#1 Posted by Flash1777 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Standard equitment ... Bloodlust on ....

#2 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving it to Sodom Yat, as I understand it, he's got all the powers of a kryptonian only with a weakness to lead instead of kryptonite, in addition to his Ion powers. Take into account the fact that since he's a Green Lantern, and thus patrols space, not just one planet, and thus probably passes a lot closer to multiple suns than Superman does normally, it would stand to reason Yat would start out with more raw power all around.

#3 Posted by TheTmac (472 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodlusted Superman? Yat gets a beating just like he did in SCW.

#4 Posted by Flash1777 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#5 Posted by Mr_Winchester (706 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheTmac: The reasoning provided by @JonSmith should be sufficient to prove why Yat wins...especially with blood-lust on.

#6 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheTmac said:

Agreed. Yat also is far less experienced w/ his non-GL powers than Supes (a good reason he got whacked around in Sinestro Corps War) which is a large issue for him. Many will be inclined to say that the GL ring (btw, Ion is not "standard gear" - he wasn't Ion very long, and I'd say his usual ring is "standard") gives him the edge, but I think that the fight against SBP is good evidence that, when put up against someone like Supes, he won't use the ring that much and will opt to go w/ brute force (which will fail, as I said above).

#7 Posted by mysoulz (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Sodam Yat

#8 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: Sodam Yat does not spend more time closer to a sun. Earth is located very close to our sun in comparison to the grad scheme of things 99.9+% of the universe is empty earth occupies a space very close to a sun in comparison to most of the view able planets

#9 Posted by SlimJ87D (9591 posts) - - Show Bio

Mathematically Yat takes it. Similar powers to superman + green lantern ring or Ion version.

#10 Posted by Kovak (748 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Yat.

#11 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: all of that got him nothing against SBP. He lacks experience w/ his kryptonian-esque powers to be effective w/ them, and when he's using them he doesn't even use his GL powers. I have no idea where math applies here...maybe use another word?

#12 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11976 posts) - - Show Bio

Feat wise, Superman wins, Speculation wise, Yat wins .... I wonder????

#13 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkelf35 said:

Sodam Yat does not spend more time closer to a sun. Earth is located very close to our sun in comparison to the grad scheme of things 99.9+% of the universe is empty earth occupies a space very close to a sun in comparison to most of the view able planets

Except as a Green Lantern, Yat has to patrol PLANETS. Not necessarily just empty space, because there's nothing to patrol in empty space. Take into account the fact that planets with life are generally in range of a sun, and he probably has to fly between multiple inhabited worlds on a regular basis, and yes, he probably does spend more time closer to a sun than Superman does. Granted, I say this without knowledge of his assigned Sector, but still.

#14 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@darkelf35 said:

Sodam Yat does not spend more time closer to a sun. Earth is located very close to our sun in comparison to the grad scheme of things 99.9+% of the universe is empty earth occupies a space very close to a sun in comparison to most of the view able planets

Except as a Green Lantern, Yat has to patrol PLANETS. Not necessarily just empty space, because there's nothing to patrol in empty space. Take into account the fact that planets with life are generally in range of a sun, and he probably has to fly between multiple inhabited worlds on a regular basis, and yes, he probably does spend more time closer to a sun than Superman does. Granted, I say this without knowledge of his assigned Sector, but still.

I think where he patrols is largely irrelevant...Supes lives his life pretty close to a yellow sun and is vastly more experienced with his powers. Given that we have never seen Yat near a yellow sun, except when on earth, I don't think it's even worth debating this point specifically.

#15 Posted by Dextersinister (5920 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@darkelf35 said:

He would spend most of his time further away if you take into account that the space between sun's would be much much larger than the space between a planet and it's sun so most of his flightpath would be further rather than closer to a sun but then you also have to take into account that Superman has spent almost his entire life under a yellow sun vs Sodam's fraction.

He is also no longer Ion if he was it would be a stomp.

#16 Edited by SlimJ87D (9591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equonox said:

@SlimJ87D: all of that got him nothing against SBP. He lacks experience w/ his kryptonian-esque powers to be effective w/ them, and when he's using them he doesn't even use his GL powers. I have no idea where math applies here...maybe use another word?

And you are comparing Superman to Superboy-Prime like they're equals? The only 1 on 1 Superman was able to do against Prime was getting punched, frozen punched and then heat vision through his hand. I think Yat did far better than Superman did.

He didn't use both his powers together? First off, you are assuming this is noob Yat during the Prime fight. Yat was barely recruited, had never been under a yellow sun EVER and just learned how to use his ring. Now if we use them at his peak, Yat learned about his yellow sun powers and green lantern like abilities. I also like how you didn't factor in that he got Lead Poisoning in the fight as well and really began to lose the fight when they ended up in a factory full of lead.

I think it's pretty simple. Yat lead poisoned did better than Superman did against Prime. Superman's hand got bruned through, Yat was able to take Superboy-Prime's heat vision.

"I burn him, he burns me."

The math is pretty simple, you have two men with similar powers and you give one green lantern powers which naturally increases his durability subconsciously. A green lantern doesn't need to will their durbility to increase it's an automatic feature.

#17 Posted by drgnx (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Yat could lose, because as mentioned ION is not standard gear. The other thing to point out is they Yat does not seem to get Sun Powers much, I mean he was a green lantern for how long, but only got his first dose during SCW (that also indicates such powers are not standard =P)? This tells me he would need to start building up during the start of the fight but once he gains Yellow Sun based Powers he would get an advantage. The longer the fight goes on, the worse for Superman.

#18 Posted by SlimJ87D (9591 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

Yat could lose, because as mentioned ION is not standard gear. The other thing to point out is they Yat does not seem to get Sun Powers much, I mean he was a green lantern for how long, but only got his first dose during SCW (that also indicates such powers are not standard =P)? This tells me he would need to start building up during the start of the fight but once he gains Yellow Sun based Powers he would get an advantage. The longer the fight goes on, the worse for Superman.

I feel that this is a battle of technicalities. The OP should clearly state who gets what and be very clear about it.

But Yat wasn't under the yellow sun for long to be able to perform the way he did against Prime. And Prime was getting yellow sun from his armor for days and then flew under the yellow sun and charged up as well. So I wouldn't say Yat needs to be under the yellow sun for too long.

#19 Posted by mysoulz (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equonox said:

@TheTmac said:

Agreed. Yat also is far less experienced w/ his non-GL powers than Supes (a good reason he got whacked around in Sinestro Corps War) which is a large issue for him. Many will be inclined to say that the GL ring (btw, Ion is not "standard gear" - he wasn't Ion very long, and I'd say his usual ring is "standard") gives him the edge, but I think that the fight against SBP is good evidence that, when put up against someone like Supes, he won't use the ring that much and will opt to go w/ brute force (which will fail, as I said above).

Yat hold his own against SBP (no other GLs have done this). Yat was keep telling himself to stop holding back, cause he was relying on his ring to recover (slowly) the lead poisoning (automatic shielding was breached). Yat has a ring that gives him auto-protection, added with Daxamite durability that's above Superman's. He doesn't need to be ION to take out Superman. Yat's willpower alone was able to shatter Mongul's constructs (who's armed with multiple yellow rings) without tapping into to the power of ION. He still has proper corps training.

#20 Posted by dondave (35932 posts) - - Show Bio

Sodam Yat with Ion would win if he's experienced with his abilities

#21 Posted by drgnx (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@drgnx said:

I feel that this is a battle of technicalities. The OP should clearly state who gets what and be very clear about it.

But Yat wasn't under the yellow sun for long to be able to perform the way he did against Prime. And Prime was getting yellow sun from his armor for days and then flew under the yellow sun and charged up as well. So I wouldn't say Yat needs to be under the yellow sun for too long.

Yeah, I was trying to consider all angles ... I don't recall the length of time, but Sadom did get some exposure before when he faced the Anti-monitor, so he had some powers to survive his blast, that would have killed him otherwise, that was probably a few minutes including the time they entered the solar system. Also, I know it does not seem to take long for them to start getting strength, based on a few portrayals over the years. Even with the biggest inconsistencies, it still seems they get some benefits immediately. If they are under the yellow sun, I would consider his ability to get Sunlight, standard though. So yeah, he probably wouldn't need to wait too long for his powers to kick in, if he is smart he could buy a lot of time by fighting defensively (which would become easier as time goes by).

#22 Posted by Stipes00245 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't you know that Superman always wins? :)

#23 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

Yat. He's basically Superman with a GL ring and let's not forget he's got the living embodiment of willpower on his side.

#24 Posted by TheTmac (472 posts) - - Show Bio

@mysoulz: He didnt hold his own against SBP he got stomped.

#25 Posted by Park (2974 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman should win this. He's more experienced with his own powers and has spent decades soaking up yellow sun radiation. Yat has the GL ring and Ion in some cases but he's not very experienced with those either. Also lead is really easy to get your hands on.

#26 Edited by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: this is blood lusted Superman...he was not blood lusted in Infinite Crisis when fighting SBP. Stop invoking "math" as if you have done some magical calculation that provides the answer to this fight...there's literally no math involved. Yat is inexperienced with his non-GL powers - Supes has demonstrated that even when NOT bloodlusted he can crush inexperienced kryptonians who have equal powers, simply because he knows them better (New Krypton story arc).

@TheTmac said:

@mysoulz: He didnt hold his own against SBP he got stomped.

Exactly...posting pics from the beginning of the fight where he "hold his own" ignores the second half where SBP mercilessly beats him into submission. He burned through Supes' hand, sure, but Supes was NEVER beaten as badly as Yat was by SBP.

#27 Edited by SlimJ87D (9591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equonox: WTH are you talking about? That wasn't Infinti Crisis, it was legion of three worlds and it doesn't freaking matter. Superboy-Prime's heat vision can penetrate Superman's skin and muscles.

So you are saying if Superman was blood lusted then his durability would magically increase and SBP couldn't heat vision his skin?

Sodam-Yat doesn't just have durability increase from the sun, he has a durability increase due to the ring. So he was able to take Superboy-Prime's heat vision face to face.

It's SIMPLE, Superman isn't durable enough to take heat vision with X amount of power, Sodam Yat was. This is the math here, Yat's taking of heat vision and going toe to toe with Prime before lead poisoning > More than anything Superman could do to him.

Do you understand the fail in your reasoning here? You're trying to say Sodam Yat has no experience with his Lantern powers, you act like he didn't complete his training later on or something.

And then your next excuse is "oh he doesn't use his GL powers under a yellow sun anyways."

Your argument floats around using a inexperienced Yat when the rules say we use them at peak levels. Your argument floats around some claim that he will not use his GL powers when he's under a yellow sun FOR NO LOGICAL REASON. Basically your argument is based on downplaying Yat and trying to find any way to handicap him.

Yat has greater durability than Superman, he was taking Prime's heat vision and punches until he got LEAD POISONING. Yat has the arsenal advantage against Superman because he has greater weapons. Yat fought against Mongul who had 10 rings while Yat only had access to his green lantern ring, the ion entity was blocked by scar the Guardian and he had ran out of his yellow sun energy. Mongul with his power pretty much enslaved the yellow lantern corps, many who fought in the sinestro corps war wouldn't dare to challenge him as he beat up Sinestro's second in command. So I FAIL to see how he's a inexperienced green lantern being capable of holding off Mongul amped with multiple rings.

What is Superman going to do? Use pressure points like he did on the Kryptonians when the Green Lantern aura will protect him from such penetrations in addition to being capable of healing his body?

#28 Posted by New_World_Order (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way.

#29 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Just for reference, here's the full fight between Yat and SBP. Even after he gets a fatal dose of lead poisoning, Sodam gets some good shots in on Prime.

#30 Posted by jotaro4711 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

the best fight i ever seen!!! .... but SBP take this match