Sliver Age Superman vs. Shuma Gorath

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've heard countless times that Shuma Gorath is an extremely powerful character, even stronger than Galactus!!! So now I have to put this to the test just to see how powerful he is.

This is Silver Age Superman w/ The Sword Of Superman vs. Shuma Gorath.

Fight is to KO or Death

Round 1: Superman has knowledge of Shuma Gorath & his abilities.

Round 2: Superman knows nothing

Who wins & why?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Shuma Gorath being more powerful than Galactus depends on whether you are accept a very vague, one off statement from Thanos Imperative, which doesnt even address Shuma Gorath by name, or if you are looking at Shuma Gorath, within the bounds of his own realm.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

Given how easily that the Mighty Avengers defeated Shuma Gorath, I feel like his power level is more hyperbole than legitimate.

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Well I've also heard that some character who's name escapes me had to have 1000 years of prep not to kill him but to put him to sleep, Also I've heard that Classic Strange had major problems with this guy so IDK.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Age Supes creates an Anti-Shuma Gorath ray and hits him right in the eye from miles away, made possible by his super hearing (wait, what?).

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis: So are you joking? (I'm aware from other people that he makes anti stuff for certain peeps on the fly) but I was going by what was actually shown or stated that these characters can do from the actual comic source.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why,why so many SA superman hater thread?

Just spite

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathgorath444: Yeah, I'm joking. With Superman's PIS aside, I'm still deciding. Leaning towards Superman a bit. Shuma got taken out by the Avengers, who I think can be defeated quite easily by SA Superman.I was going to come back to answer seriously anyway, but I guess now I'll answer SA Supes.

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: So Shuma . . . . wins? or . . . . . Supes? Don't hurt me . .. .

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really dont know enough about sos superman. i'll come back to this...

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adhd_assassin: I could be wrong but I think it makes him one with the universe.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@killemall:

Given how easily that the Mighty Avengers defeated Shuma Gorath, I feel like his power level is more hyperbole than legitimate.

Well in Shuma's defense its was merely a small aspect of him.

No Caption Provided

So thats something in Shuma's favor, but yeah when they start throwing Shuma as a villian to a team with mostly street level guys and Luke Cage + Blue Marvel, its hard to take him seriously as a true universal threat..

@killemall: Well I've also heard that some character who's name escapes me had to have 1000 years of prep not to kill him but to put him to sleep, Also I've heard that Classic Strange had major problems with this guy so IDK.

The character you are referring to is called Sise-Neg, and it had nothing to do with him not being able to kill him, or anything. Sise-Neg was trying to turn himself from mortal mage into a god, for that he needed ALL the mystical energy, distributed throughout the era, from all the way to his reality (30th Century in the future) up to the period of big bang.

No Caption Provided

Now he could very well have fought and destroyed Shuma, but if Shuma manages to absorb even a tiny fraction of his power, his quest would be unfulfilled.

So its a pretty good feat from Shuma, nothing against it, but its not as awesome as its often interpreted as. There is nothing suggest Sise-Neg couldnt have killed Shuma if he wanted to.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Does this fight take place in Shuma's realm?

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By God_of_Batman

SA Supes with SoS should take this.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mxyzptlk_CV

SA Superman wins

Setherial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Setherial

There's not a chance Superman wins this. If we're going by Shuma-Gorath's full manifestation - the one Strange tangled with in 1988 in Strange Tales Vol 2, then it's a horrible stomp in Shuma-Gorath's favor. I'd be surprised if Superman could even make it to Shuma's realm without losing a lot of strength from the mystic energy of the realm slowly killing him. If we're going by Shuma's most recent appearance, in which a fraction of his essence arrives on Earth - Spider-Hero compares the Shuma manifestation they're fighting to be equal to a fingernail's worth of its true self - then SAS still loses outside of plot. Even for the Avengers to get rid of Shuma-Gorath's astral self they had to amp the White Tiger god and basically call for help from a godlike entity or a type of "force". It's made very apparent Mighty in Avengers that they would have been screwed if Shuma-Gorath had been allowed to fully manifest on Earth. That White Tiger god wouldn't have been able to do anything based on how much they rushed to summon it before Shuma's full essence could reach the realm.

Even with some people who hype up Shuma-Gorath, plenty more people on this board like to undersell him a great deal based on many of his most recent appearances. The thing is, Shuma-Gorath has not once showed up on panel at full power ever since Strange fought him in his realm back in 1988. Shuma was weak and hungry when summoned by Nicholas Scratch years later, and after that he didn't even have time to fully manifest when summoned in Invaders Now - and when he was summoned he had had his evil aura diminished by a number of artifacts before being stabbed by the Spear of Destiny before making it through his portal. Now we have confirmation in Mighty Avengers that it takes some time for Shuma to manifest even when a physical form is seen.

Anyway, Superman doesn't have a fraction of a chance outside of plot.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why was Shuma-Gorath even on earth in Mighty Avengers?

Avatar image for zorn_a_rust_red_scythe
Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Ebony Maw was whispering things to Doc Strange that somehow convinced him to summon Shuma-Gorath to Earth. Was pretty stupid seeing as how Strange has resisted the temptation of Lady Death herself. You'd figure Strange could resist a servant of Thanos.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By dorukesin

Man,even Superman without his Speed,Strength,Heat Vision,Freeze Breath etc. is enough to make stalemate.YOU CAN'T KILL HIM,YOU CAN'T PENETRATE HIS INVULNERABILITY

if you wanna beat SA Superman,you need to travel in the time and kill his mother.which means impossible because 1 sec like billions of years for Superman

No Caption Provided

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuma stomps. Spite.

Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also SAS doesn't have the slightest chance against Shuma. Let's get real here.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuma stomps like a abusive father beating his daughter at walmart.

Seriously what is with people thinking Silver Age Superman can take on high level characters above skyfather level???

Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: people who haven't read shumas older arcs and only see shumas recent appearances think he's weak because they don't know the context of stranges fight against shuma and they only see shuma summoned with plot stipulations against him. We've only seen shuma at full power once in his entire comic history and that was back in the 80s.

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DeathGorath444

Well I tried to get info on the Sword Of Superman but not even DC Wiki has anything, Luckly I found some info here. Basically SoS makes him omnipotent.

Most of the info comes from here

So in a way it made him all seeing & all knowing. But I've heard that Shuma can drain the powers of his enemies. I guess the questions is whether a stupid or a smart one is . . . . can Shuma absorb the energy of Omnipotent beings? is that possible? Just asking?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: Can't Shuma destroy thing around him by just being present? He could also make a voodoo doll of supes too.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers