Solid Snake in his Prime

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Tyler Starke

As much as it pains me to say I think  Solid Snake in his prime still couldn't out match Raiden

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Static Shock

Raiden kills him without trying.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" Raiden kills him without trying. "

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tyler Starke
@Static Shock: Figured I would try and move the raiden vs snake out of your thread, since i was semi responsible for it
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By geraldthesloth

I like snake thousands of times more than Raiden but I guess the wannabe snake wins.

Omg chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Omg chris

cybord raiden ftw

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Static Shock
@Psyker star said:
" Snake wins not easily but if you played mgs he  beats cyborg ninja and if you played portable opps then you would know he beat Null  you should play all the games and stop just going off of who looks more able to win "
Raiden was able to blitz Geckos at speeds that the person playing the game couldn't even see. He was strong enough to twirl two Geckos on his legs while breakdancing and he held back that ship at the end using his strength. It doesn't matter who Snake has beaten. He won't be able to shoot someone that moves faster than he can see him. MSG: Portable Ops didn't have Solid Snake in it. That was Big Boss as the main character in that game. Solid Snake beat Cyborg Ninja because Cyborg Ninja lowered his stats for Solid Snake to be able to fight him. If you've played Twin Snakes, you'd know that.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tyler Starke
@Psyker star: and cyborg ninja and null do not compare to cyborg raiden
Grey-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Grey-Boss

Yeah I love snake....... but he gets curbstomped by Raiden.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
Raiden should win here
SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By SUNMAN
@Vance Astro said:
" @Static Shock said:
" Raiden kills him without trying. "

"

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid snake got a hand gun and a bit combat arms and Raiden got Sword that cut through anything. and stealth and durability. lol

Morbid_Pyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Morbid_Pyro

@geraldthesloth: loool i thought you were going to type i guess Raiden wins hahaha

Rainx20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid Snake is probably one of my favorite and one of the most bad ass characters that I have ever seen. I think he can take Raiden. Old snake finished Vamp off who was more than a match for cyborg Raiden so a young Solid Snake might be able to take this.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pokergeist

Solid Snake in his prime with the right gear can easily kill MGS4 Raiden whose combat speed is nowhere close to Gray Fox, or Raiden in MGR games. In hand to Hand, Raiden stomps hard of course. I doubt he get in Close combat though.

MGR Raiden stomps any Solid Snake, so no need to go there.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Raiden said Solid Snake is the best fighter he has ever seen.

Not easy at all for snake but he takes this.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a disgusting thread.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait wait....

No.

Superman stated batman is a great fighter more than once.

He, just like raiden, was talking about skill, not total power.

Raiden stomps snake, even if snake is cooler and overall a better charachter.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Orician_Seis

Raiden. Snake is the better character by a long shot, also has considerable better stealth. But he gets hit once and he's done for.

Avatar image for injusticeforall
InjusticeForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake stomps. Anyone that follows the MGS mythos knows this. Snake was simply created to be better than him.

There can be speculation as to whether Snake can hang with a character like Cy Raiden due to the supernatural aspects of the character. But the thing is. Snake has been beating supernatural characters for the entirety of his career. Many of whom can be more that a match for Cyborg. Snake has also beaten Grey Fox who can be put in his level.

Another thing to keep in mind is that CQC is the be all and end all trump card in H2H combat in the MGS mythos. It serves as a catalyst for how easy Naked Snake took down Volgin with ease and Volgin is practically a muscle bound pikachu.

The event that solidifies this is his fight with vamp. Solid Snake (according to the cutscene) takes down and subdues vamp with relative ease. Something that Raiden couldn't do. Raiden had a prolonged fight with vamp and just barely beat him. Snake on the other hand had easily subdued him.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@injusticeforall: Vamp fight was obvious PIS. Raiden is well above 10,000 tons in strength. Grey Fox is not a good comparison, he would be closer to the fodder level cyborgs in MGR, although more skilled. CQC is not going to work against someone with Raiden's physicals. Snake has never beaten anyone at Raiden's level. Snake is Captain America level, maybe a little above even. He's able to use CQC and skill to beat high level superhumans, but has never faced someone even close to Raiden's level. He stands no chance with CQC against someone who is literally over 5,000 times stronger then him. You might as well say that Snake could use CQC against the Hulk.

The only chance Snake has is using his tranquilizer weapons and staying way far away from Raiden. I'm sure Raiden would require several tranquilizer darts to the head to put down. Snake has the accuracy, but Raisen can also deflect these easily, and has the speed to close the distance on Snake quickly. Grey Fox deflects bullets against Snake, there is no reason Raiden would not be able too. The only way Snake can get a shot off on Grey Fox is by stunning him, but Raiden is at least 10-20 times more durable then Grey Fox, and is going to take a lot more to be stunned. He's capable of fighting after most of his blood is drained from his body, and both of his arms are ripped off.

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake is adept at using the environment and weapons to their maximum potential when facing enemies and he has regularly faced off against supernatural amped up foes. He's still a man so you gotta at least give him weapons to be able to damage Raiden but his combat instinct and experience still outshines that of Raiden's.

If they fight in an urban or jungle environment Snake would be able to beat Raiden. He analyzes his opponents and always finds a way to beat them. Only time Snake every realistically lost to a supernatural opponent was vs. Fortune but that was because they were in a room with just walls and zero cover. Give Snake prep and decent weapons and he will pull out a victory. Of course if you put him and Raiden in a room with just four walls Raiden stomps him. But overall Snake can win the majority if he has an environment with enough space to maneuver.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Give snake some prep and he can do it, it's not gonna be easy though.

InjusticeForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@injusticeforall: Vamp fight was obvious PIS. Raiden is well above 10,000 tons in strength. Grey Fox is not a good comparison, he would be closer to the fodder level cyborgs in MGR, although more skilled. CQC is not going to work against someone with Raiden's physicals. Snake has never beaten anyone at Raiden's level. Snake is Captain America level, maybe a little above even. He's able to use CQC and skill to beat high level superhumans, but has never faced someone even close to Raiden's level. He stands no chance with CQC against someone who is literally over 5,000 times stronger then him. You might as well say that Snake could use CQC against the Hulk.

The only chance Snake has is using his tranquilizer weapons and staying way far away from Raiden. I'm sure Raiden would require several tranquilizer darts to the head to put down. Snake has the accuracy, but Raisen can also deflect these easily, and has the speed to close the distance on Snake quickly. Grey Fox deflects bullets against Snake, there is no reason Raiden would not be able too. The only way Snake can get a shot off on Grey Fox is by stunning him, but Raiden is at least 10-20 times more durable then Grey Fox, and is going to take a lot more to be stunned. He's capable of fighting after most of his blood is drained from his body, and both of his arms are ripped off.

How was it PIS when Snake is supposed to be the greatest soldier in the series? I suppose the instance when Raiden fights a batallion of Metal Gear Rays is also PIS. Or when Solid Snake survives the sinking of the tanker (which is supposed to be impossible btw). Or pretty much every single Boss fight that he has had in the series where his opponent is by far the more powerful.

I fail to see how Gray Fox isn't a good comparison when Cyborg was created from the same suit line that created his suit and Olga's. You have an opponent in Gray who was many times more powerful (even withstanding the weight of the MGRex while being wounded and with one arm.)

It's a fair comparison and it puts them both in the same league.

Snake takes it. Too clever and too experienced.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tparks

@injusticeforall said:

@tparks said:

How was it PIS when Snake is supposed to be the greatest soldier in the series? I suppose the instance when Raiden fights a batallion of Metal Gear Rays is also PIS. Or when Solid Snake survives the sinking of the tanker (which is supposed to be impossible btw). Or pretty much every single Boss fight that he has had in the series where his opponent is by far the more powerful.

I fail to see how Gray Fox isn't a good comparison when Cyborg was created from the same suit line that created his suit and Olga's. You have an opponent in Gray who was many times more powerful (even withstanding the weight of the MGRex while being wounded and with one arm.)

You read that wrong. I don't mean the Snake/Vamp fight was PIS. I think Snake could take Vamp any day. I meant the Raiden/Vamp fight was PIS.

Also, I'm not sure how you came up with your second argument at all. The difference between Gray Fox and Raiden is 100's of times different as far as physicals go. If Raiden is stomped on by Rex, he would just pick it up and throw it half a mile away. It's like comparing Captain America to the Hulk. Using Olga as an argument really hurts your claims too, as she had no enhancements at all. She was arguably not even peak human compared to other MGS characters.

InjusticeForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@injusticeforall said:

@tparks said:

You read that wrong. I don't mean the Snake/Vamp fight was PIS. I think Snake could take Vamp any day. I meant the Raiden/Vamp fight was PIS.

Also, I'm not sure how you came up with your second argument at all. The difference between Gray Fox and Raiden is 100's of times different as far as physicals go. If Raiden is stomped on by Rex, he would just pick it up and throw it half a mile away. It's like comparing Captain America to the Hulk. Using Olga as an argument really hurts your claims too, as she had no enhancements at all. She was arguably not even peak human compared to other MGS characters.

That's funny because I don't remember Raiden throwing anything above Rex's weight. Could be wrong.

Your comic book comparisons do not work because they are not accurate.

ALL of the ninja suits are simply more advanced versions of each other. I made that comparison because Gray who is a near 500tonner himself.

Snake stomps.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Raiden will be too busy fangasming to fight Solid Snake.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tparks

@injusticeforall: I'm guessing you haven't played MGS4 or MGR yet. I won't spoil it for you, if you are planning on playing them, but trust me, 500 tons is nothing for Raiden. He's done more then 20 times more then that while missing an arm in his weakest Cyborg form.

InjusticeForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@injusticeforall: I'm guessing you haven't played MGS4 or MGR yet. I won't spoil it for you, if you are planning on playing them, but trust me, 500 tons is nothing for Raiden. He's done more then 20 times more then that while missing an arm in his weakest Cyborg form.

I admit that I only played through 4 once a long time ago. MGR I haven't played.Did he do anything strength wise?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tparks

@tparks: Raiden will be too busy fangasming to fight Solid Snake.

I concede. Snake stomps by that logic. Lol.

@tparks said:

I admit that I only played through 4 once a long time ago. MGR I haven't played.Did he do anything strength wise?

Ya, he's strong enough to toss around metal gears like they weigh next to nothing, and even a gigantic Metal Gear that's not in the other games. You should play it. It's pretty fun. It's not as good as the other MGS games, but it's still fun.

Avatar image for nothingistrue13
nothingistrue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok,

When Snake fights Grey Fox in MGS1, Fox is not going anywhere near as fast as he was when he fought REX, so I don't know if he was holding back or not. Also, he was only capable of single attacks, not long combos strings that demonstrated how good of a hand-to-hand or sword fighter he is. (to be continued...)

Avatar image for nothingistrue13
nothingistrue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it would be very difficult to compare the two in a hand-to-hand fight. However, given what he did in his battle against REX, if Raiden had the blaster on his arm as well, do you think he could do the same thing as Fox? I sure do, and proof of that is how he absolutely demolished the gecko and held his own against Vamp in Act 2, killed vamp, demolished some more gecko, and held back Outer Haven in Act 4, and killed Frogs with no arms in Act 5. And that's not even counting the badass things he did in MGRR. He's far more durable than Solid Snake, having been improved with Cybernetic implants, way faster, and while Solid Snake has more experience and more weapons at his disposal, Raiden has been known to dodge bullets and rockets before. I'm more of a fan of Snake, but I would give this win to Raiden.

Diamond_Dogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a huge fan of both snake and raiden but I think logically raiden wins by a long-shot just considering his ridiculous strength with holding back outer haven in mgs4. Mgr raiden is 20x as strong as his first cybernetic exoskeleton so I think snake wouldn't have much of a chance.

Avatar image for scarlet_webster
Scarlet_Webster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RAIDEN WTF STOMPS

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I refuse to believe that Raiden will ever beat Snake.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MGR Raiden vs unarmed Old Snake.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@comicstooge: Snake builds a flamethrower and incinerates him.

Scarlet_Webster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet_Webster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

MGR Raiden vs unarmed Old Snake.

Snake beat Big Boss while unarmed, and thematically Raiden had many parallels to Big Boss during Revengeance, so at best they're equal. Therefore Snake > Big Boss >= Raiden.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden is a lame version of Gray Fox.

He is not wining

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn: Agreed. They can supe him up all they want but he will never beat the mullet.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flagged for spite.

Scarlet_Webster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mayur_reddy1820
mayur_reddy1820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyler_starke: if you are asking this type of question then you probably didn't play Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is that even a fight? Raiden stomps by feats.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden stomps.