#1 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Solid Snake

Master Chief

EU Solid Snake.

EU Master Chief.

Snake is balls to the wall for this. Stealth Camouflage Suit, Stinger Missiles, PSG-1 Sniper Rifle with Silencer, Chaff Grenades, Frag Grenades, Stealth Camouflage Claymores (MGS2), C4, HVGs, Cardboard Box. Snake also gets Codec with full support of Otacon.

MC gets only his Armor, 2 Bubble Shields, and Assault Rifle.

Battle in Alaska Town.

#2 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto I like this set up better. What do you think?

#3 Posted by nickzambuto (13433 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: With this setup, Snake wtfstomps Chief.

#4 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

It could go either way.

#5 Posted by nickzambuto (13433 posts) - - Show Bio

It could go either way.

Not with this scenario. Snake just activates stealth camo and casually fires a dozen stinger missiles from a few hundred yards away.

#6 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave said:

It could go either way.

Not with this scenario. Snake just activates stealth camo and casually fires a dozen stinger missiles from a few hundred yards away.

Where is all the Master Chief Stomps at?

#7 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by dondave (36658 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by nickzambuto (13433 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

neongamewave said:

It could go either way.

Where is all the Master Chief Stomps at?

Seems the people know who's top dog in this match ;)

#10 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20174 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's analyze Snake's arsenal shall we?

Stealth Camouflage Suit? Chief has radar senses.

Stinger Missiles? John has dodged futuristic missiles, and has tanked Fuel Rod Cannon (Plasma) shots before.

• Shrugging off Fuel Rod Cannon blast (pg. 105).
  • Achieving said feat again (pg. 143).

PSG-1 Sniper Rifle with Silencer? The MJOLNIR shields can withstand far more than mere Sniper bullets.

• John's armor absorbs Marines firing full-auto at him without any problems (pg. 257).

• Withstands 50mm automatic fire (pg. 262).

Chaff Grenades? I hardly doubt it would effect the technology the MJOLNIR provides.

Frag Grenades? Master Chief has tanked these point-blank.

Stealth Camouflage Claymores (MGS2)? I doubt these would trick Chief's tracking system, but even if it does it probably won't scratch up John too much.

C4? John could breeze through these even without his shields.

HVGs? I don't know what this is lol.

Cardboard Box? Funny but when it comes down to the battle, impractical.

Snake gets Codec with full support of Otacon? Master Chief should also have Cortana which is even if not better than Otacon. Even without the A.I, Chief has a chance of pulling this off.

@neongamewave said:

It could go either way.

Stealth camouflage gets nonchalantly shrugged off as Master Chief's radar picks up Solid Snake. If not Cortana does the deed. Seeing as Master Chief is fast enough to eliminate Snake before the stinger missiles arrive, he should win.

Plus Chief has dodged and deflected SPNKR Jackhammer missiles before, which are from the year 2552. He even dodged lock-on missiles from an aircraft.

#12 Posted by nickzambuto (13433 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: So what you're saying is, Master Chief is a brutish fool who has hax armor that does everything for him without the need for skill or intelligence? Interesting!

:P

#13 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20174 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: So what you're saying is, Master Chief is a brutish fool who has hax armor that does everything for him without the need for skill or intelligence? Interesting!

:P

What I'm saying is the MJOLNIR armor is insanely powerful, and it's hard for people to match-up opponents against him without it being a stomp in Chief's favor, or a stomp in the enemy's favor. Also Chief has plenty of skill and intelligence.

A more fair match-up would be Master Chief with MJOLNIR armor, but without its energy shields, and a slightly less armed Solid Snake, and minus the missiles.

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

A more fair match-up would be Master Chief with MJOLNIR armor, but without its energy shields, and a slightly less armed Solid Snake, and minus the missiles.

In this case, John would be extremely limited in feats considering he hasn't had any feats out of the suit since he was 14, where he was casually wrecking trainers in two-ton power suits and dodging stun rounds at point blank (which could kill at that range). As mentioned by Mendez, John and the other Spartan-II's were only to improve from there so it's basically just theoretical to assume how powerful they became.

At the age of 14 though, he was already moving fast enough in a gravity training room that he was viewing things in slow motion and he was able to kill and/or severely injure five ODST's -- which are essentially the UNSC's best soliders aside from the Spartans.

#15 Edited by nickzambuto (13433 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20174 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: It seems I have underestimated how good the box disguise is.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

In this case, John would be extremely limited in feats considering he hasn't had any feats out of the suit since he was 14, where he was casually wrecking trainers in two-ton power suits and dodging stun rounds at point blank (which could kill at that range). As mentioned by Mendez, John and the other Spartan-II's were only to improve from there so it's basically just theoretical to assume how powerful they became.

At the age of 14 though, he was already moving fast enough in a gravity training room that he was viewing things in slow motion and he was able to kill and/or severely injure five ODST's -- which are essentially the UNSC's best soliders aside from the Spartans.

I agree, but I said Chief would still have his armor without energy shields.

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Eh, taking away the shields won't be that much of a crutch in my opinion. It still augments his already ridiculous reaction speed by a factor of five and amplifies his physical stats by a factor of two. With the weakest version of the MJOLNIR armour, he was dodging Banshee plasma canons with ease at a distance of two hundred metres and closing and plasma canons move almost instantaneously.

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20174 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: True. I guess Snake can't beat Chief unless its a spite in his favor.

#19 Posted by Young_Murloc (684 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump, I would say snake

#20 Posted by PhantomLantern8 (526 posts) - - Show Bio

>Giving Snake stinger missiles to use on a foot mobile when stinger missiles are anti aircraft.

#21 Posted by Stormdriven (4852 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief wins

#22 Posted by MonsterStomp (17125 posts) - - Show Bio

John