Solar.

I_am_Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anti Monitor wins.

Dark Horse version isnt one you should use in a battle forum. You get that he is powerful but he has very limited feat.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to start reading up on Solar, his recently been participating in many battles.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_am_Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

I need to start reading up on Solar, his recently been participating in many battles.

His stories gets a bit one dimensional after a while.

Solar loses initially, then gets pissed off, stops holding back and wins.

Pretty much the same thing happened throughout his solo run.

When you have a character that powerful having a solo issues is hard when writers dont want to go overbord with creating characters significantly more powerful than him.

He doesnt have 1 single villain whose superior to him.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

His stories gets a bit one dimensional after a while.

Solar loses initially, then gets pissed off, stops holding back and wins.

Pretty much the same thing happened throughout his solo run.

When you have a character that powerful having a solo issues is hard when writers dont want to go overbord with creating characters significantly more powerful than him.

He doesn't have 1 single villain whose superior to him.

QFT

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By jwwprod

Anti-Monitor.

Dark Horse Solar is at best on Silver Surfer's level while SCW Anti-Monitor is still much above Norrin (despite being leagues blow his apperance in COIE).

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By New_World_Order
pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pastepotpete1

@i_am_warlock said:

Anti Monitor wins.

Dark Horse version isnt one you should use in a battle forum. You get that he is powerful but he has very limited feat.

this, and valiant solar was never on TOAA level

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@i_am_warlock said:

Anti Monitor wins.

Who said he was on TOAA level?! LOL! No, he wasn't. Many are very uneducated on Solar, if anyone needs questions answered on him........myself and @wyldsong are two of the premier authorities on him I do believe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete1 said:
@i_am_warlock said:

Anti Monitor wins.

Who said he was on TOAA level?! LOL! No, he wasn't. Many are very uneducated on Solar, if anyone needs questions answered on him........myself and @wyldsong are two of the premier authorities on him I do believe.

If I'm not mistaken, aren't his best feats universal? Anti should take it if Composite, even baring the shit tons of context his feats have.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2:

If I'm not mistaken, aren't his best feats universal?

Well...........yes and no to some degree. It's a complicated question to answer actually without understanding a bunch context behind things. Honestly, he is Herald level IMO from his most powerful incarnation.

Monitor deff wins, I agree.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Which Solar is this then? I know one remade a universe into his old one by manipulating energy, but the other wasn't impressive comparably.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Wyldsong

@jardinain2: Rebirth Valiant Solar (different than the original Valiant Solar), traveled to the past, took a planet with microscopic life already on it, and slowly over millennia by making little changes here and there (basically playing with genetic codes of the micro-organisms), created his own version of the Earth. Then there was the Unity 2000 Solar, different than the aforementioned Solar. In Unity 2000, reality was like a tree, where the main reality was the roots and the trunk, and then alternate timelines would spring up like branches from the tree. If you traveled that alternate timeline all the way back, you would end up at some point on the main timeline. So some of these timelines would start at like the year 1800 and so on. That Solar learned from someone else, that if you go to a very specific place and perform a specific process he could effectively cut off just one of these branches and remove the timeline from the tree. In published history, he only did this once. The plan was for him to figure out how to trim all of the branches. The original Valiant Solar, at best, closed a black hole and created a black hole, plus drained a star, and busted a planet.

And finally there is Deathmate Solar. Deathmate was an alternate reality, never once mentioned again in the Valiant books, and only ever referenced once in Image's Supreme, where you meet the alternate reality Deathmate Supreme in one book (he was not ever the main Supreme mind you). This book had several characters acting out of sorts, with horrible plotlines, and even had Union perform a universal feat, which that character is nowhere near universal in the Image/Wildstorm canon. Basically Union somehow gets Solar to suck up the dying amalgamation alternate reality of Image/Valiant combo, dies during the process, and then Union remembers reality back into existence.

There are no canon universal Solar feats, and the alternate reality Deathmate Solar died performing his one kind of universal feat. Solar at best, has been portrayed as Planetary/Star levels in power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Thanks for the info.

Anti stomps in that case.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: check this out..............

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/solar-110747/solar-the-truth-of-the-atom-1894236/#js-message-3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pastepotpete1

@jardinain2 said:

@cosmicallyaware1: Which Solar is this then? I know one remade a universe into his old one by manipulating energy, but the other wasn't impressive comparably.

that mustve been the comic i picked up i saw him on a space station being attacked by three altered beast looking creatures with tentacles coming out of them created by something sprectal being somewhere with tentacles coming out of their faces and knocks them out using ***** flower pots ! and i thought apocalyse getting koed by a coffee table was bad ..solar completley vaporizes some of them which was kind of bad ass .. but someone who is suppose to be up there with Living Tribunal having to resort to smashing creatures with flower pots? and can solar even breathe in outer space? i dont think he can? i am seeing a lot of pictures of solar fighting guys with guns on earth as well as high tech space battles i am guessing he is orginal from earth :: runs to wikipedia :: lol

wow these are very very very strange and exotic comics like .. mind blowing! solar in valiant is some really freaky mysterious and exotic stuff! but young blood was kind of stupid

solar is in general is more power than the silver surfer its comparing solar to the silver surfer is like comparing a top ten green lantern to the surfer .silver surfer is a notch ahead of any lantern but . solar would be surfer comfortably but he is not like Living Tribunal

Karma is like a poor mans doctor strange and he has a lot of trouble with her

Jardinain2: he is like a pretty- boy version of spawn or swamp thing .. too inconsistant ! he has got miles not light years but miles to go to be on living tribunals plane .. and he should not be in the same sentence with the beyonder .. most of the beings in the Valiant universe are _____rs