User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jashro44

Predator (Smiley)

No Caption Provided

Gear

Smiley is armed with:

• His helmet
  • Plate armor
  • Wrist Gauntlet (Sat-com, Nets, Plasma)
  • Shoulder cannon
  • Wrist Blades
  • Combi Stick
  • Spear gun

Rules

• Morals are off
  • Smiley knows he is going into a series of fight
  • All DC characters are pre new 52
  • Win is achieved with KO/Death/Incapacitation
  • Gear is Standard for all combatants
  • Smiley gets one day of rest between each round

• All combatants begin Five miles apart
  • There are animals in the jungle
  • Jungle goes in a circle
  • Jungle looks like this:
Inside of the jungle
Inside of the jungle
Birds eye view of the jungle to give an idea how big it is...
Birds eye view of the jungle to give an idea how big it is...

Gauntlet

1. Punisher
  2. Catman
  3. Green Arrow (armed with regular arrows)
  4. Bucky Barnes
  5. Batman
  6. Kraven the Hunter (current)
  7. Wolverine (bone claw)
  8. Sabretooth
  9. Deathstroke
  10. Black Panther (pre doom war)

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

he could clear, if he's lucky

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jashro44
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nick_hero22

In all honesty, I have a hard time seeing Smiley passing Bucky Barnes if he is armed with Captain America's shield. Captain's Shield is both a great offensive and defensive weapon, and I have trouble seeing Smiley's projectiles getting pass Bucky's reflexes and shield. When it comes to hand-to-hand combat, I would say that Bucky is a little more skilled than Smiley based off what I have seen; but Smiley has a significant edge in terms of physical stats that could render Bucky's skill edge null. But, if Bucky takes full advantage of Captain's Shield, he could definitely come out on top. Bucky should take a 6/10 if he has Captain America's Shield.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pokergeist

All these are tough fights, as a Punisher Fan I do not think he beats Punisher with any ease.

Point is Smiley has the potential to beat anyone here. However with only a day rest he would fall short IMO halfway thru due to damage taken.

That is if he does not lose 1 on 1 with any of these guys. Each match is a close call. Simple as that.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nick_hero22

@cadencev2:

Predators heal at a much more faster rate than humans, and they also carry around highly advanced medical gear as standard hunting equipment.

I definitely believe that Smiley would take the edge against Punisher for obvious reasons, but the difficulty of the win depends on Frank's equipment in this thread.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Stops with 1

What royce did can be replicated with all of these people

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

Predators heal at a much more faster rate than humans, and they also carry around highly advanced medical gear as standard hunting equipment.

I definitely believe that Smiley would take the edge against Punisher for obvious reasons, but the difficulty of the win depends on Frank's equipment in this thread.

That is what i mean with Punisher. If equipped with SHIELD tech like he has in the past could mess Smiley up badly.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Stops at 6.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jashro44

@nick_hero22: @cadencev2: concerning punishers gear lets assume he has a assault rife, a pistol and a knife. And on the subject of Bucky this is Bucky as winter soldier with his winter soldier gear. So no shield.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nick_hero22

@nerx:

Royce fought Super Black Predators, not Smiley so I don't understand how this comparison is relevant because Smiley would be capable of soloing the Super Black Predators with ease. The Super Black Predators are quite mediocre compared to the EU Predators.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nick_hero22: @cadencev2: concerning punishers gear lets assume he has a assault rife, a pistol and a knife. And on the subject of Bucky this is Bucky as winter soldier with his winter soldier gear. So no shield.

Well if that is the case, I see Smiley making it to Round 7 or 9 depending on certain factors of the fight i.e. Does Sabertooth have Adamantium? What equipment does Deathstroke have?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nick_hero22

@nerx said:

@nick_hero22:

IS smiley from the game

?

Smiley is the Clan Leader from the comic AVP: Civilized Beast

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

I don't see him getting past Sabretooth. He's sure as hell not beating T'challa in this environment too.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Well if that is the case, I see Smiley making it to Round 7 or 9 depending on certain factors of the fight i.e. Does Sabertooth have Adamantium? What equipment does Deathstroke have?

Sabretooth is bone claw and deathstroke just has his promethium blade.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As a Marvel fan, I don't see Smiley getting past Punisher, or Bucky Barnes. As a DC fan, I don't see Smiley getting past Green Arrow (arguable), or Batman. However, this a great battle, so kudos to the OP.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19 HigorM  Moderator

@jashro44: IMHO I say Smiley stops at Bucky Barnes aka Winter Soldier.

from his bio:

As the Winter Soldier he has super strength, quick reaction time and the ability to produce EMPs, as well as jammers for metal detectors and x-ray machines, due to his cyborg left arm. Even when this arm is removed, Winter Soldier can mentally control it from a remote location. His time as a covert Soviet agent has further honed his skills giving him a combination of mix fighting styles for use in close combat. As the Winter Soldier, Barnes became an expert assassin and spy and performed many behind the scenes assassinations without getting caught making some of his kills look like accidents.

As the post-Cold War Winter Soldier, Bucky has an updated Winter Soldier BDU and gear:

• Impact resistant.
  • Bullet resistant.

So Smiley while possess field advantaged and a good set of gear, Barnes uses his SHIELD modified handugun which possess a higher caliber (being able to wind up Ares) and explosive rounds, he is better at H2H combat and was able to deal with Wolverine 3 times already. He proved to be a top marksmanship against the likes of Daredevil and Hawkeye, so I believe he got what it takes to defeat the predator here..

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nick_hero22

@higorm said:

from his bio:

As the Winter Soldier he has super strength, quick reaction time and the ability to produce EMPs, as well as jammers for metal detectors and x-ray machines, due to his cyborg left arm. Even when this arm is removed, Winter Soldier can mentally control it from a remote location. His time as a covert Soviet agent has further honed his skills giving him a combination of mix fighting styles for use in close combat. As the Winter Soldier, Barnes became an expert assassin and spy and performed many behind the scenes assassinations without getting caught making some of his kills look like accidents.

As the post-Cold War Winter Soldier, Bucky has an updated Winter Soldier BDU and gear:

• Impact resistant.
  • Bullet resistant.

So Smiley while possess field advantaged and a good set of gear, Barnes uses his SHIELD modified handugun which possess a higher caliber (being able to wind up Ares) and explosive rounds, he is better at H2H combat and was able to deal with Wolverine 3 times already. He proved to be a top marksmanship against the likes of Daredevil and Hawkeye, so I believe he got what it takes to defeat the predator here..

Smiley has the advantages of being far more experienced especially in terrain identical to this along with having much higher physical stats and skills than anyone Winter Soldier has faced. Broken Tusk, who I would argue is less skilled than Smiley in hand-to-hand combat, was able to defeat several Xenomorphs during a raid on a hive in the novel AVP: Prey empty-handed, so I don't believe the skill edge that Bucky has is that vast in comparison to Smiley, who was able to beat an Xenomorph Queen with nothing but a pair of Wrist Blades; in the comic AVP: Prey, Broken Tusk had his standard arsenal and the help of Machiko, and he still ended up dead trying to face the Xenomorph Queen. Bucky's suit won't be a problem as far as tracking goes due to the multispectral capabilities of Smiley's helmet, and its durability would be rendered void due to the sheer damage output of Smiley's Plasma Caster which is able to obliterate interstellar transport vehicles with ease. I haven't seen any evidence of Bucky defeating someone with similar physical stats and skills compared to Smiley.

Alien vs Predator: Prey ISBN 0-553-5655-6 Page 5-6.

Dachande looked at the fettered queen, the fleshy eggs she laid. His own trophy wall on the homeworld held half a dozen of the Hard Meat skulls, bleached and clean, including the ones he had killed with his bare hands, as well as a queen taken during a hellish in which nine already Blooded warriors had died. He had killed fifty others, but had kept, as was proper, only those he had thought worthy of his wall. They were fierce but usually no challenge to one such as himself.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nick_hero22

@jashro44 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@jashro44 said:

Sabretooth is bone claw and deathstroke just has his promethium blade.

Well, he could possibly stop at Deathstroke then.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4

I highly disagree since Bucky doesn't have Captain's Shield.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier) wins.

@higorm said:

from his bio:

• Impact resistant.
  • Bullet resistant.

This but to add a little more. The Winter Soldier Suit also has security jammers so maybe the suit well interfere with Smily's Mask. Also Bucky arm has been upgraded a little bet.

Domino Mask

As the Winter Soldier, Bucky's mechanical arm can let out a propagation of sound for his mask to receive and translate it into a 3D map. This allows him to see invisible enemies. Pretty much Dare Devil envy.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/60545/2856801-winter_solider_015_zone_013.jpg

Also as for the for somebody as physical Smily heres some more scans.

Against 50s Captain America:

50s Captain America has 2 ton strength. Bucky has commented that 50s Captain America is twice as strong, fast and durable as Steve. Bucky also commented that Steve is 3 times faster, stronger and durable as himself. This makes 50s cap 6 times all the stats of Bucky who is only peak human. No big deal, Bucky still kicks his ass.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica40Zone-Meganpg03.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica40Zone-Meganpg04.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica40Zone-Meganpg05.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica40Zone-Meganpg08.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica40Zone-Meganpg09.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica40Zone-Meganpg10.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica40Zone-Meganpg13.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica40Zone-Meganpg14.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica40Zone-Meganpg15.jpg

This time Bucky did not have a shield, only his arm. He still beats 50s Cap and then shoots him multiple times. We all know 50s Cap will be back again.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica605Shepherd-Meganpg06.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica605Shepherd-Meganpg10.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica605Shepherd-Meganpg11.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica605Shepherd-Meganpg15.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica605Shepherd-Meganpg16.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica605Shepherd-Meganpg17.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica605Shepherd-Meganpg18.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica605Shepherd-Meganpg20.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica605Shepherd-Meganpg21.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/50s%20Cap/CaptainAmerica605Shepherd-Meganpg22.jpg

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@nick_hero22: Can you give me examples of Smiley superior physical stats? like in numbers.. how much more stronger then Bucky? He is superior to Wolverine for example considering all stats?

Well, Bucky was able to overcome Wolverine (far more experienced then Bucky) senses and bring him down 3 times already. He fought and defeat 2x the 50´s Cap. America who is twice as strong, fast and durable as Steve. Bucky also commented that Steve is 3 times faster, stronger and durable as himself. This makes 50s cap 6 times all the stats of Bucky who is only peak human. He also manage to bests Baron Zemo Jr. in combat who was prepped for the fight, had traps and a power suit while Bucky was drugged and hallucinating.Against Daredevil he sneaks up on Matt who tries to richochette his club at Bucky but Bucky shoots it in midair. Wolverine comments he would have his money on Bucky. The fight really didn't continue since Wolverine, Hawkeye and Steve come in to put Bucky down.

I believe Barnes is superior to Smiley in terms of agility and dodging, so he can put him down with the special handgun, since it was able to bring Ares (far stronger and durable then Smiley) down..

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HigorM  Moderator

@thexx: thanks! i forgot about the security jammer and domino mask..

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pokergeist

@higorm: Sounds like a CaV match. I like Wolf Pred myself. How about it? Wolf vs Winter Soldier?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

Bucky would beat the breaks off of Wolf.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

LOL...no.

Wolf had more gear, was a Elite, and had to contend with more Aliens.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nick_hero22

@higorm said:

@nick_hero22: Can you give me examples of Smiley superior physical stats? like in numbers.. how much more stronger then Bucky? He is superior to Wolverine for example considering all stats?

Well, Bucky was able to overcome Wolverine (far more experienced then Bucky) senses and bring him down 3 times already. He fought and defeat 2x the 50´s Cap. America who is twice as strong, fast and durable as Steve. Bucky also commented that Steve is 3 times faster, stronger and durable as himself. This makes 50s cap 6 times all the stats of Bucky who is only peak human. He also manage to bests Baron Zemo Jr. in combat who was prepped for the fight, had traps and a power suit while Bucky was drugged and hallucinating.Against Daredevil he sneaks up on Matt who tries to richochette his club at Bucky but Bucky shoots it in midair. Wolverine comments he would have his money on Bucky. The fight really didn't continue since Wolverine, Hawkeye and Steve come in to put Bucky down.

I believe Barnes is superior to Smiley in terms of agility and dodging, so he can put him down with the special handgun, since it was able to bring Ares (far stronger and durable then Smiley) down..

Strength Feats

Predator: Bloody Sands, a Predator was able to rip the plating off of a German Panzer.

Predator: Big Game, a Predator was able to pick up a decapitated head off the ground and throw it hard enough to knock over a military vehicle carrying several armed personnel.

AVP: Prey, a Predator was able to pry open and bend the reinforced doors of the Medical Bay of the Ryushi Colony.

Predator: Primal, a Predator was able to destroy a scout helicopter with its bare-fist in a couple of blows.

AVP: Civilized Beast, a Predator was able to back-hand an Xenomorph into the wall of a pyramid built with heavy stone-like material (reminiscent of Aztec or Mayan design) and collapse it.

Predator: South China Sea, a Predator was able to punch a military vehicles carrying several adults and supply off-road with a single punch.

AVP: Civilized Beast, a Predator was able to tear the arm off of a highly advanced Synthetics by just grabbing its Combi Stick back; previous models of Synthetics had a skeletal structure composed of carbon fiber.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_strong_is_carbon_fiber

Bucky might be more agile, but he is in no way faster in combat speed/reaction time or raw foot speed. The Predator has feats like side-stepping bullets from an AK-47 at point blank range and chasing a sport cars accelerating at very high speed which is evident in the artistic depiction of the scene. The plate armor that Predators wear is quite resistant to explosives and munitions, so I have a hard time believing that the modified handgun that Bucky uses would penetrate the armor as easily as you think. And, as far as experience is concerned, Predators can live to be well over thousand years old and they spend centuries traveling and hunting throughout the galaxy as well.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nick_hero22

@nick_hero22 said:

@cadencev2:

LOL...no.

Wolf had more gear, was a Elite, and had to contend with more Aliens.

Wolf did have good gear, but he wasn't an elite hunter by no means. He was a veteran hunter, who had a great deal of experience, but compared to his EU counterparts; he doesn't stack up very well against them.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

haha my cousin's name is smiley....

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HigorM  Moderator

Those are feats from differents predators or all from Smiley ?

Smiley generally dodges or he just go through an attack, I mean, he´s overconfident? He would bother dodge Bucky when he sees the handgun seems like an ordinary gun?

The handgun may not easily penetrate his armor but can definately knock him out, I mean, it worked against Ares, imagine against a Predator.. Bucky possess enough marksmanship skills to tag him and put him down..

No Caption Provided

Besides that, he doesn´t have only the handgun, he can use the arm to release an EMP to render most of Smiley gear useless.. He can also use eletrical discharges that should work on his just fine unless you can prove otherwise..

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HigorM  Moderator

@higorm: Sounds like a CaV match. I like Wolf Pred myself. How about it? Wolf vs Winter Soldier?

Let´s make it happen, but I would like to finish my current tournaments first ok? at least yours :)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: I dont think it was ever stated he was a veteran, young blood, elite or anything. Wolf did have his own Pimp Ride and acted a a one man army for a entire felled hunting party. The whole reason he was called Wolf was in homage to his role of that of the Cleaner (Wolf) in Pulp Fiction.

He was the guy that was sent to clean up the worse messes. Hardly a mere Veteran. I say that fits the Elite Roll, he also was about to kill the Pred Alien before the Nuke and Interference of the human cast.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By nick_hero22

@higorm said:

Smiley generally dodges or he just go through an attack, I mean, he´s overconfident? He would bother dodge Bucky when he sees the handgun seems like an ordinary gun?

The handgun may not easily penetrate his armor but can definately knock him out, I mean, it worked against Ares, imagine against a Predator.. Bucky possess enough marksmanship skills to tag him and put him down..

No Caption Provided

Besides that, he doesn´t have only the handgun, he can use the arm to release an EMP to render most of Smiley gear useless.. He can also use eletrical discharges that should work on his just fine unless you can prove otherwise..

They are from different Predators, but all Predators have the same physical stats, so I don't see how this question is relevant.

Predators have the capabilities to dodge and evade a variety of different projectiles; Smiley isn't going to sit there like some dumb brick and soak up damage from Bucky; Predators are very tactical and methodical in combat.

I seriously doubt that Bucky's modified handgun would knock out Smiley when he is fully armored, it has shown to be highly resistant to munition; so I don't see how Bucky's handgun is going to do any serious damage or incapacitate him. To my knowledge Ares isn't bulletproof and is susceptible to munition, so isn't this a very bad comparison since Smiley's armor is virtually bulletproof?

An EMP-based attack could possibly effect Smiley's weapons and equipment, but a lot of Smiley weapons are melee oriented and therefore would be unfazed by Bucky using his arm to release an EMP. How often does Bucky use such a tactic as this?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

Wolf hardly fits the role of an Elite; Elites are the leaders of clans, and therefore wouldn't be relegated to role of cleansing such a very small Xenomorph outbreak. He didn't avenge an entire hunting party, at the beginning of Requiem, a small transport ship broke off from the Mothership and crash landed back on Earth. That would hardly call for the intervention of an Elite hunter, but it would be an excellent assignment for a hunter who is lower in status though. All on-panel evidence points to Wolf being a veteran hunter.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pokergeist

@higorm said:

That would not really mattered for feats of stats as 90% all the known Predators are the same in stats and all.

Example, Captain America is a Uniqueone of a kind Super Human Super Soldier. Smiley is a Average Predator in stats.

Much like Space Marines, and T-800 Terminators, ect, Predator Feats are widely accepted as the same since they are the same species.

Some have more skill, others have more gear. Very few Predators have shown a consistent higher level of stats than the norm, however they are referred to as Super Predators in material.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2:

Wolf hardly fits the role of an Elite; Elites are the leaders of clans, and therefore wouldn't be relegated to role of cleansing such a very small Xenomorph outbreak. He didn't avenge an entire hunting party, at the beginning of Requiem, a small transport ship broke off from the Mothership and crash landed back on Earth. That would hardly call for the intervention of an Elite hunter, but it would be an excellent assignment for a hunter who is lower in status though. All on-panel evidence points to Wolf being a veteran hunter.

We will agree to disagree. Wolf had his own pad, his own gear that outmatch most Predators shown thus far (Laser Mines, Razor Whip) and he had Multiple Helmets (Most Preds are stuck with one on panel).

Also he was never tasked with anything by anyone. He and he alone received the distress beacon and acted on it with no guidance.

Also their are Clan Leaders that fill the roles your talking about. Broken Tusk is such one, and he leads a party no larger than what we saw.

We will agree to disagree. I think he was a Elite.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By nick_hero22

@nick_hero22 said:

@cadencev2:

We will agree to disagree. Wolf had his own pad, his own gear that outmatch most Predators shown thus far (Laser Mines, Razor Whip) and he had Multiple Helmets (Most Preds are stuck with one on panel).

Also he was never tasked with anything by anyone. He and he alone received the distress beacon and acted on it with no guidance.

Also their are Clan Leaders that fill the roles your talking about. Broken Tusk is such one, and he leads a party no larger than what we saw.

We will agree to disagree. I think he was a Elite.

Broken Tusk role wasn't to act as a cleanser, it was to train the young hunters of his clan, which accidentally led to an Xenomorph outbreak on the colony of Ryushi. I like said before, there is no evidence Wolf was an Elite; having your own small interstellar ship doesn't make you a Elite especially when Elites are the ones who command Motherships.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HigorM  Moderator

@nick_hero22:

Well, that was an honest question since I´m not an expert about the whole predators universe..

I know he won´t be waiting for the bullets, I was just asking if he got this kind of personality, even then Bucky got what it takes to tag him, the bionic arm provides him enhanced reaction time on top of his marksmanship skills..

Ares possess superhuman dense tissue and durability, and 70 tons strength.. even then Bucky´ manage to wind him down with his handgun.. It´s not about penetrative demage but impact. I hardly believe Smiley can pass unfazed by it..

So the EMP should work just fine compromising most of his gear that seemed like a clear advantage at first look.. and Bucky can deal with melee weapons.. Bucky only used the EMP one time against Iron Man who needed to se the armor power off to avoid the attack..

No Caption Provided

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

@nick_hero22:

Well, that was an honest question since I´m not an expert about the whole predators universe..

I know he won´t be waiting for the bullets, I was just asking if he got this kind of personality, even then Bucky got what it takes to tag him, the bionic arm provides him enhanced reaction time on top of his marksmanship skills..

Ares possess superhuman dense tissue and durability, and 70 tons strength.. even then Bucky´ manage to wind him down with his handgun.. It´s not about penetrative demage but impact. I hardly believe Smiley can pass unfazed by it..

So the EMP should work just fine compromising most of his gear that seemed like a clear advantage at first look.. and Bucky can deal with melee weapons.. Bucky only used the EMP one time against Iron Man who needed to se the armor power off to avoid the attack..

No Caption Provided

I seriously doubt that Bucky would have an easy time tagging Smiley when he is very fast on foot along with being mostly covered with extremely durable plate armor that is highly resistant to munitions. Regardless if Ares has enhanced durability, that still doesn't change the fact that he is susceptible to bullets, and he got up a one panel later completely fine; its not like he was unconscious or incapacitated. Bucky would be killed by Smiley's bladed, they have shown to be able to cut through reinforced metals and layers of steel quite easily.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wasn't aware that Barnes had been given such a high tech Domino mask, but that's awesome. I definitely need to catch up on my Winter Soldier. My money is on Bucky, aside from his impressive feats shown above, he's also been able to catch arrows shot by Hawkeye while flipping in the air upside-down as part of "training." I think it would be a great fight, but I don't see Smiley getting through Winter Soldier.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HigorM  Moderator

@nick_hero22:

It´s not going to be easy but he can do it, his feats, marksmanship skills and enhanced reaction time with the bionic arm shows he can. The handgun will be used to put him down even if temporarily, it worked on a 70 toner godlike character, why shouldn´t work on Smiley? He is not more durable or stronger then Ares, I nerver said the handgun could knock him out permanently, but that would give Bucky an advantage against this enemy. As said before, it´s not about penetrative damage but impact, so doesn´t matter if his plate armor prevents him from a bullet, unless his plate armor is made of vibranium he will be knocked to the ground.. In a close combat Bucky can use the arm to emit the EMP and also eletrical discharges that also may work against the predator, not to mention Bucky is superior at H2H combat, I don´t doubt about the blade capacity, I doubt Smiley capacity to use it properly on Bucky..

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

@nick_hero22:

It´s not going to be easy but he can do it, his feats, marksmanship skills and enhanced reaction time with the bionic arm shows he can. The handgun will be used to put him down even if temporarily, it worked on a 70 toner godlike character, why shouldn´t work on Smiley? He is not more durable or stronger then Ares, I nerver said the handgun could knock him out permanently, but that would give Bucky an advantage against this enemy. As said before, it´s not about penetrative damage but impact, so doesn´t matter if his plate armor prevents him from a bullet, unless his plate armor is made of vibranium he will be knocked to the ground.. In a close combat Bucky can use the arm to emit the EMP and also eletrical discharges that also may work against the predator, not to mention Bucky is superior at H2H combat, I don´t doubt about the blade capacity, I doubt Smiley capacity to use it properly on Bucky..

1) Marksmanship is irrelevant because Smiley is more than fast enough to dodge or evade bullets from Bucky's modified handgun especially when there is plenty of forestry and vegetation to provide ample cover. Smiley's cloaking mesh in addition to the terrain that is specified in the OP, provides Smiley with the capabilities of getting the drop on Winter Soldier first. Winter Soldier has no prep in this gauntlet, so he has absolutely no reason to believe that he can't see whoever he is fighting until proven other-wise. One hit from either Smiley's Plasma Caster or melee weapons is enough to incapacitate Bucky or outright kill him depending on if it is a direct hit or not. Predators are extremely accurate with thrown weapons in addition to their Bio Helmets that provide them with a targeting system for their Plasma Casters and the ability to plot trajectories for thrown weapons.

2) How are you doubting Smiley's melee weaponry when they have been shown to have an exceptional degree of cutting power. In Predator: Cold War, a Predator was able to plunge its Smart Disc into a reinforced blast door and leave a large gaping hole. In Predator: Dark Water, a Predator was able to slice open the side of a tank with a hull composed of two inches of steel plating with a single slash from its Wrist Blades.

3) Again, Ares has no resistance to firearms, so I don't see how your comparison is really relevant here. Ares was stun due to the internal damage that the bullet caused from penetrating his head. Like I have said before, standard munitions are capable of harming Ares, so this isn't a sound comparison. The plate armor that Smiley wears is highly resistant to munitions, whereas Ares is susceptible to them if he is hit by them. And, he got up completely unfazed one panel later to top this all off. I have addressed my thoughts with the EMP, and even if it does work, Bucky still has to worry about Smiley melee weapons in close combat.