• 136 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3592 posts) - - Show Bio

In a Chess match, the Ultimate IQ test, and a straight up fight with the other contestants using strategy to win, who would be the smartest man on marvel earth?
 
 Contestants (add your own if you prefer):
 
Victor Von Doom (Doctor Doom)
Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic)
Henry "Hank" Pym (Ant-man)
Anthony Edward "Tony" Stark (Iron man)
Max Eisenhardt, also known as Erik Lehnsherr (Magnus or Magneto)
Charles Francis Xavier (Professor X)
Amadeus Cho (Mastermind Excello)
T'Challa (Black Panther)
Bruce Banner (Hulk)

#2 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio

It's between Doom and Reed,its close Reed might have an edge with all his science devices but I give it to Doom cos he doesn't depend on superpowers and knows Sorcery 
High Evolutionary might be a the top but he's not really a man anymore he's almost abstract with the stuff he does
 
Ironman takes 3rd after Doom and Reed
 
The rest are smart but next to the top 3 nothing

#3 Posted by Prince CortSether (2301 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed Richards
 
then Doom.

#4 Posted by Alternaut (484 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom was lobotomized. He's lost a significant amount of his intelligence. After Millar's run I would have said he was the smartest, but currently he should be lower on the list 
 
I'd say Reed is the smartest on that list. Though she doesn't really have any real feats to put her above Reed, Valeria is sometimes considered to be more clever than her father [I remember that she did some sort of equation that would have taken him weeks or something, but that's word of mouth].  
 
Henry may not be the smartest but he's by far the most creative and imaginative. Tony Stark is primarily an engineer, his genius rarely reaches outside of that field. Charles Xavier is brilliant, but he's not on any of these guy's level, I'd say that Magneto is above him, especially when it comes to engineering [Magneto's managed to create some really impressive machinery]. Bruce Banner is probably somewhere near Henry and Tony, toward the top of the list. T'Challa would probably be above Charles and Magneto...yeah.

#5 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alternaut said:
"  Tony Stark is primarily an engineer, his genius rarely reaches outside of that field.  "
I disagree, he's a linguist, multi-linguist , you can drop him in Asia with no tech translator he still knows the languages. He's a business man, probably has had more money flow through his fingers than Reed, Xavier or Doom ever did. He's a team leader, knows how to influence politicians, military of the world etc and social player, it takes skill to be able to talk that good to women....Reed has no social skills at all, can't even relate to his own wife. But yes his number 1 field is engineering, but he does have lots of other skills.
but if it comes to science feats Reed would totally beat Tony
#6 Posted by Alternaut (484 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaiyan said:
" @Alternaut said:
"  Tony Stark is primarily an engineer, his genius rarely reaches outside of that field.  "
I disagree, he's a linguist, multi-linguist , you can drop him in Asia with no tech translator he still knows the languages. He's a business man, probably has had more money flow through his fingers than Reed, Xavier or Doom ever did. He's a team leader, knows how to influence politicians, military of the world etc and social player, it takes skill to be able to talk that good to women....Reed has no social skills at all, can't even relate to his own wife. But yes his number 1 field is engineering, but he does have lots of other skills. but if it comes to science feats Reed would totally beat Tony "
I said primarily. Money and business doesn't really pertain to his intelligence, especially since most of it was [at first] inherited and the most of the money he's gained back has come from his engineering. His being a team leader and most of the other stuff you mentioned has little to nothing to do with his genius. In fact...most of the other stuff you mentioned he's not even a genius in or are actual fields to be considered a genius in. 
 
Tony is an engineer, he builds machines and weaponry and that's pretty much it. Reed is pretty much a genius in multiple fields from engineering to most [if not all] physics. 
#7 Posted by Noelieboats (62 posts) - - Show Bio

How does intuitive engineering work into this cause Forge basically builds anything he can think of. In the Ultimate X-Men series they just depict him as a genius who can build anything he wants using only whats available to him. Maybe cause it's a mutation it doesn't count I just thought he was worth a mention.

#8 Posted by Billy Batson (57914 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom or Richards

#9 Edited by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

While the question being asked by the OP is interesting it is in someways trying to compare different qualities of intelligence that can not directly compared to one another. For instance if we are to trying to account for the different types of intelligence that the characters in question have (technological, political, social, physical, mathematical,strategical, biological, occult, and martial), depending on what you are trying to measure you will come up with a completely different answer for who is the smartest.  For instance if we are looking at occult smarts only Doom would be the winner without contest, or if we are looking at the ability to efficiently process and coordinate with one's own mind than Amadeus will win, or we are talking about martial intelligence T'Challa will probably be the most adept among the group of nominees.

#10 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is inteligent enough to know that magic is a great weapon.
 
So:
 
1.Doom
2.Reed
3.Tony. But I would place High Evolutionary over Iron Man if he would be part of this.

#11 Edited by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alternaut said:

" @Zaiyan said:

" @Alternaut said:

"  Tony Stark is primarily an engineer, his genius rarely reaches outside of that field.  "

I disagree, he's a linguist, multi-linguist , you can drop him in Asia with no tech translator he still knows the languages. He's a business man, probably has had more money flow through his fingers than Reed, Xavier or Doom ever did. He's a team leader, knows how to influence politicians, military of the world etc and social player, it takes skill to be able to talk that good to women....Reed has no social skills at all, can't even relate to his own wife. But yes his number 1 field is engineering, but he does have lots of other skills. but if it comes to science feats Reed would totally beat Tony "
I said primarily. Money and business doesn't really pertain to his intelligence, especially since most of it was [at first] inherited and the most of the money he's gained back has come from his engineering. His being a team leader and most of the other stuff you mentioned has little to nothing to do with his genius. In fact...most of the other stuff you mentioned he's not even a genius in or are actual fields to be considered a genius in.  Tony is an engineer, he builds machines and weaponry and that's pretty much it. Reed is pretty much a genius in multiple fields from engineering to most [if not all] physics.  "
Dude I would disagree because I think it takes great intelligence to keep business growing and keep wealthy, 
 Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet are not scientists but are all very intelligent in their own ways ... Stark has been destroyed and been smart enough to build himself back from nothing so many times  
Reeds weakness is that he's dumb when it comes to people and to stubborn or narrow minded with magic...he's mostly a man of logic and science and refuses to accept magic as part of the Marvel universe
Reed might be the best at science but he's a poor all rounder
That's why I always say Doom trumps Reed
 
 T'Challa  and Cap, very intelligent strategists in classic art of war
Batman he's an all rounder plus he does that Sherlock Holmes stuff, very few could match him in investigative police work
 
Classic Dr Strange should also be in the top 10 of intelligence, he might be little of science compared to Reed but he knows every magic spell, all mystic arts and knows every sorcery book on Earth 
He could match almost anything Reed does but its with a magic word instead of a science device
 
Strange is in the top ten
#12 Posted by Argantyr (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but Dr. Strange was a surgeon before he became a magician.

#13 Edited by Cypher's Gambit (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

 
Contestants (add your own if you prefer):
 
Victor Von Doom (Doctor Doom) 1st place
Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) 5th place
Henry "Hank" Pym (Ant-man) 6th place
Anthony Edward "Tony" Stark (Iron man)  4th place
Max Eisenhardt, also known as Erik Lehnsherr (Magnus or Magneto)   3rd place
Charles Francis Xavier (Professor X) 2nd place
Amadeus Cho (Mastermind Excello) 7th place
T'Challa (Black Panther) 8th place
Bruce Banner (Hulk) 9th place
 
 

  
Frankly Bruce and Reed are good at certain things, but tactical strategy is not their strong points. I'm pretty sure Stark beat Reed before anyway.
 
 
#14 Posted by PowerHerc (82744 posts) - - Show Bio

The Smartes man on Marvel Earth is Reed Richards.  Dr. Doom is a close second.
#15 Posted by Manchine (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
"The Smartes man on Marvel Earth is Reed Richards.  Dr. Doom is a close second. "
#16 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1 said:
" @Supermanwithatan01 said:
" In a Chess match
Would be down to Doom and T'Challa - the two best tacticians here

 the Ultimate IQ test,
between Doom and Reed ( doctortates in the widest number of fields)

 a straight up fight with the other contestants using strategy to win
Without CIS Doom should win the majority, hte only one who might take him more than a couple out of 10 (tactically) is T'Challa. "
This
#17 Posted by Sammkolai (270 posts) - - Show Bio

Richards.

#18 Posted by ripcurl (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Xavier get to use telepathy? I mean it is a mental ability after all... 
If so, Prof. X wins the chess match and the fight, but Reed Richards still tops the IQ list.
#19 Posted by Jake Fury (18319 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Mccoy was top 8 during the Fall Of The Hulks.
#20 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Reed say that Stark has an almost immeasurable amount of intelligence?

#21 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:

"  
Erik Lehnsherr (Magnus or Magneto)   3rd place

 
 
"
. Ironman is better

 
@Cypher's Gambit said:

"   Frankly Bruce and Reed are good at certain things, but tactical strategy is not their strong points. I'm pretty sure Stark beat Reed before anyway.

 
 
"


 
. Overall I'd give it to Reed cos he has more science feats
 
but Yes 
there are times Stark can beat him
 
#22 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaiyan:  wow tony beat richard in chess, with a check everywhere, and reed doesn't know how, that is by far the most impressive intellegence feat I ever seen.
 
and btw, why the hell do tony and richard look black at some points in your scans, and white in other points.
#23 Posted by MrBigBalls (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed Richards

#24 Posted by tensor (4095 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah marvel says reed i  but overall i think it should go to doom 

#25 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio
@rapest_of_super_heros said:
" @Zaiyan:   and btw, why the hell do tony and richard look black at some points in your scans, and white in other points. "
I think its a small artistic fudge, LIGHTING, its important in tv, on music stages and in comic books....when u put a white dude in front of a bright lamp or light bulb they look SNOW white, when you put a white dude in the corner of a shadowy room, the look latino or black...I think the artists wanted to make the computer screens and electronic chess table the light sources, closer you are the brighter your face
far away your character won't look as white
 
The artist just needed to work more on coloring and visually describe the room's light sources a little better
#26 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaiyan:  all I am hearing is  "artist..." and "fail".
#27 Posted by TheThe (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

McCoy,Richards,Stark & T'challa.

#28 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine said:
" @PowerHerc said:
"The Smartes man on Marvel Earth is Reed Richards.  Dr. Doom is a close second. "
"
#29 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

shouldn't Dr. Nemesis, the man with a self-evolving intellect, be on this list? not saying he tops it but should be a notable mention as well as Prodigy.

#30 Posted by Hero1921 (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Reed then Doom. I have never see Doom lose to anyone with the exception of Reed or a team of heroes.

#31 Posted by Caninoferalis (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is everyone counting out Professor X? Let's not forget that this is a man who can not only read but influence the thoughts of people. Even if he went up against a superior chess player, he would still be able to make that person play like a jackass! Professor X takes this one easily 
 
#32 Posted by YoungThriller (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank pym was selected as the smartest man on earth from somebody.He's like the sorcerers supreme but in the field of science.

#33 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto also was said to have built tech that would make Reed envious.  Where is Beast?  Also people let's not down play that Ant Man is Scientist Supreme in Marvel

#34 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaiyan: Seems like in that scan, Tony used the conversation as a distraction weapon on Reed who likes to dissect everything.  Tony was more cunning in that situation but he is still not smarter then him entirely.
#35 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

the leader.. if he was still alive 

#36 Edited by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed will win... maybe Tony

#37 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed with Doom a close second.
#38 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaiyan said:
@Cypher's Gambit said:

"  
Erik Lehnsherr (Magnus or Magneto)   3rd place

 
 
"
. Ironman is better

 
@Cypher's Gambit said:

"   Frankly Bruce and Reed are good at certain things, but tactical strategy is not their strong points. I'm pretty sure Stark beat Reed before anyway.

 
 
"


 
. Overall I'd give it to Reed cos he has more science feats
 
but Yes 
there are times Stark can beat him
 
Reed has gotten quite the tan...
#39 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

As stated before on this thread, its between Reed & Doom. with Reed winning out by a hair.

#40 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that was Reed? I think Spider-man deserves mentioning at least.

#41 Posted by dboyrules2011 (12616 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#42 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Beast? Or Dr.Nemesis?
#43 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
I thought that was Reed? I think Spider-man deserves mentioning at least.
He did disarm that bomb in big time when reed or stark couldn't... 
But hes just more creative. Reed, Stark and Doom got this.
#44 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus: Well he's been mentioned now lol.
#45 Posted by progenitor (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

#46 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212 said:
Magneto also was said to have built tech that would make Reed envious.  Where is Beast?  Also people let's not down play that Ant Man is Scientist Supreme in Marvel
You're endorsing a wife beater? shame on you... 
 
@cascadeking09 said:
I thought that was Reed? I think Spider-man deserves mentioning at least.
Black Panther and Magneto should be here before him. sorry..
#47 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr nemesis has a shot.

#48 Posted by Blob (576 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it's- 
1. Reed Richards 
2. Dr. Doom 
3. Tony Stark 
4. Hank Pym 
5. Bruce Banner

#49 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya Dr.Nemesis made a great device for Legion, a wristband of sorts that allows him access to the powers of his personas without losing his mind. Quite epic.
#50 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed. Doom admitted that Reed was smarter than he is.