Solid Snake runs the Batman gauntlet

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

Solid Snake, the legendery soldier. Known as the man who makes the impossible, possible, Snake is now facing his toughest mission yet, as he takes on,

THE BATMAN GAUNTLET

Round 1:

Damian Wayne. Hand to Hand, no gadgets, no weapons. Fight takes place here.

Round 2:

Terry McGinnis. No suit, no weapons. Hand to Hand combat. Fight takes place above.

Round 3:

TAS Batman. Standard gear for each. Fight takes place here at night

Round 4:

Barbara Gordon. Same setup as above.

Round 5:

Bane. Snake gets a Pistol, CQC Knife, and standard jungle fatigues. Bane gets venom, a Combat Knife, and identical fatigues to his size. Fighters start 3 miles apart in a jungle.

Round 6:

Standard gear for each. Shootout in the same area as the TAS Batman fight, but in daylight.

Round 7:

Tim Drake. Same setup as round 1.

Round 8:

Both get custom gear, who can sneak into random SHIELD base F and obtain top secret files the quickest and most efficiently?

BeaverSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BeaverSauce

snake does this with ease, has trouble with bane

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By renamed040924

@BeaverSauce said:

That's what I like to hear ;)

Though in all honesty, I think Drake and Jason will be tougher for him than Bane.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ImmortalOne

Not sure, but he's definitely not clearing it. At the best, he'll get to Round 8 and stop. Bane, Jason, and Tim will give him tons of trouble, maybe even beating him.

BeaverSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BeaverSauce

@nickzambuto said:

@BeaverSauce said:

Though in all honesty, I think Drake and Jason will be tougher for him than Bane.

well if your saying standard jungle fatigues then you must be talking big boss. Big boss managed to beat the fear and the joy. Both just as skilled as any of them. Bane might be the biggest issues because neither snake or Big Boss fought anyone that strong and durable. Snake managed to deal with vamp and cyborg ninja pretty well and I have to believe he is much quicker than drake and jason.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By renamed040924

@BeaverSauce said:

@nickzambuto said:

@BeaverSauce said:

well if your saying standard jungle fatigues then you must be talking big boss. Big boss managed to beat the fear and the joy. Both just as skilled as any of them. Bane might be the biggest issues because neither snake or Big Boss fought anyone that strong and durable. Snake managed to deal with vamp and cyborg ninja pretty well and I have to believe he is much quicker than drake and jason.

Big Boss faught Volgin, who's stronger and more durable than Bane.

But we're not talking about him. This is Solid Snake. Yes I know BB is more associated with the jungle.

@ImmortalOne said:

Not sure, but he's definitely not clearing it. At the best, he'll get to Round 8 and stop. Bane, Jason, and Tim will give him tons of trouble, maybe even beating him.

I don't see Bane winning. On second thought I probably should of put him lower in the list. Stealth is Snake's forte, all he has to do is get up close and pop a bullet in Bane's eye.

Camialiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Camialiez

@BeaverSauce said:

@nickzambuto said:

@BeaverSauce said:

Vamp had absolutely no strength feats. Snake is a character that isn't even peak human by any standards and failed to break a pair of hand cuffs in the second Metal Gear Solid game, and he was able to restrain Vamp long enough to inject him with a syringe. Outside of bullet timing Vamp didn't have any notable speed feats either. He essentially had watered down regeneration, was taken down by a bullet temporarily on 2 occasions,

The Fear and Joy/Boss again, they have no feats. The Fear had a cloak and a crossbow, no feats. The Joy...again...no feats...the only thing she did was beat Big Boss and that's because he held back on here., When he decided to finally kill her guess what? She died. If you put her against Tim or Jason who have loads of feats than guess what? Joy will be dead in seconds. You know what? They have feats, she doesn't.

He was able to deal with the Cyborg Ninja but considering that his suit was going haywire and that he started to malfunction that isn't a very impressive feat in context either. Metal Gear Solid characters in general lack feats to contend with comic characters and are bound by semi realism. In the first Metal Gear Solid, Snake was held up at gun point and captured by 3 guards. They're not impressive in the least bit especially in comparison to human characters that regularly fight metahumans on a regular basis. You could either blame that on their minimal exposure or the fact that the characters are bound in realism. Either way they lose badly

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This pretty much shows the worlds of difference between MGS characters and comic characters. Nightwing is a mid level street leveler and he took down 40 armed soldiers, while surrounded, in minutes, without killing any of them. Snake on the other hand was held up at gun point by 3 and ended up getting captured.

@nickzambuto said:

@BeaverSauce said:

@nickzambuto said:

@BeaverSauce said:

Big Boss faught Volgin, who's stronger and more durable than Bane.

But we're not talking about him. This is Solid Snake. Yes I know BB is more associated with the jungle.

@ImmortalOne said:

I don't see Bane winning. On second thought I probably should of put him lower in the list. Stealth is Snake's forte, all he has to do is get up close and pop a bullet in Bane's eye.

Volgin is no where near as strong as Bane. Volgan's only feat was punching a hole in a concrete, that would put him on the levels of Nolan's Bane who did the same thing. Comic book Bane has literally ripped Cyborgs apart with his bare hands. Durability, I guess you can give that Volgan mainly because if I recall he was able to withstand gunfire but I'm not sure how much of that is gameplay, other than that he's severely outclassed in everything else

And as for this fight, he loses at round 1. Everyone here, even Terry and TAS Batman have better feats than Snake does.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Damian is much faster, more skilled.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Snake is outclassed severely in everything, strength, speed, hand to hand skill, marksmanship, agility.

I honestly think I need to go through feats for Bane, the scenario is set up in favor of Snake sneaking up on him and shooting him. He'd better make that shot count. Bane off Venom has taken gun fire with no effects, if Snake revealed his position and failed to finish Bane with his gun it's over for him, because Bane will punch his head off.

Animated Bruce Wayne took down the Injustice Gang including Star Sapphire, Katana and Solomon Grundy. In that episode JLU with Deadman and Gorilla City he was plowing through leagues of Legion soldiers.

16:00 in. He'd steamroll Snake in about 4 seconds

The only person who beat him was that chick who was on par with freggin Wonder Woman. Animated Terry, it's been a long time since I've seen Batman Beyond but I remember him showing some impressive speed and agility without the Beyond suit. The only person I really can't comment on is Batgirl and that's because I haven't read any of her stuff pre or post 52, but considering the rest of the Bat fam it'd be no surprise if she'd steamroll Snake also

Both get custom gear, who can sneak into random SHIELD base F and obtain top secret files the quickest and most efficiently?

Well lets see. One character can literally vanish out of plain site when someone is staring at him. Can sneak into alien bases with over 1000 years advanced technology guarded by metahumans, without being seen once.

On the other hand you got a guy who, even with the assistance of 6 people, could only sneak into a military base, needed help on the inside, ended up getting caught twice and captured, tortured, etc.

Yeah I think I'm going to go with the first one

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sync1

He is not going to past this. Stops at Jason.

Camialiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Camialiez

@sync1 said:

Based on feats he'd stop at Damian

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sync1

@Camialiez said:

@sync1 said:

Based on feats he'd stop at Damian

First time I've seen anyone lose to a H2h against Damian.

Avatar image for pokemondefender
PokemonDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PokemonDefender

Clears it.

Man Comicvine thinks Batman and his clan are gods.

Camialiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Camialiez

@PokemonDefender said:

Clears it.

Right because you need to be a god to beat a featless character who got beat down and captured by 3 soldiers.

Avatar image for pokemondefender
PokemonDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PokemonDefender

@Camialiez said:

@PokemonDefender said:

Clears it.

Guess you didn't bother reading the post above. You don't have to be a god to beat a guy who got held up at gun point by 3 soldiers and captured. Maybe you should read a comic before posting again.

Oh look some new kid, posting out of context scans and just spitting out nonsense in paragraphs.

I loved how you include animated Batman, even though every Villain in JLU is depowered and Batman feats in the animated universe are fueled by fanboy force and PIS. Like dodging Darkseids omega beam, yea like Batman could do that.

Love Jasons PIS scans of him taking on people who are highly more skilled then he is for the sake of "hes the main character"

It's cute when new kids try to argue.

Camialiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Camialiez

@PokemonDefender said:

@Camialiez said:

@PokemonDefender said:

Clears it.

Guess you didn't bother reading the post above. You don't have to be a god to beat a guy who got held up at gun point by 3 soldiers and captured. Maybe you should read a comic before posting again.

Oh look some new kid, posting out of context scans and just spitting out nonsense in paragraphs.

I loved how you include animated Batman, even though every Villain in JLU is depowered and Batman feats in the animated universe are fueled by fanboy force and PIS. Like dodging Darkseids omega beam, yea like Batman could do that.

Love Jasons PIS scans of him taking on people who are highly more skilled then he is for the sake of "hes the main character"

It's cute when new kids try to argue.

So..which scan exactly did I post out of context again? Just curious because there's a 95% probability that you haven't picked up let alone glanced at any of comics these scans are from.

I love how you didn't read the OP. One of the rounds is against the Animated version of Batman. Hence why I included the video.

So, which scan of Jason is PIS exactly and which character did Jason fight that's more skilled than he is?

I love it when people use PIS as a magic word they can automatically shout to invalidate any feat they don't like. Sorry but it doesn't work that way. Learn context, maybe read a comic, then come back and post.

BeaverSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BeaverSauce

@Camialiez: I would have to agree, I only believe he would only make it up to Bane. If this thread upsets you, you should really try to convince this dude that Nightwing could beat the predator. If nightwing could be snake then surely he could be predator. A better thread would be Cyborg Raiden runs this gauntlet....

Camialiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Camialiez

@BeaverSauce said:

@Camialiez: I would have to agree, I only believe he would only make it up to Bane. If this thread upsets you, you should really try to convince this dude that Nightwing could beat the predator. If nightwing could be snake then surely he could be predator. A better thread would be Cyborg Raiden runs this gauntlet....

He wouldn't make it to Bane. He wouldn't make it past round 1, this thread doesn't upset me but facts are facts.

Plus besides Nightwing, feats used for Jason and Damian have bee solely 52 feats, I could technically use pre 52 feats since the Bat family and Green Lantern continuities are still in tact.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure the Predator has superhuman physical stats, an advanced cloak that can't be detected by thermals, etc. I don't know much about Predator's but I doubt Snake would be able to take one.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pokergeist

Snake stops at Bats the Main Man. Might lose to Nightwing.

Camialiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Camialiez

@BeaverSauce said:

He wouldn't make it to Bane. He wouldn't make it past round 1, this thread doesn't upset me but facts are facts.

Plus besides Nightwing, feats used for Jason and Damian have bee solely 52 feats, I could technically use pre 52 feats since the Bat family and Green Lantern continuities are still in tact.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure the Predator has superhuman physical stats, an advanced cloak that can't be detected by thermals, etc. I don't know much about Predator's but I doubt Snake would be able to take one. Snake doesn't have the feats to contend with these characters so I'd put my money him dying against a predator also.

A better thread would be Cyborg Raiden runs this gauntlet....

Based on the Revengance trailers he'd probably steamroll them.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By renamed040924

@Camialiez said:

@BeaverSauce said:

@nickzambuto said:

@BeaverSauce said:

Vamp had absolutely no strength feats.

He was capable of locking swords with Raiden, and could jump pretty high. Not to mention his kick at 4:04 literally sends Jack flying.

Not calling him Ben Grimm or anything but it's obvious he was supposed to be pretty strong.

Outside of bullet timing Vamp didn't have any notable speed feats either.

Deflecting machine gun fire with a knife is more impressive than you make it out to be. Not to mention he was literally fast enough to disappear out of thin air while Snake and Raiden were both staring right at him.

Has an entire conversation in the span of heartbeats and then vanishes.

He essentially had watered down regeneration, was taken down by a bullet temporarily on 2 occasions,

Taken down temporarily for all of two minutes.

The Fear had a cloak and a crossbow, no feats.

He doesn't need feats, he was a WW2 vet that could turn invisible. Naked Snake beating an invisible enemy, feats or no, is impressive. Shows his hunting/tracking skills and environmental awareness.

The Joy...again...no feats...

She has plenty of feats. For one, she could lug a 630 pound nuke launcher around the jungle with no strain to herself. Assuming her other hand is as strong as her dominant one, that puts her upwards of 1,200 pounds. Even Captain America was only ever shown to bench 1,100.

Speed, she could literally blitz a high ranking CIA Agent before he even realized. Boss had a gun aimed at her, she could literally clear 12 feet before he could even twitch his finger on the trigger.

Skill, again, she's pretty good. Mastering a martial arts form is impressive, but the Boss literally created one. That's more impressive.

She took a bullet to the head in the fourties. Went right through her brain. Within a few months she was fully healed and back on the battlefield.

He was able to deal with the Cyborg Ninja but considering that his suit was going haywire and that he started to malfunction that isn't a very impressive feat in context either.

lol there was nothing wrong with Gray Fox's exoskeleton...

Nightwing is a mid level street leveler and he took down 40 armed soldiers, while surrounded, in minutes, without killing any of them. Snake on the other hand was held up at gun point by 3 and ended up getting captured.

Well, for one, 40 is a bit of a hyperbole. The scan barely showed a dozen. Secondly, Nightwing is one of the fastest and most agile humans in all of comics, so if any street leveler could do that it's him. Thirdly, Snake was held up by genetically modifed Genome Soldiers, a bit tougher than whoever the hell those guys were. And finally, Snake did defeat the three soldiers, until Sniper Wolf came along. World's greatest sniper aiming her gun barely 2 feet from your face? She literally said "it's hard to miss when you're this close."

Nightwing can go ahead and try his luck in that situation, Snake on the other hand had his common sense tingling and decided to just go along, then break free later, something he was more than capable of doing.

Volgin is no where near as strong as Bane. Volgan's only feat was punching a hole in a concrete,

lol starting to wonder if you played the games...

Volgin effortlessly punched two holes right through the Shagohad's armor, something Snake literally stated 5 seconds ago was completely unaffected by multiple RPGs.

Snake is outclassed severely in everything, strength, speed, hand to hand skill, marksmanship, agility.

Gotta say... none of those scans are particularly impressive. Didn't you just say all of Snake's feats are against cannon fodder? Well... so were those.

Animated Bruce Wayne took down the Injustice Gang including Star Sapphire, Katana and Solomon Grundy.

...No he didn't. From 16:00 onward it's just Batman punching random people with no sense of skill or tactics. If he took on Star Sapphire and Solomon Grundy you're gonna have to be more specific with the time frame, because it doesn't happen from anypoint after the 16 minute mark.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pokergeist

Deserves a bump.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By JamesKM716

DOesn't clear. Though i do think given the circumstances Snake would beat Bane... if he could get to that round that is... personally i see this stopping at TAS BAtman