, too. Snake is just too stacked here. Not to mention the field is nearly pitch black.

Wolverine can fight blind so I don't see the field being pitch black as an advantage. As for picking wolverine off at a distance wolverine is capable of dodging bullets, and it takes a lot of bullets to put wolverine down. I don't think wolverine can blitz snake either but I don't think snake can keep his distance forever. Snake can go back into hiding but I don't think he can just ghost wolverine whenever he wants. It will take effort for him to go back into hiding after exposing himself.

And not sure @thebourneposter has given snake unlimited bullets either. If he has a limited supply of bullets then he will have to go melee eventually. (All though if snake is given unlimited bullets which is fine I would like to know if snake needs to reload or not).

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Logan with ease. Snake might tickle Logan and make him laugh, right before Logan decapitates him.

Rextrapz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rextrapz

@irhp87 said:

LOL Snake got completely dismantled by Ocelot in CQC and in MGS2 Vamp cut him on the arm and Snake fumbled around barely able to stand because of the blood loss. Wolverine would one shot him.

Gray Fox wanted to die in that fight, it was confirmed by Naomi, Naomi also confirmed that Fox didn't want to kill Snake.

Snake beat an early version of Metal Gear, Metal Gear D, Rex nearly killed him until Gray Fox saved him.

@beaconofstrength said:

Watch out for Snake's amazing stealth ability

Lol

I also wouldn't tout Snake's speed when he couldn't even tag Solidus and Vamp who's unable to bullet time blitzed him out of his skull.
Mortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Snake because he has experience in environments like the picture.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortal: and that going to help do what to logan? Tell him the best Fishing spots?

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@rextrapz: While Snake isn't nearly as good as Big Boss when it comes to stealth, he's still good at it. Adding in the OctoCamo helps a massive amount, too. Snake's speed is pretty damn great. Even in a completely messed up 70 year old body Snake was dodging rail gun bullets, without knowing where they were coming from. IIRC, he was also able to use a missile as a stepping stone. Snake's reflexes are pretty damn impressive. Although I do agree in the fact that Solid Snake's CQC isn't as good as other top Metal Gear characters' CQC.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rextrapz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@beaconofstrength: Ignore him.

Yes, lets ignore the one guy who actually knows what he's talking about, great idea, why don't you keep deluding yourself into thinking that Snake is a Captain America level character when a guy who can't bullet time like Vamp blitzed him out of his skull.

Oh I forgot, you haven't played MGS have you? You just take other peoples words for it no matter how asinine it is? No wonder you haven't been promoted to a moderator despite all the ass kissing you do.

@rextrapz: While Snake isn't nearly as good as Big Boss when it comes to stealth, he's still good at it. Adding in the OctoCamo helps a massive amount, too. Snake's speed is pretty damn great. Even in a completely messed up 70 year old body Snake was dodging rail gun bullets, without knowing where they were coming from. IIRC, he was also able to use a missile as a stepping stone. Snake's reflexes are pretty damn impressive. Although I do agree in the fact that Solid Snake's CQC isn't nearly as good as other top Metal Gear characters' CQC.

Big Boss isn't anything special in stealth ability either, and CQC as a whole in Metal Gear is lack luster, that's why Big Boss ended up getting one shotted by fat losers like Cunningham.

The rail gun is sub sonic, I did the calculations myself, and Snake in MGS4 was using a muscle suit to compensate for his older age. He was in his prime when Ocelot completely destroyed him, and the only reason why Snake beat Ocelot at the end was because of Foxdie

I don't like to stay on this cesspit of a site for a prolonged visit. But since you seem like you're somewhat intelligent, check out this link to see how Snake and Big Boss along with a whole bunch of other MGS nonsense has been debunked.

Educate yourself. It builds character

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-forum/solid-snake-and-big-boss-vs-batman-and-captain-america-349939/

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine slices and dices Snake into overkill.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

itzxsloth345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake can take it, its stacked in his favor by quite a big margin, and I think its enough to give him the win.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jestersmiles

@itzxsloth345: nothing he has there is going to even hurt Wolverine ....seriously.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone saying Snake clearly needs to take their fanboy glasses off.....For real!!!

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@jestersmiles: Wolverine has been hurt and KO'd by less. He isn't completely invincible. I'm not sure where you're getting the impression that he can't be hurt by any of Snake's artillery.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jestersmiles

@beaconofstrength: sure remember the Low showings , want to show you what he tanked? Do I really even need to go that far? Is your Fanboyism that Strong?

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@jestersmiles: Goes both ways. He isn't completely immune to everything. If we go by your logic, Spider-Man can't do anything to Wolverine.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jestersmiles

@beaconofstrength: ...... Well Spider hits like a truck, has Spider sense , and is faster than Wolverine. So yeah, he makes a better opponent for Logan than Snake does and ever will.

Goes both ways? w/e I am not dealing with Fanboys.