Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Pokergeist
@EVILRYUX2fold said:

nope in re2 and 4 leon can cary a type writer, grenade launcher, ALL GUNS herbs and fa sprays and still not lose psyche like snake... Leon got shot in the chest and was perfectly fine (I Checked his condition) And leon still fended of krauser with a knife. Re6 leon really kicks snake's but.

LOL Snake still carrying way more weight and gear. Snake gets hit by Tank Shells and hes fine, I checked his health afterwards. MGS 1 and MGS4 made more money than RE2 and RE4.  

Snake wins everyday. LOL
Urbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Urbs

I'm not sure about this (since i don't play much MGS), but i think Leon has the better weapons, which may or may not even matter.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By renamed040924

@Enemybird said: I mean come on Snake is overrated garbage.

Aww naw son, don't even make me bring up Mr. Personality L.

Anyway, neither MGS1 nor TTS were ever officially designated as the canon game. Until we get official word from Konami or Kojima, both games are fair play in the feats department. Not to mention, TTS is more consistant with the other games.

And even if we didn't use TTS, Snake still has more than enough feats in MGS1, MGS2, and MGS4 to say he beats Leon.

I admit when Snake loses, in that Arkham City thread I was the first to say team 1 loses BECAUSE of Snake. But in this fight, the soldier takes the cake. And I love Leon.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Ferro Vida

SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE! 

But seriously, Snake wins.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pokergeist
@Ferro Vida
That made me chuckle.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Ferro Vida
@CadenceV2: I aim to entertain.
Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Enemybird

@nickzambuto said:

Anyway, neither MGS1 nor TTS were ever officially designated as the canon game. Until we get official word from Konami or Kojima, both games are fair play in the feats department. Not to mention, TTS is more consistant with the other games.

And even if we didn't use TTS, Snake still has more than enough feats in MGS1, MGS2, and MGS4 to say he beats Leon.

I admit when Snake loses, in that Arkham City thread I was the first to say team 1 loses BECAUSE of Snake. But in this fight, the soldier takes the cake. And I love Leon.

Go ahead Kid bring L into this...I'll crush you in all things Death Note. Twin Snakes was made way before MGS4... why didn't they put Twin Snakes in instead of the original MGS1 for Snakes dream in act 4? why do all the MGS4 flashbacks show scenes from MGS1 and not MGS1Twin Snakes? I'll tell you why... because Its not canon... Twin snakes was partly developed by a different company and the cut sences were directed by Ryuhei Kitmura not Kojima. If you ask me that's proof enough that TTS is nothing more than a corny remake.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Enemybird

Clearly there are some Solid Snake Fanboys in this thread...

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pokergeist
@Enemybird
Im still waiting for the RE Fanboys prove that Twin Snakes is non Canon. Just waiting.
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Snake

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By renamed040924

@Enemybird said:

@nickzambuto said:

Go ahead Kid bring L into this...I'll crush you in all things Death Note. Twin Snakes was made way before MGS4... why didn't they put Twin Snakes in instead of the original MGS1 for Snakes dream in act 4? why do all the MGS4 flashbacks show scenes from MGS1 and not MGS1Twin Snakes? I'll tell you why... because Its not canon... Twin snakes was partly developed by a different company and the cut sences were directed by Ryuhei Kitmura not Kojima. If you ask me that's proof enough that TTS is nothing more than a corny remake.

First of all, kid is not a name and therefore needs no capitalization. Secondly, you probably will crush me in all things Death Note. But bring DBZ up and you're out of your league. ;)

And they used MGS1 for Snake's dream sequence in 4 because the entire point of act 4 was to send the player on a massive nostalgia trip. For obvious reasons, that wouldn't work if they used TTS.

Besides, the MGS4 flashbacks use TTS voice acting instead of MGS1, so those even each other out.

Honestly, compared to the other games, MGS1 just has to many inconsistancies. That gif I posted above is just one example.

Both Mei Ling and Naomi have thick accents in MGS1, but TTS removed these, and this revision is carried over into 4.

Now, ALL that aside, even without TTS, Snake has enough feats to put him above Leon. The only thing Leon has over Snake is agility.

STRENGTH-

0:50 handcuffs aren't a problem for Snake.

DURABILITY-

In that same scene, directly after Snake brakes through the handcuffs, he dives off Arsenal Gear into the ocean. The average height a human can fall from into water without braking bones is 90 feet. Snake falls at least 300, which is the size of your average aircraft carrier.

STAMINA-

Even after falling 300 feet, Snake still has enough strength to catch Liquid, plant a tracking devise on Ray, swim several miles to shore, walk a few more miles all the way to Federal Hall, just to meet up with Raiden and give him a speech about memes.

There. That's superior strength, durability, and stamina all from one non-TTS clip. Unless you can show some Leon feats I think this is settled.

@Enemybird said:

Or... maybe Snake is just better?

I'm just saying, there are two possibilities. 1: Every single person who has posted in this 4 page long thread is a fanboy, or 2: Snake is better. I don't know about you, but option 1 seems a lot more plausible to me.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Enemybird

@nickzambuto said:

@Enemybird said:

@nickzambuto said:

First of all, kid is not a name and therefore needs no capitalization. Secondly, you probably will crush me in all things Death Note. But bring DBZ up and you're out of your league. ;)

And they used MGS1 for Snake's dream sequence in 4 because the entire point of act 4 was to send the player on a massive nostalgia trip. For obvious reasons, that wouldn't work if they used TTS.

Besides, the MGS4 flashbacks use TTS voice acting instead of MGS1, so those even each other out.

Honestly, compared to the other games, MGS1 just has to many inconsistancies. That gif I posted above is just one example.

Both Mei Ling and Naomi have thick accents in MGS1, but TTS removed these, and this revision is carried over into 4.

Now, ALL that aside, even without TTS, Snake has enough feats to put him above Leon. The only thing Leon has over Snake is agility.

STRENGTH-

0:50 handcuffs aren't a problem for Snake.

DURABILITY-

In that same scene, directly after Snake brakes through the handcuffs, he dives off Arsenal Gear into the ocean. The average height a human can fall from into water without braking bones is 90 feet. Snake falls at least 300, which is the size of your average aircraft carrier.

STAMINA-

Even after falling 300 feet, Snake still has enough strength to catch Liquid, plant a tracking devise on Ray, swim several miles to shore, walk a few more miles all the way to Federal Hall, just to meet up with Raiden and give him a speech about memes.

There. That's superior strength, durability, and stamina all from one non-TTS clip. Unless you can show some Leon feats I think this is settled.

@Enemybird said:

Or... maybe Snake is just better?

I'm just saying, there are two possibilities. 1: Every single person who has posted in this 4 page long thread is a fanboy, or 2: Snake is better. I don't know about you, but option 1 seems a lot more plausible to me.

1. Solidus Deflected a bullet form MG ray and it weakened the Hand cuffs.

2. We don't know how high arsenal gear was from the water nor do we know how Snake landed. We don't even know if he swam or if Hal picked him up afterwards.

So.... neither feat means anything.

3. The voice acting doesn't matter the cut scenes are the important part. Video games change Voice acting for a plethora of different reasons. My points still stands!

Harddrivexxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Harddrivexxii

Played both games to death - Snake wins ...

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Pokergeist
@CadenceV2 said:

Bamsky for the Truth! 

Snake beats Cyborg Ninja

Cyborg Proves hes the man with 3 Guns aimed at him. Also beats Sniperwolf first match. 

Snake beats a Supernatural, Mini Gun Weilding, Raven! 

Snake fights Expert Marksman Revolver Ocelot in a C4 wired Room. Then Battle Cyborg Ninja after words!!!! 

Snake causes intial Damage to MG Rex. More than Leon I bet could of done against Liquid in that! 

After the draining battle with Liquid in Rex and Liquid wounded from being in Rex these 2 Super Soilders battle it out. Notice how the Double punch was so strong that Dust kicked up from the Shock of it! 

Snake Literal doges Missils and Machine Gun Fire while taking Explosive Shockwaves up close. He then JUMPS off a Missil and fires a Stinger right back 50 feet in the air!       This is a young Snake. Hes still ontop of his game as OLD SNAKE?! Proving even with age hes still A gmae material. So hows Leon winning this?

60+ Year Old Body Old Snake Shows he can still has Moves and Master Fighter. 

Old Snake Shows his determination to smoke that Cigerate. Shows why he is the Stealth Master, if there is a place to be hidden Snake will find it. Also shows his real Soilder Training by the thorough check for I.E.D.s. Wont catch Snake in a Booby Trap. All with the 60+ year Old Body. 

Old Snake shows he still has the moves to take out Evs's Personnel Mercs. With Ease.
Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By Onemoreposter

Snake murder kill stomps.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lady_liberty

Soo.. I remember Leon.

Was he a bad enough dude to slaughter his way though a host of mentally challenged villagers with a machine-gun?

Just barely.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Pokergeist
@Lady_Liberty said:

Soo.. I remember Leon.

Was he a bad enough dude to slaughter his way though a host of mentally challenged villagers with a machine-gun?

Just barely.

lol
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By renamed040924

@Enemybird said:

1. Solidus Deflected a bullet form MG ray and it weakened the Hand cuffs.

What? What? When did that -

Shut up.

2. We don't know how high arsenal gear was from the water nor do we know how Snake landed. We don't even know if he swam or if Hal picked him up afterwards.

Arsenal Gear, being an aircraft carrier, had to be at least 300 feet tall. I'll give you Otacon might of picked him up, but he still survived an inhuman fall.

3. The voice acting doesn't matter the cut scenes are the important part. Video games change Voice acting for a plethora of different reasons. My points still stands!

They are both important. Mei Ling and Naomi were both voiced by the same people in each of their appearances, but MGS1 has them with accents, something none of the other games have.

But let's drop TTS for now, because though that has his most impressive feats, Snake still has plenty in the other games.

SPEED-

Off the top of my head, Snake has dodged gunfire 5 times in 3 games.

The most obvious time being against Revolver Ocelot.

Then there's Olga.

And he also rolls out of the way of Meryl's FAMAS fire at 0:56:15

3:10 backflips out of the way of a tank shell. The fact that he escaped the blast radius makes this feat more impressive than any bullet.

3:40 dodges a Railgun blast as Old Snake, which moves twice as fast as a bullet.

Care to show some Leon feats that surpass these?

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By theicon

Snake

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By FourthDeity

Snake slaughters.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Snake takes out Leon. To say otherwise is stupid.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By CODYSF

@Enemybird:

Snake snaps Leon neck then Chris Refield will do this to both of them to there face.

Piercing_Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Piercing_Eagle

Ok first off snake is a SUPER SOLDIER!Leon is a COP!Snake has had years of real war combat experience....Leon shoots zombies.Snake is a weapon expert...He uses paper book magazines as a weapon!Yea Leon has a pretty good set....Snake has a whole arsenal ranging from hand guns to missile launching weapons.Snake knows CQC!That means he can slam,break,and relocate his opponent with just their finger alone!Leon yea he's badass in h2h combat and knife fighting but snake would pretty much shut him down every time.Look Snake fights his way through countries against trained pmc with years of combat experience plus enhanced super soldiers with an old dying body....Leon made it through a city of zombies and a small country of zombie soldiers oooooooooo....Look face it...Leon is pretty bad ass but Snake saves the world multiple times.He could never beat Snake and if Snake was put in the RE world he would adjust because he's a EXPERIENCEDSUPER SOLDIER...Leon is a cop who wouldn't be able to live through the battle field of the MSG world.In real life if the two actually existed Snake would out class him in light years...Them alone in any setting fully equip....Snake is the victor.Leon is good but he's not Snake good.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By fondofpacman

Snake should win.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By z3ro180

@nickzambuto:Dude feats have nothing to do with it its all about the facel hair. Snake wins due to his awesome tash

Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

Assuming Snake is in his prime he wins without too much trouble.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By renamed040924

@Z3RO180 said:

@nickzambuto:Dude feats have nothing to do with it its all about the facel hair. Snake wins due to his awesome tash

Well, while Snake does win in a fight, it's not as black and white when it comes to hair.

I mean come on

Leon be stylin fo realz.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By z3ro180

@nickzambuto: Leon has nouthing on snakes mullet.

No Caption Provided

BASK IN THE AWESOME COMPLETE WITH BANDANA

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By renamed040924

@Z3RO180 said:

@nickzambuto: Leon has nouthing on snakes mullet.

No Caption Provided

BASK IN THE AWESOME COMPLETE WITH BANDANA

Touche, they're on pretty even playing ground when it comes to hair, but Leon still has one more advantage over Snake.

THE LEATHER JACKETS!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By z3ro180

@nickzambuto:well played good sir well played but snake has something leon does not his GIM..er i mean sneaking suit.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By renamed040924

@Z3RO180 said:

@nickzambuto:well played good sir well played but snake has something leon does not his GIM..er i mean sneaking suit.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sneaking Suits and Octocamo are practical choices for missions, but they can never hold a candle to the raw style of Leon's wardrobe.

Look at him back there, just standing around all stiff. That seriously needs a "like a boss" caption.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By z3ro180

@nickzambuto:BORRING snakes oufits are good for mission but perfict for struting his stuff on a runway

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By renamed040924

@Z3RO180 said:

@nickzambuto:BORRING snakes oufits are good for mission but perfict for struting his stuff on a runway

OK, I'm sorry, but come on now. Those sneaking suits are SOO 5 minutes ago. Leon always keeps his outfits fresh.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By z3ro180

@nickzambuto: FRESH you call thoses rejects from the 40s fresh yesa i can see how leons jackets are stylish. brown black blackish -brown and more brown yea bleeding edge of fashion for sure

ohgodwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#86  Edited By ohgodwhy

Snake's awesome and all but Leon's shown what is pretty much near superhuman abilities at times so I'd be inclined to say Leon wins this one.

Although if they're fighting in a forest or something then I'd say Snake has the advantage.

Edit: Actually Snake wins lol.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By renamed040924

@Z3RO180 said:

@nickzambuto: FRESH you call thoses rejects from the 40s fresh yesa i can see how leons jackets are stylish. brown black blackish -brown and more brown yea bleeding edge of fashion for sure

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By z3ro180

@nickzambuto: thats cheating you cant use provockative pictures like that beside snake is sexyer with his mullet and badass tash