• Death or KO
  • Start 1 mile apart in a jungle.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I'd go with Daredevil and Captain America for the majority in this battle. For one, they are rocking the superior martial art skill here. Solid Snake and Snake Eyes are both supremely skill fighters and have been mentioned to be equals to the likes of Batman skill wise before, but Steve and Matt just beat them out in terms of skill feats. They have regularly taken on and either beaten or done great jobs against opponents whose skill feats and fighting histories outclass those of the opponents Solid Snake and Snake Eyes have, applied better extensive use of pressure points, and are just overall better fighters in terms of raw technical skill. Daredevil's Radar Sense and Captain America's ability to sense changes in air currents will mean they will not be getting stealth ambushed in this jungle. Matt would most likely pick up Solid Snake and Snake Eyes from some distance away allowing Steve to formulate a plan of attack. With these advantages, either could take on either combatant from Team IDW and walk out of the fight with the majority after a good fight.

Team Marvel 7/10.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@wolverine08: Breakdown the Cap and Hawkeye vs DD and Punisher I made.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

If someone could drop a knowledge bomb about Solid Snake & Snake Eyes I'd love that.

I only recall a few bits from the comics about Snake Eyes and what I recall isn't enough for me to make a good call.

I'm initially leaning towards team Marvel but I wanna see what others have to say.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: I'll get back on this but my initial thoughts: You have me convinced that Solid Snake can hold his ground with Captain America for a while, if not defeat him which would be an overall close fight any way you see it. But I believe Snake Eyes can take a majority over Daredevil due to being more lethal. I'll lean towards team 1 but I'll be back.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pokergeist

If someone could drop a knowledge bomb about Solid Snake & Snake Eyes I'd love that.

I only recall a few bits from the comics about Snake Eyes and what I recall isn't enough for me to make a good call.

I'm initially leaning towards team Marvel but I wanna see what others have to say.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/solid-snake-idw-comics-respect-thread-1487571/#4

You can also see me and Wolverine08 debate here. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-cadencev2-solid-snake-vs-wolverine08-cap-votes-1512911/#145

For Snake Eyes.

http://www.comicvine.com/snake-eyes/4005-6452/forums/snake-eyes-and-storm-shadow-respect-thread-392694/

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now as much as I love my boy Daredevil, he's going to have a very hard time dealing with the likes of Solid Snake. Matt is a bonafide casual bullet timer, I know that, but Solid Snake is conversely a bonafide casual bullet timer tagger. Blocking pistol shots with a billy club isn't anything Olga Gurlukovich hasn't already done (well she used a sword if you want to get technical) and even though Daredevil regularly takes on Bullseye, Lester uses actual firearms about as often as Batman does. Every time he's picked up a gun, Matt got taken down. I imagine the same scenario against Solid Snake, a man who's record of tagging speedsters would make him top-notch in comic books.

Cap is a bit more complicated. He doesn't have Daredevil's radar sense, but he does have that shield, and he's just as athletic. But that's why we have Snake Eyes. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the ninja took a majority over the soldier.

Team 1 ftw IMO.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Your a fan of 3 of these guys too.

Well I like to think I'm a pro with Snake and Matt (if I'm honest that fight is actually a stalemate in my mind). Snake Eyes is a bamf and I've also read more than my share fair of Captain America as well.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake team

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake Eyes wins. He always wins and he cannot lose.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolverine008

Snake Eyes wins. He always wins and he cannot lose.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fodder76

Snake Eyes is the best.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Sigh" Fine he'd lose but he's a trillion times cooler then an other character in CV.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and even though Daredevil regularly takes on Bullseye, Lester uses actual firearms about as often as Batman does. Every time he's picked up a gun, Matt got taken down. I imagine the same scenario against Solid Snake, a man who's record of tagging speedsters would make him top-notch in comic books.

This isn't accurate. IIRC bullseyes first appearance in the marvel universe he used a ray gun and he got curbstomped. There are other instances bullseye has used a gun but he always loses. The only time Lester tagged matt with a gun would be when they fought when daredevil had a broken arm (and daredevil even won that encounter). Daredevil>>>Bullseye.

No Caption Provided

I don't know why people act like bullseye and daredevil are in the same league...Matt is easily Lesters suepioer. Lester can give him a good fight but he wont come close to a majority. Daredevil takes him 8/10 at least.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pokergeist

@nickzambuto: I finally dug up all the relevant scans I could on Snake's speed. Check it out.

1) Old Snake dodges Crying Wolf's rail gun shot after it was fired.

2) Snake on his back dodges the mach speed sword attacks from Cyborg Ninja Grey Wolf. Snake has dodges many mach speed sword attacks from grey Wolf.

3-4) Snake regularly dodges Liquids Machine Gun from the Hind D. Same Hind that Liquid use to shoot down two F-16 Fighter Jets in a snowstorm!

5-6) Snake dodges two supersonic missiles that were only yards away from him. then tanked the explosion shock wave.

7) Old Snake dodges a Missile coming for his head.

8) Solid Snake back flips over a bullet shot at him by the worlds premier ace gunman, Revolver Ocelot. Snake was ambushed too.

9) Snake moves his head out of the path of this .45 bullet after the bullet was shot.

10) Snake blitzes and surprise attack Vamp who deflects bullets of his knives as well has muscle reading ability.

How is that for speed feats?

Then some Durability I scrounged up too.

1-3) Solid Snake is tortured with high volts of electricity till his body is smoking. Gets freed moments later and is back in the fight right after that.

4) Snake gets hit with a crap ton of Semtex. Survives to cause mayhem.

5-6) Snake's rope is shot by Sniper Wolf. He free falls a couple stories onto the ground below. No broken bones or ruptured organs, he simply rolls over with sniper rifle out.

7-10) Old Snake is already in bad shape, but manages to crawl and drag himself for 5 minuets through a Microwave hallway with heat so intense that parts of Snake's gear explode from the temperature. Snake makes it out smoking, pukes everywhere, and forces himself up and onward. Then Snake battles a host of sentry bots after all this.

11-13) Snake is hit by the forces of a Tank Shell twice. He simply shakes of the blast force that would kill a platoon of men.

Snake is super Human in every way. Good scans to show that durability and speed ;)

I even made scans of the old Snake vs Vamp and Geckos.

The whole battle of Snake taking down Vamp only to have Vamp keep getting back up, until Snake uses some CQC to turn Vamp more kill able with a injection of Nanites. Then Raiden takes on Vamp while Snake fights of waves of Gecko with his Rail Gun.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's some hits for Snake Eyes:

Reflexes/Awareness

Insane awareness: Here Snake Eyes is in deep sleep (scan missing in between showing a flashback vision of his training), and Rika (a highly trained ninja) couldn't stealth him.

Dodges/avoids a barrage of arrows fired at him by Red Ninja and disappears.

Speed

Appears in plain sight.
Appears in plain sight.
Disappears in plain sight. Note: Helix herself has total awareness.
Disappears in plain sight. Note: Helix herself has total awareness.

Blitzes a gang called the Bang Six.

Skill

vs. Slice and Dice. Two foes who were able to own a team (6) of the highest trained Joes (said to be next to Snake Eyes).

Durability/Pain Tolerance

Takes an explosion in close proximity which the narrator goes on to say, "Right now he feels like someone dropped a house on him..."

Takes an explosion at ground zero.

When he was younger, Snake Eyes puts his hand in molten lead without any signs of pain or discomfort.

Murdock's radar-sense will be an issue, but Snake Eyes shouldn't be underestimated.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By renamed040924

@jashro44

I wouldn't put too much faith on his very first appearance, since obviously a lot has changed since then.

Daredevil is definitely superior to Bullseye more often than not, but considering he struggles when Lester uses blunt objects, a firearm should put the odds in Bullseye's favor. He's beaten Matt at least twice when using guns (the broken arm incident as you mentioned, and also one more somewhat-recent encounter that I can't accurately recall, so take it with a grain of salt if you want)

@cadencev2 Who the hell is Grey Wolf

Superbot400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how Daredevil is going to be the weak link in this, he can handle Snake Eyes. I'm sure Cap vs Snake matchup could get interesting.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Snake Eyes could take Daredevil.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

don't know why people act like bullseye and daredevil are in the same league...Matt is easily Lesters suepioer. Lester can give him a good fight but he wont come close to a majority. Daredevil takes him 8/10 at least.

Agreed.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@cadencev2: Not that I will get to do a whole lot of reading anytime soon, BUT I have been gravitating towards the more indie titles as of late. Can you (or anyone really) give me some good arcs/stories to read on Snake Eyes from IDW?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@cadencev2: Not that I will get to do a whole lot of reading anytime soon, BUT I have been gravitating towards the more indie titles as of late. Can you (or anyone really) give me some good arcs/stories to read on Snake Eyes from IDW?

Same. After my recent debate with you Cadence, I'm interested in IDW Snake Eyes and Solid Snake.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

Same. After my recent debate with you Cadence, I'm interested in IDW Snake Eyes and Solid Snake.

Personally, once I am done with this test, I really think I am going to do my part to get some more indie themed battles up and running in these forums=)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@wolverine08 said:

@wyldsong said:

Personally, once I am done with this test, I really think I am going to do my part to get some more indie themed battles up and running in these forums=)

The Metal gear solid Omnibus is cheap and awesome if your a fan of the games, as Kojima has approved (Even the minor changes in the comics) it as back story for MGS4 and it even came with the game on disc.

For Snake Eyes, I plan on reading on him too soon if I can. He has many Comic Titles from IDW, Deviles Due (IIRC), and even Marvel. Also IDW has a transformer series and actually mix the Transformer series with GI Joe Series for a lasting title run.

So Snake Eye's beating Star Scream is a legit feat if going with IDW universe Snake Eyes lol.

I know IDW is also reprinting the Mirage Comics TMNT series which is awesome, and I also recommend the current TMNT Series. I love my TMNT.

Also if your a fan of the TV shows of Buffy or Angel, then collect the 3 very very cheap Omnibus's of Angel and Spike which are good reads and canon to the show. Also the Dark Horse titles of Buffy and Angel are indeed Canon with IDW stories, the companies work together on both titles because Joss Whedon wanted them to be coincide.

I have not dabbled in anything else from IDW besides those titles.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44

I wouldn't put too much faith on his very first appearance, since obviously a lot has changed since then.

Daredevil is definitely superior to Bullseye more often than not, but considering he struggles when Lester uses blunt objects, a firearm should put the odds in Bullseye's favor. He's beaten Matt at least twice when using guns (the broken arm incident as you mentioned, and also one more somewhat-recent encounter that I can't accurately recall, so take it with a grain of salt if you want)

@cadencev2 Who the hell is Grey Wolf

Bullseye lost the fight when daredevil had the broken arm...

Right to left

And I'd argue the reason he tagged daredevil was because Matt didn't know there was a gun in the corner and then just got surprised. Yes Bullseye has tagged daredevil in the past but daredevil always wins....If you give Lester a gun Matt would still beat him.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pokergeist
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: That's only because Bullseye let him live. Bullseye clearly has the means to defeat Daredevil given the right circumstances, but Matt would still take a majority.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: paper plane>>>>>>>>>bullets.

All though in all seriousness I call PIS on Lester tagging DD with a paper airplane.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: paper plane>>>>>>>>>bullets.

All though in all seriousness I call PIS on Lester tagging DD with a paper airplane.

Paper cuts are the worse.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: That's only because Bullseye let him live. Bullseye clearly has the means to defeat Daredevil given the right circumstances, but Matt would still take a majority.

I wouldn't exactly say he let him. Bullseye was being the arrogant person he always is and let his CIS take over. All though bearing in mind he had some prep and daredevil was at a disadvantage for obvious reasons I think its fair to say Matt would have won without the busted arm. I mean he stashed a bunch of weapons around the location, and he tried to throw daredevil off mentally with elektras sai as well....

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wyldsong

@cadencev2 said:

@wyldsong said:

@wolverine08 said:

@wyldsong said:

The Metal gear solid Omnibus is cheap and awesome if your a fan of the games, as Kojima has approved (Even the minor changes in the comics) it as back story for MGS4 and it even came with the game on disc.

For Snake Eyes, I plan on reading on him too soon if I can. He has many Comic Titles from IDW, Deviles Due (IIRC), and even Marvel. Also IDW has a transformer series and actually mix the Transformer series with GI Joe Series for a lasting title run.

So Snake Eye's beating Star Scream is a legit feat if going with IDW universe Snake Eyes lol.

I know IDW is also reprinting the Mirage Comics TMNT series which is awesome, and I also recommend the current TMNT Series. I love my TMNT.

Also if your a fan of the TV shows of Buffy or Angel, then collect the 3 very very cheap Omnibus's of Angel and Spike which are good reads and canon to the show. Also the Dark Horse titles of Buffy and Angel are indeed Canon with IDW stories, the companies work together on both titles because Joss Whedon wanted them to be coincide.

I have not dabbled in anything else from IDW besides those titles.

IDW Turtles I am fairly well versed in (and I highly recommend), and I have the complete run of the Season 8 Buffy/Angel stuff, and season 9 (just have to read it). The Metal Gear Omnibus, I will most definitely check out. I guess for Snake Eyes, I'll just pick up everything I find for GI Joe in IDW and check it out -- though to be honest, I am not interested in GI Joe as a whole, just Snake Eyes and Stormshadow since I grew up with those two from the old cartoons=)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Look up Snake Eyes IDW appereances in google or ask @lunacyde to get only what you need for Snake Eyes, and Storm shadow as he is Snake Eye's greatest rival.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wyldsong
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: I occasionally have my moments of clarity=)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the jungle, Daredevil will be able to find the others long before they find him and Cap will be able to come up with some amazing plans.

However I think the issue is going to be when Matt does find them, can he beat them.

I think that Cap and Matt could both beat Solid Snake, however unless they can get Snake Eyes 2 on one they would lose.

I give it to Snakes 6/10.

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump