-Retractable tentacles

-Limbs can stretch Mr. Fantastic style

-Can place people into a trance

-Likes to stalk people and generally f*ck with them

-Classic Boogeyman style stealth

-Limited flight

-Teleportation

-Superior strength proportionate to his size

-Once he gets you, you're gone. No one knows what he does with you, whether it be absorbing you or bringing you to a different dimension, all we know is your not coming back

CAN BE DEFEATED BY:

Sufficient force is capable of KOing or even killing The Slender Man, though you'll need quite the firepower. The best way is to trap him in a well, as this always works. He's also been known to retreat if met with physical confrontation, and is weakened substantially if he is not feared.

THE CHALLENGERS:

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Mystery Inc

Jason Voorhees

Ash Williams

The Ghostbusters

Batman

Slender Man has taken to stalking his opponents. They are unaware of who or what he is. They have a limited amount of time before he reveals himself to them, and attempts to take them (he usually places his victims in a trance, and then absorbs/kidnaps them). During this time the victims can attempt several things, for example, they can try to ban him back to the dimension from wence he came (if they're sorcery is powerful enough), trap him in a well, beat him into submission/death, or anything like that. They can also go the route of no fear and force The Slender Man to retreat, though that would require them to overcome his trance.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cooljammy18

Courage could use the toon force to beat him.....Maybe the Scooby gang could BFR him back to the dimension or so. He's definitely not getting past Ash, let alone Batman.

Jason could beat him too because of his durability and not showing any fear.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By renamed040924

@cooljammy18 said:

Courage could use the toon force to beat him.....Maybe the Scooby gang could BFR him back to the dimension or so. He's definitely not getting past Ash, let alone Batman.

You can't count on toon force for everything. It's not this unbeatable mystical power that all toons can shoot from their hands. It's just the ability to defy the laws of physics once in awhile.

Slender Man can still place Courage in a trance and take him away, or he could go after Muriel.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Ghostbusters win, they took down evil spirits, evil gods, and Cthulhu.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cooljammy18

I guess he stops at Jason or Ash then.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By renamed040924

@OmegaDynasty said:

It's not like they just get thrown in an arena and go at it. Slender Man has the upperhand, he's stalking them, can strike anytime he wants. They might be able to get him with the proton packs but that's only after he reveals himself, and I doubt he'll choose to do that when they're all battle prepped and together.

He'll stick to the shadows, f*ck with their minds, then one by one when they're all alone, he'll appear and place them in his trance. Can any of the Ghostbusters escape the trance? Especially when they're all scared sh*tless and probably haven't slept for days?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Joygirl

Yay! I made things happen! :D I'd say he makes it to Ash or maybe Batman (but not past him). Courage is below his paygrade and Voorhees is a child at heart (SM's favorite victim). Ash has dealt with similar things but his chainsaw may not cut it, he's not exactly mentally stable as is. Slender Man might get to him in time, and that discounts his other varied, ill-defined, borderline lovecraftian abilities.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By renamed040924

@Joygirl said:

Yay! I made things happen! :D I'd say he makes it to Ash or maybe Batman (but not past him). Courage is below his paygrade and Voorhees is a child at heart (SM's favorite victim). Ash has dealt with similar things but his chainsaw may not cut it, he's not exactly mentally stable as is. Slender Man might get to him in time, and that discounts his other varied, ill-defined, borderline lovecraftian abilities.

This isn't a traditional gauntlet, it's not going in any order, so even if Slender Man loses at say Courage I still want your thoughts on the other battles.

That said, Slender Man ain't beating Courage. Courage has taken on beings far worse then Slender Man. He can brake out of the trance if it's for Muriel, and he's also capable of kicking some ass for her if it comes to that as well.

Eustace may die though :P

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joygirl

I've seen Courage in action and was not impressed. The monsterz he fights are NOWHERE near Slender Man level, he's like, an immortal force of nature, he's psychological horror incarnate. Toon force fails Courage here. Likewise, Mystery Inc has no way of taking this. I never saw Ghostbusters so they might have a chance. The only one I see taking it is Batman, via sheer intellect and willpower. Unlike the other gauntleteers he's dealt with serious problems like this, when sh*t gets real he can take it.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Courage normally overcomes any paranormal obstacle when Muriel is involved, the catalyst for toon force. Discount her and the Slender Man has the clear cut advantage.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@sesquipedalophobe said:

Courage normally overcomes any paranormal obstacle when Muriel is involved, the catalyst for toon force. Discount her and the Slender Man has the clear cut advantage.

That, and his scream. 

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By renamed040924

@Joygirl said:

I've seen Courage in action and was not impressed. The monsterz he fights are NOWHERE near Slender Man level, he's like, an immortal force of nature, he's psychological horror incarnate. Toon force fails Courage here. Likewise, Mystery Inc has no way of taking this. I never saw Ghostbusters so they might have a chance. The only one I see taking it is Batman, via sheer intellect and willpower. Unlike the other gauntleteers he's dealt with serious problems like this, when sh*t gets real he can take it.

Slender Man is HARDLY the first villain to try psychological warfare on Courage. He's went days upon days without sleep thanks to the nightmares some of these guys give him, but can still f*ck sh*t up at the end of the day.

He's not going to win through fearlessness, that's for sure, but he'll have no problem breaking from the trance and making Slender Man retreat.

Mystery Inc I think has a shot as well. Scooby and Shaggy will get tranced that's for sure, but all they need is a handy dandy scooby snack and they're free. I say Slender Man beats them 6-7/10 while he only beats Courage 3/10, and that's being generous.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Joygirl

I don't think he HAS to trance you, he can just GET you, he still has powers and is a badass. One creepypasta has him "absorbing" the fearless dutch girl, scary or not, he still got her. He's still got tentacles and whatnot and Courage is still just a smallish dog.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By renamed040924

@Joygirl said:

I don't think he HAS to trance you, he can just GET you, he still has powers and is a badass. One creepypasta has him "absorbing" the fearless dutch girl, scary or not, he still got her. He's still got tentacles and whatnot and Courage is still just a smallish dog.

That's where toon force comes in handy.

Slender Man grabs courage with his tentacles? Courage whips out a meat cleaver and well, I think you know what comes next.

Hell he doesn't even need toon force, he is a dog after all. He'll just bite those tentacles. Courage has chewed through metal doors with his teeth before.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Joygirl

Small dog chewing through metal doors = toon force. :P But still... I just don't see it. How will he get Slendy in a well, or put him down permanently in any way? What if he retreats, then returns to assassinate Muriel and break Courage's mind? He has too many powers, too much going for him. Like I said, he's psychological fear incarnate, so more than just a supernatural monster.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By renamed040924

@Joygirl said:

Small dog chewing through metal doors = toon force. :P But still... I just don't see it. How will he get Slendy in a well, or put him down permanently in any way? What if he retreats, then returns to assassinate Muriel and break Courage's mind? He has too many powers, too much going for him. Like I said, he's psychological fear incarnate, so more than just a supernatural monster.

By gods will if he somehow actually DOES manage to assassinate Muriel he will get the ever living SH*T kicked out of him.

No one messes with Muriel while Courage is around.

Not to mention Courage has his all knowing computer. You literally type ANYTHING into that thing and it gives you the exact answer you're looking for. The computer will alert Courage that Slender Man can be trapped in a well. Courage proceeds to lure the dumb bloke out to a well, and well, trap him in it.

I've watched many episodes of Courage in my time and I can assure you that this exact scenario is right up his alley. I can literally see the scene playing out in my head.

And also, like I said before Slender Man is not the first so called psychological fear incarnate Courage has faced.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joygirl

Hmmm.. maybe I need to watch a little more Courage then. I only saw a few episodes and he didn't do much (somethin' with a chicken?), and it didn't seem like he'd be a match for someone who can tentacle-rape and absorb/kidnap/devour/disintegrate him.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By renamed040924

@Joygirl said:

Hmmm.. maybe I need to watch a little more Courage then. I only saw a few episodes and he didn't do much (somethin' with a chicken?), and it didn't seem like he'd be a match for someone who can tentacle-rape and absorb/kidnap/devour/disintegrate him.

Ah, the chicken alien, his arch nemesis.

He's a more scifi guy, Courage has taken on plenty of demons in his time.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeanroygrant

@OmegaDynasty said:

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@nickzambuto said:

By gods will if he somehow actually DOES manage to assassinate Muriel he will get the ever living SH*T kicked out of him.

Not to mention Courage has his all knowing computer. You literally type ANYTHING into that thing and it gives you the exact answer you're looking for. The computer will alert Courage that Slender Man can be trapped in a well. Courage proceeds to lure the dumb bloke out to a well, and well, trap him in it.

I've watched many episodes of Courage in my time and I can assure you that this exact scenario is right up his alley. I can literally see the scene playing out in my head.

And also, like I said before Slender Man is not the first so called psychological fear incarnate Courage has faced.

I agree, that scenario is very possible, especially since there probably just happens to be a well somewhere nearby, thanks to... well i don't know what it's thanks to, Courage just always seems to have what's necessary on him or around him at all times. I personally believe the mystery inc goes down, hard. None of them, except maybe Scooby, have toonforce, and on usual bases they fight normal humans. Though they do have a large amount of luck on their side, i don't think it's enough. Jason doesn't fear anything except water, he just machetes the sh*t out of slenderman, especially since he's weakened. Don't know who Ash is, never watched through GB completely, and i believe Batman just mercs him.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By renamed040924

@Soothing_Sounds said:

@nickzambuto said:

I agree, that scenario is very possible, especially since there probably just happens to be a well somewhere nearby, thanks to... well i don't know what it's thanks to, Courage just always seems to have what's necessary on him or around him at all times. I personally believe the mystery inc goes down, hard. None of them, except maybe Scooby, have toonforce, and on usual bases they fight normal humans. Though they do have a large amount of luck on their side, i don't think it's enough. Jason doesn't fear anything except water, he just machetes the sh*t out of slenderman, especially since he's weakened. Don't know who Ash is, never watched through GB completely, and i believe Batman just mercs him.

Well for Jason, as someone already said, he's still a child at heart, "Slender Man's favorite victime."

My guess is when he puts Jason in the trance, it'll be similar to Jason's nightmare from Freddy VS Jason.

Though then again, there's just as much chance of him being fearless like you said so idk.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Joygirl

You guys are way too hung up on the fearless thing. Like I said, you don't have to be afraid for him to trance or absorb you, and Jason is a weak-minded manchild filled with inner torment. He'll walk right into Slendy's tentaclous embrace.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By renamed040924

@Joygirl said:

You guys are way too hung up on the fearless thing. Like I said, you don't have to be afraid for him to trance or absorb you, and Jason is a weak-minded manchild filled with inner torment. He'll walk right into Slendy's tentaclous embrace.

A machete is the perfect weapon for slicing up tentacles.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Joygirl

Bump because I miss Slender Man threadz....

DrEgonSpengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Ghostbusters can take down Slender Man.

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghostbuster can stop him I guess but then again I have no idea what he is!?

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Slender Man is so 2 yrs ago :p If you want to play a scary game, try P.T on the Ps4 its free and its one of the scariest games i have ever played

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Courage, he's the GOAT of conquering fear.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for callous_adherent
Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you actually give Slenderman defined abilities for the purposes of this thread?

Nick I want you in my Vaj yesterday.

GIVE ME YOUR BABIES.

Slender Man is so 2 yrs ago :p If you want to play a scary game, try P.T on the Ps4 its free and its one of the scariest games i have ever played

Play I'm Scared or GTFO nooblet.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jonez_

I've read countless numbers of Slenderman pasta.

He's a selectively visible pyrokinetic with virtual omnipresence.

Also, he has no exact continuity. So I could go write a pasta right now saying he beats TOAA and it would be just as reliable as all other sources.

So, in short, stop using Der Großmann in battles.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

I've read countless numbers of Slenderman pasta.

He's a selectively visible pyrokinetic with virtual omnipresence.

Also, he has no exact continuity. So I could go right a pasta right now saying he beats TOAA and it would be just as reliable as all other sources.

So, in short, stop using Der Großmann in battles.

Yeah, Slenderman is an internet folklore character with no defined canon (victor surge explicitly doesn't want one I believe) and whose abilities, personality, and to some extent even the details of his appearance all vary depending on the author.

He's essentially unusuable and so is Cthulhu for much the same reasons.

Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ash_Boomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ash Williams gets him through firepower and no fear.

Marvel Zombies>Freddy and Jason>Slenderman

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody want to CaV me, Slenderman Vs Mr. Popo?

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers