Which version? IDW?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

In pure hand-to-hand combat skill, the two are roughly comparable. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow both have extremely impressive feats, and the two stalemating each other in combat is a feat in itself. However, I'm going to go with the G.I. Joe here. With morals off, Shredder's arrogance will be multiplied tenfold, while Snake Eyes will probably still be calm, just looking to end the fight quickly. The Turtles with their teamwork managed to defeat Shredder (if you could call it that), which I can't say would work on Snake Eyes. On top of that, Eyes' equipment is far more versatile.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

the turtles each have the strength to lift a ton and they are all highly skilled with super agility and shredder beat them most the time in 4 on one any of the turtles would be a decent fight for snake eyes.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

the turtles each have the strength to lift a ton and they are all highly skilled with super agility and shredder beat them most the time in 4 on one any of the turtles would be a decent fight for snake eyes.

I don't see Mikey or Donatello faring that long against Snake-Eyes. Raphael would hold his own for a while but his anger would get the best of him. Leonardo would be the most decent fight, but I wouldn't say he wins by any means.

If we're using the Mirage Turtles, that's an entirely different story.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7  Edited By GraniteSoldier

This doesn't say anything about gear, so assuming standard gear Snake Eyes can take Shredder with some difficulty.

In pure hand-to-hand combat skill, the two are roughly comparable. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow both have extremely impressive feats, and the two stalemating each other in combat is a feat in itself. However, I'm going to go with the G.I. Joe here. With morals off, Shredder's arrogance will be multiplied tenfold, while Snake Eyes will probably still be calm, just looking to end the fight quickly. The Turtles with their teamwork managed to defeat Shredder (if you could call it that), which I can't say would work on Snake Eyes. On top of that, Eyes' equipment is far more versatile.

This is a pretty good breakdown. Beyond this I'd point out that even though they are both ninjas, Snake Eyes is superior in stealth and ambush. I don't remember, but does Shredder have any bullet-timing feats? Snake Eyes is a superb marksman. Anyway with morals off, Snake goes for the kill fast and early. He'll get it too.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This doesn't say anything about gear, so assuming standard gear Snake Eyes can take Shredder with some difficulty.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

This is a pretty good breakdown. Beyond this I'd point out that even though they are both ninjas, Snake Eyes is superior in stealth and ambush. I don't remember, but does Shredder have any bullet-timing feats? Snake Eyes is a superb marksman. Anyway with morals off, Snake goes for the kill fast and early. He'll get it too.

Shredder did recently bullet time in TMNT #26

No Caption Provided

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08:

Ah, thank you. My shop has been behind on IDW shipments, haven't gotten any TMNT since issue 25.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wolverine08:

Ah, thank you. My shop has been behind on IDW shipments, haven't gotten any TMNT since issue 25.

Just show them that you're in the military. They'll give you every comic for free!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

@wolverine08:

Just show them that you're in the military. They'll give you every comic for free!

Not in Virginia. I order Graphic Novels for my collections. Never had to worry about Comics in supply.

Also this would be close, but Snake Eyes has guns and explosives. In a pure Sword match, it could go either way.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

@wolverine08:

Never heard of that one. I'll have to look into that if it's true haha.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By tparks

Turtles are quite a bit higher then a ton (more like 8-10 in some occasions), but I agree with this.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks:

i haven't seen anything that would indicate that kind of strength but I haven't read many of the idw comics I get most my info from the cartoons and movies for the turtles my brother and i huge fans of the turtles back in the day.

looking back shredder and splinter can always tell when the other is near by and splinter has minor telepathy but it takes major meditation.

but I think shredder is too skilled here he usually takes the turtles with ease and he blitzed them even though he is human and they enhanced speed I think shredder is too much.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@comic_book_fan: From what I've seen, the abilities between the comic and the current tv show are very different.

Anyways, here are some strength feats for the turtles that are well above 1 ton in the spoiler block.

No Caption Provided
  • Doesn't show which turtle, but one of them throws a foot soldier through a window about 12 feet high, and across a long distance into Shredder. This is way above 1 ton.
No Caption Provided
  • Mikey puts down Slash and even hurts him. Slash is a tank. That's the only thing that's actually hurt him besides Leo stabbing him in his only vulnerable spot in his shoulder.
  • The turtles pushing over a giant statue to trap Shub-Nigurath. The statue looks like it weighs 40-50 tons and only three of them were pushing. I also can't believe one of the Turtles wins was against Shub-Nigurath. lol.
  • Mikey sprints down a transport ship in mid-flight and jumps higher then any one tonner possibly could and land in it while it is still ascending.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By one_upper

Shredder in a battle for the ages.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17 Lunacyde  Moderator

Shredder in a battle for the ages.

I don't think so.

Shredder is an impressive character, and very good match for Snake-Eyes in skills, but physically Snake-Eyes has better feats for sure and Snake-Eyes also has an advantage in stealth.