Smartest man on Marvel Earth?

• 147 results
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I still lean towards Doom for the most part(in large due to his mastery of sorcery in addition to being top of the line in damn near everything else apart from martial-arts and humility).

AllaithAlsaleh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed than Doom, Stark And Professor X.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Modok

Sage

The Leader

should at least get mentioned.

marvelfan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom & Reed

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed Richards..

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodagod: I have seen those scans and I'm calling BS. I feel like the current writers are just trying to give Bruce some of the smart spotlight instead of Tony. I won't be convinced otherwise until I see some feats. Talk is cheap.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Reed

Doom

Pym

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By XiiX
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Banner's also outwitted The Intelligencia.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Noone301994
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: Yeah, reverting Doom to an idiot is a pretty big deal.

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodagod said:

Officially Peter Parker has the same measured IQ as Tony Stark 270, which is the same as Reed pre-cosmic rays in a few alt universes. Reed's official was never mentioned in 616. Of course post cosmic rays it was boosted, and he can boost it further with his ability by increasing surface area on his brain and shortening neural connections to speed his processing. Of all the officially measured on panel comic characters, Bruce Banner is the highest non-enhanced intellect. His IQ was immeasurable. Reed himself considers Banner second only to himself.

Banner's lab impresses everybody.

Banner punks Tony.

Immeasurable intelligence. There are an awful lot of extremely high level intellects being forgotten here. Leader, Mad Thinker, Hank Pym, Henry McCoy, Valeria Richards, Kitty Pride, and many, many more.

I'd say this His recent showings also suggest he can keep up with everyone else

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Noone301994

@xiix: Ehh it's alright. I don't see how that feat makes him smarter than Tony.

Doom actually admits that Stark is a genius. Can you count how many people he has acknowledged as being a genius (not counting himself)?
Doom actually admits that Stark is a genius. Can you count how many people he has acknowledged as being a genius (not counting himself)?
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

EDIT: Banner wasn't the one that made Doom stupid. The Leader and MODOK were the ones that did it. Banner just knew about it. Knowing about a plan isn't impressive at all whatsoever.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By XiiX

@noone301994: 1st scan Doom admitted he must be a genius, which isn't anything special considering the company we're talking about. 2nd scan is impressive. 3rd scan could be applied to Banner as well. The 4th, I'm not sure how that's meant to pertain to anything out of Banner's league. The 5th is touting him as a hybrid of man and machine. What about it?

All things considered, they don't match up(in my opinion) to outsmarting a conglomerate of the most capable evil-geniuses on the planet, defeating Dr. Doom so utterly he's reduced to dumb, and lastly...........making Tony Stark feel insecure about his own intelligence.

2/3rds of the instances in favor of Banner are actual feats, and the one that's idle-talk specifically references Tony feeling inferior.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@xiix said:

I still lean towards Doom for the most part(in large due to his mastery of sorcery in addition to being top of the line in damn near everything else apart from martial-arts and humility).

Victor's admitted to being inferior to Reed in terms of intelligence though IIRC.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I wouldn't be surprised, and he very well may be where Reed excels. But in my opinion Doom having mastery over the arcane makes him more evenly rounded.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Noone301994

@xiix said:

@noone301994: 1st scan Doom admitted he must be a genius, which isn't anything special considering the company we're talking about. 2nd scan is impressive. 3rd scan could be applied to Banner as well. The 4th, I'm not sure how that's meant to pertain to anything out of Banner's league. The 5th is touting him as a hybrid of man and machine. What about it?

All things considered, they don't match up(in my opinion) to outsmarting a conglomerate of the most capable evil-geniuses on the planet, defeating Dr. Doom so utterly he's reduced to dumb, and lastly...........making Tony Stark feel insecure about his own intelligence.

Yeah but the point was that Doom is too proud to ever admit that anyone is a genius. For him to think that about Tony is impressive IMO. The 4th is supposed to pertain to Banner because most think that Pym is smarter than both Bruce and Tony. He ends up outsmarting the High Evolutionary who is considered in a league of his own in intelligence. He's a mid level cosmic being:

No Caption Provided

Just like Thanos and he had nothing but nice things to say about Tony:

No Caption Provided

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By XiiX

@noone301994: No one is saying Tony isn't impressive, or a top contender, but two of Banner's examples that I've given resulted in the defeat of his opponents(not merely a set-back as it seemingly was there with High-Evoluntionary. Also he was caught unaware, which while still impressive and arguably a feat in and of itself, isn't the same as engaging in active conflict against a fully ready opponent).

No Caption Provided

Then of course there's this. Not only is it more recent, but it's Thanos admitting his admiration of Doom's intelligence in particular(whereas with Tony he literally references him "blundering into his plans" and vaguely "coming far too close to stopping him", again, the circumstances of that are vague).

Tony may have shut-down Doom's armor. Bruce shut down Doom's mind. You tell me which is more impressive, haha.

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dark schneider

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@yodagod: Been a long time since I looked at the list.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix :

I just don't see how those two feats put him above Tony. Sure they are impressive but I showed you Iron Man beating Doom too. Like I said it's not that big of a deal. I don't think it puts him above Tony because he has similar feats against Doom where it also shows him outdoing Doom and showcases his genius. You can argue who did it better or which took more brains but at the end of the day it still wouldn't be enough to prove he is above Tony.

Right, if you check my list you will see that I put Reed first, Doom second, and Tony third. I know Doom is smarter. For Thanos to say that about Tony though is really impressive. Out of all the geniuses for Thanos to worry about screwing up his plans he thinks of Tony.

All I'm saying is that Tony has more feats like that than Banner does and I stand by my statement that current writers are just trying to give Banner some of the 'intelligent spotlight' for once and making up stuff that he never did in his classic days. He has some impressive intelligence feats, there have been characters that admit he's "super smart!" and they even show him outsmarting and intimidating (what a joke) smart avengers but did he ever have any intelligence feats like that in the classic comics? When the Hulk/Banner was created I don't think it was intended for him to be second to Richards in intelligence do you?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By comic_book_fan

reed then doom then>>>>>> tony pym and banner.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@floopay said:

@yodagod: Been a long time since I looked at the list.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Current list looks like so IIRC.

1. Reed Richards.

2. Doctor Doom.

3. Hank Pym

4. Bruce Banner.

5. Tony Stark.

6. Beast.

7. Amadeus Cho.

8. Black Panther.(T'Challa)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The High Evolutionary is much smarter than most of the people in "the top 8 smartest".

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

All the characters listed are highly intelligent. How would you gauge their intelligence when the have different expertise in different field. Take Reed Richard for example he is well versed in every scientific field know to earth but he may not be better then other people in some of the field that he has knowledge for example Magneto is a much more better geneticist then Reed Richards he has created mutant in the past given people powers Reed also once stated that Doctor Octopus has a much more greater expertise in radiation. I would say that Doctor Doom is smarter because he shown that he smart is other area that is not science such has fighting, music, art, war, politics, greater people skills(he very charming) and of course magic.

ForneverStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom or richards

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Luke Cage.

Anyone who disagrees is a racist.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Fine by me

#whitetrashyoloswag

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: lol, I have brown hair, so you're half right.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a chess match is give it too Black Panther assuming he knows how to play and has the ability to use his strategic mind just as effectively in the game.

Basically I'm saying the best tactician/plan prepper is T'challa I mean he outprepped Tony once before and in the Invincible Iron Man: 5 Nightmares story arc Tony proved he had a better tacticle/strategic mind than reed when they played chess (he left Reed wondering how he made a few moves that got him in check on all 5 of the game boards they where playing on)

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08:

Banner's always been above Pym. He's the highest unaugmented mind in Marvel. He may not have as many feats as some, but he has probably the most varied feats across the widest range of fields. Pym and Tony trade back and forth. They both have tons of feats, but they're all variations on the same thing. Everything Hank's done incorporates Pym Particles in some way (except Ultron which was a huge screw up, wasn't even the first fully functioning AI in Marvel, and was done terribly irresponsibly and handled completely wrong and should count against him as much as for him) and Tony is mostly things adapted from his work on his suits. Whether it's weaponry, energy sources, etc... they all started with his suits, yet he still can't protect his tech from the simplest attacks i.e. EMP's, hacking, stealing, etc.... . T'challa is pretty definitively above Cho. According to Reed Cho dropped to 9th. I would guess that's a result of Spidey's recent intellectual push. He's always been stated as being in Tony and Reed's league. I can give you scans that match he, Tony, and Reed for IQ at 270 each (below Banner incidentally). But of course the problem with Pete is lack of feats. He has a few, but... And that isn't counting villains. Reed never counts villains, so technically Doom doesn't make the list. If he did count them Doom, Mad Thinker, Leader, and maybe Magneto would rank as well. Not to mention that there's been a fair amount of talk about how Valeria is even smarter than Reed at his augmented levels. And she's only about three. She'll be impressive when she grows up.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where would thanos rank alongside the great minds?

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94:

Well above them all. Aliens don't count either. :P

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodagod said:

@jay_z94:

Well above them all. Aliens don't count either. :P

fair enough, i was wondering why no one mentioned thanos lol

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

In a chess match Tony or T'Challa would likely win

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richards.

Avatar image for hulkworldbreakeroftheworld
hulkworldbreakeroftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was a game of chess who wins out of them all?

antiwhipped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chess is too simple a game for most of them, based on feats. It should be stalemates everywhere since there's only so many moves in chess. If anything professor x loses because he's just not as much of a mental genius as the rest. So who -could- lose in the chess part?

Professor X,

Magneto,

MAYBE T'Challa, since I don't think prep and strategy would work against people who could calculate every single move.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was a game of chess who wins out of them all?

Chess is too simple a game for most of them, based on feats. It should be stalemates everywhere since there's only so many moves in chess. If anything professor x loses because he's just not as much of a mental genius as the rest. So who -could- lose in the chess part?

Professor X,

Magneto,

MAYBE T'Challa, since I don't think prep and strategy would work against people who could calculate every single move.

Tony would beat them all. That doesn't mean he's smarter than all of them, but he's really good at chess. He once put Reed Richards in check on 6 boards at once. He's beaten Richards at least twice in chess. Richards has beaten Doom in chess consistently. With all of that in mind, Richards is the smartest on Marvel Earth with Doom next.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

In chess I think top 5 would be:

1. - Stark

2. - Reed

3. - Doom

4. - Magneto

5. - Xavier

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's lots of variation given the level of these guys, but my guess would be something like:

In chess:

Doom>Tony>Reed>Everyone else

General Smarts

Doom>Reed>>Tony>=Banner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Captain America when he decided to study everything to maximum potential.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Doctor appears out of nowhere and simultaneously stomps all of them.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers