• 136 results
#1 Edited by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

The Scenario:

The idea of this thread is to allow you to build your own team from a list of given characters and modifications using a set number of points (30). You will use this team to face off in a tournament of battles against other Viners. All competitors are given the same amount of points to build their team, but the variations of characters and gear grants a multitude of options to utilize. Be sure to name your team, it will be the same team you use until the end of the tournament. When one tournament ends another may begin to give more people a chance.

This is how it will work...

The first 16 Viners to post that they want in will be put into a 16 man, single-elimination tournament. DO NOT post your teams in the thread. Instead PM them to me, and when all 16 competitors have sent in their teams I will check them all to make sure they all follow the rules, and are not identical and then I will post them all at the same time in order to assure no one has an unfair advantage when making their team. Names will be drawn at random to determine who faces who.

Once you know your opponent and their team you may then begin to debate them as to why your team would beat theirs. Please stick to generally accepted debating practices and refrain from trolling. Treat your opponent with respect and dignity. If spectators want to correct misinformation they may, but in general let the 2 people debating keep the debate to themselves. Once a debate is finished, we will call a vote and any Viner who wishes may vote for whom he/she believes would win the fight. Please vote for who made the better team/ had a better argument as to why their team would win, NOT who you like better. This is not a popularity contest.

Setting:

The Setting is at daytime, you may use the enviroment to your advantage at any means necessary the location is unpopulated, and there are no wild animals in the rainforest. 

Rules:

-All DC characters are their Pre New 52 versions.
- Please Quote or Reply to the person you are debating with. This avoids confusion as to who you were talking to and makes it easier to pick up arguments if one person has to leave for a while. It is going to be necessary with the number of people that will be arguing at once, so please follow this rule.
-Both Teams are aware of the situation.
-All characters are "in character" unless otherwise specified.
- You ONLY have 30 points to construct your team. You will be disqualified if you are over this amount.
-Victory is by death, knockout, BFR or incapacitation.
-Team chemistry does come into play.
- There is no prep time, and teams have absolutely no knowledge of each other prior to the match.
-Characters with guns have unlimited ammo unless specified otherwise.
-Characters with bows/throwing knives have unlimited arrows/knives unless specified otherwise.
-Characters still need to reload.                                                                                                                                                  
-Your team MUST consist of at least 2 characters.                                                                                                      
-You may not use more than 3 add ons for a single character.   Team add ons do not contribute to this total.                                             -No tele-dropping, tele-dismemberment, or BFR. 
-If a debater fails to show up for an extended period of time (greater than a 4 days) Than I will disqualify them.

credit to k4tzm4n for most of the opening post.

Character Choices:

Iron Fist(no agamatto upgrad)-14 points

Venom(Brock)-14 points

Black Tarantula-13 points

Venom(Flash)-12 points

Kaine (current)-12 points

Spiderman(current)-11 points

Agent Orange(1 Magnum 44. revolver unlimited ammo)-11 points

Deathstroke(Armor,Prometheium Sword,and Blast Staff)-11 points

Davos-11 points

Archangel-10 points

Fat Cobra-10 points

Luke Cage(unarmed)-10 points

Orson Randall(2 colt 45. pistols with unlimited bullets)-10 points

Jean Paul Valley(Azreal Armor)-10 points

Temugin(No rings)-10 points

Constantine Drakon(unarmed)-10 points

Batman(Batsuit, unlimited batarangs,Utility Belt)-9 points

Deadshot(suit and wrist mounted pistols)-9 points

Batgirl(Cain)(Batsuit Batarangs)-9 points

Lady Shiva(unarmed)-9 points

Ultimate Captain America(vibranium shield)-9 points

Sabretoooth(adamantium)-9 points

Tombstone(garotte wire)-9 points

Richard Dragon(Unarmed)-8 points

Connor Hawke(Longbow unlimited steel tipped arrows)8-points

White Canary(Whip)-8 points

Nightwing(Escrima Sticks and standard gadgets)-8 points

Mister X(No Telepathy)(2 steel swords)-8 points

Black Panther(Vibranium Suit,Energy Daggers,Anti Metal Claws)-8 points

Captain America(Vibranium Shield)-8 points

Ultimate Black Panther(Standard gear)-8 points

Taskmaster(Replica of caps shield,Bow with unlimited steel tipped arrows, and Broadsword)-8 points

Daken(Standard gear)-8 points

Wolverine(Adamantium)-8 points

Ultimate Hawkeye(1 colt M1911 pistol with unlimited clips 1 long bow with unlimited steel tipped arrows)-8 points

Constrictor(Adamantium electric cables)-8 points

Ultimate Red Skull(Luger pistol with unlimited rounds)-8 points

Nightcrawler(1 steel sabre)-8 points

Cyclops(Cannot remove visor)-8 points

David Cain(1 colt 45. Pistol unlimited clips, and 1 dragunov svd with 2 clips)-7 points

Bane-(unarmed)-7 points

Ravager-(Prometheium Swords)-7 points

Shang-Chi(2 broad swords)-7 points

The Cat(Unarmed)-7 points

Daredevil(2 billy clubs)-7 points

Ultimate Ronin(Nunchuks,Staff,Smoke Pellets)-7 points

Gambit(3 decks of cards Adamantium Bo-Staff)-7 points

Cardiac(Staff, no bird)-7 points

Ben Reilly-7 points

Blade(Steel Katana)-7 points

Jason Todd(red hood suit/equipment)-6 points

Bronze Tiger(2 sais, unlimited shuriken)-6 points

Shado(Longbow with unlimited steel tipped arrows)-6 points

x-23(Adamantium)-6 points

Bucky Barnes(Vibranium shield, Personal handgun)-6 points

Crossbones(1 uzi with unlimited clips and 1 colt M1911 with unlimited clips)-6 points

Lady Deathstrike(adamantium)-6 points

U.S. Agent(Vibranium shield)-6 points

Kraven(Sergei)(Lions head vest,Spear,and Dagger)-6 points

Deadpool(Steel Katana and Uzi with unlimited Clips)-6 points

Hammerhead(Current)(unarmed)-6 points

Wildcat(Unarmed)-5 points

Green Arrow(Longbow unlimited steel tipped arrows)-5 points

KGBeast(Cybernetic Arm)-5 points

Ra's Al Ghul(One Scimatar and one Broadsword)-5 points

Catman(unlimited catarangs, and specialty claws)-5 points

Roy Harper(Long bow with unlimited steel tipped arrows, and 1 kabar knife)-5 points

Wildcat(Tommy Bronson)-5 points

Grifter(No psionic powers)(M4a1 rifle with unlimited clips of ammo)-5 points

Killer Croc-5 points

Elektra(No Powers)(2 sais,unlimited shuriken)-5 points

Echo(2 sais, unlimited shuriken)-5 points

Cable(depowered)(1 beam rifle with unlimited shots and a bowie knife)-5 points

Punisher(1 Remington pump action shotgun,1 Desert Eagle Pistol, and 1 M4 assault rifle all with unlimited Clips)-5 points

Silver Samurai(Katanna,unlimited shuriken)-5 points

Bullseye(1 sai,1 box of toothpicks,unlimited shuriken)-5 points

Moon Knight(Full control of Khonshu related abilities)(Carbonadium armor,Unlimited crescent shaped darts, and steel bo staff)-5 points

Kraven(Alyosha)(Spear, and Dagger)-5 points

Tim Drake(Red Robin attire/Equipment)-4 points

Owlman(Roy Ramond Jr) (Owlsuit standard gear)-4 points

Mr.Terrific(Unarmed,Has Mask)-4 points

Stephanie Brown(Utility belt and Batsuit)-4 points

Cheshire(poison tipped fingernails and 2 poison dipped sais, unable to share poison with team)-4 points

Hush(Two Beretta 9mm pistols with unlimited clips)-4 points

Black Canary(no canary cry)-4 points

Hawkeye(1 long bow with unlimited steel tipped arrows)-4 points

Agent X (1 m4 assault rifle with unlimited clips and 1 colt 45 pistol with unlimited clips)-4 points

Marrow(unarmed)-4 points

Shatterstar(Dual Mystical blades, no teleportation)-4 points

Red Skull(Luger pistol with unlimited rounds)-4 points

Paladin(Stun guns)-4 points

Nuke(M-16 with unlimited ammo)-4 points

Bushwacker(Standard)-4 points

Damian Wayne(Robin Suit, Utility Belt,Unlimited Batarangs)-3 points

Ragdoll(unarmed)-3 points

Catwoman(Catsuit, and whip)-3 points

Onomatopoeia(Two Berettta 9mm Pistols unlimited clips)-3points

Barbara Gordon(Not paralyzed, Batsuit,batarangs)-3 points

Huntress(Crossbow, and 1 spring loaded knife)-3 points

Batwoman-(Batsuit, unlimited batarangs, and utility belt)-3 points

Zeiss-(Katana and unlimited shuriken)-3 points

Black Widow(Standard gear and Widows Bite)-3 point

Colleen Wing(Katanna)-3 points

Silver Sable(Katana, and Uzi with unlimited clips)-3 points

Nick Fury(1 silenced colt 45. pistol with unlimited ammo and 1 uzi with unlimited ammo 4 frag grenades)-3 points

Bengal(2 sais, unlimited Shuriken)-3 points

KaZar(Bow and unlimited arrows,dagger and spear)-3 points

Grim Hunter(dagger,spear, and blowgun containing poison)-3 points

Gladiator(Standard equipment)-3 points

Lady Blackhawk(two colt 45. pistols unlimited clips)-2 points

Vic Sage-(unarmed)-2 points

Zsasz(two steel knives)-2 points

Batroc(Unarmed)-2 points

Mockingbird(battle staves)-2 points

Brutale-(Unlimited Throwing Knives)-1 point

ADD-ONS

Bullets for breakfast (each gun user of your team is now armed with a single clip of carbonadium bullets for a single gun of your choice)-4 points

Screw your healing factor! (1 member of your team now posesses the muramasa blade) 3 points

Kind of like the Excalibur...but not really!.(1 member of your team now has the Ebony Blade)-3 points

Making Reed Richards proud (Your characters know who you're facing and what they're capable and incapable of)-3 points

Rage(Your team is all bloodlusted)-3 points

Stop raiding me bro (Punisher now has access to his SHIELD armory of weapons Including Whiplash's Whip,Pym particles to shrink his weapons for that use only,A goblin glider, A replica of Cap's shield, and 3 pumpkin bombs)-3 points

Breathe in breathe out. (Your team is protected from phermones and poisonous gas now!)-2 points

Why can't we be friends?(characters who would usually attack eachother now will work together)-2 points

Can you hear me now? no, not really.(You can now move silently and not be heard)-2 points

I NEED A MEDIC!(a canister of spray that can heal one character fully)-2 points

ROBOT HOUSE!(3 emp grenades will be given to your team)-2 points

There will be blood(Bladed weapons are turned into vibranium)-2 points

No tv or radio make me somethin somethin somethin(Your team now has a radio to connect and talk to eachother)-2 points

You've activated my trap card!(Bow and arrow users are now equipped with 4 explosive arrows 2 sonic arrows and 2 carbonadiom arrows)-2points

Somebody set us up the bomb(each gun user of your team is now armed with 2 frag 2 incendiary 2 gas and 2 sonic grenades have fun!)-1 point

Silent in the library(all weapons you posess are silenced.)-1 point

Bing bang badaboom(An rpg with 2 shots is now in a character of your choices posession make the best of it)-1 point

It's dangerous to go alone here take this!(your team now has kevlar armor for those who cant take being shot)-1 point

HAIL HYDRA(If your team is completely full of villains you now have 10 HYDRA soldiers at your disposal all armed with m4 assault rifles with unlimited ammo)-1 point

SHIELD TO PROTECT(If your team is made of heroes 10 SHIELD agents armed with ak-47's with unlimited ammo)-1 point

Teams 

1.Decoy Elite (Team:What am I Even Doing Here? )

2.Vance Astro 

3.Dane 

4.Beatboks1 

5.dedmanwalkin

6.Skaddix 

7.Nickthedevil 

8.Ferro Vida 

9.Owie (and the  Orange Salukis.) 

10.HigorM 

11.Desmond006 

12.Maniac 2312 

13.Lunacyde 

14.Afro_Warrior 

15.0blivion_ 

16.Andy Steven Summers 

Bracket 

#2 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

O.O WTF

#3 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

aww yeuh

#4 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeanroygrant: ?
#5 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
aww yeuh
How'd it come out? was waiting for your seal of approval. 
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

I want in.

#7 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: VANCE IN A TOURNAMENT!?
#8 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: ...Holy crap. This is beautiful.
#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
@Vance Astro: VANCE IN A TOURNAMENT!?
I usually don't get in these because i'm terrible out them.It's much easier for me to be aggressive without the pressure of winning a debate but It's just for fun right? I'll give it a go.
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Also I call dibs on hornhead.

#11 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@geraldthesloth said:

@jeanroygrant: ?

It's because it's alot.

#12 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
I call dibs on Daredevil. :)
#13 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Sounds awesome, and of course you can have hornhead.
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illuminatus said:
@Vance Astro said:
I call dibs on Daredevil. :)
Sonnova! LOL...
#15 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds fun. I want in.

#16 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

If I make a team quick enough I'm in.

I'll lose, but I'll try.

#17 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds cool you guys. send me your teams and if they all fit I'll approve them.

#18 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
@Dane said:
aww yeuh
How'd it come out? was waiting for your seal of approval. 
It's diamonds, baby. I'll get a team up asap.
#19 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

So how do we determine if two characters would work together if they come from different universes?

#20 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, to clarify, can there be more than one of each character? (in seperate teams)

#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

So how do we determine if two characters would work together if they come from different universes?

I'd assume we just go off logically how characters personalities play off each other. Heroes aren't likely to get along with villains and vice versa.

#22 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@Skaddix said:

I'd assume we just go off logically how characters personalities play off each other. Heroes aren't likely to get along with villains and vice versa.

Well yes but people can disagree on how that works. Batman is strongly opposed to killing and guns so does that mean I cannot team him with say Ultimate Hawkeye who totally believes in killing and is technically a hero?

#23 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@Skaddix said:

Well yes but people can disagree on how that works. Batman is strongly opposed to killing and guns so does that mean I cannot team him with say Ultimate Hawkeye who totally believes in killing and is technically a hero?

I'd say it's fair to say they wouldn't get along, as is the case with all no-kill heroes and killing heroes. I mean, it is a direct conflict of morals. Although that might also mean killing heroes could work better with villains that simply kill.

#24 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
Also, to clarify, can there be more than one of each character? (in seperate teams)
I'm going to try and limit it, so say there may be two teams with Wolverine in it..but there will not be 7 teams that have Wolverine. 

@Skaddix said:

Heroes work with heroes..etc
#25 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@Skaddix said:

I'd say Hawkeye is less of a hero and more of just a simple protagonist/anti-hero. He believes that killing is not necessarily an outright necessity, but most of the situations he's called in for do involve killing, so it's a toss up.
#26 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

So How do I count someone characters who might fall more in the anti hero range?

#27 Posted by Saren (25617 posts) - - Show Bio

It's nice when a well thought out thread gets responses for once.

#28 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix: If they've done more work for the hero side they'll count as heroes.
#29 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

So How do I count someone characters who might fall more in the anti hero range?

Well hopefully you're picking characters you know enough about to tell. But their pages should give a good idea of how they are morally.

#30 Posted by beatboks1 (7157 posts) - - Show Bio

Still room 4 me?

#31 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1: Of course, there's 14 more spots open right now.
#32 Edited by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@Skaddix said:

Well hopefully you're picking characters you know enough about to tell. But their pages should give a good idea of how they are morally.

I know how they are morally. One more question for characters with super senses who can recognize people via smell do I get to use that. So if I pick Wolverine and my opponents team is filled with Marvel 616 Characters do I now know who they are?

#33 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix: If your characters can effectively sneak up on their characters and if lets say Wolverine is familiar with Spiderman for example he knows exactly what he's getting into. OR there's a team buying item that gives you the information of your opponents team.
#34 Posted by beatboks1 (7157 posts) - - Show Bio

Then sign me up I'll look at putting a team together in the morning currently at a gig ( god it sounds lame for 53 year old DJ to still call them that)

#35 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1: Don't worry about it, I'll save you a spot no matter how long it takes you to get your team in.
#36 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

rawr.

#37 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dane said:

rawr.

You're team approved yet?

Because mine is. /smug

#38 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: Sure is.
#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone dupes my team members I'm putting you in the sharpshooter and won't release the hold no matter how much Jim Ross calls be an SOB.

#40 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea what that means, but I think you'll be hard pressed not to have Daredevil duplicated. He's the most popular sensor.

#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
I have no idea what that means, but I think you'll be hard pressed not to have Daredevil duplicated. He's the most popular sensor.

#42 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicely done Sloth.

#43 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

daqredevil is cool but id take a character with more experience operating in heavily forested areas, personally.

#44 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow realy cool.

#45 Posted by laflux (15393 posts) - - Show Bio

if there is any room left im in

#46 Posted by HigorM (3735 posts) - - Show Bio

LET´s GET IT ON!

wait.. there´s any spot left? =x

#47 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll definitely jump on this, if theirs still space.

#48 Posted by Owie (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in if there's room, which it looks like there probably is.

#49 Edited by nickthedevil (12101 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there room?

#50 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Plenty of spots open. 

Some characters will be closed to use now due to high usage.