#1 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20320 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules

• Morals on and in character
  • Start 15 ft. apart
  • Only equipment stated below (cannot scavange or steal equipment on battlefield)
  • Voting starts when I say so

Setting

Nuketown

Contestants

nickzambuto

Solid Snake

• Standard costume
  • Machine Gun

YoungJustice

Wolverine

• Standard costume
  • Rocket Launcher

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20320 posts) - - Show Bio

May the best debater win!

#3 Posted by YoungJustice (6863 posts) - - Show Bio

Opening Debate: I win.

#4 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20320 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

Opening Debate: I win.

*clap clap clap*

What a quality and in-depth explanation. Bravo! Bravo!

#5 Posted by YoungJustice (6863 posts) - - Show Bio

Well thank you XD Anyway, going to be out tomorrow, I need to get my sleep Sunday, and am getting on a 7 hour flight Monday, may be able to get it up Tuesday.

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20320 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

Well thank you XD Anyway, going to be out tomorrow, I need to get my sleep Sunday, and am getting on a 7 hour flight Monday, may be able to get it up Tuesday.

No rush. This will be up for the entire week.

#7 Posted by nickzambuto (13805 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still in awe over how unfathomably lucky I was to not only score Snake, but a machine gun as well.

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20320 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

I'm still in awe over how unfathomably lucky I was to not only score Snake, but a machine gun as well.

Yeah. I was pretty surprised too.

#9 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see this. Somebody keep me updated when it gets started.

#10 Posted by nickzambuto (13805 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@nickzambuto said:

Yeah. I was pretty surprised too.

I've had a string of bad Snake debates recently.

Let's change that.

#11 Posted by HigorM (3910 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we'll see a lot of blood in this fight..

#12 Posted by YoungJustice (6863 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

I am assuming Snake doesn't have camo, as I willnot use Logan's HF, if that is okay with you.

In that case, as soon as the battle starts, Wolverine runs the other direction.

Green House.

Wolverine's speed is pretty adept, I wouldn't be surprised if Snake barely saw him escape.

Gunmen cant find him after shooting hundreds of bullets at him, at the least.

I highly doubt Snake will be able to catch him.

When in the house, Wolverine should have already seen the buses outside, he blows them up of course, not saying that Snake would be in the proximity, but if he is, there is barely any chance of him escaping it.

Now, if he isn't in the proximity, Wolverine will have taken damage, but not much, even without his healing factor he is able to go against meta-humans, I doubt that the explosion will greatly harm him, a little disorientation and dizzieness at worst.

Since Nuketown is a pretty small map, it should be hard to find where Snake is, especially since he wouldn't have camo and the bus explosion would destroy a fair majority of the middle of the battlefield and front of the houses.

When Wolverine does find Snake, hell engage him in combat without the rocket launcher, as it would just be a downfall.

Snake should win in H2H, but he still cant overcome Wolverine's pain tolerance without the HF.

Savage Hulk can thunderclap Wolverine in the face, and Logan is fine, now he does have his HF, but I dont think HF came into play here personally.

If Snake is able to do something more powerful than that, please tell me, and I will adjust accordingly, but Snake isnt hurting with or without his healing factor.

In the end, I think it will just come down to speed, agility, and skill, in which Logan wins all but skill, as Snake is no pushover is combat.

#13 Posted by nickzambuto (13805 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop using my own scans against me!

I am assuming Snake doesn't have camo, as I willnot use Logan's HF, if that is okay with you.

Give the little runt his healing factor, he'll need it to compete. MWAHAHAHA!

Wolverine's speed is pretty adept, I wouldn't be surprised if Snake barely saw him escape.

Snake has seen, fought, and beat people far faster than Wolverine, slippery as he is.

When in the house, Wolverine should have already seen the buses outside, he blows them up of course, not saying that Snake would be in the proximity, but if he is, there is barely any chance of him escaping it.

Snake has dodged projectiles far faster than rockets, and when he can't he usually tanks them without much trouble.

But he won't be in the bushes anyway.

Savage Hulk can thunderclap Wolverine in the face, and Logan is fine, now he does have his HF, but I dont think HF came into play here personally.

What makes you think that?

Snake should win in H2H

Damn straight. But as great as he is, Snake's specialty isn't CQC. His greatest tool is far more valuable then the ability to win a fight, and that's the ability to avoid a fight all together.

Snake went prone upon the gravel, and his camouflage shifted to blend in. Slowly, he crawled through the open streets like an inchworm. The area outside the base provided no cover, but Snake, utilizing Native American tracking techniques, gave the soldiers nothing to see and nothing to hear.

Of course the OctoCamo was a major factor in his success, but Snake's sense of connection with the world around him was even more crucial. He was part of his surroundings, a part of the world. By closely matching himself in with that baseline, he could be more stealthy then what might seem possible.

-MGS4 Novel

Vulcan Ravan, a shamon monk with mystical powers and enhanced senses, is left wandering around like a jackass after Snake vanishes from sight and peppers him with missiles from nowhere.

Frank Jaeger, one of the greatest soldiers on the planet and stealth master himself, had no idea Snake was standing right behind him.

The entire Genome Army was made up of genetically modified super soldiers with super hearing and enhanced vision, in fact the whole force was stated to be potentially more dangerous then the entire nuclear stockpile on Shadow Moses Island put together. That's standard cannon fodder for Solid Snake.

Wolverine's senses are obviously pretty unmatched, but Snake's mastery of stealth is so advanced, he's capable of getting around that. Take Crying Wolf, a character of such olfactory prowess, she could sniff out a lone soldier across an entire island through a white out. Snake still stuck it to her (teehee) by staying downwind.

Point: Snake at the very least can elude Wolverine to the point of sniping him out with the Machine Gun. Without his H/F there's not much he can do to stop that. Ol' Canucklehead obviously has that Adamantium skull, but that won't save him from Snake popping him in the gut and leaving him to bleed out.

But that's no fun is it?

Nope, not at all. Pretty boring. That's why I say f*ck strategy, second the battle starts Snake tosses that cumbersome gun to the curb and sprints full force towards Wolverine. The area isn't very big, I doubt Snake will lose track of Logan. Any rockets fired will be dodged easily, Snake has avoided far faster projectiles.

"You want eternal rest? I've got it right here."

Fortune's Rail Gun could shoot rounds at speeds exceeding that of mach 20. Most bullets don't surpass mach 1. But Solid Snake in his prime can easily dance around the projectiles whilst fighting off the unbeatable witch for hours before finally being captured.

But as you can see, his capture didn't last long. That's a 300 foot fall off Arsenal Gear into water (300 being the minimum). Average human can't go higher than 90 feet without breaking bone, but the man who makes the impossible possible went completely unscathed, outracing a giant robot before placing a tracer on his brother, then proceeding to swim miles back to shore and running all the way to Federal Hall, all before Raiden finished fighting Solidus.

And he's not even out of breath.

Goes to show the man's endurance.

I'm more than aware of Wolverine's speed, but Old Snake had hypersonic reflexes, and Solid Snake takes a sh*t on Old Snake. A pre-puberty Gray Fox was taking on entire squadrons of armed men at a time while wielding only a knife. By his teen years he was cutting bullets from multiple soldiers simultaneously out of the air. Finally he got his cyborg enhancements, and effortlessly moved far faster than normal humans can even perceive. Add in he was a 500 tonner on a bad day and had skill equivocal to Ra's al Ghul, being the only FOXHOUND member to ever earn the codename Fox (LoA is no better than FOXHOUND), and he should be a pretty tough dude amirite?

...Meh.

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20320 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting may start now.

If you guys want to keep debating.

Voting will end by next Wednesday.

#15 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20320 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess nobody voted...

I'll give it one until Monday.

#16 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

wins!

#17 Posted by Strider92 (16616 posts) - - Show Bio

As i'm rating the debate, my vote goes to nickzambuto.

#18 Posted by dondave (38007 posts) - - Show Bio

nickzambuto

#19 Posted by tomlikesfries (4679 posts) - - Show Bio

I do believe Logan would win, especially with the healing factor, but we're rating the debate aren't we? My vote goes to nickzambuto.

#20 Posted by YoungJustice (6863 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, totally forgot about this thing..

#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

As i'm rating the debate, my vote goes to nickzambuto.

Agreed. While I think Wolverine would win, nickzambuto put up the better argument.

#22 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20320 posts) - - Show Bio

nickzambuto /// 5-0 /// YoungJustice

#23 Posted by brick909 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

YoungJustice

#24 Edited by YoungJustice (6863 posts) - - Show Bio

That was... unsuspected..

Nickzambuto 5-1, unless Nick already won.

#25 Posted by nickzambuto (13805 posts) - - Show Bio

This was pathetic.

#26 Posted by YoungJustice (6863 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

This was pathetic.

You speak the truth..