4 Rounds
Round 1 - Random Encounter
Round 2 - Impulse gets 1 day Prep
Round 3 - Flash gets 1 day prep
Round 4 - Both speedsters get 1 day prep

- Win by K.O.
- Each begins during the day time
- Battles are set in a generic, uninhabited city
- No BFR (if it's applicable for either of them)

P.s I have the feeling that Impulse will probably win this considering he moves faster than Clark and apparently Flash doesn't, so feel free to explain a scenario that would even up the odds if I'm right about that

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

1 bart

2 bart

3 barry

4 barry

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I don't suppose anybody else is going to contribute to this..

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By uugieboogie

1 bart

2 bart

3 barry

4 barry

What combat feats did Bart even have though? He ran from Clark & got captured by Lex... I don't really remember him doing anything else.

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Well, I'd assume he's a capable fighter since he can move faster than Clark, adding to his striking strength

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bart all rounds

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why use a guy who has no combat feats in a battle??? Baby-faced Barry wins by default.

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bart runs circles around Barry. Impulse was faster than Superman by running backwards then immediately left him in the dust.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bart leaves Barry in the dust.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wardemon32

Bart shows him what speed truly is and God stomps

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Combat feats for bart?

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jimmy_Rustler
@nighthunder said:

Combat feats for bart?

Exactly.

@jacthripper said:

Bart all rounds

@saint_sophie said:

Bart leaves Barry in the dust.

But he can't fight so what good is being faster then you're opponent when you haven't proven that you know how to throw a punch at them?

@wardemon32 said:

Bart shows him what speed truly is and God stomps

It really astounds me how you can criticize users on this site for having some of the most illogical opinions and then write sh*t like this. It's a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black. Bart can't fight so how does he win on speed superiority alone? This is a fight, not a foot race ppl..

@ultinuc said:

@uugieboogie: Well, I'd assume he's a capable fighter since he can move faster than Clark, adding to his striking strength

Exactly how fast was Clark stated to be at that point in the show? And how fast was Bart stated to be for that matter?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmy_rustler:

It really astounds me how you can criticize users on this site for having some of the most illogical opinions and then write sh*t like this. It's a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black. Bart can't fight so how does he win on speed superiority alone? This is a fight, not a foot race ppl..

Oh almighty God please tell me where I was wrong in that entire post!? Oh high and mighty computer wizard can you please tell how Barry wins a fight with an opponent so fast that he can't even percieve him! Please tell me how Barry can fight if he has lost nearly all of his matches! OH GOD PLEASE!

Lmao, you people are idiots.

RS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry endured plank temp & absolute 0. Don't know if that helps him.

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh almighty God please tell me where I was wrong in that entire post!? Oh high and mighty computer wizard can you please tell how Barry wins a fight with an opponent so fast that he can't even percieve him! Please tell me how Barry can fight if he has lost nearly all of his matches! OH GOD PLEASE!

Because he outrun electricity! (it doesn't matter if in the last episode he couldn't outrun a missile...) The answer is always him outrunning electricity!

Also he can tank planck temperature! (around 1.42 x 10e32 K!)

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@parallax_hal_jordan:

Besides teh fact that Cold Gun negated that and that we don't know how fast that electricity went, how does that prove that he can fight?

RS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RS3

@wardemon32: I think the middle part of his body wasn't feeling it, but his left and right shoulders were lol.

Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rs5 said:

Barry endured plank temp & absolute 0. Don't know if that helps him.

I was ok with every scientific "fact" they used in the show (even slow as dirt electricity) until the Planck temp....it's so fkng hot that the atmosphere would've turned into plasma and wiped out the entire human race (along with every living organism and water) and he tanked that with only a small burns in his costume...wth!?

Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32 said:

Besides teh fact that Cold Gun negated that and that we don't know how fast that electricity went, how does that prove that he can fight?

Yes,internet is a b**ch and i should've put "/sarcasm off" at the end lol!

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Bart for R1 and 2. He was faster than Clark who I think is faster than Barry.

Barry wins rest 2 rounds though. He can prep better with help of his team.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jimmy_Rustler

@wardemon32 said:

@jimmy_rustler:

Oh almighty God please tell me where I was wrong in that entire post!?

Oh high and mighty computer wizard

No Caption Provided

can you please tell how Barry wins a fight with an opponent so fast that he can't even percieve him!

That's why I asked how fast Bart was stated to be on the show. Try countering in lieu of being condescending. Again, what good does it do to have a speed advantage if you don't know how to throw a punch. We know that Barry knows how to throw a punch bc we've actually 'seen' him do it. In contrast, we've never seen Bart throw a punch so we shouldn't just assume that he can when just bc he's based off a version who actually can throw one. The bottom line is that a char. who has 0 combat feats shouldn't be matched up with chars. who do regardless of any type of statistical advantage that they may have on their opponent. If it really is true that Bart is faster than Barry then all that means is that it's a stalemate bc Barry won't be able to land a blow on Bart while Bart won't be able to land a blow on Barry bc HE CAN'T FIGHT.

Please tell me how Barry can fight if he has lost nearly all of his matches! OH GOD PLEASE!

What's your point? The current trend has been that Barry loses his first fight against the Big Bad of the week due to being too head strong or unprepared. Then his crack lab team shows him where he went wrong which then results in rematch win for him. Barry basically loses to plot every episode. Nice try at low-balling though lol. Besides, Bart would also lose to Barry's rogues and keep on losing bc HE CAN'T FIGHT.

And so if we're all idiots then that makes you what? Smarter than we are? Yeah-no. I don't understand why you think that responding to me or any other user here in that manner is appropriate especially when doing so breaks one of the rules. Sure I called you out for your hypocritical statement that you made in another thread but when you declare that CV has the biggest, most illogical nerds (paraphrasing), what kind of feedback do you expect to get? Honestly? It's almost like you're going out of your way to get ppl on this site to dislike and if that's your goal then you're doing a stand-up job so far. I never called you out of your name so don't call me out of mine, ever. Period.

Oh and I will be flagging your post and tagging in mods for the insult so you should probably think about about omitting, "..., you people are idiots".

@god_spawn@saren@jedixman@vance_astro

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry's team couldn't beat Reverse Flash even with prep. Bart should win all rounds.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry's team couldn't beat Reverse Flash even with prep. Bart should win all rounds.

Bu- But how??? All we know about Bart is that he can run fast, that's it. That's literally all we have to go on. The only way this favors Bart is if his season 11 (canon comic continuation) feats are included bc in the books he does fight ppl. But then if the comic feats apply it wouldn't be fair for Barry. I don't quite get why there are so many of siding with a combat-shy speedster just bc he may be faster. That logic is nonsensical. That's like saying that Usain Bolt would beat Floyd Mayweather in a fight just bc he's got quicker foot speed. Or like saying that Gold-medalist high jumper could beat LeBron James in a game of basketball just bc he can jump higher. That's simply ridiculous lol. Either Barry wins by default since he can actually defend himself or it's a stalemate (if Bart truly is faster that is).

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok first question would be, do we use feats for just the show Smallville, or season 11 also? Because that might affect the answer.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok first question would be, do we use feats for just the show Smallville, or season 11 also? Because that might affect the answer.

I can't see Bart winning without those feats.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RandomSid82

@jimmy_rustler said:

@randomsid said:

Honestly, I don't either. I mean, he could cause a stalemate by simply staying away from Flash, but he couldn't actually win without Season 11. Although, he did tap into the speed force once on the show before season 11.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmy_rustler said:

@randomsid said:

Honestly, I don't either. I mean, he could cause a stalemate by simply staying away from Flash, but he couldn't actually win without Season 11.

My sentiments exactly.

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deathsdoor726
RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid said:

@jimmy_rustler said:

@randomsid said:

Honestly, I don't either. I mean, he could cause a stalemate by simply staying away from Flash, but he couldn't actually win without Season 11.

My sentiments exactly.

I do seem to remember him knocking out a few people on the show, but it was just some street thugs and I'll have to try to find and watch it again to be sure it was him and not Clark.

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32 said:

@jimmy_rustler:

Oh almighty God please tell me where I was wrong in that entire post!?

Oh high and mighty computer wizard

No Caption Provided

can you please tell how Barry wins a fight with an opponent so fast that he can't even percieve him!

That's why I asked how fast Bart was stated to be on the show. Try countering in lieu of being condescending. Again, what good does it do to have a speed advantage if you don't know how to throw a punch. We know that Barry knows how to throw a punch bc we've actually 'seen' him do it. In contrast, we've never seen Bart throw a punch so we shouldn't just assume that he can when just bc he's based off a version who actually can throw one. The bottom line is that a char. who has 0 combat feats shouldn't be matched up with chars. who do regardless of any type of statistical advantage that they may have on their opponent. If it really is true that Bart is faster than Barry then all that means is that it's a stalemate bc Barry won't be able to land a blow on Bart while Bart won't be able to land a blow on Barry bc HE CAN'T FIGHT.

Please tell me how Barry can fight if he has lost nearly all of his matches! OH GOD PLEASE!

What's your point? The current trend has been that Barry loses his first fight against the Big Bad of the week due to being too head strong or unprepared. Then his crack lab team shows him where he went wrong which then results in rematch win for him. Barry basically loses to plot every episode. Nice try at low-balling though lol. Besides, Bart would also lose to Barry's rogues and keep on losing bc HE CAN'T FIGHT.

And so if we're all idiots then that makes you what? Smarter than we are? Yeah-no. I don't understand why you think that responding to me or any other user here in that manner is appropriate especially when doing so breaks one of the rules. Sure I called you out for your hypocritical statement that you made in another thread but when you declare that CV has the biggest, most illogical nerds (paraphrasing), what kind of feedback do you expect to get? Honestly? It's almost like you're going out of your way to get ppl on this site to dislike and if that's your goal then you're doing a stand-up job so far. I never called you out of your name so don't call me out of mine, ever. Period.

Oh and I will be flagging your post and tagging in mods for the insult so you should probably think about about omitting, "..., you people are idiots".

@god_spawn@saren@jedixman@vance_astro

Guys chill sweet christ....

Btw Jimmie rustler? LMFAO HILARIOUS you earned a follow sir

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmy_rustler: What feats do you want? Only thing Barry has really done for combat is randomly hit people, he has no combat feats either then just hitting people randomly. Are you saying that Bart can't hit him back without feats? Like unless he has a feat, he can't punch?

I take Bart all rounds because he can actually go fast enough to stop time.

RS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@parallax_hal_jordan:

What if the heatgun self contain the plank temperature? The core of the fire is plank, but the surface of it is just hot as a mofo.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Round 1 - Bart

Round 2 - Bart

Round 3 - Barry

Round 4 - Barry

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jimmy_Rustler

@sirneko said:

@jimmy_rustler: What feats do you want?

Any feat that involves Bart balling up his fists and using them to inflict pain on someone...anyone.

Only thing Barry has really done for combat is randomly hit people, he has no combat feats either then just hitting people randomly.

Eh, still better than having no combat feats to speak of.

Are you saying that Bart can't hit him back without feats? Like unless he has a feat, he can't punch?

Yes that's exactly what I'm playing at. Before migrating to this site, I did brief stints on KMC forums, Movielounge, Animevice, and CBR forums and what I learned on all of their battle forums is that speculation has no place in a debate. That's to say that we can't just assume that Bart knows how to fight just bc he's Impulse or just bc he's a superhero. If he doesn't have any combat feats on the show then, within the context of this battle, HE CAN'T FIGHT. I mean, it's really not that hard of a notion to grasp once all of the Smallville fanboys & girls are willing to set their bias aside to think logically and objectively.

I take Bart all rounds because he can actually go fast enough to stop time.

So? Barry has has performed speed feats where everyone around him looks like they're moving at a snail's pace. So even if Bart is faster, he's not that much faster and who cares if he's faster if he doesn't know how to win with it? And maybe you can tell me since none of the other ppl siding with Barry will (probably bc they don't know the answer and leaning on nostalgic fanboyism is more convenient) but what were the in-show calcs given for Bart's speed? We know how fast Barry is currently at mach 1.1 but how fast is Bart?

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmy_rustler: They didn't exactly give calcs for his speed in the show, but he did actually enter the speed force once in the show...So that puts him at FTL speeds when going all out.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SirNeko

@jimmy_rustler:

Also I am not basing on Nostalgia, I have never seen a full episode of Smallville. It took me like 6 years to understand that it's a Sueprman show. I always thought it was a rip-off of Superman. I was a stupid kid. I have seen some half episodes on TV and clips of Bart on Youtube.

I just think Bart wins because I don't think everything needs feats. Like I don't think Barry needs feats to IMP because it's just running in Light Speed and punching, all there is to it, just because he hasn't done it doesn't mean he can't do it. Just because Bart hasn't fought, doesn't mean he can't fight. That's just me.

Bart easily crossed water without thinking. Barry needed some hard core math and preparation to run on water. Barry is an idiot. The show kinda downplays Flash too much. He is fast by just running, but every time he goes to battle he kinda just looses all his speed. I mean he could take down Heatwave and Cold before they could react, considering he has ran faster than people can react in the show, instead he makes up a random strategy against them.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmy_rustler: They didn't exactly give calcs for his speed in the show, but he did actually enter the speed force once in the show...So that puts him at FTL speeds when going all out.

Yeah that's true. So unless Barry gets in a lucky punch (sorta like Ollie did during their fight in the crossover ep.), this is a stalemate just like I've been sayin'. Any way you look at this, Bart can't win without combat feats.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid said:

Yeah that's true. So unless Barry gets in a lucky punch (sorta like Ollie did during their fight in the crossover ep.), this is a stalemate just like I've been sayin'. Any way you look at this, Bart can't win without combat feats.

Yeah, I have all 10 seasons of Smallville on DVD, so I'm trying to find the scene I remembered but not easy when I can't even remember which season, much less episode it was in lol. If I find it, I'll post it though.

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Baztet
Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko said:

@jimmy_rustler:

Bart easily crossed water without thinking. Barry needed some hard core math and preparation to run on water. Barry is an idiot. The show kinda downplays Flash too much. He is fast by just running, but every time he goes to battle he kinda just looses all his speed. I mean he could take down Heatwave and Cold before they could react, considering he has ran faster than people can react in the show, instead he makes up a random strategy against them.

On the show, Barry is characterized as being headstrong which can be confused with stupidity. He's not really dumb, just stubborn and inexperienced with his power. Plus there's the matter of plot; if Barry used his power efficiently against all of his foes then there would be no show lol. The same thing could be said about The Flash in comics. He could probably just Speed-Force dump most of his rogues before they could even react as soon as the fighting starts so why doesn't he? Because that would boring, he'd sale no comics, and there'd be no widely successful North American adaptation for television.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RandomSid82

@jimmy_rustler: I can't seem to find the scene I'm looking for....but there is the very first time we see him on Smallville. He isn't punching, but he does grab and move Jonathan Kent out of the way of a truck effortlessly, with about a 15 foot throw. I know striking strength does not equal lifting strength, but anyone that can move someone that outweighs them would have to be able to at least throw a decent punch. We also have season 8 were he is restraining Davis Bloom until Doomsday bursts out, yeah he gets taken down by Doomsday, but who wouldn't. I'll keep looking for the scene to at least show that he knows how to punch.

I suppose if worse came to worst he could grab and throw Barry as he is so much faster than Barry.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmy_rustler:

Post got eaten. Let me repeat.

Dumb logic. Bart does have combat feats and he's much faster than Barry for sure. Watch the show. Your logic if that because he has never thrown a punch he wont throw a punch which is completely stupid. You've never seen Bart throw a punch. I mean it's crazy how you have access to a free TV show that everyone can watch yet you still sound dumb. So if you've enver seen someone throw a punch that means they wont throw a punch? It's a fight. Barry is effectively a heavy bag. It doesn't matter if you can fight or not. The heavy bag isn't fighting back.

At what point in that entire post was I being a hypocrite? And you really think I care what you people think of me? I don't give a damn if you like me or not. If me being honest is enough for you to dislike me then my hats off to you. Tell me all the people that disliek me and I will happily tell them what I'm anout to tell you. You people sound like kids when you go and complain to the mods. "ouhhh he insulted me I'm going to tattle tale!". I'm sorry for the inconvenience but:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RandomSid82

@wardemon32: Just going to say, if you don't like the rules(which include no insulting other users) then get off the vine. It does NOT show any form of maturity to insult a person you disagree with, all it does is weaken your argument. Not going to say I've never done it, we all get a little worked up at times when debating and someone ignores a point you made or something similar. But to completely ignore the rules and say you don't care just shows a lack of maturity.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmy_rustler: I know it's for the plot and I can handle it in the comics. I...I just can't handle it in the show too, it's too much. Just make him go fast and defeat fast.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: Just going to say, if you don't like the rules(which include no insulting other users) then get off the vine. It does NOT show any form of maturity to insult a person you disagree with, all it does is weaken your argument.

And saying "write sh*t like this" isn't insulting? I'm immaute. Cool. It weakens my argument. Even cooler.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid said:

@wardemon32: Just going to say, if you don't like the rules(which include no insulting other users) then get off the vine. It does NOT show any form of maturity to insult a person you disagree with, all it does is weaken your argument.

And saying "write sh*t like this" isn't insulting? I'm immaute. Cool. It weakens my argument. Even cooler.

Didn't say it wasn't insulting, but like it says in the rules, report it, don't do it back. All that does in the end is create a flame war which completely derails the thread.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid:

Yet you only address me? I'm not going to report it because I'm not trying to get anyone banned. For half of you comicvine is life and you spend your lives on it so I'm not going to try and take that away from anyone. Besides, I don't care if you insult me. You can say whatever you want. I may be wrong now and I don't even see it because I don't care. Maybe I will later? But hey.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Very interesting.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RandomSid82

@wardemon32 said:

@randomsid:

Yet you only address me? I'm not going to report it because I'm not trying to get anyone banned. For half of you comicvine is life and you spend your lives on it so I'm not going to try and take that away from anyone. Besides, I don't care if you insult me. You can say whatever you want. I may be wrong now and I don't even see it because I don't care. Maybe I will later? But hey.

I addressed you because you are the one that said that you didn't care about the rules. I've insulted people on here before when I got frustrated after showing feats multiple times and them completely ignoring them, but I never said I didn't care about the rules. But, whatever, this is just entertainment for me and I'm going to stop derailing the thread now.