Round 7: Casndra Cain and Batwoman

Round 7: Nightwing and Tim Drake

Round 8: Captain America and Winter Solider

#2 Posted by copete (986 posts) - - Show Bio

bump!

#3 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1397 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#4 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Ozymandias so high? Winter Soldier would whup his butt with relative ease.

#5 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1397 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1397 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1397 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I think that might be some what debatable.

Not even close. Either Cap or Winter Soldier would be able to beat Nightwing, and Tim Drake is laughable when compared. Tim couldn't even beat Catman for crying out loud.

#11 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1397 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: One incarnation of Tim Drake not being able to beat Catman does not that other versions can't.

There are two versions as far as I'm aware. Pre-Flashpoint and Post-Flashpoint, both not being very impressive in hand-to-hand combat. Tim's detective skills also aren't applicable in combat.

#13 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1397 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: There are likely way more versions then that, like there are also non canon variations. Let's just replace Cap and Winter Solider with Casandra Cain and Batwoman.

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: There are likely way more versions then that, like there are also non canon variations. Let's just replace Cap and Winter Solider with Casandra Cain and Batwoman.

Why replace Cap and Winter Soldier? The final round is the problem. And there is no version of Tim Drake I know that is on par with either Steve or Bucky.

#15 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1397 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Onemoreposter (3934 posts) - - Show Bio

They clear. At first I thought they stopped at round 5 because Boss is at the top of her game and Raiden is still a little green. However Solid Snake is arguably at the peak of his game during MGS2. Solid had already taken Big Boss twice. Given Big Boss was considerably older when defeated by Snake but he was cybernetically enhanced and possessed his entire lifetime of knowledge, skills, and techniques while Solid on the other hand was just starting out his career.

MGS2 Snake defeated cyborg Frank Yaeger who possessed speed and strength arguably above either Cap or Bucky.

Edit: Just saw this is no weapons/tools so pretty much a cage match. They stop at round 6. Raiden is the weak link. Cap never fatigues.

#17 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

They Clear.

#18 Posted by reaverlation (13926 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira: Nightwing would lose to Captain America.He'd lose a majority to Bucky.It would require at least Batman to at least try to even it out.

#19 Posted by jashro44 (19562 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they make it past 5. The only people in the metal gearverse who surpass the boss in skill are big boss and solid snake. I don't think Raidain can beat either of them.

#20 Edited by reikai (4090 posts) - - Show Bio

Young or Old, Snake is simply the best man that ever was.

#21 Edited by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

They stop at 6

#22 Posted by DatSwampertAzz (837 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I don't think they make it past 5. The only people in the metal gearverse who surpass the boss in skill are big boss and solid snake. I don't think Raidain can beat either of them.

He beaten a Solidus Snake with a super stat amping suit with Doc Ock Tentacles.

#25 Edited by reikai (4090 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Solidus also did the same thing as Frank Jaeger, such as deflecting automatic fire with HF-Blades. So we know he's fast too in that suit. Raiden may be young, but he's no less experienced given he was a Child Soldier. On top of his practical experience as a child, he was secretly adopted by the Patriots where he'd later receive military training and VR training to hone his abilities.

So indeed, Raiden isn't as good as Snake, but he's no pushover.

#26 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

@cadencev2: Solidus also did the same thing as Frank Jaeger, such as deflecting automatic fire with HF-Blades. So we know he's fast too in that suit. Raiden may be young, but he's no less experienced given he was a Child Soldier. On top of his practical experience as a child, he was secretly adopted by the Patriots where he'd later receive military training and VR training to hone his abilities.

So indeed, Raiden isn't as good as Snake, but he's no pushover.

In the comic Raiden also took down Metal Gears with the sword as well stinger.

Gave Ocelot a good tangle.

And completely naked he took out multiple Tenzo soldiers equipped in stat amping Arsenal Gear.

Not to mention the skill to fend off a Harrier, survive Fatman, and beat Vamp in a close quarter environment.

#27 Posted by jashro44 (19562 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: was solidus really as skilled as big boss?

#28 Edited by Ddecourt (796 posts) - - Show Bio

They stop against The Boss & Big Boss. I really don't know why they're pretty low on the list...

#29 Posted by nickzambuto (12889 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Nooooooo not at all, not even close. Genetically they were identical, but Solidus lacked his father's training and experiences. Solidus was tough in his own right though with a few real nice feats.

#30 Posted by nickzambuto (12889 posts) - - Show Bio

As it stands they stop at round 6. Raiden is the weak link and wouldn't last long against the Boss in the style she invented. Give him a sword and we'll talk.

#31 Posted by DatSwampertAzz (837 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira: if they make it past 6...they could potentially clear if not they stop at cap and bucky

#32 Posted by jashro44 (19562 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Nooooooo not at all, not even close. Genetically they were identical, but Solidus lacked his father's training and experiences. Solidus was tough in his own right though with a few real nice feats.

I thought so.