Sloth's Tournament: Ferro Vida vs Owie

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

The Setting is at daytime, you may use the environment to your advantage by any means necessary. The location is unpopulated, and there are no wild animals in the rainforest.

Rules:

No Caption Provided
-All DC characters are their Pre New 52 versions.
- Please Quote or Reply to the person you are debating with. This avoids confusion as to who you were talking to and makes it easier to pick up arguments if one person has to leave for a while. It is going to be necessary with the number of people that will be arguing at once, so please follow this rule.
-Both Teams are aware of the situation.
-All characters are "in character" unless otherwise specified.
- You ONLY have 30 points to construct your team. You will be disqualified if you are over this amount.
-Victory is by death, knockout, BFR or incapacitation.
-Team chemistry does come into play.
- There is no prep time, and teams have absolutely no knowledge of each other prior to the match.
-Characters with guns have unlimited ammo unless specified otherwise.
-Characters with bows/throwing knives have unlimited arrows/knives unless specified otherwise.
-Characters still need to reload.
-No tele-dropping, tele-dismemberment, or BFR.

Teams

Owie's Orange Salukis

Cardiac (Staff, no bird)

Elektra (No Powers) (2 sais,unlimited shuriken) (add-on: Muramasa blade)

Moon Knight (Full control of Khonshu related abilities) (Carbonadium armor, Unlimited crescent shaped darts, and steel bo staff)

Black Widow (Standard gear and Widows Bite) (add-on: Making Reed Richards proud--Your characters know who you're facing and what they're capable and incapable of)

Other add-ons:

Somebody set us up the bomb (each gun user of your team is now armed with 2 frag 2 incendiary 2 gas and 2 sonic grenades have fun!)

It's dangerous to go alone here take this! (your team now has kevlar armor for those who cant take being shot)

Breathe in breathe out. (Your team is protected from phermones and poisonous gas now!)

Ferro Vida's Team

Iron Fist (No Agamatto upgrade)

Daredevil (2 billy clubs)

Add-ons:

Screw your healing factor! (1 member of your team now posesses the muramasa blade)

Making Reed Richards proud (Your characters know who you're facing and what they're capable and incapable of)

Rage (Your team is all bloodlusted)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

Honestly, I think my team has almost all the advantages in this match-up.

Comparing the teams

First let me just run down what I see as the basic hierarchy of skill when it comes to hand-to-hand combat among our various characters--not counting weapons or powers or anything--because I'm sure this will come up.

I would say Iron First is obviously the best, followed by Elektra, then Daredevil, then Black Widow, then Moon Knight, then Cardiac. I know the respective positions of Daredevil and Elektra are debatable, but I see her as more skilled. I think Elektra is not too far above Matt, and Matt is just above Natasha. Those three are really all in a cluster to me. Moon Knight is not too far below. Cardiac is clearly below them all in terms of skill.

Anyway, here's how I see it:

--We both have Muramasa blades, which will be helpful to both of us, but somewhat more helpful for you. For me, it's not a big deal, since neither of your members has any armor or healing factor to disrupt. I am not sure which of your team members will use your sword. I think it could probably cut Cardiac but not Moon Knight, at least not easily. Outside of that, all my team is armored in some way--Cardiac has his armor, which is tremendously effective and can hits from Rhino. Moon Knight has his carbonadium armor. Black Widow's suit is bulletproof. And I have a kevlar add-on for Elektra. Your team has no body armor at all.

--My team has several distance weapons: Cardiac's energy blasts, which could easily take either of your guys out in one hit; Black Widow's bite, which has 30,000 volts, enough to kill in one hit; Black Widow is carrying pistols and grenades; Moon Knight has his crescent darts; and Elektra has shuriken and her sais. While you only have DD's billy clubs.

--You are bloodlusted, and I am not. However, this makes little to no difference. Your team may come in more ferociously at first, but once my team sees that they have to fight for their lives, they will have no problem fighting back with equal vigor and their already-lax attitude about killing. If anything, your team is at a disadvantage due to the fact that bloodlust clouds your rationality, which otherwise would be one of your team's strengths. So my team retains their tactical patience while also being very loose in their morals.

--We both have the Reed Richards add-on, letting us know our opponents. Now, Daredevil is helpful in this situation because his radar sense can help find my team. But, it's not such a huge advantage. We're in a jungle and it's pretty dense, it looks like, but it's not like we're not going to be able to find you--you'll just be able to tell where we are from farther away. But you have no real distance weapons to attack with, so it's not much help. Your team isn't especially skilled at jungle fighting or camouflage anything. They're not terrible at it by any means, but neither of them spends a lot of time working on stealth as a primary form of approach to an enemy. My team, on the other hand, has several members who focus on infiltration and espionage: Elektra has much more of a focus on the stealthy side of ninjitsu than Matt, and is actively able to avoid his radar sense--more on this later. Black Widow's has top of the line infiltration and stealth skills. Moon Knight uses stealth a lot and more specifically he spent a lot of time as a mercenary fighting in jungle locations just like this in the past, so he'll be very much at home. Plus he can become invisible in shadowed areas (although I doubt this will work against Matt) and has special night vision.

Possible Approaches

So while I am guessing that your basic tactic will be to use Matt's radar sense, then try to ambush me, I think I have the advantage in the jungle environment in any case--or at the very least, Matt's radar sense is equalled by my team's greater practice at infiltration and stealth, especially since they know about him and will be expecting them to use this tactic. What my team is going to do is have Cardiac, Widow, and Moon Knight move along in a group, while Elektra moves around as a satellite figure, circling around the group some yards away. Since she is able to get past Matt's radar, she will act as a good early warning system and/or back up if necessary.

So I think we have an equal chance of surprising/ambushing each other. I doubt either group will finish off the other in a surprise attack, so I'm just going to describe a basic battle:

Here's how I see it. My team splits up with Cardiac and Moon Knight against Iron Fist, and Elektra and Black Widow against DD.

Again, I see Elektra as being Matt's superior, and Black Widow being just below him. The two of them together would take him out in H2H, and they also have other advantages here. First they'll start with one of Widow's sonic grenades, which will disable Matt, with his sensitive hearing--for example see his reaction to Klaw recently. As he tries to cope, Widow will first attack with her bite, and could quite possibly take him out right then and there. He's not going to be concentrating on dodging with a sonic grenade going off. But just for the sake of argument let's say he survives that. Elektra and BW are going to take him out in H2H anyway, no question.

Cardiac and Moon Knight versus Iron Fist is less black and white, but still ends with a win for my team. They have vibranium and carbonadium armor respectively, that can take several hits from his chi and allow them to continue fighting. He is clearly faster than them both, but they are both stronger than him, and both of them together would be tough for him to handle just in H2H due to their enhanced stats. MK has his Khonshu powers here, and Cardiac is around 15 tons. With their superior strength, MK's high level of skills (although clearly inferior to Daniel's), MK's general arsenal of weapons, and especially Cardiac's energy blasts, Iron Fist is eventually going down. Cardiac is by no means as good at H2H, but he's fast enough to tangle with Spider-Man, so he can take on Danny too. Danny can dodge around a while, but they will eventually tag him, and it will only take one hit from Cardiac to put him down. Meanwhile, his attacks on them won't be super-effective with their armor. The only asterisk here is if he has the Muramasa blade, which would be a fairly effective weapon against Cardiac and perhaps partially so against Moon Knight. But Cardiac can stay at a distance if necessary can and finish him off with his energy blasts, so he doesn't need to engage close-up if there's danger from the blade. In any case, after Elektra and Widow finish off Matt, they will join the battle and Iron Fist is all done.

I can post scans of Elektra's ability to evade Matt's radar sense, Elektra vs DD fights, Cardiac's durability and agility, etc. if so desired. Looking forward to the debate!