• 111 results
#1 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Metal Gear Solid Series Solid Snake.

Arkham Series Batman.

Round 1: Cage Match, H2H Only, no Gear but Outfits.

Round 2: City Battle, All Gear from the Games, to the Death.

#2 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

If Batman spams the Counter Attack button he autowins round 1.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#4 Edited by NeonGameWave (8970 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Batman breaks Snake

Round 2: Batman kills Snake

#5 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#6 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

oooh snap. Your boy is in trouble lol.

#7 Edited by comicace3 (6582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

ROFL! YUP he wins both rounds.

What could snake possibly do? Bats with handcuffs could beat 5 guys with ease. Bats with his gear could just use the gun disruptor and kick snake's butt.

#8 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

@NeonGameWave said:

Round 1: Batman breaks Snake

Round 2: Batman kills Snake

#9 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2171 posts) - - Show Bio

CQC is no match for the Bat Factor.

#10 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman both rounds.

#11 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Guyver said:

Batman both rounds.
#12 Posted by Nefarious (22869 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins both rounds.

#13 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Batman

Round 2: Snake

#14 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

Round 1: Batman

Round 2: Snake

Honestly I agree with this myself. Considering I gave snake every Gear from MSG 1 and 2 should make snake slightly OP gear wise.

#15 Posted by Nefarious (22869 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman 

Snake

#16 Posted by dondave (38883 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1- Batman

Round 2- Solid Snake

#17 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: That and well, I think Snake is better at stealth, plus he's willing to kill from a mile away.

#18 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: He would have the Stealth Suit... big help.

#19 Posted by Rick_Grayson (882 posts) - - Show Bio
@CadenceV2: Countered by predator vision, surely? I would have thought this would be a huge stomp for Bats both rounds. Unless Snake somehow catches Batman napping and rigs up the entire city with explosives and traps (Even better than Arkham and Arkham City were) then I can't see how he can be expected to bring a win home here.

Batman has cleared entire cities of armed thugs and supervillains on his own, some of which are more lethal than Snake both in h2h and marksmanship and Batman has far better stealth IMO. What attribute does Snake have that is making you say he takes Round 2?

@JamesKM716: @dondave: @Nefarious: @JamesKM716:
#20 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce should be able to 1 up Snake more times than not

#21 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rick_Grayson said:

@CadenceV2: Countered by predator vision, surely? I would have thought this would be a huge stomp for Bats both rounds. Unless Snake somehow catches Batman napping and rigs up the entire city with explosives and traps (Even better than Arkham and Arkham City were) then I can't see how he can be expected to bring a win home here.

Batman has cleared entire cities of armed thugs and supervillains on his own, some of which are more lethal than Snake both in h2h and marksmanship and Batman has far better stealth IMO. What attribute does Snake have that is making you say he takes Round 2?

@JamesKM716: @dondave: @Nefarious: @JamesKM716:

Well... snake has fought the greatest Militray Merc/Assassins in the world in MGS1 and MGS2. He has fought and brought down 2 Metal Gears (Rex and Ray). He also has battle super beings on a greater scale than any in the arkham game.

You say batman beaten no name or train thugs through a city? Snake did beat some of the greatest train militarizes throughout World.

• Snake has Thermal Vision Goggles. Batman is not stealthing from that.
  • Surround Indicator. Radar of moving target arround Snake.
  • Anti personnel sensore. Batman is not closing in with this on Snake. Detects any heartbeat within a large radius to snake.
  • Reactive Radar. another detection System in a large radius over a 100 feet.
  • All this gear is link to snakes Nantes and not even actively handled so Snake can still fight unhindered.

Then we have some unique weapons here.

• Invisible Claymore Mines laid by a explosive Expert here.
  • PSG with Thermal Vision Scope. Not hiding from that.
  • Nikita Rocket Launcher. Stay in one spot and play search and destroy with a missile.
  • Stinger Missiles.
  • Stun Grenades

Again Snake is not some mere Military guy. He is a Clone bred with the perfect Genes of Big Boss who was Peak Human in all stats.

Snake Speed has kept up with a Mach Speed ninja and allowed Snake to Back Flip of a Missile!

His strength has dented solid steal with a hit and cause shock waves as well.

Durability Snake has tanked hits that would outright kill a normal man from those same type of hits and been pump full of so much electricity till he was smocking.

Over and above this snake should be able to win this.

#22 Posted by Rick_Grayson (882 posts) - - Show Bio
@CadenceV2:
Agreed Snakes equipment gives him a huge boost, however 2 points I want to make with regards to the gear.

Firstly, is there any indication from the games that Snakes gear would not be affected by Batman's disruptor? (I have completed all the MGS games, but a long time ago lol)

Secondly, with the use of the remote control batarang, Batman wouldn't need to get close enough to Snake for his radars to detect him. A fully boosted surprise batarang should give batman a couple of seconds to close the gap and make it a H2H fight where he would have a much better chance.

Also, Snake can be as good as he wants at placing claymores, he's not going to have time to set any game changing traps if he's being hunted by Batman with predator vision turned on.

With regards to the H2H, again I agree with your points, Snake is well beyond a normal man, but Bats has taken down stronger in a fist fight before, I'm confident if he got close enough he would take the fight.
#23 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rick_Grayson: I believe it take only 2 secs to drop a claymore as shown in the game. In a city hunting ground thats alot of time to set up traps. Also the Predator vision is cool but Snake has Thermal vision as well.

So i dont see bats avoiding this.

Also Bat can disrupt tech. That is neat but how is he disrupting Chemical Guns? I dont think he is at all.

And snake can Disrupt Bats Gear and Remot Control Battarangs as well with Chaff grenades that disrupt all tech.

These Grenades have totally disrupt even the highest tech like Metal Gear Rex and Ray.

I totally believe snake Experience, skill, and gear can take round 2.

#24 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

i acknowledge that twin snakes has insane feats, he dodged a sniper bullet after it's been fired and dodged multiple bullets at once, backflipped on a missle, he has also defeated gray fox in h2h despite being outclassed in strength, speed and durability, and many more feats...but batman has better h2h skills and seeing as how he can handle superhumans, round 1 goes to batman.

Round 2 should be tougher to batman, though i didnt play all MG games CadenceV2 has listed some good equipment for snake there, so im going with snake on this one.

#25 Posted by Rick_Grayson (882 posts) - - Show Bio
@CadenceV2: Lol damn those Chaffe grenades, i totally forgot about them! Yeah, i don't think Batman from the games has an answer for the wreck they'd leave his gear in, I'll have to give you this one. Well played :)
#26 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rick_Grayson said:

@CadenceV2: Lol damn those Chaffe grenades, i totally forgot about them! Yeah, i don't think Batman from the games has an answer for the wreck they'd leave his gear in, I'll have to give you this one. Well played :)

Thank you :)

#27 Posted by nickzambuto (14866 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman isn't quite in Solid Snake's league. He's physically outmatched across the board, and doesn't have the level of technique needed to overcome the perfect soldier. Snake is constantly learning and adapting actively within combat, he was genetically engineered to be above any natural born human, and his innate instinct for battle gives him an edge over every foe. Liquid refered to his brother as absolute physical prodigy; by Marvel and DC standards, Snake is superhuman (absorbing the recoil of a tank turret into his shoulder, nearly beating to death someone who likewise took no damage from RPGs). He's vastly stronger than Batman, and can take more of a beating as well. Additionally, Snake's soldier genes have allowed him to defeat foes who Batman would be vastly outmatched by (Gray Fox, Vamp).

Snake is Batman plus 1; they have a very similar skillset but Snake just takes it to the next level in each area (willingness to use lethal force is also a big plus). Solid Snake wins both rounds in my opinion.

#28 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Took you awhile to hop in lol. Have you played any of the Batman games? I haven't really.

#29 Posted by nickzambuto (14866 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@nickzambuto: Took you awhile to hop in lol. Have you played any of the Batman games? I haven't really.

Trust me, I hopped in the second I got your message.

I've completed both games several times. There's little difference between Arkham Batman and comic Batman - my opinion of Snake being superior applies to both. He's confirmed to be metahuman; his strength, speed, and agility are all greater than Batman's by a good bit, especially striking strength and combat speed. He's bullet timed numerous times from several great marksman (Meryl, Olga, Ocelot), escaped the blast radius of a tank shell after it was fired, and was capable of seeing and reacting to a hypersonic blasts in his old age from Crying Wolf, not to mention successfully evading numerousblasts from Fortune's Rail Gun in a tight space for several hours while in his prime (I don't think Batman has mach reflexes). Perhaps most impressively is how he can avoid turret fire from an army of Gekkos simultaneously while taking them all down with the same Rail Gun, effectively absorbing several tons of force into his arms without a stutter. Going with that, Snake has caught a full grown woman falling from several stories up with his bare hands, and has lifted a jeep to free himself and Meryl from underneath it.

Those are good examples of what a genetically engineered super soldier can do, but what really clinches it for Snake is his abundance in actual combat-oriented feats.

Snake's fists do more damage to Liquid than several RPGs did

A fight with Solid Snake has the Cyborg Ninja on his knees gasping for breath

Both are highly commendable showings of skill as well. Liquid Snake was designed to be superior to his brother in every way, but despite an extreme physical disadvantage, not to mention suffering from severe fatigue, David's more advanced technique and higher experience allow him to defy the destiny they were both born to (nature vs nurture is a common theme in the series)

Gray Fox is of course a bullet-fast, 100 tonner. He's the only agent of FOXHOUND to ever earn the codename Fox in the organization's entire history, so he's basically equivalent to Ra's al Ghul in that department, yet Snake's instinct and skills of adaption shine through once again.

In combat speed, Old Snake has supersonic reaction time, and Young Snake takes a shit on Old Snake. He's taken down a whole enemy squad in the time it took Raiden to walk down a hall, cleared a room full of hostiles before Stillman could get out a single sentence, and even blitzed Meryl Silverburgh, who of course was dodging point blank Assault Rifle fire (Snake>>>gunfire)

His physical advantage is vast. Every hit inflicted will completely jar Batman, whereas in contrast, the detective will struggle to even injure Snake at all, who's taken hits from 100 tonners and survived a kick from Metal Gear RAY (the same kick destroyed the entire platform Snake was standing on, so Snake's face>>>iron and steel). Of course my favorite instance is when Snake dove 300 feet off of Arsenal Gear into the water below, out swam a giant robot, placed a tracker on his brother, swam through 20 miles of ocean and sprinted several more all the way to Federal Hall without even being out of breath, all in the time it took Raiden just to beat Solidus. For the record, the average human can't dive more than 90 feet without breaking bone. Stamina, durability - and definitely pain tolerance, all go in Snake's court.

Now, all that said, people still like to claim Batman can win, for the sole sake of him knowing 127 different martial arts, as if that actually matters. CQC is a broad fighting style that focuses on disabling your opponent, and ending them quickly. It makes use of strikes, holds, grapples, and throws, utilizing the users superior strength to great effect. The only problem for Snake is, he very rarely ever fights anyone who he's actually stronger than. Now don't take that as a diss on his strength, he's still the second/third strongest human being on his entire planet. It just so happens that, in his line of work, Snake's standard foe is a supernatural monster or robot. In his world, Snake's combat talents literally qualify as a superhuman power. Batman can't beat people like Gray Fox or Vamp, yet Snake has stomped them both.

And that's just scenario 1. Snake is a FAR better hunter, and far more stealthy than Batman. He takes round 2 even more than 1.

Eat it.

#30 Posted by jashro44 (25283 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I don't know anything about this version of batman so I don't know how to defend him....If he is equal to comic book batman he would win but I don't think he is.

#31 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

#32 Posted by nickzambuto (14866 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto: I don't know anything about this version of batman so I don't know how to defend him....If he is equal to comic book batman he would win but I don't think he is.

Arkham Batman is supposed to be comic Batman, there's no difference. He has a couple low showings that I can think of, but so does everyone. Neither version would beat Solid Snake though, Batman's minuscule skill advantage isn't enough to say he wins. Snake doesn't know pressure points or anything like that, but his natural adaptability and instinct make him nearly unbeatable. Anything Batman can try, Snake can counter because he's a born warrior; that's a major character point about all four Snakes.

#33 Posted by SlimJ87D (10695 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone even read the OP? This is Meta Gear Solid TWIN SNAKES version.

#34 Edited by Lord_Johnathan (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what they say, Arkham Batman is WAY the hell superhuman. That counter-thing is just the spider sense with the serial numbers filed off. His moves are blatantly impossible given any human physicality to have ever existed (there is no way anyone could do that side flip thing in mid battle), and ultimately his moveset pretty much makes him more like spiderman in a cape.

#35 Posted by jashro44 (25283 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: So I can use comic feats for batman here? I haven't played the games so I have no idea how to make a case for video game batman.

#36 Edited by nickzambuto (14866 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto: So I can use comic feats for batman here? I haven't played the games so I have no idea how to make a case for video game batman.

Sure why not :P

EDIT: Actually, I don't want this thread to go off topic. Keep this one simply for Arkham Batman feats, you and I can take it here

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/solid-snake-vs-batman/4589/

#37 Posted by comicace3 (6582 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@jashro44 said:

WAIT. Arkham Bats is not Comic bats at all. Show me someway Arkham Bats reflexes is compared to comic bats. Arkham bats reflexes are much like spider man's He has his little own spider-sense that will allows him to counter what ever someone throws at him. And he was shot in the face! Comic bats would never survive that. He even fought Solomon Grundy. Can you also show me Batman Dying while destroying a city of thugs in one night?

#38 Posted by nickzambuto (14866 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@jashro44 said:

WAIT. Arkham Bats is not Comic bats at all. Show me someway Arkham Bats reflexes is compared to comic bats. Arkham bats reflexes are much like spider man's He has his little own spider-sense that will allows him to counter what ever someone throws at him. And he was shot in the face! Comic bats would never survive that. He even fought Solomon Grundy. Can you also show me Batman Dying while destroying a city of thugs in one night?

Arkham Batman doesn't have spider sense, that's a gameplay mechanic. On hard mode it's removed entirely.

When was he shot in the face?

Solomon Grundy has been defeated by comic Bats plenty of times.

#39 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3:

another one:

Comic batman has much more impressive feats than AC batman.

#40 Edited by comicace3 (6582 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: @nickzambuto: During arkham asylum when he was drugged by scarecrow. Joker shot him in the face and he ended up in scarecrows world. Another superhuman feet he has is crashing down on thugs while he is 100 feet in the air and kicking them 40 feet in the air. Defeating an army of thugs while dying one night in arkham city. Beating clayface and thugs that have used the titan formula. Stunning everyone with his cape. And lets not forget the predator mode. Batman is able to detect anybody and everybody in his surroundings. He is also able to spot any weapon and trap anyone is using. In arkham city the thugs were equipped with thermal vision goggle and batman was able to regulate his heat so he wouldn't be detected. He was also able to spot out where they were looking so he knows when to keep moving. He defeated Ras al ghul when he came out of the lazarus pit. He defeated a titan enhanced joker and he sprayed his explosive gel on his hand and punched him in the face.

#41 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3:

i know all of this but comic batman is much superior, here he switches the cups in a blink of an eye, does AC batman have such speed? doubt it

here batman steals kyle rayner's ring and kyle doesn't even know what it happen:

deflects machine gun bullets with his hand (due to the suit it is bulletproof)

dodges light blasts from dr light:

stalemates karate kid twice:

takes down wonder woman, flash, GL, and aquaman (this is the first time batman met the justice league so they are not mind controlled)

i could go on.....but this should be enough to prove that comic book batman is simply superior

#42 Edited by comicace3 (6582 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Alright I'll take your argument since we are arguing about who is the better batman which is irrelevant to the argument going on about Snake vs. Bats. Thanks for providing the scans because now I have data on batman being able to defeat snake. Well done, very well done.

#43 Posted by nickzambuto (14866 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

@rolldestroyer: @nickzambuto: During arkham asylum when he was drugged by scarecrow. Joker shot him in the face and he ended up in scarecrows world. Another superhuman feet he has is crashing down on thugs while he is 100 feet in the air and kicking them 40 feet in the air. Defeating an army of thugs while dying one night in arkham city. Beating clayface and thugs that have used the titan formula. Stunning everyone with his cape. And lets not forget the predator mode. Batman is able to detect anybody and everybody in his surroundings. He is also able to spot any weapon and trap anyone is using. In arkham city the thugs were equipped with thermal vision goggle and batman was able to regulate his heat so he wouldn't be detected. He was also able to spot out where they were looking so he knows when to keep moving. He defeated Ras al ghul when he came out of the lazarus pit. He defeated a titan enhanced joker and he sprayed his explosive gel on his hand and punched him in the face.

Joker shooting Batman was a dream sequence. He was already under Scarecrow's fear toxin by that point.

It's up to the player how high they dive bomb on a thug from. At a certain height, the thug wouldn't survive, so it's game mechanics considering he's never done it in a cutscene.

Batman doesn't kick people 40 feet in the air. He doesn't even kick them 40 centimeters.

Enduring the Titan-sickness throughout AC was an impressive showing of endurance, but not superhuman. He would of died had it not been for Ra's.

Comic Batman beats Clayface twice weekly and can take Titan thugs too.

Batman has enhanced vision in his cowl during predator mode.

That's a WayneTech upgrade.

Arkham Batman is good at stealth, yes.

Once again, it's not like comic Batman is completely helpless against Ra's al Ghul in a fight.

The only "superhuman" feat of Arkham Batman is spraying himself with explosive gel, and that still broke his arm.

#44 Posted by comicace3 (6582 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Ah but isn't the second round all about tech? Tech upgrades should count here. But I already cleared things with @rolldestroyer so I guess you win here.

#45 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@comicace3 said:

Joker shooting Batman was a dream sequence. He was already under Scarecrow's fear toxin by that point.

It's up to the player how high they dive bomb on a thug from. At a certain height, the thug wouldn't survive, so it's game mechanics considering he's never done it in a cutscene.

Batman doesn't kick people 40 feet in the air. He doesn't even kick them 40 centimeters.

Enduring the Titan-sickness throughout AC was an impressive showing of endurance, but not superhuman. He would of died had it not been for Ra's.

Once again, it's not like comic Batman is completely helpless against Ra's al Ghul in a fight.

The only "superhuman" feat of Arkham Batman is spraying himself with explosive gel, and that still broke his arm.

Nice Context to counters.

Also Game Mechanics are just that. Cut Scenes are more reliable. Game Mechanics can allow a mere human of any kind to free fall from 10 stories and punch a guy 50 feet through the air. I seen Games of Spider Man Web slinging thru Helicopters blades. So Spider Man Webbing is intangible? I seen Rainbow Six games have guy walk on air thru glitches. Does that mean special Forces are Jesus Christ now?

Game Mechanics are silly and not valuable as feats at all.

#46 Posted by comicace3 (6582 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: *Facepalm* I already cleared things with @nickzambuto and @rolldestroyer so it's okay. No need to prove me wrong here. Gosh.

#47 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3: Oh.... my bad :).

#48 Posted by nickzambuto (14866 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@comicace3 said:

Nice Context to counters.

Also Game Mechanics are just that. Cut Scenes are more reliable. Game Mechanics can allow a mere human of any kind to free fall from 10 stories and punch a guy 50 feet through the air. I seen Games of Spider Man Web slinging thru Helicopters blades. So Spider Man Webbing is intangible? I seen Rainbow Six games have guy walk on air thru glitches. Does that mean special Forces are Jesus Christ now?

Game Mechanics are silly and not valuable as feats at all.

Some gameplay is viable as feats, so long as there's nothing to contradict it. For example, during Arkham combat, all thugs move in slow motion compared to Batman. That's a testament to his own reaction time and skill.

Using a Metal Gear example, Raiden was capable of deflecting gunfire from the Arsenal Tengu upon using the High Frequency Blade. There's nothing in the series canon to contradict him doing this - in fact it's quite the opposite, with all evidence pointing to it being canon. However on the same token, that doesn't mean Raiden can also grunt off shotgun blasts to the face.

#49 Posted by comicace3 (6582 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2:

#50 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. Wanted to add this for what it is worth.

I think it helps proves Solid Snake skills a bit more.